“Our Storm Is Coming” • Vol. 1: GENESIS // November [8-7]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 am

phpBB [video]
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

“Our Storm Is Coming” • // Association Settings

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 am

| :: Season Length82 Games
    | :: Team ChemistryOn
    | :: Player RolesOff
    | :: Progressive FatigueOn
    | :: Trade DeadlineOn
    | :: Trade OverrideOff
    | :: Allow CPU TradesOff
    | :: Preseason GamesOff
    | :: InjuriesOn
    | :: Fantasy DraftNone
    | :: Substitution MethodRotation
    | :: Playoffs7-7-7-7
    | :: Quarter Length12 Minutes
    | :: Edit ProspectsOn :cheeky:

| :: RostersSkoadam's
    | :: GlobalKyrius
    | :: CourtsSixers85's
    | :: Draft Classesegodynasty08's
    | :: Game SlidersEccentricMeat's (@ Operation Sports)

| :: Last Season22-44
    | :: Average Age25
    | :: Team Salary57.92M
    | :: Cap Room127K

| :: Overall Ranking27th
    | :: Offense Ranking21st
    | :: Defense Ranking28th

| :: First Scoring OptionDeMarcus Cousins
    | :: Second Scoring OptionTyreke Evans
    | :: Third Scoring OptionMarcus Thornton

| :: Shot SelectionExtra Passes
    | :: Offensive FocusMid Range
    | :: Offensive ReboundingBalanced

| :: Defensive PressureNormal
    | :: Defensive StyleMore Man
    | :: Defensive ReboundingBox Out

| :: Lineup ManagementOff
    | :: Simulation StrategyOn
    | :: Prospect ScoutingOn
    | :: Player TradingOff

| :: Staff ContractsOff
    | :: Player ContractsOff
    | :: Pre-Draft WorkoutsOn
    | :: NBA DraftOff
    | :: Training CampsOff
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: “Our Storm Is Coming” • Sacramento Kings.

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 am

RESERVED

kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 am

RESERVED

kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 am

RESERVED

kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 am

RESERVED

(go ahead) :headbang:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Larvae on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Hope this would go all the way now. :D
Great video btw. (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby buzzy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 am

Key to winning with the Kings is learning how to get the most out of Cousins.
You'll love the fastbreaks with Tyreke. Good luck man.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:07 am

Good luck, Thierry. The Kings definitely have pieces you can work with; I'd like to see what you can get out of Isaiah Thomas.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Valor on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:49 pm

You gonna get the Kings to stay in Sac-town hopefully? :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

“Our Storm Is Coming” • Vol. 1: GENESIS // Kings HQs

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

nba.com/kings/headquarters | October 28th, 2012

SACRAMENTO // The Sacramento Kings are under new management that includes an European dose. French business tycoon Thierry Tirieux and the rest of his ownership group completed the deal to buy the Kings from the Maloof brothers and wasted little time making a splash on their first day in the reigns. Geoff Petrie is out as team president as Tirieux will assume day-to-day control in running the franchise. The Maloof family has been trying to sell the team since 2011. “When you have somebody like Thierry, I think it makes it a ton easier because you have stability and you have a foundation,” said San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker, a long-time friend of Tirieux. “It can only be good for the city of Sacramento.”

“That was definitely a question mark this past summer, not knowing if the team was going to stay,” said Kings swingman Marcus Thornton. “The Kings are a team I've been with the last two years and have grown accustomed to, and with the owner now, that definitely will help at long-term.” Keith Smart will remain the coach for the time being. “After heavy deliberation, we have decided to sell our control of the organization to Mr. Tirieux's group,” said Joe Maloof. “It was a bittersweet business decision made on behalf of my family and myself.” Tirieux becomes the second team owner from overseas after Mikhail Prokhorov, the Russian owner of the Brooklyn Nets.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: “Our Storm Is Coming” • Vol. 1: GENESIS //

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Larvae wrote:Hope this would go all the way now. :D
Great video btw. (Y)

Thanks man. Also liked the video a lot.

buzzy wrote:Key to winning with the Kings is learning how to get the most out of Cousins.
You'll love the fastbreaks with Tyreke. Good luck man.

Great to see you back, buzzy! Cousins is my main weapon, I'd say he's untradeable. We'll see about Tyreke...

Axel. wrote:Good luck, Thierry. The Kings definitely have pieces you can work with; I'd like to see what you can get out of Isaiah Thomas.

Thanks Axel... Big plans for this team if all pans out. I'd say Isaiah is my starting point guard right now. Battling with Brooks.

Valor wrote:You gonna get the Kings to stay in Sac-town hopefully? :wink:

Of course :wink:

Ok, last touches on this before it kicks off. Planning monthly recaps for the first season. Question -- still having issues finding Tyreke's position. PG, SG or SF? Which gave you better results when playing (as or against) the Kings?
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Larvae on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I'd play Tyreke as a 3 if youre gonna be going for a small lineup with Marcus Thornton at the 2.
But i prefer playing him as a 2 and Thornton coming off the bench. (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Surprised you picked the Kings with the team looking at moving !

Goodluck anyway mate.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 am

SG for Tyreke if you start Thomas, if not, then PG, don't see him at SF, guarding LeBron, Durant and Melo.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:59 am

Good luck, man. Thought you might move them to Seattle via patching. But anyway, try to make the best out of their talent.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

“Our Storm Is Coming” • // Thierry's Morning Coffee

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 am

nba.com/kings/morningcoffee | October 30th, 2012

SACRAMENTO // Sacramento fans! Welcome to the first installment of my new blog, here in Kings.com. I'm Thierry Tirieux and, as you may have read in the news, I'm the new owner of the team along with my ownership group. I'll let you know, the organization won't move anywhere -- so let's get that out of the question. To make things interesting, the season is fast approaching, so I thought it would be nice to give you my vision on how this unit will pan out this term. Conversation starter: I've seen a recurring trend amongst the "bad" teams -- unfortunately, that includes us. They -- we -- tend to have a lot of interesting pieces, but it's tough to tell how they will play together. We are a team full of professionals who tend to shoot a lot, but I think that overlooks the team as a whole. We may be flawed, yes, and we could easily be in for another season of frustrations.

Tyreke Evans is, at his worst, pretty good. But we all know that he's capable of a lot more, and that makes him incredibly head-scratching. Around him there's also the question of his short-term future. With his expiring contract, will we give him an extension? Will he test his value in (restricted) free agency? Will he be traded? A trade, and what he could bring in exchange, would dramatically change our year. He is the first of many wild cards that we have on the roster. On the other hand, DeMarcus Cousins will continue to grow and improve. He's entering the season in the best shape of his career. We hope he can improve his shooting percentage and foul rate, but with someone as mercurial as him, we don't know. Coach Keith Smart seems to have built a good relationship with him, but how will DeMarcus react if the season starts off poorly?

I know everybody is tired of losing. If improvement doesn't come, I worry about how those frustrations will boil. Add the positional battles to that; Keith has yet to announce our starting five. Where will Tyreke play? Who will be the small forward? Will Marcus Thornton or Tyreke make the shift to the sixth man role? Is James Johnson the answer at small forward? Will Isaiah Thomas hold the starting point guard position all season, or will Aaron Brooks, coming from a season in China, or even Jimmer Fredette, a former National Player of the Year, challenge and usurp him? How long can Jason Thompson hold off Thomas Robinson for the starting power forward slot? Keith has shown an affinity for juggling line-ups and trying different fives -- and he should. Until this team clicks and improves, there's no reason he shouldn't be taking the safe approach and trying new combinations.

Obviously, we'd all love to see this team challenge for a playoff berth, but I don't think that's a realistic goal this season. It's not off reach, but it would mean a lot of things clicking into place together and early in the season. I, you, just want things to click at some point. I want to watch this team and feel like the Kings know what they're doing out there -- that's what this team has lacked for years. Sure, this team has not made a marquee free agent signing or acquisition in a trade -- hopefully, they will come rather sooner than later -- but we are as deep as it's been in years.

Record Prediction: 33-49

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: “Our Storm Is Coming” • Vol. 1: GENESIS // Morning Coffe

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 am

Larvae wrote:I'd play Tyreke as a 3 if youre gonna be going for a small lineup with Marcus Thornton at the 2.
But i prefer playing him as a 2 and Thornton coming off the bench. (Y)

That was my plan: Ty as 2 and Thornton as a reserve. But that leaves me with James Johnson starting. :|

mp3 wrote:Surprised you picked the Kings with the team looking at moving !

Goodluck anyway mate.

This story is the "what if...? they didn't move" :wink:

Martti. wrote:SG for Tyreke if you start Thomas, if not, then PG, don't see him at SF, guarding LeBron, Durant and Melo.

Yeah, or viceversa. That would be tough. Right now Isaiah is starting, Brooks his backup. Gotta find time for Jimmer.

hova- wrote:Good luck, man. Thought you might move them to Seattle via patching. But anyway, try to make the best out of their talent.

Thanks Hov. I didn't want to steal your idea. :P

You might see a resemblance to my Spurs association. I guess that's a good thing. :)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:42 am

I'm excited to see what you can do with the Kings too. Good luck man
SuperHueyNewton

Postby The X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 am

I hope you make Jimmer a 6th man :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Khanwarrior on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Exited about this! I love Tyreke and if yo develop his mid and long range game, this kid could easily put up +20 points per game. I personally prefer him starting at pg because he plays better when he has the ball in his hands, and his assists numbers go up too, although averaging 5.5 assists is nor really good for a pg :?
You should have lineup of Isiah/Tyreke/Johnson?/Robinson/Cousins, and give Thoroton around +25 min, hes the only player who can do a bit of everything, including shooting. Anyways good luck man ! :D
Khanwarrior

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:I'm excited to see what you can do with the Kings too. Good luck man

Thanks man. I will have to check your association more regularly :)

The X wrote:I hope you make Jimmer a 6th man :P

Brooks has a player option which I hope he doesn't use (or I will trade him away)... so Jimmer will take the reigns with Isaiah as soon as next season.

Khanwarrior wrote:Exited about this! I love Tyreke and if yo develop his mid and long range game, this kid could easily put up +20 points per game. I personally prefer him starting at pg because he plays better when he has the ball in his hands, and his assists numbers go up too, although averaging 5.5 assists is nor really good for a pg :?
You should have lineup of Isiah/Tyreke/Johnson?/Robinson/Cousins, and give Thoroton around +25 min, hes the only player who can do a bit of everything, including shooting. Anyways good luck man ! :D

Thanks a lot man! One of my goal is averaging 15-5-5 with Tyreke for the season, like he did in his rookie year. And yes, that's my starting lineup right now, but with Thompson over Robinson, who will be my seventh man; Thornton is the sixth. Johnson is the only weak spot... his days are numbered :P

Updated the association settings with some links! (EDIT: November coming soon... some long days in my job, less free time!)
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Robinson is great with the pick n' roll game, he could also hit those 15 footers.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 am

2012, November 2 @ Minnesota Timberwolves: The first win of the season was a breeze for Sacramento. DeMarcus Cousins dominated with 29 points and 14 rebounds as the Kings defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves on the road, 112-95 on Friday night. “He's just so much quicker than most big guys,” said Tyreke Evans said. “It's just so hard to run with him. You very rarely see big players that fast. I'm just glad ot have him with us.” Evans had 19 points and seven rebounds in three periods for the Kings, which used a 31-16 first quarter to be in the driver's seat for the entire contest; even leading by 32 in the third quarter. Marcus Thornton added 17 points and Isaiah Thomas had 14 and eight assists. Kevin Love led Minnesota with 25 points and 15 boards, while Ricky Rubio had 14, five and five dimes. “They are playing great basketball and have a lot of confidence for such a young unit,” said Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman. “DeMarcus is just the head of the snake.” (Read More ... )

Image Marcus ThorntonBruised Hip (day-to-day) ♦ activated Travis Outlaw Image

2012, November 5 vs. Golden State Warriors: Given the chance to stay on the court with the game on the line, Kings reserve Travis Outlaw turned a broken play into a game-winner. Tyreke Evans drove the lane after the Golden State Warriors forced DeMarcus Cousins to pass the ball back out to the backcourt, then found Outlaw for an open jumper and the victory. “It was one of those plays where you make the shot and then you're like, 'What just happened?'” said Outlaw, who made the most out of his opportunity -- given the injury of Marcus Thornton -- with nine points in just 12 minutes; and that was Evans' only assist of the night. Tyreke led the Kings with 23 points while Cousins added 22 and nine rebounds. “It hurts to play as well as we did and not come away with the W,” said Stephen Curry, who led the Warriors with 26 points. “When we start learning how to win these games, it's going to be completely different.” David Lee notched in 24 for Golden State, while Jimmer Fredette and rookie Thomas Robinson contributed with eight points apiece for Sacramento. (Read More ... )

2012, November 7 vs. Detroit Pistons: When Kings big men DeMarcus Cousins and Jason Thompson lined up for the opening tip against Detroit, anybody could have predicted what happened next. It was a party in the paint for Sacramento, who just had way too much power and size for the Pistons in a 89-79 victory. Cousins had 24 points and eight rebounds while Thompson had seven and 10, but the real standout was Tyreke Evans with his near triple-double, of 20 points, seven boards and eight assists. “We took our advantages,” said coach Keith Smart. “For the most part, we had the right game plan and the right fundamentals. It was a great win for us.” Greg Monroe, recovering from a twisted ankle, and Jason Maxiell, at just 6'7'', were the true victims today. Monroe only had nine points for Detroit, led by Corey Maggette's 21 points and rookie Kyle Singler's 15. “We were trying to make it tough for them early, but they used their length and were able to get a lot of looks inside,” said Jose Calderon, who had six points and six assists. (Read More ... )

Image Marcus Thornton ♦ RECOVERED ♦ Francisco Garcia to the inactive list Image

2012, November 13 vs. Portland Trail Blazers: DeMarcus Cousins' arms never stopped moving. He was either making shots, assisting his teammates or grabbing every rebound that came within his fingers. And when the final whistle blew, he was pumping his fists. Cousins scored 29 points and grabbed ten rebounds to lead the Sacramento Kings to a 101-82 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night. He also had two assists and three steals. “You can see he's getting more mature and pushing for an All-Star spot,” said Kings coach Keith Smart. “Hopefully he can just keep producing like this.” Tyreke Evans and Isaiah Thomas added 16 points apiece, and eight and seven dimes, respectively, for the Kings, who raced to an early lead by making eight of their first ten shots, and lead 30-17 at the start of the second period. Sacramento dominated inside, outscoring the Blazers 50-34 and having six players in double figures. “I'm in a great mood, having a good time,” said Cousins. Damian Lillard had 21 points and ten assists to lead Portland, and LaMarcus Aldridge had 16 points. Wesley Matthews was the only other Blazer to score over ten points, with 15. “We didn't shoot well,” said Aldridge. “We could never really put up a fight to get back.” (Read More ... )

SACRAMENTO // In some ways, last night's game against Portland seemed like the vintage days of great for the Kings, the days of Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac and company. With swingman Marcus Thornton back from injury, a Kings team that had ranked in the bottom half of the league in most categories last year was flying around the hardwood, slinging the ball from the post to the perimeter en route to a 101-82 victory over the Trail Blazers. An important difference, however, between this year's edition and the team's descendants is the improved defense of almost the entire unit. Add that to the team's trio of scorers (DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans and Thornton) and their premier distributor (Isaiah Thomas) -- Thornton and Evans' versatility enables Sacramento to match up with almost any team in the league down the stretch.

But the biggest difference so far this season is coach Keith Smart's decision to make the kind of defensive commitment that gets teams in the playoffs -- and the best thing is the players seem enthusiastic about embracing it. What's the reward? Three wins in their last five contests, including victories over Golden State and Detroit; they now rank eighth in the league in points allowed per game and fourth in turnovers per game, showing the team's mindset. “Will it continue? I believe it will. It's still very early to tell, but it would be great to see the Kings back in the postseason,” said Webber in NBA TV. “It's time to make the most of all the talent we have.” Said Smart: “We made defense more of an emphasis from training camp going forward, and we have players who play excellent defense,” mentioning Evans, Thomas and Cousins.

The appearances of Travis Outlaw, when Thornton went down with his injury, and Chuck Hayes also played a big role. “When we defend well, everybody gets involved offensively because we're getting good in transition,” said Outlaw, who earned himself a spot in the rotation. Then we have Aaron Brooks and Francisco Garcia, who are facing player and team options, respectively, for next season. Such is the dexterity on this team that we haven't even talked in depth about Cousins or Evans, undoubtedly the team's best players. But for all their skills, both will have to demonstrate the will and the stamina to continue buying into this new game plan... specially Cousins. “We have assembled a really special group here,” said Smart. “I like the moves we made. We are in the West and we need to keep improving. It's a new spirit.”

2012, November 18 vs. Brooklyn Nets: The Brooklyn Nets never showed up in Sacramento and Tyreke Evans took care of that. Evans scored 30 points Marcus Thornton had 21 and the Kings are back on winning ways with a 107-96 victory over the Nets. “It might be mismatches,” said Thornton, “but we have a dominant post presence. We make life tough for a lot of teams, not just Brooklyn.” Indeed, Sacramento limited the Nets to 42 percent shooting and doubled them in the paint, 62-30. “Tonight was something we could build on,” said DeMarcus Cousins, who added 14 points, 11 rebounds and six assists. “It was one of those games where we can look back on it and say this is the blueprint.” Joe Johnson and Deron Williams led Brooklyn with 18 and 17 points, respectively. “We just got outplayed,” said Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo. “I don't think we were astute. You have games in the NBA season when you don't look sharp at all.” Isaiah Thomas contributed with 14 points, five boards and six dimes for the Kings. (Read More ... )

Image John SalmonsSore Wrist (day-to-day) ♦ activated Tyler Honeycutt Image

2012, November 21 vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Obviously there's still a lot of season left, but the Sacramento Kings are proving they're a good team: after an 11-point win over Brooklyn a couple of days ago, the Kings sent a message to the league with a 92-69 thumping of the Los Angeles Lakers. DeMarcus Cousins led six Kings in double figures with 26 points and nine rebounds, while Jason Thompson and Tyreke Evans had 16 points apiece. “The good teams get on winning streaks,” said Thompson, who had his second double-double of the season. Despite a 50-50 tie in rebounds, the Lakers had 17 turnovers and were limited to 33 percent shooting by the Kings, who led by 31 in the third period. “I can't judge them,” said Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni. “We couldn't have beaten the Washington Generals tonight.” Kobe Bryant scored 22 points and Steve Nash had 18, as the only two Lakers over 10 points. Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol combined for 15. (Read More ... )

Image John Salmons ♦ RECOVERED ♦ Tyler Honeycutt to the inactive list Image

2012, November 23 @ Utah Jazz: Fast break points: the bread and butter of the Utah Jazz this season. Despite running all over the Kings defense in transition, they were called for fouls way too often and Sacramento's charity stripe recurrence proved deadly. WIth 34 points by Tyreke Evans and 16 points each from Marcus Thornton and DeMarcus Cousins, the team escaped Utah with a 103-89 victory. Cousins added seven rebounds and seven assists; Jason Thompson went scoreless, but the Kings were boosted by 12 points and nine assists from Isaiah Thomas. “That's what we need when someone isn't playing well, for other people to step up,” said Evans. Al Jefferson led Utah with 16 points while Paul Millsap posted 14; Maurice Williams and Derrick Favors had 10 each. “We had a hard time,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “We couldn't keep them out of the paint. I guess I don't share the refs' point of view.” (Read More ... )

2012, November 30 vs. Indiana Pacers: “That's what we need when someone isn't playing well, for other people to step up,” was the phrase that Tyreke Evans used for the Kings' win in Utah seven days ago. It could be used to perfection this time too: Evans shot 4-of-12 for only eight points, but the more than welcomed contributions of Thomas Robinson, James Johnson and Jason Thompson gave Sacramento a hard-fought 97-95 victory against Indiana, surviving a late rally by the Pacers. Robinson (five rebounds) and Thompson (14) had eight points each, while Johnson had nine and six boards. “I like to feel the pressure with the ball in my hands,” said Evans, who became the team's primary disher with nine assists. “Down the stretch, I think I made the right plays.” Roy Hibbert led Indiana with 20 points while Danny Granger and Paul George had 16 apiece. “We had our chances but we couldn't capitalize on them,” said Hibbert. “We have to come back and do the little things that are necessary to win.” The Kings are now 8-7, sitting sixth in the West, while Indiana is second in the East with a 11-5 record. (Read More ... )

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: “Our Storm Is Coming” • Vol. 1: GENESIS // November [8-7

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 am

That may be the first write up I read all the way through, really worth the read, but soooo much to read at the same time lol. Nice win over the Lakers, holding Kobe below 25 could not have been easy, and I'm actually surprised to see the Kings winning
SuperHueyNewton

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood