NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 am

Vince Carter 15 seasons, Larry Bird 13 seasons.
Dirk 15 seasons, Wilt 14 seasons. lol FTs made, yeah Wilt was a great FT shooter.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 am

Still, good company to be in. I imagine Bill Simmons is feeling a little sick about Vince Carter's milestone though, I remember him groaning about the prospect a couple of weeks ago during a halftime show.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 pm

First on Heat vs. Thunder tonight. LeBron gave up his 30 pts on 60% streak pretty much with his unnecessary last attempt from long distance. Though it was selflessly a right play(kill shot clock), could have been nice for him to keep the streak going. Overall, tonight's game was excellent for the Heat. Dominated nearly through all quarters except for last 7-8 minutes in a statement game. Going to be interesting if these two meet in the Finals again. Durant by now should have figured out he shouldn't be fooled by Bron's buddy-buddy tactic on him.

Second, Clippers vs. Lakers. It's frustrating to see how little open looks/path the Lakers get. Meanwhile, the Clippers get pretty good looks consistently for different players. Teams from same location but opposite basketball styles. Example of hero ball vs team ball. Only a half-time for now but I don't think the Lakers can come back in this one. The Clippers look poised, eagerly wanting to take this one to make a statement.

Lastly, does NOT taking last second shot(to protect shooting percentage) bother anyone else? Happened 1st and 2nd quarters tonight with Lakers. First it was Kobe then MWP in second. Had more than enough rooms and time to put up the shot but just waited the clock to die, in a catch up game. :shake:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 pm

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Needs more playing time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm

His size and ability to score are his upsides but I think his lack of other games are still troublesome at the moment, especially his TO-prone and lack of passing game. Perhaps things can be improved with increased minutes and role.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:25 am

Nope. He just realized that he won't get any better or get any playing time until he gets some booty.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 am

LeBron shot that 3pt with the intention of missing kind of like "I don't give a shit about stats" type of thing. Secondly, I never really liked Jordan. But after, picking Kobe over Bron with the simple math 5>1, he just got on my to shit list :D

On that perspective, Wilt & Bill are better than him, aren't they(7,11>6)? :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby benji on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:29 am

Wilt WAS better than him, but he only had two rings, not seven. You're thinking of Robert Horry.
benji

Postby NovU on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 am

Jordon's extremely protective about his legacy, and everyone other than pinoys(lol, don't hate, even my pinoy buddy acknowledged that) knows that LeBron is more threats to him than Kobe. You can't fault Jordan for that(or can, lol). Jordan likes Kobe because Kobe obviously has a Jordan complex. Kobe can pull a lot of Jordan imitation moves. That's where similarity ends and Jordan himsel well realizes that.

SoF'nAwesome wrote:LeBron shot that 3pt with the intention of missing kind of like "I don't give a shit about stats" type of thing.

look on his face: the fuck have I done.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

@benji, ya mistake.

Legends shouldn't be saying stuff like that but they are which is sad. Last week, Magic said 1 on 1, Jordan would beat James 10 times on 10. Who is he to tell that and what possible logic could he give to upkeep that debate that I will never understand.

Anyway, looking forward to the Jordan interview this weekend. Pretty sure he is gonna say something negative towards LeBron :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby stereoxide on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am

I don't know why many LeBron nut-huggers complained when Jordan said Kobe has a greater career than LeBron. Well of course Kobe has a greater career as of now he has accomplished more than LeBron has now. We can really compare their careers once they both retire but as of now Kobe has a greater career. But we can say LeBron is a better player now. Legends can talk all they want because they have the license to do so and it is up to the fans whether they will act to it violently.
stereoxide

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 pm

If nothing else, they're entitled to their opinions the same as we all are.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Kobe's like a bad religion. Details and logics are forbidden. Ask questions and you're hatin.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm

NovU wrote:Kobe's like a bad religion. Details and logics are forbidden. Ask questions and you're hatin.

Bandwagoners' logic.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby benji on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 pm

stereoxide wrote:I don't know why many LeBron nut-huggers complained when Jordan said Kobe has a greater career than LeBron. Well of course Kobe has a greater career as of now he has accomplished more than LeBron has now. We can really compare their careers once they both retire but as of now Kobe has a greater career. But we can say LeBron is a better player now. Legends can talk all they want because they have the license to do so and it is up to the fans whether they will act to it violently.

The real thing to wonder is why Kobe is in any of these conversations. Clyde Drexler isn't. Dwayne Wade isn't. Hell, even Jerry West isn't. Why would anyone even bring up Kobe?

If LeBron had the best big man in the league on his team for eight of his first ten years he'd probably have at least three rings and four Finals trips too.

We have to wait and see if LeBron teams up with the equivalent for another two rings and three trips when he hits 30.
benji

Postby Kenny on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am

NovU wrote:Kobe's like a bad religion. Details and logics are forbidden. Ask questions and you're hatin.

I'm so glad you put "a" in there :P
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby daninoz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm

If the NBA is the NATIONAL basketball association, why they call 'World Champion' to those that win the Finals?
daninoz

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm

I believe we've covered that one before in the random question thread, being one of those things that comes up from time to time. It's basically the approach of all American pro sports leagues with the common and simplest interpretation being that as the league in question (in this case the NBA) presents itself as being the best in the world and the highest level of competition in the sport, its champion is by extension the best in the world and thus the world champion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm

And the McDonald's Championship bears that out, although things have changed a fair bit since that ceased.

I far prefer the FSWisconsin commentator's explanation: it was named that way before Europe was invented.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

No one should be comparing anything till Bron has played 17 seasons. Then they are on the same page. But it also speaks for LeBron's achievement that he is now being considered better than a player who has played for a lot more time than he has.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby bowdown on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 am

Are we seriously overlooking that Lebron wasted first 7 years of his career with the likes of Mo Williams, Big Z, Varejao, Antwan jamison, Old ass Shaq?

These guys played with him in different seasons. How does any one of them compare to freaking Scottie Pippen and Rodman?
There was very little that Lebron couldve done more with his time in Cleveland.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am

I don't think anyone's overlooking that, though if the comparison is LeBron and Kobe, I'm not sure what Pippen and Rodman have to do with anything. Of course, it's worth noting that the Cavaliers did make the NBA Finals in 2007 and had the best regular season record in 2009 and 2010. The fact they had some great years certainly speaks to LeBron's abilities and you can forgive the 2007 Finals because the Cavs were really over matched by the Spurs, though LeBron's performance was still a little pedestrian after what he did against the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. Similarly, I'd say he definitely could've done more in the 2010 Playoffs against the Celtics because he really phoned it in with a bewildering disappearing act (or perhaps not, if his intention was always to go to Miami). Then there was the 2011 Finals, which he has admittedly since atoned for with his dominance last year and continued strong play this year.

There are some factors that probably don't get enough attention or consideration when rating and ranking LeBron, who has been a great player since he entered the league and at this point has established himself as one of the best we've seen, but having said that not all of the criticism is unwarranted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Andrew, well said. Anybody can be criticized but at the moment, you can't compare anyone with LeBron and then criticize him.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Well, you can certainly still compare and critique, but you need to take all factors into account and be fair about it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball