The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Another Friday is upon us, so I've posted a new edition of The Friday Five. This week I'm counting down five things I'd like to see added in MyCAREER in NBA 2K14:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... -mycareer/

Appreciate the responses to the first edition last week, nice to see there's some interest in features like this. Once again I hope you enjoy reading it and that it provokes a little discussion on this week's topic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Improvements Needed for MyCAREER

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Great list. (Y) #1 is definitely something that should have been fixed this year. The "Allow Man to Score" penalty is the worst, especially if you're a point guard guarding a Chris Paul or a Tony Parker. These are players that will get their points one way or another. Penalizing almost half a grade just for allowing two points in the middle of say the second or third quarter is arguably the biggest injustice of the mode; you can't hold your opponent down forever.

I think the amount we are deducted should vary by context and situation, and that's probably the best approach to take. If I allowed two points because I got caught on a screen and my teammates didn't help defensively, the penalty shouldn't be too severe. If I allowed my man to go right past me for an easy layup, in the final minutes of the fourth quarter, then I wouldn't mind being deducted half a grade. Definitely hoping that gets fixed in 2K14.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Absolutely; along with "allow pass inside" and "allow offensive rebound", it's one of the sketchier assessments, possession to possession. I've actually had a blocked shot positive grade completely negated by the "allow offensive rebound" deduction when the player managed to retain possession after I blocked him. Considering it was a rather impressive block that I got to just in time after a teammate left the player wide open, it wasn't exactly fair. Context should definitely carry greater weight in grading.

Thanks for checking out the article! :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Yeah, you're doing a great job with these Friday Five articles. I've read quite a few of them and they provide great reads. (Y) Looking forward to future articles. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Good to know, appreciate the feedback! I'm continuing to compile a list of ideas for future Fives so that I've always got a topic ready to go if something doesn't happen to come up during the week, so I'm open to suggestions for topics to discuss, rate and rank. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard