:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns Ch. 9 out

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:01 am

Just a day after the lottery, Huey newton has made in known early that a Nash trade is a matter of "when" then "If" after a three team trade between the New Orleans Hornets and Houston Rockets.

Phoenix dumps bust Robin Lopez to New Orleans and Wesley Johnson to Houston for Goran Dragic coming out of Houston. The Rockets also received Mexican big man Gustovo Ayon. Nash certainly can not hope to call himself a Sun for much longer, no matter how loyal he may be. Nash also tweeted out his "glee" for the arriving Dragic:

Phoenix receives:

Points Guard Goran Dragic

New Orleans receives:
Center Robin Lopez

Houston receives:
Center Gustavo Ayon
Wesley Johnson

It has also been announced that former head coach Mike Woodson has been interviewed for the Suns head coaching job which is currently open. More on that later though.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:37 am

Huey Newton wants his presence felt in Phoenix after the recent signing of Mike Woodson as the Suns' new head coach

Woodson, who is known as a defensive guru, will probably slow the temp of the Suns down and have them focus more on rebounds and defense. Woodson once held a three year stint in Atlanta getting to the playoffs each time but still not getting past the second round and was let go after so many failures. In Phoenix though, he isn't here to win a championship he's here to lead a young team for the future and signed a lengthy four year contract.

Hopefully he can turn things around here, not the same story as the Hawks
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Should We Expect Them Back?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 am

With four players of the eleven remaining on the Phoenix Suns roster, how many should we expect to be back in the desert? Huey Newton has already said, " don't get your hopes up" Sebastian Telfaire and Shannon Brown have both expressed that they will both test free agency and Newton doesn't expect to go back after them after they leave their facility.

Michael Redd could be the only realistic player to return, the shooting guard position is bleak with just Avery Bradely being the only player under contract on the team. O'Neal will likely not return because of the advanced age of the player at this point. He maybe will not receive any calls from the Phoenix front office until after the draft. That is when Phoenix expects to make any moves for their other than the Nash trade "when" it happens.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:32 am

NBA2K has finally released their 2012 mock draft on nba2kmags.com. Here is their idea below:

We're able to see who goes when, but not where because 2K's order is way out of wack, Sacramento has first overall, followed by Phoenix, the rest is also out of order for no reason should be dissected any longer. According to 2K though, Derrick Perkins is actually below Anthony Davis by one pick. Perkins was expected by everyone basically around the world that he was #1 overall worthy. I'm going to call 2K on this one and say that their just wrong. Derrick Perkins is going first no matter what and most likely will be starting at that moment.

Steve Nash's name has also been thrown everywhere around the NBA. Almost two weeks after the Dragic trade teams are still calling in looking for a way to take the 38 year-old guard from Phoenix. It seems Newton is listening and has been trying to construct a deal to send Nash where he wants, and still get something in return. Toronto, the Lakers, Grizzlies, Hornets, and Hakws seem to be all apart of Nash's wishlist and Newton has been trying his best to construct a trade to benefit the Suns and Nash.
It appears Nash is being cool about all of this and hasn't spoken at all to the press about any annoyance with his team trying to trade him like in previous years. Nash knows his home won't be in Phoenix for much longer and expects it to be in another city where he makes an impact soon.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:13 am

One of those "Post this, leave this, hope someone responds after a few days" Type of situation for me. I have formulated two trades to move Nash to Memphis or Atlanta since Mike Conley is in Brooklyn and I'm trying to get another high draft pick in this draft. Here is the first one:

Here is the one for ATL:

SuperHueyNewton

Postby A$AP-Pookie on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

Damn it's gettin hot out here , waiting for he draft , hopefully Suns are picking Perkins ! Phoenix staff is dumb or what ? Trading Nash and picks for nothin tho.... Best of luck out there :)
http://www.forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=90858
Comment me and you'll be commented too.
A$AP-Pookie

Postby Rosque on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Do the first trade. You get 3rd overall and you can draft Lillard.. if he's in this class anyway.. If not.. Take my boy Petrović :D
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 am

Glad I actually got a few replies

A$AP-Pookie wrote:Damn it's gettin hot out here , waiting for he draft , hopefully Suns are picking Perkins ! Phoenix staff is dumb or what ? Trading Nash and picks for nothin tho.... Best of luck out there :)

But finding a place to trade him has been extremely hard though! I'd rather give Nash to a place where he'll start and get a high draftee because this draft is stuffed to the brim.

Rosque wrote:Do the first trade. You get 3rd overall and you can draft Lillard.. if he's in this class anyway.. If not.. Take my boy Petrović :D

No Lillard is not in this draft. Now I have to put him, Chris Smith, and Nerlens Noel in the next draft class to have a few top prospects for next season. Also, Petrovic wouldn't be a bad idea really, he could backup Drazen, or come off the bench with Bradely if I get a SG in this offseason. I really want to go after Eric Gordon, since the Suns really gave him a max deal in real life. I would really love grabbing him in free agency, having Bradely back him up, and then he could be my new leading scorer.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Glad I actually got a few replies

Also, Petrovic wouldn't be a bad idea really, he could backup Drazen

Unlike I get.. Anyway.. :oops:

Petrović is so beast that he can back himself up.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 am

The trade to send Nash out of Phoenix finally happened today as he will now be known as a Memphis Grizzly. It was another three team deal that gave the Suns the #3 overall pick from the Raptors. Andrea Bargnani was sent to Memphis also in exchange for Rudy Gay. Barg will likely have to start at SF with Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol signing extensions. This trade is making headlines all over the country with Twitter exploding and ESPN having numerous reporters having stories over it.

Toronto basically made out like bandits after getting Gay who is already restructuring his contract to aid the team in this years offseason to try and make moves.

Phoenix receives:
Raptors 1st round draft pick
Power Forward Darrell Arthur

Toronto receives:
Power Forward Channing Frye
Small Forward Rudy Gay

Memphis receives:
Point Guard Jerryd Bayless
Center Andrea Bargnani
Point Guard Steve Nash
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Bye-bye Steve!

Postby Rosque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 am

Now go get some superstar talent in the draft :D How much cap room do you have in off season?
Rosque

Pre-Draft Party!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 am

Two week long party. That's how we're describing it anyway. From workouts to the draft, the staff here in Phoenix is treating everyday as a party, and why not? Our future is looking very good in the near future. Michael Redd is still here since we're still discussing a contract proposal with him and Jermaine O'Neal doesn't want to leave until he has a contract offered to him. Does he really need to ruin my party before it begins?

Huey Newton: Ugh, what do you want Jermaine?

Jermaine O'Neal: You know exactly what I'm here for Huey.

Newton: This really isn't the time for this, I need to get with the scouts on who we're going to choose to work with this week.

Jermaine: I know, and I'm all for that, I just want to be a part of this team. I want to be the veteran presence the young kids you're preparing to get. No one else on this team, besides Michael has played as long as me.

Newton: We don't want to hand you a contract because we fear you won't be able to live up to it. How many years do you think you have on your old body?

Jermaine: You offered Mike a two year deal, right?

Newton: You're correct, but what are you getting at?

Jermaine: I think I still have at least three years before my time is said and done, I may not be the same impact player as I used to be, but I can still help for sure in the long run teaching some of these guys.

Newton: You really believe you have three years to play? I doubt you'll be able to go through next season without a major injury hindering you.

Jermaine: Come on, Shannon and Sebastian are leaving by their own will, why is it that I have to beg for a contract?

Before I could answer, on queue as usual, Mr. Iverson stepped in and wanted to put his own idea on the matter.

Iverson: How come there isn't a contract on your desk yet?

Jermaine began to start beaming, I had to resist as hard as I could to not lock eyes with him.

Newton: What do you mean Iverson? Last I checked, I am the one calling shots, why should we keep him?

Iverson: Becuase one, Bob wants you to keep him. He rarely played bad during the minutes he had to. Two, he is a locker room presence. We've got a lot of young guys here and some young guys coming in, he is heavily needed.

Newton: Argh, all right. Two years, no more than four million. As soon as you have a long term injury, you're cut.

Jermaine: Well you keep getting a tight trainer staff, expect me to stay.

We hammer out the rest of the details there, he can't sign it yet, only give a verbal agreement according to NBA rules. A 2 year $3.8M contract. If he does really get hurt, we can just send him packing. O'Neal actually got out after that, who would have known? After I see his shoulder slide past the door frame, I turned to Iverson.

Newton: Back to important topics, who due we have scheduled for Sunday and for what exercise?

Iverson pulled out a black iPhone 5 and I waited for him to answer. The dim light popping off the screen, he seemed to be looking at several time schedules at once.

Iverson: Okay for Sunday and Monday we have two shootarounds scheduled for Drazen Petrovic and late draft announcement Chris Smith from Louisville.

Newton: Ahh, J.R. Smith's brother, he looked good this year. Wonder what took so long for him to announce for the draft. Petrovic, that name rings a bell, didn't he play for the Nets once?

Iverson: Yes, I wonder why he took so long too, and No. There was a Petrovic that played for the Nets at one point, I think this Petrovic might be his nephew or something along those lines.

Newton: He can play the point also?

Iverson: Yes, he did that from time to time in Croatia, I watched a few of his games in person. I must say, this kid looks impressive.

Newton: Yeah, we may take him after Anthony, Chris in the second round, if he's available.

Iverson: You're committing early, we need to at least see what we see out of these guys first.

Newton: Ha. You're right, how about Tuesday?

Iverson: Tuesday, one on one with Anthony against someone you want to invite out from free agency.

Newton: I can do that? Hm... Put him up against Kris Humphries, Wednesday?

Iverson: Wednesday we have a five on five between the top picks of the draft, Thursday, Terrence Ross and Jared Sullinger against and Markieff.

Newton: Why Markieff? Why not Darell? We just got him, see what he can too in order to decide what we do with him.

Iverson: All right, will change. Friday, another one on one between J.J. Sparks and Goran.

Newton: Wait, who is this Sparks person?

Iverson: A player with speed and handles, lethal from the line too but mostly nothing else.

Newton: Acceptable, at least we're looking at guards. And Saturday?

Iverson: At the end of the week we have a two on two with Austin Rivers and Tyler Zeller against Avery and Markieff.

Newton: We can finally get this party started. Fire up the microwave and fill the water jug with soda, lets go!
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 am

It took me almost an hour to write that article lol

Rosque wrote:Now go get some superstar talent in the draft :D How much cap room do you have in off season?

Hopefully I can get some talent in this draft. I have at least 30 mil after giving out contracts to Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Redd, so again, I'm sitting pretty
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 am

With third pick in 2012 draft Phoenix Suns select... Dražen Petrović from Zagreb Croatia.

Sign some big name signing.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 am

Rosque wrote:With third pick in 2012 draft Phoenix Suns select... Dražen Petrović from Zagreb Croatia.

Sign some big name signing.

At the moment getting Petrovic, Davis, and signing basically any big names is my highest priority, Gerald Wallace is in the free agency, Thad Young, Eric Gordon, Javale McGee. This free agency is very good. Right now, I'm playing through my workouts
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am

Finished Workouts, will do draft this weekend, still got homework to do lol
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:54 am

Only hours before the NBA Draft finally occurs the hype for Phoenix is so thick, you can cut it with a knife. We already know who is to be taken first and second overall. Question is though, who is going to be taken after Anthony Davis?

Phoenix is expected to take Croatian guard Drazen Petrovic, but don't want to use such a high pick on him and would rather it be around five to ten. An in-draft trade could occur so that Phoenix moves slightly back take Petrovic. After Petrovic, who can we expect to be taken next? Reports say that the Suns have shown heavy interest in Louisville Guard, Chris Smith, the younger brother of J.R. Smith.

Chris Smith has an immeasurable amount of potential, that is the main reason the Suns have expressed so much interest in him. There is a concern that there will be simply too many guards on the team after drafting Drazen Petrovic. A backup to Goran Dragic isn't a bad idea, but there are simply more pressing needs for the Suns. A Center for example, there aren't many in-your-face Centers after Meyers Leanard, but there is talent that can be dug up in players like Oscar Cousins, the cousin of... well DeMarcus Cousins. He is decent on the defensive side and good and catching rebounds, but not much else. He attended Kent. State, so is under everyone's radar, but still expected to get drafted.

They could also get a backup for Jared Dudley, seeing how Josh Childress doesn't appear to be a player execpected to play that often in Woodson's defensive schemes. The Suns could try for Jeffery Taylor, who is a first round talent, but is still expected to go to the second round of the draft. Phoenix could possibly be targeting Syracuse swingman Kris Joseph, who isn't a very dead-eye shooting talent, but can get on a roll fairly quickly if given the chance.

Only things left to do is spectate, guess, and wait as the 2012 NBA Draft quickly approaches!
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 am

NO NO NO NO NO! Petro is the only way to go :D

Also Meyers Leonard..not Myers Leonard.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 am

Rosque wrote:NO NO NO NO NO! Petro is the only way to go :D

Also Meyers Leonard..not Myers Leonard.

I was not implying that I wouldn't draft Petro, just grab him at a later pick, I will still draft him though
SuperHueyNewton

Draft Night!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 am

This year's draft has finally come and gone with several pieces falling where they were intended and some being taken up earlier than perceived. Let's take a look at the First Round and its trades:

Before taking anyone in this year's draft, Phoenix traded their third pick, as expected, to Cleveland for their fifth overall pick and thirty fifth overall pick. Cleveland then proceeded to take Perry Jones and two picks later, Drazen Petrovic was selected with the fifth overall pick.

Just two more picks later, the seventh overall and Trevor Ariza were shipped to Brooklyn, and in return, New Orleans received disgruntled guard Michael Conley and Marshon Brooks. Michael Conley won the Sixth Man of the year award but Brooklyn couldn't keep him happy after obtaining him from Memphis for Gerald Wallace, they decided to go a new direction by acquiring struggling forward, Trevor Ariza. Brooklyn then took Terrence Ross with the seventh overall pick.

And before the fifteenth pick was finalized, Norris Cole was traded to Houston for Luis Scola, alleviating cap space for Houston, but at the cost of their pick. After just taking NLSCer DeMarr Jones, the Philadelphia 76ers took another NLSCer, Riley Gisseman.

The first round wasn't full of surprises except the pickup of Thomas Robinson by Detroit, not the smartest pick clogging up their inside, but it should work out in the future.

Best Pick: Jared Sullinger
Worst Pick: Andrew Nicholson

Now we take a look at the second round that had as much trades as the first to our surprise, here is the round and its trade:

After drafting Arnett Moultrie, instead of taking one more player out of this draft, Phoenix decided to make it known that this pick was up for grabs, and soon after, Charlotte was calling their green room with an offer they couldn't refuse. Phoenix gets rid of that second round pick, and contract heavy Josh Childress opening up plenty more cap space to make moves in the free agency. They also get Charlotte's first rounder, but watch out, after getting J.T. from Dallas last year, it looks like Charlotte is going to start winning soon. Charlotte then took Alex Young with their obtained pick.

New Orleans then immediately tried to fill up their missing small forward spot seeing as this draft was weak with them in the second round. They traded their second rounder for the Pistons' Tayshaun Prince. Prince spent his whole career with the Pistons, it draws a few tears for the Piston fans that a guy so loyal was traded by his team. Detroit took C.J. Leslie with their new pick.

Detroit nor Brooklyn were finished trading in the draft. Brooklyn sent over sharpshooter Anthony Morrow to Detroit in exchange for big-man Charlie Villanueva and Detroit's eighth overall pick. Villanueva held a large contract and it helps them for the future going into free agency. Brooklyn's purse must be tight after getting such big contracts in an attempt to win soon. Brooklyn then took Tomas Satoransky, another Croatian player.

Round two was filled with questionable picks, considering the talent still left on the board, the draft was still eventfull and re-injected with emotion with each pick.
Best Pick: Patric Young
Worst Pick: Ernest Hunter
That is a wrap folks, get ready for free agency as this season's market is full of great talent. Eric Gordon declined his offer from New Orleans, Gerald Wallace did too out of frustration with Memphis, Thad Young and the Denver Nuggets also agreed on a buyout since the player was so unhappy. Get ready for big moves everyone, this should be a good one!
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Draft Night!

Postby Rosque on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 am

Nice pickup at 34th pick with Moultrie. Petrović...get ready for Croatian Sniper Huey :D
Rosque

Suns interested in Gerald Wallace and Eric Gordon?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 am

A day into free agency, the Phoenix Suns have offered up contracts to three players. Potential All-Star Eric Gordon, defensive juggernaut Gerald Wallace, and last year's reigning Slam Dunk Contest winner Jeremy Evans. Eric Gordon played about seven minutes less last year for the Hornets than he did the previous year with the Clippers, he averaged 18.1 PPG in 30.3 MPG. He also notched a career high in three point shooting draining 38% of his shots from down town. Eric Gordon can not only help Phoenix win games, but could also help fill seats.

Gerald Wallace, though only to get into the All-Star game once, he still has the potential to one day make it back to the exhibition game. He played very little minutes compared to what he was used to while in Memphis and broadcasted his unhappiness, Memphis failed to trade Wallace and he was allowed to walk and find a new home. Wallace averaged just 7.1 PPG in 21 MPG in Memphis and only able to get 0.7 SPG. He hasn't had numbers that low since he was playing for the Kings in his first three years in this league. G-Force was definitely uncomfortable while in Memphis, but it didn't hurt his value as both he and Eric Gordon are looking to nab big contracts this year.

The Suns want to be the team to supply both players with the contracts too.
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 am

Unite the morris twins!! :D
Solaris Phase Two

You Plannin' on leaving?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Day three of the free agency process, not one player has picked a destination to sign yet but we're pushing hard at both Gerald Wallace, Eric Gordon, and Jeremy Evans as well. I want Gordon and Evans to be the futures of this team. Jermaine, along with Gerald if we sign him, will be able to show the ropes to these young bloods out there. Evans is still raw, but with O'Neal working day in and out on his post, I want Jeremy to learn the basics from him before O'Neal retires. Gordon pretty much has the basis of this league down anyway. He didn't want to play in New Orleans, he left, it's just that simple.

Now it is a bit strange to me that though no trades are allowed at the moment, one offer has peaked my interest. Houston is calling again, this time it's about Marcus Morris. They want to exchange him for only a second round pick. I like it, but seeing as we have his brother, and a few other combo forwards it isn't a sure thing that he'd be of much use if we sign Wallace. I was still discussing the matter with A.I. when Jared Dudely burst the door open, making me spill my coffee in my white chair.

Huey Newton: Now I'm gonna have to buy a whole new chair, what do you want Jared?

Jared Dudely: What's this about you going after Wallace and Markieff's brother?

Allen Iverson: Yo chill man, we were just discussing that, Houston called us about Marcus,we didn't call them.

All Jared did was stare at Iverson, whatever he said seemed to make him even more angry.

Dudely: Are you guys seriously talking about this?! I refuse to battle one more person for play time!

Newton: Like Iverson said, we didn't call Houston, we were just discussing how unique it would be to have twin brothers playing on the same team again.

Dudely: Nah, I don't believe you. You're known already for pulling triggers when it comes to any type of trade, how am I so sure I'm protected?

Newton: Wait whoa, nobody said you were protec-

Dudely: Then what am I still doing here? Send me to Texas with whatever crap you plan on taking there. I'm already done with you and this team.

Newton: So you're plannin' on leaving? We weren't even seriously in discussions about this trade.

Dudely: Yes I'm serious, get me out of here or I WILL become a distraction!

Dudely stormed out and you can see the fumes following him as he exited. What the hell was that all about? I wasn't really going to go after Marcus, but as it seems now, my hand is pretty much forced to pull the lever. Either keep a distraction, or gain yet another prospect. I guess I wasn't paying much attention until Iverson waved in my face a few times.

Iverson: Aye, you're sitting in your coffee. Haha!

New suit and new chair, add those things I need to fix to my list.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Dmastawwe wrote:Unite the morris twins!! :D

^^^^^^^^
What do you say about that?

Rosque wrote:Nice pickup at 34th pick with Moultrie. Petrović...get ready for Croatian Sniper Huey :D

Yup, I talked myself out of drafting Chris Smith no matter how much I thought we needed another guard. We're quite depressing on the frontcourt side of the ball and Moultrie was still available so I thought, "Why not?" He's pretty decently rated too, nice pick by me to grab early in the second round. It's also a good thing I grabbed Petrovic, I'm not very sure how well Dragic can hit from three and with him I have Petrovic, Redd, and Dudely(For now) as my deep threats. Hopefully when he plays, Morris will also be a much needed floor stretcher.
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood