The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:24 am

hova- wrote:Nowitzki. He has really lost every bit of athleticism he once had at this stage of his career, but he is unguardable - be it the hook or the one legged fade.

As long as he remembers to release the ball. :wink:

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hova- on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:48 am

Saw that one on Shaqtin a fool :D Maybe he thought he was offside.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby NovU on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:06 am

I thought his intention was to pass(to Kaman for easy dunk) when he actually jumped up in the air. But the defender didn't come at him as opposed to Dirk's expectation but instead he boxed Kaman out whom Dirk wanted to pass to. Perhaps too much thinking got to his head? And he wasn't fully recovered to his 100% game shape at that time.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby hova- on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:34 am

I am a happy fanboy right now. Dirk beat the Bulls on his own in the fourth. 15 points and the triple to win the game with 2.9 seconds left on the clock. Nice (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby deihatein on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 am

hova- wrote:I am a happy fanboy right now. Dirk beat the Bulls on his own in the fourth. 15 points and the triple to win the game with 2.9 seconds left on the clock. Nice (Y)

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

phpBB [video]
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 am

phpBB [video]

The Wolfman strikes. I'd have preferred a different result, but you've got to hand it to Dirk for a performance like that. One more win and the beards are history.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Fear the Beard!
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 am

Say goodbye to the beards. Dirk got his 25k.
It's a shame for Utah and Dallas to (in case of Utah most likely) miss the playoffs while cannon fodder like the Bucks will have a 99.5% chance of getting swept in the first round...
I hope Dallas will have a better 2013/14 campaign.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby deihatein on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:27 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:Say goodbye to the beards. Dirk got his 25k.
It's a shame for Utah and Dallas to (in case of Utah most likely) miss the playoffs while cannon fodder like the Bucks will have a 99.5% chance of getting swept in the first round...
I hope Dallas will have a better 2013/14 campaign.

The draft will be a big one for sure. They need to draft someone that could make an impact from day one but with RC its going to be tough. MIKE JAMES will play 45 minutes next season.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby _Steve_ on Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 am

Dirk and Cuban are on a sales pitch as Dirk will accept a "significant pay cut" next summer to lure some big free agents (Dight/Paul) to Dallas.
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 am

Smart move, simply put.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 am

I really hope the Mavs pick up CP3. Howard is looking more and more like he's going to the Rockets, and I don't mind that. CP3 sounds upset at the organization, and might just decide to leave for Dallas. I'd much rather have CP3 than Dwight anyway
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 am

The chances of getting Paul without getting Howard are slim in my opinion. Even if Howard heads to Houston without Paul, I don't know if he's that upset about the Clippers that he'd move on to Dallas because the Clippers still have a good core while Dallas has many expiring contracts including 3 starters.
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 am

Agreed. My guess is that the current friction will be smoothed over and Paul will opt for the team that's in better shape to be competitive straight away, which for once would be the Clippers. If I'm the Mavericks or another team that will have money to spend this offseason, I'm certainly making a few overtures though on the off-chance he can be lured away.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 pm

All this Paul/Howard talk is making me sad/nervous as a Mavs fan. Cuban definitely has the money to sign either one of them but what about the rest of the roster?

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:47 am

Well I guess Mayo might resign because he has been pretty valuable during the first half of the season. Let's just hope he is not asking for too much money. Brandan Wright could be too expensive.

Vince Carter and Shawn Marion are still good enough to help the team in my opinion. Add Jae Crowder to it and you have at least a solid supporting cast. It's tough that the Mavs probably can't use their first rounder because of the guaranteed contract and might draft an european player to place him in Europe and not sign him already.

It will be a tough offseason but I am pretty sure the Mavs will do everything to get to the postseason next year and maybe sign a good player then with Dirk taking less money.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 am

dei. wrote:All this Paul/Howard talk is making me sad/nervous as a Mavs fan. Cuban definitely has the money to sign either one of them but what about the rest of the roster?

Who needs a complete roster when you have Dirk paired up with best player at their respective position. I'd rather pay for the superstar than trying to build the Nuggets.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby deihatein on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 pm

hova- wrote:Well I guess Mayo might resign because he has been pretty valuable during the first half of the season. Let's just hope he is not asking for too much money. Brandan Wright could be too expensive.

Vince Carter and Shawn Marion are still good enough to help the team in my opinion. Add Jae Crowder to it and you have at least a solid supporting cast. It's tough that the Mavs probably can't use their first rounder because of the guaranteed contract and might draft an european player to place him in Europe and not sign him already.

It will be a tough offseason but I am pretty sure the Mavs will do everything to get to the postseason next year and maybe sign a good player then with Dirk taking less money.

I like Mayo don't get me wrong but he is too inconsistent. The moment Dirk got his groove back during almost the second half of the season was the the time Mayo starts sucking for whatever reason, that's also the time Carlisle started putting Fisher/James as the starting guard which might have hurt Mayo's productivity.

They say that Mayo played better paired with Collison which confuses me why RC didn't let them run the show even with Dirk back.

I'll go with the Plan A (Paul/Howard) before signing Mayo. I want Brand back though, he is the perfect backup to Dirk right now.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 am

dei. wrote:I'll go with the Plan A (Paul/Howard) before signing Mayo. I want Brand back though, he is the perfect backup to Dirk right now.

If I understand you correctly you want to get Paul and Howard. With Dallas' "limited" cap space you can only sign one of them. Saying that I'm pretty sure Dallas will get non of them, because Howard is either paring with Paul in Atlanta or going to Houston, if he leaves LA.
_Steve_

Postby deihatein on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:02 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:
dei. wrote:I'll go with the Plan A (Paul/Howard) before signing Mayo. I want Brand back though, he is the perfect backup to Dirk right now.

If I understand you correctly you want to get Paul and Howard. With Dallas' "limited" cap space you can only sign one of them. Saying that I'm pretty sure Dallas will get non of them, because Howard is either paring with Paul in Atlanta or going to Houston, if he leaves LA.

Well fuck.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby NovU on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 am

LOL, I laughed so hard on the first vid. Dirk felt so embarrassed he trip himself and still got a penalty.

Nice penalty kick though. This was German celebrity match or something?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

Looked more like he took a dive like most soccer players do just to be funny.
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:08 am

Once a flopper always a flopper.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hova- on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:17 pm

NovU, it was a charity match organized by Dirk and Manuel Neuer (German soccer goalkeeper).
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball