[Tool] Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Roster Editor

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 am

Leftos wrote:Yes.

Yes, it says by CFID in Options tab. Actually after replacing the CFNames.txt, Prigioni, Copeland, etc. show up. It's just pretty much all the players with 11XX and 12XX IDs don't have names that show up. Maybe they're in the old teams that Med added or something, I dunno. At any rate, as long as I've got all current players I'm all set.

I do have a question about Find & Replace All, though. I want to, in the Players tab, the Custom Shoe Color Columns, replace all values of #FF4747F1 with #FF1F449A. I've tried doing it within the Editor and it doesn't seem to take. I go to Find & Replace, select, for example 'ShHomeTeam1', enter '#FF4747F1' on the left. On the right then I'll also choose 'ShHomeTeam1', and enter '#FF1F449A'. I click Replace All. Then when I check, the original fields have not been replaced with the new numbers. Am I doing something wrong?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 am

bigh0rt, no, that's an actual bug that I've just fixed in v0.20.0.1. Thanks for mentioning it.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 am

Leftos wrote:bigh0rt, no, that's an actual bug that I've just fixed in v0.20.0.1. Thanks for mentioning it.

So it should work (after downloading the update) the way I described it? Thanks!
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 am

Yup.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby CSwanepoel on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

Hi Leftos, do u know why if i switch current player to a retro player in my team, the game freezes, why?
thnx
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard"
CSwanepoel

Postby mattstermh on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:37 am

How do I change shoe color in roster editor?
mattstermh

Postby liquidswords8 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 am

the volume is not working on your video tutorial
liquidswords8

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 am

liquidswords8, which one?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tha King on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm

thanks for this awesome Roster Editor sir, i hope the next feature will allow to use jersey, hehe! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Er... what?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tha King on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

i'm sorry, allow us to add jersey.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Nope. Not gonna happen. No new features are gonna happen, actually, at least not from me. The tool is open-source, so anyone can contribute to it. But as far as I'm concerned, this is all for now until REDitor.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Leftos wrote:Nope. Not gonna happen. No new features are gonna happen, actually, at least not from me. The tool is open-source, so anyone can contribute to it. But as far as I'm concerned, this is all for now until REDitor.

And we're crazy thankful for all the work you put into it. It's an incredible tool. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Tha King wrote:i'm sorry, allow us to add jersey.

just change the team column of a uniform you don't care about and overwrite that uniform's iff file, or hex edit the bank of names in the newest rosters and change it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jerkyjeck on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:54 am

JaoSming wrote:
Tha King wrote:i'm sorry, allow us to add jersey.

just change the team column of a uniform you don't care about and overwrite that uniform's iff file, or hex edit the bank of names in the newest rosters and change it.

How can we make it work for CAT? I mean assign jerseys for CAT.

Thanks!
JerkyJeck: Neo-Genesis Since 2K1
Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/jerkyjeck
jerkyjeck

Postby JaoSming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 am

create a team
figure out which uniforms go to that team
figure out which identifier (the team name away/home) column goes to it
replace existing uniforms with that teamID
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby lethal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:09 am

Jaosming
i put the jerseys of the Rising Stars and Elites on my CAT (Created Team) and when i go to play in that team.
it will crash.

any solution for this?
Lets Go GSW!

You better Visit and Give my Roster A Try
Just click the Orange Text Lethal Roster
lethal

Postby JaoSming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 am

no idea
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Leftos, are there any known limitations to using Roster Editor to Edit .FXG extensions without corrupting it? I noticed somebody somewhere else talking about using the tool to change Tendency and Rating figures. Can the tool edit Association files just like Roster files?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am

as long as you know the offsets for the roster you used to begin the association, yes, you can use the tool to edit it.

and with everything you edit with all community made tools, keep backups just in case
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tha King on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 pm

JaoSming, that's a great idea jao. try it asap.
Leftos, oh, ok i understand, last one, changing socks color? via hex? not only black and white? this one is needed for ALLSTAR and WINTER COURT.
Tha King

Postby jtc324 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

Hey Leftos,

I don't know if this goes along with your post that you aren't adding any new features but is there a way to add draft status. I added a player to a roster and he had his draft status. Then i added others and they didn't. Did i miss something? asaid? does it go along with portrait id or cyber face id. The player i created was Kevin Murphy or the jazz, he had it but jarvis varnado did not. if these aren't the methods do you know how to get the status to show with a player...thanks for the help
jtc324

Postby KwiLL23 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Code: Select all
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at NBA_2K13_Roster_Editor.MainWindow.btnSavePlayers_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\NBA 2K13 Roster Editor\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1624
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None
Live life on your terms!
KwiLL23

Postby JaoSming on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

KwiLL23, always good to say what caused the crash as well
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jtc324 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 am

Is there a way to override the 12 active players so there could be 13 available for games?
jtc324

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding