From Bobcats To Hero - Lock this please. Thanks. :(

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: From Bobcats To Hero - [7-4] - 5 games update

Postby Rosque on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 am

PPG

RPG

APG

SPG

BPG

FG %

3PT %

FT %

Bobcats Awards

Michael Kid-Gilchrist Stats

Anthony Davis Stats

November Games

Rosque

Re: From Bobcats To Hero - [7-8] - Short November Recap

Postby Rosque on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 am

phpBB [video]

Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:40 am

Are the Raptors and Magic really that high in the East right now? I mean really?

Also, MJ showing Biyombo some shimmy moves wouldn't be the worst idea ever
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 am

SuperHueyNewton, I was surprised as well.. I mean I'm .467 and I am third worst team in my conference. Even if I end up with .500 record.. I'm not getting to the playoffs... Also surprised with low assists.

Yeah. I tried getting to the post with Biyombo and hitting few hook shots and he actually makes them at cca 40% rate.
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:47 am

As I wait for trade deadline since I *khmsimulatedkhm* to all star weekend here is little something by Cat of the Year so far :D

phpBB [video]
Rosque

Re: From Bobcats To Hero - [7-4] - 5 games update

Postby Rosque on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 am

PPG

RPG

APG

SPG

BPG

FG %

3PT %

FT %

All Star Teams Roster

All Star teams were decided today and there were couple of old guys and plenty of 1st time all stars. Even eight of them including Bobcat Kemba Walker, John Wall on East All Star team and James Harden and Danilo Gallinari on West All Star team. Josh Smith, who is rumoured to be signing extension with Hawks this summer, is finally not snubbed and finally an All Star.

ImageImage

MVP

TEAM CHUCK - TEAM SHAQ

Rising Stars Challenge wan intriguing one as Barkley selected first time All Star Kemba as his captain and two rebounding machines under basket in Drummond and Vucevic. Shaq on the other hand selected reigning Rookie of The Year in Kyire Irving and front-runner for 2013 ROTY in Damian Lillard. He also selected double-double machine in Biyombo and another Bobcat, making them have 3 players in Rising Stars Cahllenge, Jeff Taylor. Team Chuck beat Team Shaq 123-106 as Kemba scored 32 points with 5-5 3 pointers. He also claimed MVP of Rising Stars Challenge.

*forgot to take screenshots and now there is no stats for that game.

Dunk Contest

This years dunk contest featured three big men and one Shooting Guard, dunking legend James 'Flight' White. Last years champion Jeremy Evans looked to take this years dunk title to Utah...but he failed. ''Flight'' White did a windmill free throw dunk in final round and claimed a dunk title. He also did a couple more free throw dunks and a dunk that looked like something between 540 and 720. James still has hops even at the age of 30.

3pt Contest

This years 3 point contest featured league leader in points per game Kobe Bryant. Even after 17 years he still has desire to be the best amongst the best. And now he is doing it at the 3 point contest. He is going against another potent scorer in Carmelo Anthony. Danilo Gallinari and Danny Granger are dark horses to win this contest. But real favorites are Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson.

Norris Cole, Ramon Sessions unhappy, want trades

ImageImage

Blockbuster trade, J-Smoove to Nets

Nets have acquired another all star in Josh Smith while giving up Kris Humphries, who was wumoured to be trade to Bobcats, Marshon Brooks and '13 1st round pick. This is good trade for Hawks as they get rid of soon-to-be-overpaid player (J. Smith is great player, but not worthy of salray that LeBron has) and acquired double-double machine in ex Mr. Kardashian, who was buried in rotation as Teletović, Evans and Blatche got minutes at PF. They also got 15-20 place 1st round pick. And biggest positive in this trade is that they acquired Marshon Brooks, shooting guard. Player that resembles mid-20s Kobe Bean Bryant in many ways. Well, on a lesser level.

Nets grade: A-

Hawks trade: B

Sessions to Heat, Cole and Miller to Bobcats

Bobcats, actually Phil Jackson is getting rid of every player that isn't satisfied with organisation (well, who'd want to play for Charlotte Bobcats?). They acquired young point guard with low salary in Norris Cole and sharpshooting guard/forward with bad back Mike Miller. Heat get player that can run the point with starters on the bench, is good penetrator and can hit outside shot.

Bobcats grade: A-

Heat grade: A-
Rosque

Re: From Bobcats To Hero - [16-36] - All Star, J-Smoove to B

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 am

Hmph hmph, Kemba playing in the All-Star game, I wish. I would be surprised if it were Gordon, not Sessions who would be traded, but I guess the trade is for the better, got Mike Miller though.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:38 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Hmph hmph, Kemba playing in the All-Star game, I wish. I would be surprised if it were Gordon, not Sessions who would be traded, but I guess the trade is for the better, got Mike Miller though.

He played like 6 minutes. But still. One of my goals is completed :D Gordon was traded before Season Opener for Marquis Daniels and Beno Udrih. Next year I want Bismack The Great and Kemba in All Star game. :P
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 am

I don't even know how I missed the Gordon trade, but okay lol
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:I don't even know how I missed the Gordon trade, but okay lol

With all the trades Phil Jackson is making.. Not surprised
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 am

Michael Jordan Beat Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 1-on-1, Freak out Accordingly

If you weren't yet satisfied with the constant coverage of Michael Jordan as we await his 50th birthday on Sunday, there is now a story floating around that the GOAT actually beat Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist one-on-one.

The legend continues to build on that already lavish legacy of his.

CSN Houston (h/t NBC Sports) caught up with the 19-year-old, who is averaging a shade over nine points a game in his first season.

Fortunately, the interview delivered yet another Jordan anecdote to add to the ever-growing pile.

“He did play me 1-on-1 one time,” Kidd-Gilchrist said on Friday morning before playing on Team Shaq in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night. “And it was hard for me … I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. That’s my boss, though. He’s the best player to play the game.”

Of course, the mind races with an almost mind-numbing amount of questions. How did he beat the kid? What was the score? Did you spot the near-50-year-old icon some points?

Why is there no video?!?! Well... There was, but it got removed.

Kidd-Gilchrist does have one answer to give us; he didn't let the old man win.

"Yeah. Of course," he said when asked if he thought he was going to beat Jordan. "I don’t think I’m gonna lose. I mean, he is 50."

Did Kidd-Gilchrist even really lose, though. Or did he let his boss beat him?

“No,” he said emphatically. “No. I didn’t allow him to beat me. Because that’s my boss? Nah.”

Like memories of Jordan's dominance in the NBA, one other thing that will never die is the thought he might return to the league.

It's such an obvious thought, but the young NBA player was asked that very thing and answered with an intriguing, "That wouldn’t shock me at all. He still has it. He does."

There is your log for an already roaring fire. While I will remind you Jordan beat a younger player one-on-one, it is merely a Bobcats player. People all over the league do the same thing nightly.

In all seriousness, it doesn't seem like Jordan has the inclination nor the stamina to come back for a full season.

Still, that will not stop fans from debating the merits of a possible comeback. You may now freak out accordingly.

*yes this is from B/R. Thought it' be cool to implement it to my story.
Rosque

Postby Rosque on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 am

To MOD! Please lock this. I put some wacky draft class that has multiple 90+ players, 15 80+ players and such idiotism. Don't feel like fixing this because I don't follow NCAA. Thanks.
Rosque

Re: From Bobcats To Hero - Lock this please. Thanks. :(

Postby Leftos on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 am

You could fix it by editing all the players of the draft class in your Association file with Roster Editor and multiplying all their ratings by something like 0.85 to make them more realistic (a 90 OVR player should become something along the lines of a 77 OVR player). If you decide to do that and want your thread unlocked, PM a mod.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood