The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby skotas28 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Was really excited and could not wait to start the playoffs, so decided to SIM my last 11 games. It turned out OK (6-5). This season played 68games, simmed 14.

Raptors finished with a franchise best 53-29 record and was tied for the 1st place in the East, Heat came on top due to winning 2 of 3 against us.

Jonas Valanciunas made it to the Rookie 1st team, and T.Ross to the Rookie 2nd team.

J.Val was injured for the last 2 weeks of the season and he wont be available in the 1st round of the playoffs. We got lucky, as the 7th seed is Wizards.

Prediction Raptors advance in 5. Possible matchup in the 2nd round Bulls/Nets.
skotas28

Postby M3r$uRy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 pm

After winning the championship with my Nuggets against the Nets, I made an off-season roster party :mrgreen:
My current roster:
C: Dwight Howard (Starter), Cody Zeller (Prospect)
PF: Anthony Davis (Starter), Jared Sullinger (Role), Lance Thomas (Role)
SF: Shabazz Muhammad (Starter), Jordan Hamilton (Role)
SG: James Harden (Starter), Terrence Williams (6th Man)
PG: Kyrie Irving (Starter), Avery Bradley (6th Man), Derek Fisher (Bench), Donald Sloan (Bench)

For a bargain-seeking and transfer-loving opportunist like me the trade system is ridiculous once again. The only thing they fixed is that you can't trade for superstars this year. Playlers like Durant, James, Westbrook etc. are off-limits no matter what you offer. The only superstar I had a chance on getting was Rose.

EDIT: I fixed a typo I made... I have Cody Zeller and not Tyler.
Last edited by M3r$uRy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CF Releases & Requests Directories for NBA 2K14 & NBA 2K13

Find and request the Cyberface you want here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

::::::::::|> My custom soundtracks for NBA 2K14 <|::::::::::
M3r$uRy

Postby Martti. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Really nice young core, though it will be tough keeping all 5 starters, as probably all of them will want a max deal.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby M3r$uRy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Martti. wrote:Really nice young core, though it will be tough keeping all 5 starters, as probably all of them will want a max deal.

I made a typo in my last post...I don't have Tyler Zeller, I have Cody!
Cody Zeller or Nerlens Noel will replace Howard in 4 years.
Harden can be traded for a good SF and picks (I hope I can land Wiggins next year) and Muhammad can take his place. Do I have a cap limit when renewing contracts? I have never needed to blow up my core cause I never went further than the 5th year.
CF Releases & Requests Directories for NBA 2K14 & NBA 2K13

Find and request the Cyberface you want here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

::::::::::|> My custom soundtracks for NBA 2K14 <|::::::::::
M3r$uRy

Postby skotas28 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:18 am

Wizards swept 4-0!
They gave me an early scare in the 1st game, 42-60 down at halftime, had a really hard fought 2nd half and climbed back at the very end to win 102-97.
Took 2nd game more serious from a very beginning and won it comfortably 92-76.
3rd game was a close game throughout. 112-107
Wizards came to the last game with a holidays on their minds. After 3Q had a 90-58 lead, won the game 108-97. (no excuse for 18-39 last Q tho. )
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 am

East Semifinals vs Bulls

1st game in Toronto. 15+ lead changes, 15+ times tied, Bulls biggest lead +10(early in the game), Raptors biggest lead +4. Toe-to-toe whole second half, but in the end just could not do it. Lost 97-104.
I guess I still have a chance, but Raptors are just too young and inexperienced to beat Bulls in a best-of-7.
skotas28

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 am

Season 2 of my Pistons Association.

Calderon, Igguodala, Singler, Monroe, Drummond
Stuckey, Millsap, English, Prince, Maxiell, Ruffin, W. Bynum, T. Williams

Really excited to be going up against the Heat tomorrow. We're 33-8 (2nd in Conference), they're 31-6 (1st in Conference). Should be a great one.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby skotas28 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

East Semifinals Game 2

It was a perfectly played game of basketball, constructive offence, no rush or stupid passes, proper battle on defence, hustle balls. D.West played best game of a playoffs and probably whole season. With 6min left in a game Raptors had a 88-72 lead and was looking to tie a series. But then got in 4min scoring drought, D.Rose started to make fadeway/roll-over-the-head/ last second/ fall-outbounds-push-the-ball-towards-the-basket shots and with 2min left it was 88-84. Anyhow managed to survive 92-86. Series 1-1 and we moving to Chicago.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:04 am

Game 3 in Chicago. 92-101L. Series 1-2. Started the game 0-10, only in the 3rd Q. managed to tie a game few times, but never had a lead, as soon as I was catching up, they were responding. Tough loss.

Game 4 in Chicago 103-92W. Series 2-2. Before a game placed Amir Johnson on starting 5, Val on the bench, as Noah was destroying a rookie for the last two games. It worked out well, Amir finished a game with 12pts, 11rbs (4off), 5ast and forced Noah into early foul trouble. Valanciunas had a good run from the bench with 13pts and 4rbs, 2blk. And surprise MVP of a Game: Jeff Green with 19pts, 9rbs, 2/2 3pt shots.
skotas28

Postby Pitar on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 am

Leftos wrote:Season 2 of my Pistons Association.

Calderon, Igguodala, Singler, Monroe, Drummond
Stuckey, Millsap, English, Prince, Maxiell, Ruffin, W. Bynum, T. Williams

Really excited to be going up against the Heat tomorrow. We're 33-8 (2nd in Conference), they're 31-6 (1st in Conference). Should be a great one.

Nice to see you're starting an Iggy-era in Detroit as well! Bring home a championship for him will ya?
Pitar

Postby skotas28 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Game 5 in Toronto. 94-87W. Series 3-2. Another incredible perfomance by a young Raptors team. 7pts is the biggest lead I had all game and it only got that big, because of a freethrows at the end. All game it was +4/-4 swing. Bulls were killing me with an offensive rebounds. Somehow managed to survive.

Game 6 in Chicago. From the very beginning it looked like we are set for a Game 7. D.Rose was doing some incredible stuff, and Noah+Boozer dominating in the paint. 42-55 down at halftime, D.Rose 9/10 shooting with 20pts and 6ast. After the break Raptors started to claw back step by step, Derozan and J.Green were doing a great job defending Rose. D.West and T.Ross were killing it in the offensive end. 69-73 after 3Q. J. Flynn whos playoff average was 2.4pts/game, scored 8pts in a row and tied a game at 83-83, it was first tie since opening tip. 2min later three pointer by T.Ross gave Raptors first lead of the game 88-87. 29sec left in the game D.West tied it at 98-98. Bulls took a timeout. It was obvious they will go for D.Rose.
11sec left Rose took a contested mid-range shot and missed it, Raptors got a rebound and called for timeout. Was thinking to create an opportunity for Ross or Lawry to take a last second shot. But Bulls fouled me just after a throw in.
Derozan missed 1st, but made 2nd and gave me 99-98 lead. Full court press worked perfectly and it took 5sec for Rose to get the ball up, was not expecting him to pass the ball and boy he did!! To a wide open J.Noah.. Noah took a last second, wide open jumper... and MISSED IT!!! Ball just rimmed out.. 99-98W, RAPTORS in the EAST FINALS!!! Series 4-2.

Team that made a Raptors history:

PG K.Lawry/ J.Flynn / A.Daniels
SG. D.Derozan/ T.Ross
SF J.Green/ Reggie Williams/ Marvin Williams
PF D.West/ J.Sullinger
C J.Val/ A.Johnson/ A.Drummond
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 pm

East Finals GAME 1 in Miami.

With J.Green and Reggie Williams having injuries (day to day), had to put Marvin Williams on starting 5, hoping he will do good stopping LeBron. Miami was playing without D.Wade and U.Haslem, so was hoping to make an upset. But really never had a chance in this game. Bosh, LBJ and freakin M.Miller 24(6/8 3pts shots) was too much for me. Was trailing by as many as -19. Closest I got was -7 early in the 4th. Lost 90-99. Series 0-1.
2nd game in Miami still gona see same players sidelined for injuries. Hopefully this one will be a closer game.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm

EAST Finals. Game 2. Miami.

Another little miracle by Toronto. 101-97. Another hard battle all game long, but at the end couple of defensive efforts sealed a win. Series 1-1.

East Finals. Games 3-4. Toronto.

D.Wade returned from an injury and Lebron - Wade duo was a bit too much to handle. Game 3 101-105, series 1-2. Game 4 again both scored 29pts each and was blown away 74-106. Series 1-3.

Game 5. Miami. Was in a mood for a last game, but my players had different thoughts :) An impressive effort, managed to get Lebron into foul trouble early, and he fouled out at the beginning of the 4th with 14pts only. Only 8 turnovers whole game and a fantastic win 104-97 bringing series to Toronto. Series 2-3.

Game 6. Toronto. Do not know what happened in the last couple of games, but Raptors played as they are a favourites. 93-85 win. Series tied at 3-3. Going back to Miami for a final showdown, won 2 of 3 games there, so everything is possible. Lakers are waiting in the finals beating OKC 4-1 in the West.

Only 8 teams in a history of NBA came back from a 1-3 to win a series. Only 3 times it happened in a conference finals. Last time in 1981. Will Raptors make a History?
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 pm

RAPTORS ARE IN THE FINALS!!!

LeBron choked in the most important game of a season, got in an early foul trouble and had 2 pts at halftime. Raptors had +16 at halftime and managed to hold on to it for the rest of a game.

Hopefully will start Superfinals tonight. Have no idea what to expect now, as was expecting to loose to Bulls and later to Heat, but managed to win both series even when trailing 1-2(Bulls), 1-3(Heat).
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 pm

So pi$$ed off right now!!

Went to the Finals expecting a great battle, just to find out that Kobe and Nash were out with long-term injuries. Was not even bothered to play. Simmed and lost 2-4. D12 Finals MVP. Fuk that shit.
skotas28

Postby Larvae on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 am

Im using the Chicago Bulls, and so a week before the playoffs Derrick Rose broke his foot and expected to miss 6-8 weeks. And so i entered the playoffs 3rd seed. I faced the Cavs, i won in 7 games (w/o D-Rose) Deng and Robinson was leading the way for me (some simmed some played)
And i faced the Nets and i shockingly won in 6 games (simmed) Then i faced the Heat. I won game one in OT (i played it) and then simmed it all the way, and LeBron choked on the rest of the games except game 5 which he scored 38 on 11/17 shooting and they won that game. But game 6 for the Heat, all went wrong.. 5 minutes into the game D-Wade broke his foot and expected to miss 6-8 weeks. And as a result, my team blew the Heat out. And so Derrick Rose is now on a day-to-day... And im on the NBA Finals w/o Derrick Rose.... Against the Thunder who have Durantula (29PPG) and W-Brook (26PPG) and a Ibaka who's averaging 20 PPG. :shock:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby BaubaS on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 am

Currently Im playing Raptors association. Im almost done with the season, and probably I'll play in the playoffs. In the offseason Im planning to buy some medium-level players, and then trade them for better players. Im planning to make such trades (tried to create another association, simulate whole season - worked out):

DeRozan > Iggy
Bargnani > T. Robinson
Terrence Ross + something > Jamal Crawford
Some player bought in the offseason > D. Fisher

So my roster would look something like that:

PG: Lowry, Fisher
SG: A. Iguodala, J. Crawford/T. Ross [dunno should I trade him for Jamal Crawford]
SF: R. Gay, [?]
PF: T. Robinson, E. Brand [offseason]
C: D. Jordan, J. Valanciunas
BaubaS

Postby Mark. on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 am

Don't trade Terrence Ross, he will be a great piece for the future, keep developing his shooting and he should be able to cover Crawford's role ok.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby BaubaS on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:28 am

Okay, I'll keep that in mind, but I also have another idea:

Trade DeRozan for Ellis (1yr/11m, going to FA after the season)
Trade Bargnani for Gasol (1yr/19m, going to FA after the season)
Trade some bench players for Marion (1yr/9.6m, going to FA after the season)

So I would get almost 40m free salary cap, so I could buy LeBron and Wall [MAYBE]

PG Wall
SG Ross
SF Gay
PF LeBron
C Valanciunas [or trade him with some other bench players for DeAndre]

As my bench would suck, I could make some small trades in the preseason.
BaubaS

Postby SunnyDove on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:19 pm

The Knicks = my team but I just can't make my association challenging enough to actually play it past the 10th or 12th game. I win almost every game (usually 10-0 or 9-1 in the first stretch of games... I've replayed the first part of the season many times with different sliders). The CPU just isn't smart enough. I am currently using a variant of eccentric edition sliders. I just change the shooting type to real player % and replace his user shooting values with hkharsh33's values. I would summarize my problem as: I am unable to make the game interesting or challenging without making the CPU mega-cheesy. I do my very best to play a "simulation" play style.
This is a typical game for me. Up by 20-30 by halftime. Don't even need starters in the 4th quarter...

Any recommendations on sliders or other ideas? I use Med's roster and I felt like Melo is pretty overpowered so I lowered his medium and 3pt a bit as well but he still wrecks most defenders. I want to enjoy 2K but it's just not challenging enough and I lose interest every year. Please help.
SunnyDove

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 am

BaubaS wrote:Okay, I'll keep that in mind, but I also have another idea:

Trade DeRozan for Ellis (1yr/11m, going to FA after the season)
Trade Bargnani for Gasol (1yr/19m, going to FA after the season)
Trade some bench players for Marion (1yr/9.6m, going to FA after the season)

So I would get almost 40m free salary cap, so I could buy LeBron and Wall [MAYBE]

PG Wall
SG Ross
SF Gay
PF LeBron
C Valanciunas [or trade him with some other bench players for DeAndre]

As my bench would suck, I could make some small trades in the preseason.

That would be some power moves there. A Lebron/Gay forward combo would wreck havoc.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 am

SunnyDove wrote:The Knicks = my team but I just can't make my association challenging enough to actually play it past the 10th or 12th game. I win almost every game (usually 10-0 or 9-1 in the first stretch of games... I've replayed the first part of the season many times with different sliders). The CPU just isn't smart enough. I am currently using a variant of eccentric edition sliders. I just change the shooting type to real player % and replace his user shooting values with hkharsh33's values. I would summarize my problem as: I am unable to make the game interesting or challenging without making the CPU mega-cheesy. I do my very best to play a "simulation" play style.
This is a typical game for me. Up by 20-30 by halftime. Don't even need starters in the 4th quarter...

Any recommendations on sliders or other ideas? I use Med's roster and I felt like Melo is pretty overpowered so I lowered his medium and 3pt a bit as well but he still wrecks most defenders. I want to enjoy 2K but it's just not challenging enough and I lose interest every year. Please help.

Hmmm, perhaps try increasing the CPU's offensive ability, they should be scoring more than that, also decrease your defensive sliders perhaps....
I agree though, games aren't that hard to win if you are playing a simulation style as you just have to be smarter than the PC. I embrace a good loss as they dont seem to happen as much as I would like. That being said the CPU can get infuriating when it starts 'cheating'.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby BaubaS on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:45 am

Im currently in the conference semi-finals with Raptors against Sixers with series of 1-0. Gay is a beast in the clutch, he's the only reason why I got out of the first round of playoffs [4-2 against nets, most of the games win only by +-3-5 points]. I bought Weems, Wallace from the FA pool. Weems is a beast as he's got only 68overall, and Wallace is a nice guy for defense. He's averaging about 4pts, 10 rebs in the last 5 games. So now my roster looks like that. Next season I wont make many trades, just get some better starting players, and make the starting five look something like that:

PG: Lowry, N. Robinson
SG: D. DeRozan, T. Ross
SF: R. Gay, S. Weems
PF: D. West/P. Gasol, ?
C: D. Jordan, ?

I think I could make the playoffs not so hard as with the current roster.
BaubaS

Postby Durant35 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm

How do you manually import data from another FDC to the loaded FDC? I made a mistake using Auto-Generated Rookies.
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby mpac on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 pm

ive been restarting association after association as I easily got bored lately. I finally found one with Rockets in which made me excited when I use Harden, Lin, T Rob and made a trade for Pau. But unfortunately, i accidentally deleted the file. :( When I restarted, I got bored again as I have to start from Day 1.

Now I plan to start using the Indiana Pacers as they are one of the teams which has a bad blood with the Heat (tried using Boston but it became too strong after 2 seasons and I lost interest). Any suggestions on how I can make my story longer with the Pacers? :)
mpac

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood