::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 6

Postby Khanwarrior on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am

Smith would bring a lot to your team, but I'm not sure you have enough assets for the trade. You would probably have to trade Knight or Monroe instead of Stuckey, and if you give him like 3 first round picks, I think this would be a win-win for Atlanta and not for you but we will see what happens :)
Khanwarrior

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:58 am

You made josh sound like a douche :shock:
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:46 am

Valor wrote:Good stuff but I don't think you have anything that could get you Josh Smith...not even if you throw the next 3 first rounders in lol

Happy losing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Durant35 wrote:I think ATL's only gonna trade Josh if you put in Greg. Anyways, I'm really pumped up on what's gonna happen next!

Martti. wrote:With the way Drummond plays IRL, Hawks would probably like to get him, though I don't think they'd want Stuckey, they already have Teague, Harris and Lou Williams at the position.

Khanwarrior wrote:Smith would bring a lot to your team, but I'm not sure you have enough assets for the trade. You would probably have to trade Knight or Monroe instead of Stuckey, and if you give him like 3 first round picks, I think this would be a win-win for Atlanta and not for you but we will see what happens :)

Yes - more to come. The Pistons are scrambling to put an acceptable proposal forward. Stay tuned. ;)

hova- wrote:Smith would be a decent addition, but somehow I doubt you can get him without giving away too much. At least to make it realistic you cannot screw them with Maggettes contract and a first rounder - wouldn't work.

Joe and Bobby have already decided to let Maggette ride out his contract. The plan is to have cap space to sign another player to play alongside Knight, Oden and potentially Smith. We will see how we go with all of this.

Dmastawwe wrote:You made josh sound like a douche :shock:

It's a staple of Sit stories right? :lol: (Always got to be one douche. Durant anyone?)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

Yeah will be interesting to see what the Pistons can put forward. Don't want to have to gut your team too much, but perhaps just providing Atlanta with future flexibility, draft picks and some young talent could get it done? It doesn't have to be a talent for talent trade IMO
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Bro, you do have a talent for making people sound arrogant :lol: Smith would be a great addition. If you can get the Hawks to accept Stuckey, superb.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Sources: Hawks and Pistons Discussing Smith Trade
14 February 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Image Image

League sources have indicated that the Detroit Pistons are offering the Atlanta Hawks a trade package including Rodney Stuckey, Andre Drummond and two future first round draft picks in exchange for recently named NBA All-Star Josh Smith.

Smith becomes a free agent at the end of this season and has indicated that he would like to test free agency in the upcoming summer. The Hawks have stated that they are interested in a deal if the right one comes along. Atlanta has already declined an offer from the LA Lakers to trade Smith for Pau Gasol.

The Pistons might be in with a shot at Smith if they are willing to part with promising rookie Andre Drummond. Drummond has not played much this season but many league execs are in agreement that he could develop into an All-Star in a few years.

Pistons Deny Trade Rumours Involving Stuckey
14 February 2013

Rodney Stuckey has been reassured by the Pistons Front Office that he is not being shopped around on the trade front. However, sources indicate that Pistons center Greg Monroe has not been given the same assurance while promising rookie Andre Drummond has also been thrown around in trade talks as the Pistons have suddenly ramped up efforts to acquire the services of a lead player for their franchise.

Stuckey has found an equilibrium at which he can play alongside quickly improving combo guard Brandon Knight and the Pistons have been performing well throughout the season with the starting backcourt as their one main consistent strength. Stuckey has transformed his game into an efficient one as he has learnt to maximise his opportunities to catch and shoot the ball.

“With Brandon (Knight), he is a player who needs the ball in his hands. I don’t mind, I had my time doing that (having the ball in my hands). I’m just looking at the best ways to get points up on the scoreboard quickly for this team,” Stuckey stated.

Stuckey has stuck with the Pistons for his entire career and has repeatedly stated that he wants to stay with the Pistons for life. He stated, “I know my name is being thrown around but I have been reassured that I am not going to be traded.”
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Trade Rumour

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 am

Interesting. If you were to trade Monroe that would allow you to hang on to Drummond. But Monroe is pretty damn nice and is Josh Smith really worth him? Will be interesting to see what happens.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Mark. wrote:Interesting. If you were to trade Monroe that would allow you to hang on to Drummond. But Monroe is pretty damn nice and is Josh Smith really worth him? Will be interesting to see what happens.

Monroe is expendable. We got Oden. ;)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Kyrie Irving Lights Up Rising Stars Challenge Again
Stars v Elites: 117-127
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

Image Image
Image Image
Top left & Bottom Left: Brandon Knight, Top Right: Kyrie Irving, Bottom Right: Bradley Beal

February 15, HOUSTON (AP) – Anthony Davis put a dampener on things once he left the Rising Stars Game in the second quatrter because of a strained MCL but overall, it was another successful and free-scoring affair between two squads comprising of the NBA’s best young talent.

Last year’s Rising Stars MVP and newly selected NBA All-Star Kyrie Irving started the game slow but lit it up in the final quarter to seal the win for his team. Irving didn’t have to work hard in the first half as teammates Kemba Walker (scored 16 of his 20 points in first half) and Brandon Knight (scored 14 of his 20 points in first half) carried the ‘Elites’ and kept them in the game.

It was Irving though who scored 24 second half points including a deadly 8 straight points to break the hearts of the players on the ‘Stars’ and single handily seal the fate of the game as well as back-to-back MVP honours. “Once he dialled in from long range,” Pistons’ sophomore guard Knight gushed afterwards, “You knew that he meant business. He’s on another level when compared to all of us.”

The game wasn’t just won on just Irving’s heroics as the Elites put in a concentrated effort on slowing down Wizards’ rookie Bradley Beal. Beal had scored 28 points in the first three quarters before being held to 2 points in the final frame.

The Stars tried their best to keep the game close as they pulled within 4 points of the Elites late in the fourth quarter. Irving then stepped up and scored 8 straight points including the decisive three point bucket with a minute left in the game and pushing the lead to 7 points. “That’s why he’s an All-Star,” Irving’s Cavs teammate Wizards’ rookie Tristan Thompson said, “It was a bit unfair that he even suited up tonight and played so many minutes.”

Key Performers wrote:
Stars (31 – 35 – 28 – 23 – 117)
Elites (28 – 30 – 39 –30 – 127)

Stars

G Kyrie Irving: 33 pts, 13 ast, 3 stl, 12-30 FG, 9-21 3PT
G Brandon Knight: 20 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 9-13 FG, 2-2 3PT
G Kemba Walker: 20 pts, 5 ast, 5-14 FG, 4-5 3PT
F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: 15 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 6-10 FG, 0-2 3PT
F Tristan Thompson: 11 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast, 5-8 FG
G Jeremy Lamb: 10 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast, 4-5 FG, 1-2 3PT
F Kenneth Faried: 7 pts, 3 reb, 3-5 FG
C Tyler Zeller: 7 pts, 3 reb, 3-4 FG
C Enes Kanter: 4 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast, 2-4 FG
G Kawhi Leonard: 3 reb

Elites

G Bradley Beal: 30 pts, 4 ast, 2 stl, 14-21 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1-2 FT
F Thomas Robinson: 19 pts, 11 reb, 9-17 FG
F Harrison Barnes: 15 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast, 7-19 FG
G Iman Shumpert: 15 pts, 4 reb, 10 ast, 6 stl, 7-15 FG
F Andrew Nicholson: 12 pts, 6 reb, 5-8 FG
G Austin Rivers: 10 pts, 4 ast, 5-7 FG
G Dion Waiters: 8 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 3-7 FG
C Anthony Davis: 6 pts, 3 reb, 3-6 FG
F Chandler Parsons: 2 pts, 1-3 FG
C Nikola Vucevic: 5 reb, 0-1 FG
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Terrence Williams Headlines All-Star Saturday
16 February 2013

Terrence Williams denied Jeremy Evans a repeat crown as he disposed of him in the final round of the 2013 Slam Dunk Contest. Williams and Evans squared off after Blake Griffin pulled out of the Contest with an undisclosed injury. Blake’s omission caused uproar from fans.

The league recruited Kenneth Faried to take Blake’s place but the Denver Nugget was disappointing as the judges called his dunks ‘too bland’.

Mo Williams and Kevin Martin advanced to a shoot-off for the Three Point Shootout with Williams winning it. Williams, a first time participant, joked afterwards, “I finally won something in the NBA!”

Anthony: I’m As Good As James, Wade
16 February 2013

Carmelo Anthony let fly at critics of his work ethic and desire after the East All-Stars finished practice. The New York Knicks leading scorer and All-Star said that he is sick of people calling him out for being a lazy player and not wanting to win as much as peers including the Miami Heat trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh – all of whom were selected in the same draft as Anthony.

“It’s stupid that everyone says this and that about me,” Anthony dished out, “I work as hard as those guys. I’m as good as them individually. The team stuff will come.”

The Knicks are currently 23-27 while the Heat are 34-16.

Durant Is Best Player Says Mamba
16 February 2013

Image Image

This may be a trick tactic from the Black Mamba.

Kobe Bryant of the LA Lakers called Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder ‘the best player in the world at the moment’.

When asked to say it again, Bryant told reporters, “I was with KD in London all of last Summer. I know how good this kid is. He is the smoothest scorer in the world now. He’s better than LeBron. LeBron knows it.”

Some are sceptical if Bryant really means what he says. It could be payback at LeBron for the Heat star to call out Bryant’s Lakers. After James’ comments a few months ago, Bryant asked if Lebron ‘wanted a cookie’.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm

*Opens thread*

Sit wrote:Monroe is expendable. We got Oden. ;)

:shock:

*Closes thread*

:P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: ASW.... Finally!

Postby Lamrock on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 am

Good to see this back on. Josh Smith would be difficult to acquire as he's overrated in 2K while Drummond is considerably underrated. If Brandon Knight isn't your PG of the future, you might have a decent package to offer.

I have a feeling you might play as the West in the all-star game.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm

The X wrote:*Opens thread*

*Closes thread*

Now THAT is a sound bite if I ever saw one :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Lamrock wrote:Good to see this back on. Josh Smith would be difficult to acquire as he's overrated in 2K while Drummond is considerably underrated. If Brandon Knight isn't your PG of the future, you might have a decent package to offer.

With the way hes playing right now hes not overated.
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Lamrock wrote:Good to see this back on. Josh Smith would be difficult to acquire as he's overrated in 2K while Drummond is considerably underrated. If Brandon Knight isn't your PG of the future, you might have a decent package to offer.

For the first time, I played as the East. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Melo and Durant In Record Scoring Duel
East All-Stars v West All-Stars: 152-132
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

Image Image
Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony had a scoring duel for the ages

February 17, HOUSTON (AP) – There came a point last night when the game’s result was determined and everything about ‘team basketball’ went out the window. And when that point came, Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant went at each other like manic dogs.

No defence.

Just buckets, buckets… and more buckets.

This was the All-Star Game everyone wanted to see. Anthony had been grumpy in the days leading up to the All-Star Game as he took a hammering with critics asking why his new-look Knicks were stuck near down the Eastern Conference standings. Anthony put all of his emotion in this All-Star Game – that’s for sure. “Now it’s just about him doing that for the Knicks,” LeBron James stirred his Team USA teammates from the opposite side of the locker room.

And Durant? Durant was just being Durant for another night. James spoke of his other Team USA teammate, “Kevin Durant is just a silent assassin. Can’t stop that guy. He put up a quiet 60 tonight.” Note to Lebron: Durant didn’t get close to 60 but his 45 points were impressive nonetheless.

Both Anthony and Durant set new marks on this night. They both beat Michael Jordan’s second highest All-Star game single points total in history set in 1988 at 40. They both beat Wilt Chamberlain’s mark of 42 points set in 1962. Durant will be second in the record books with 45. Anthony will be number one with 51. Both players also beat their season-highs in points scored with Durant’s mark being 40 and Anthony’s being 48.

“I told you all that I am as good as everyone here,” Anthony, also Game MVP, was defiant, “It’s time for you all to stop writing me down.”

Anthony and Durant weren’t the only record setters in the game. LA Clippers point guard Chris Paul racked up 18 assists and now places third all-time in highest All-Star game single assists total in history. “To be honest, I wouldn’t have scored that many points without Chris Paul,” Durant sheepishly told reporters afterwards.

The game saw plenty of lead changes before the West seemed to take control in the third quarter being Durant and Kobe Bryant. Then the fourth quarter began with the East putting James, Anthony, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, and Josh Smith out on the floor. Smith led the small-ball line up at centre and the five paid dividends for the East as they led an onslaught of points. First time All-Star Kyrie Irving gave Rose a rest midway through the final period and hit three straight threes to energise the East further. The final few minutes of the game were then dedicated to Anthony who put the finishing touches to the game by racking up a further 10 points to get over 50 and Durant who matched him bucket for bucket to reach his grand total of 45.

The East’s win means that the all-time record is now 37-25 in their favour and they snapped a West All-Stars 2 game winning streak. “It’s always good to beat those guys,” East veteran Wade said, “We had a lot of new guys in the team this year. Luckily they stepped up and we won.”

Key Performers wrote:
East All-Stars (38 – 41 – 27 – 46 – 152)
West All-Stars (32 – 35 – 41 –24 – 132)

Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls: 2 pts, 4 reb, 9 ast, 1-3 FG
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat: 14 pts, 5 ast, 2 stl, 5-7 FG, 4-5 FT
LeBron James, Miami Heat: 25 pts, 6 reb, 7 ast, 12-13 FG
Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks: 51 pts, 5 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl, 22-31 FG, 6-9 3PT
Andrew Bynum, Philadelphia 76ers: 9 pts, 2 ast, 4-12 FG

Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks: 5 pts, 4 ast, 3 to, 2-5 FG
Monta Ellis, Milwaukee Bucks: 8 pts, 3 ast, 3-3 FG, 2-2 3PT
Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers: 11 pts, 5-6 FG
Josh Smith, Atlanta Hawks: 5 pts, 11 reb, 2-4 FG, 1-2 FT
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets: 6 pts, 5 reb, 2-3 FG, 2-2 FT
Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: 12 pts, 4-5 FG, 3-4 3PT, 1-1 FT
John Wall, Washington Wizards: 4 pts, 7 ast, 2-5 FG

Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder: 8 pts, 4 ast, 4-10 FG
Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers: 21 pts, 6 ast, 2 stl, 8-21 FG, 1-7 3PT, 4-4 FT
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder: 45 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast, 2 blk, 20-29 FG, 3-5 3PT, 2-2 FT
Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves: 7 pts, 5 reb, 3-9 FG, 1-2 3PT
Dwight Howard, LA Lakers: 9 pts, 12 reb, 4-4 FG

Chris Paul, LA Clippers: 16 pts, 6 reb, 18 ast, 2 stl, 5-9 FG, 1-1 3PT, 5-5 FT
Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings: 6 pts, 4 ast, 2-5 FG, 2-2 FT
Andre Iguodala, Denver Nuggets: 2 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast
Blake Griffin, LA Clippers: 2 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast
Al Jefferson, Utah Jazz: 2 pts, 1 reb, 1-1 FG
LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trailblazers: 10 pts, 4-7 FG, 2-2 FT
DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings: 4 pts, 3 reb, 1-1 FG
Fresh8

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 am

Haha 51 for Melo ... so life like (Y)
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 am

Melo ... sick.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 am

Valor wrote:

*Closes thread*

Sit knows I'm playing. If Oden were healthy, like he is in computer games, then yeah, I'd take him over Monroe too :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 pm

mp3 wrote:Haha 51 for Melo ... so life like (Y)

Is that a sarcastic response? :)

hova- wrote:Melo ... sick.

Yes, he was. He's too damn smooth!

The X wrote:
Valor wrote:

*Closes thread*

Sit knows I'm playing. If Oden were healthy, like he is in computer games, then yeah, I'd take him over Monroe too :cool:

We all love Oden. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:59 pm

NLSC PLAYERS

It’s your chance to participate in MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART as an NLSC Player!

I have a new rewards and points system for this story. You will be able to spend your points that you earn from tipping contests, competitions, and other methods.

REWARDS AND POINTS SYSTEM

ENTER THE DRAFT

Deadline to declare for NBA Draft: Conclusion of first round of NBA Playoffs

:new: Points updated to make it easier for entry

Enter NBA Draft as a projected undrafted prospect: 2
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected second round pick: 5
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected first round pick: 8

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a skill based attribute: 3
    To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a physical based attribute: 5

PLAYER DEMANDS

Complain about the coach: 1
    Complain about a teammate: 2
    Demand a trade: 3
    Demand a trade and provide a shortlist of destinations: 4
    Demand a trade and choose your next destination: 5

:new: DECLARING FOR THE DRAFT

WHEN?

You may declare any time before the conclusion of the first round of the Playoffs. You may also withdraw any time before then as well.

I will also allow you to report your intention to declare at any time. This means that I will start writing articles about your player.

HOW?

Post in this thread that you:

- intend to delcare, and/or
    - will declare

and I will PM you the details that I need. Once you confirm that you WILL declare, I will deduct your points.

A CHANCE TO EARN POINTS

Every article written by you and PM’ed to me that gets posted will earn points. Give your draftee a backstory and a chance to improve his stock as well.

WHY DECLARE SOONER OR LATER

If you declare sooner, it means your player will make it into the L earlier. However, you may not be as good as a prospect as if you wait and accumulate points. If you declare later, you can have control over whether your player is a first or second round prospect.

Do not be disheartened about being drafted in the second round. The pros are that you can have some choice over your free agency destination/s after just one season! It also makes for a more interesting story.

POINTS LEADERBOARD

These points have been calculated as at 12 February 2013:

Martti – 11
Justine. – 10
dare – 8
Lamrock – 7.5
Dmastawwe – 6.5
newc – 6.5
Valor – 5.5
mrmoves20 – 5.5
Mattan – 5
Houndy – 3
hova – 4.5
Thierry – 4
The X -2
mpac – 3.5
Phil89 – 2
Woogie98 – 4
Khanwarrior – 2
badreligionau – 1
King Mellow – 1
megarover – 1
Cruzzerr – 0
mp3 – 0
Agent420 – 2
Mark – 1
Durant35 – 1

WHO GOT MORE POINTS? Well - check out the past challenge and how everyone fared!

PAST CHALLENGE

No one did well because of the trick question so I decided not to deduct points for getting the trick question wrong.

0.5 marks for each correct response as follows:

MVP of the Rising Stars Challenge: Irving
Winner of the 3 Point Contest: Mo Williams
Winner of the Slam Dunk Contest: Terrence Williams
MVP of the NBA All-Star Game: Anthony
Leading scorer for East All-Stars: Anthony
Leading scorer for West All-Stars: Durant

NEW CHALLENGE

Will the Pistons make a deadline deal?

How many deals will they do?

2 points for each correct answer!
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: NLSCers

Postby Martti. on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Yes, 1.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 am

Yes, 2
dare
True kings have rings

Postby newc on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 am

Yes, two ;)
newc

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 am

Yes, 1.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood