The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

Nope, I'm able to re-sign players just fine. It has to be done during the re-sign phase of the offseason and they have to want to re-sign, but it should be working properly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby aldrin24 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 am

oh so I can't re-sign players during the season even if they intend to?
aldrin24

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am

You can only offer extensions to players who are eligible for them. Go to the General Manager -> Manage Roster -> Contract Extensions menu and you'll see the players with expiring contracts. The game will let you know whether they are currently eligible to sign an extension or not. If they are, you can negotiate an extension. If not, you'll need to wait until the offseason to negotiate a new deal with them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby aldrin24 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Exactly. I did just that and as an example Kobe had a "will re-sign" tag but when I tried to negotiate, the game said I can't sign him because I have no cap space.
aldrin24

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:30 am

:facepalm2: you need cap space if you want to sign people to large contracts.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Is there a way to get my uploaded videos off nba2k.com like there was with Live 10? I still can't figure this out. :(
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby aldrin24 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Oh. In my understanding I thought I could sign him even if I'm over the cap because he has the bird rights. I thought that's what the bird rights are for. I guess I was mistaken.
aldrin24

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 pm

It's possible there's a bug there, or it could simply be a matter of other salary cap conditions. Bird Rights definitely work as intended when re-signing players in the offseason.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby aldrin24 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh, so I was right. I think so. That's what I'm saying. Kobe has the bird rights. So maybe it's really a bug and I just have to re-sign him in the off-season. Thanks for the answers guys.
aldrin24

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, you may be right. I can't remember all the conditions/restrictions of midseason extensions off-hand, it's possible that there is a legitimate reason related to salary cap/contract rules preventing you from doing it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Phil89 wrote:Is there a way to get my uploaded videos off nba2k.com like there was with Live 10? I still can't figure this out. :(

Never mind. I just checked my Youtube videos and apparently linking it with my 2k account worked. :)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Good to know. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jay-r on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am

jay-r wrote:
Andrew wrote:There has been some downtime in the past 24 hours, yes. Everything appears to be fine for the moment.

Still down for me.. Are you able to get online right now ?

In case anyone experiences the same issue: after intro getting the message that the servers are down..

This was due to the fact that I recently re-installed the game which made the serial No. linked to the created username/password useless..This however resolved this issue:
You should contact 2K support http://support.2k.com/home and tell them your problem. They will provide new CD key.
I had the same problem, and they told me not to uninstall the game or reformat the computer until they have a permanent fix for this.
jay-r

Postby kaixito on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Alright, I saw some hate going on about people posting certain questions here that don't belong to this thread, so since it's supossed to be about the game, then I guess I can ask something game related. (I apologize in case there is a different thread for this but I am clueless as it is right now).

Ok the question is this: Is there a way in My Carreer to get signed up for a different shoe brand that isn't Nike or Jordan?, I got the game recently, and between getting roster updates, patches, etc, I have had to restart my game save about 3 times. These 3 times after a few games I get a message on the screen saying that Nike and Jordan shoe brands are interested in me to be their ambassador or something like that. So Addidas and the other shoe brands can't be chosen in My Carreer?

Thanks in advance, I'm really beating my head against the wall cuz I did google it and all I found was ppl telling others to use a roster editor =/ So I just want a straigh answer from someone who has played the game long enough to know the right answer.
kaixito

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Just to clarify our position on that, it's not about "hate" or being needlessly bureaucratic. This thread is just for quick questions about the game itself; we have a whole section dedicated to helping out with developing mods, requesting them or getting help with them. We're trying to ensure that questions that need a more detailed answer don't get lost in the shuffle and can be more easily found when other people come along searching for anwers. Questions like yours are a good example of what this thread is for. :)

Anyway, to answer your question, the Nike and Jordan brands are the only ones you can get signed by in MyCAREER. I'm guessing it's a licensing thing, that there's some kind of deal in place with Nike/Jordan to feature those brands in MyCAREER, or if not then perhaps 2K simply underestimates the popularity of other shoe brands.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kaixito on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Andrew wrote:Just to clarify our position on that, it's not about "hate" or being needlessly bureaucratic. This thread is just for quick questions about the game itself; we have a whole section dedicated to helping out with developing mods, requesting them or getting help with them. We're trying to ensure that questions that need a more detailed answer don't get lost in the shuffle and can be more easily found when other people come along searching for anwers. Questions like yours are a good example of what this thread is for. :)

Anyway, to answer your question, the Nike and Jordan brands are the only ones you can get signed by in MyCAREER. I'm guessing it's a licensing thing, that there's some kind of deal in place with Nike/Jordan to feature those brands in MyCAREER, or if not then perhaps 2K simply underestimates the popularity of other shoe brands.

Thanks for clarifying Andrew, I wasn't trying to start trouble, it was my 1st time posting in this thread so I was unsure, but I guess I should have phrased my idea in a better way. Anyways, tyvm for the answer, and you guys keep up the good work, I love this website and visit it every day :D
kaixito

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Not at all, it was a good opportunity to offer some clarification for everyone. I know that sometimes rules and policies like that can come across as us being a bit petty and overbearing, so we're happy to explain the reasoning behind them. Most of the time it comes down to keeping things tidy and organised, so that informative threads are easier to browse and people asking for help don't get overlooked. In any case, I appreciate the kind words, glad to hear that you're enjoying your time here and the stuff our community has to offer. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby roichii1123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:07 am

I am trying to re-sign Manu Ginobili (of course he is willing) when we were about to negotiate, he says that he is willing to take less to chase for the title, but i can't adjust anything in the contract (salary amount, years, exception, etc.) i cant agree to the preset because his interest in the "current" contract is low ... is this a BUG ???
" ... Okay , We're BORING ... But we've got RINGS !!! "

NEVER SAY DIE !!!
GOPINOY!!!
roichii1123

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Not that I've encountered thus far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ikez on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

:D

hello guys! only have one question. "how will i play the player i created in the association???" because whenever i start a new association it always restore to the default roster.

I'm referring to the Nba2k13 PSP

:bowdown2: hoping for speedy response (Y)
ikez

Postby Benuydere on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 am

At the manage roster section, we see categories like IN, OUT, PER D etc. Could anyone tell us which attributes effect on which column? I mean when calculating REB, do strength and hustle values count? Maybe there is an official guide for that. GN.
Benuydere

Postby Phil89 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Why is it that sometimes uploaded videos don't show up on 2k.com or Youtube? It always goes to 100% and says upload complete, but then the videos are nowhere to be seen online.

The whole media sharing thing is the only negative I've found with this game.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 pm

I know it's a very generic answer, but when it comes down to it, stability of online features in NBA 2K13 - despite improvements upon years past - still leaves something to be desired.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mr.13 in 33 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 am

I love the mods that the people are doing and i know it takes a long time to do but do you know if there gonna make a ultimate base roster for 2k13 like they did in 2k12?
Mr.13 in 33

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

Again, this thread isn't for questions like that; it's for questions about the base game itself.

It's possible that someone will attempt a similar project once REDitor is released, but it shouldn't be taken as a given and no one has indicated any concrete plans to do so at this time, as far as I'm aware.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13