Basketball Video Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Basketball Video Thread

Postby buzzy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 pm

phpBB [video]

wat
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Unnecessary? Sure. Entertaining? Absolutely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 am

phpBB [video]

Original Celtics
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:57 am

They look like thugs, even the Celtics now.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:01 am

shadowgrin wrote:They look like thugs, even the Celtics now.

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:25 am

That's such a thug block alright. Shooter never had a chance.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Somebody mocap those guys already.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Celtics did it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 pm

phpBB [video]
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Great dunk.

Sorta irrelevant but how tall is Russell really? The commentator says he 6'4 but NBA lists him as 6'3. But then he looked an inch taller than Wade who's listed as 6'4. Either he grew up or is lying(or Wade is tho not likely). And same with his sidekick whose name is Kevin Durango. He's listed as 6'9 but looked at least as tall as Chris Bosh who's listed as 6'11. Either that Kevin Django grew up or is a filthy liar(or Bosh is).
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Another awesome dunk by Westbrook there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:40 pm

never trust anything a commentator or even the team websites list, it's always either an under or over exaggeration... you have to look at the player's draft combine information, that's the most accurate right down to a quarter of an inch, for every other single stat you could want to know as well not just height..... I hit up DraftExpress.com a lot for this info..

so Russ is 6'3.5" so gametime he's pretty much 6'4 with shoes ON, shoes off he's 6'2.5"...... think you're missing the point though Novu it's not about height anymore really, he doesn't dunk like that because of his height, or even his vertical is barely above average for a SG at 36 inches, Chris Paul's was 38 at the draft combine for comparison... It's his monster wingspan 6'8, and his standing reach of 8'4 that allows him to do these dunks..... normal anatomy dictates that in most cases your height is equivalent to your wingspan, but a lot of NBA players defy that logic.... I'm 6'1 myself exactly and my wingspan is 6'1 and a quarter

dont wanna forget to mention how ridiculous of an athlete he is, in my opinion he's up there with LeBron.... never has missed a basketball game in his life going back to his high school days, and the way he explodes first step, to dunk, etc.... his fast twitch muscle fibers are in full effect like nobody else except the fastest sprinters in the world
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby hova- on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:51 am

Imho you can see the difference between somebody really having a nice vertical (like Blake Griffin for example) and a powerful dunker who has long arms.

I never found Westbrooks dunks looked like he is jumping out of the building which is why I don't like them very much (on fastbreaks - in traffic is a different thing).
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am

NovU wrote:Sorta irrelevant but how tall is Russell really? The commentator says he 6'4 but NBA lists him as 6'3. But then he looked an inch taller than Wade who's listed as 6'4. Either he grew up or is lying(or Wade is tho not likely). And same with his sidekick whose name is Kevin Durango. He's listed as 6'9 but looked at least as tall as Chris Bosh who's listed as 6'11. Either that Kevin Django grew up or is a filthy liar(or Bosh is).

Wade is probably 6'3 based on pics of him together standing close with Barkley who's supposedly 6'4 instead of being 6'6 which was his officially listed height when he was still playing.

Westbrook is probably 6'4 now since that measurement was almost 5 years ago when he was still 19 and men can still keep on growing normally up to 21 years old, 24 even.

Some measurements listed in NBA.com are rarely updated. I still remember KG being listed as 220 lbs. for a long time even though it's obvious he didn't look like the skinny HS kid that entered the league anymore. It was eventually changed to a heavier weight but when he was traded to the Celtics it was listed back as 220 before the season started, someone in the site got lazy with the copy-paste of data. (I know this because of editing my own rosters in Live/2K)

Durant is probably 6'10-11 now same way KG grew to be a 7-footer instead of his official height of 6'11.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby buzzy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isPm79xTzM4

Russell and Wade look really close. I would give Westbrook one inch max over Wade judging from this.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 am

what the hell are you guys still goin on about..... I showed you where you can find exact information on every player, every single stat, measured right down to a quarter of an inch, shoes on or off take your pick....

and yall still measuring based on your own opinions and youtube videos :facepalm2:
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 am

:facepalm:
Your exact information from that exact site is not any different from any other sites. It still has Wade taller than Russell. If you didn't notice, we were simply chatting about why Wade is shorter than Russell despite what it says on the paper.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:07 pm

^ you guys keep quoting NBA team sites, and talking about YouTube videos .... you for real dude ?
and GTFO vouching for NBA.com or whatever you see on YouTube or TV, sayin it's the same information you'll find on the draft combine sites, that's too ridiculous to even respond too... if you knew anything about the combines you wouldn't have opened your mouth on that subject
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 pm

This for real dude? LoL

You missed a point entirely in this discussion. This never was about credibility of NBA.com, youtube or your *precious draft site as they all point to the same thing, in which we were discussing why it is so.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:50 pm

you guys wanted to know some stuff but were in the wrong direction with misinformation... so i show you the place where you can get exact specifications on each player..... and yet yall still "discussing" nba.com, and talking about who looks how on youtube...

blah... i tried to help, don't care...outta here :wave:
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

:facepalm2:

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:you guys wanted to know some stuff but were in the wrong direction with misinformation...

No, just no. Because everything grin and buzzy said seemed to be in sync with the topic. Can't be said same for your replies though. Ppl were talking *this but you were talking *that for whatever the weird purpose that nobody gave a shit. But geez... thx?

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:so i show you the place where you can get exact specifications on each player.....

So... how were they significantly different from infos that we gathered beforehand? What difference did it make to our discussion? Why is it all about you and you only? Did you wake up this morning asking what is the meaning of life?

... thought so. Anyhoo enjoy your evening as well, I insist.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Sorry, but both have valid points. Draft Combine is a valid source, but it is also old considering the years players have been in the league. So, with what was said earlier, some players may have grown.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Except that nobody denied Draft Combine(which is his entire point) being a valid source. It's just that it was irrelevant to the discussion because it told no different story from other sources such as general consensus and other referred sites. Thus he had no reasons to go ape shit trying to educate people about the site unless he really believed Wade was taller than Westbrook just like Draft Combine indicates.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm

I was basically being nice about telling you guys to end this discussion. This thread is for videos, take it to the random NBA discussion thread.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball