Med's Ultimate Roster v1.1b RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.8 RELEASED

Postby mattstermh on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:16 am

Thanks!!!! You the best
mattstermh

Postby dreamagain on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 am

so its not out? -.-
dreamagain

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am

dreamagain wrote:so its not out? -.-

No it is. Everyone else got it but you. Sorry.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dreamagain on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

bigh0rt wrote:

No it is. Everyone else got it but you. Sorry.

damnit!
dreamagain

Postby quasimodder on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm

(Y) thanks!
quasimodder

Postby ZiGGeN on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm

dammit i took the day off tomorrow to play your roster NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :wink:
ZiGGeN

Postby Medevenx on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

With 30 minutes to 1 hour work left to do, I'll be sure to release it tonight.

ZiGGeN wrote:dammit i took the day off tomorrow to play your roster NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :wink:

I have the day off tomorrow too. We shall play v0.9 tomorrow lol. I'll release it tonight I swear to LeBron I will lol.

I didn't think it would be in demand so much after what I feel was a spectacular v0.8 release lol.

Now, Changelog!

v0.8 to v0.9 (2/4/13)
Code: Select all
_Visuals_
Updated Accessories, Shoes, Team Colors
Added Nike Hyperchaos (thanks Kyrius!)
Corrected '99 Knicks' jersey

_Gameplay_
Tweaked Gameplay Sliders

_Roster_
Updated Transactions as of 2/4/13
VERY ACCURATE Ratings & Tendencies with use of Formulas from Player Data this season (thanks bigh0rt!)
Updated All-Star Teams (just in case someone creates a program that can unlock them)
Updated Coaches (not names)

About v1.0 and future news:

v1.0 (last version without REDitor and no Main Folder Files)

The next full update (v1.0) will be after the Trade Deadline. I might release small updates like v0.9b, etc until then, depending on changes in the NBA.

v1.1 (first version with REDitor)

It looks like REDitor is gonna come out this month (based on Vl@d's blog) and it's going to cost some cash. If some of you are willing to donate I would really appreciate it. The expansion would consist of a lot of newly added teams, fixed coach names, etc.

Expected Teams in v1.1

-All-Star Teams (this year and maybe in the previous 5 years)
-More Retro Teams ('93 Suns, '97 Heat, '02 Nets, etc) (maybe 10 teams)
-USA Teams (1996, 2000, 2004, 2008)

Which makes a total of 19 newly added teams. Counting what we have now and we now have 29 added teams.

About Jerseys and Accessories

REDitor has the power to create new jersey additions which allow us to create more matching accessories even for the same jersey. This will solve the infamous NYK accessories issue (color changes most of the time) and other teams like the Heat, Lakers, etc.

About Names

Coach names will be changed to their proper names and some players will also receive a change (Patrick Mills > Patty Mills, etc)

About Main Folder Files

Main Folder Files 1 to 5 will be repacked into one download as Main Folder Files 1 (pre-REDitor). Any new files added (for the newly added teams) will be called Main Folder Files 2, and so on after that.

About PBA and other mods

I would love to work on a PBA mod (having 8 out of 10 teams ready now) but I respect the PBA 2K team and I know they will make their own mod. I will only expand the roster because HAWK23's Ultimate Base Roster team withdrew from converting UBR to 2K13, opening a window for me to do that. Slam Dunk mods are being worked on by other modders as well as FIBA, UAAP, NCAA, ABL, Olympic mods, etc.

If the PBA 2K team (or any other modding party) invites me to help them out I will definitely do it though.

About Retro Seasons

I will not participate in this for personal reasons (also it is very hard to do). I trust that skoadam will do these retro season teams though for you guys and hope to make it compatible with my roster. We will help each other out hopefully, like we do now.
Last edited by Medevenx on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby dreamagain on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Nice!
dreamagain

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.9 RELEASED

Postby Medevenx on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 am

Med's Ultimate Roster v0.9 RELEASED

Download Links

Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 1 (Jerseys, Cyberfaces, Shoes; 180 MB)
-Download this first. Copy all the files from the jerseys, cyberfaces, shoes, floors, logos into your Main 2K Directory Folder. When it asks you to overwrite, OVERWRITE. This will only overwrite your black armed cyberfaces and will NOT affect any other mods you have. You do NOT need to redownload this if you have already downloaded it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z51bz790ah83q87

Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 2 (Jerseys, Cyberfaces, Shoes; 78 MB)
-Download this next. Copy all the files from the jerseys, cyberfaces, shoes, floors, logos into your Main 2K Directory Folder. When it asks you to overwrite, OVERWRITE. This will only overwrite your black armed cyberfaces and will NOT affect any other mods you have. You do NOT need to redownload this if you have already downloaded it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgdcstfk75msz5a

Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 3 (Jerseys, Cyberfaces, Shoes; 48 MB)
-Download this next. Copy all the files from the jerseys, cyberfaces, shoes, floors, logos into your Main 2K Directory Folder. When it asks you to overwrite, OVERWRITE. This will only overwrite your black armed cyberfaces and will NOT affect any other mods you have. You do NOT need to redownload this if you have already downloaded it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?689uql5q2n7mus9

Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 4 (Cyberfaces, Shoes, Logos; 76 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1dbtdmim3s89yy7

!NEW! Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 5 (Cyberfaces, Shoes, Jerseys; 45 MB) !NEW!

http://www.mediafire.com/?v8m3y8de4788jqy

Backup Files (46 MB)
-This has the original Create-A-Team logos and jerseys. Download this when you don't want to use the custom teams and use your own created teams like FIBA, etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jq329qa7ucftad

Med's Roster Patch %Appdata% Files (Roster Files, Settings, Shoes; 2MB)
-If you already have the main files above, download only the current version. This is the only download link that I update.

Roster WOI = Roster without injuries (Rose and others available)
Roster WI = Roster with injuries (Rose and others unavailable)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rrourzx47cu308w

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

%Appdata% (I will update this everytime so this is what you will download every update)
- Copy the Roster and Settings files and paste it in your Saves folder

Main Folder Files (you will only have to download this once)
- Copy all the Jerseys, Shoes, Cyberfaces, Floors, Logos files and paste it in your main 2K13 folder. You do NOT need to redownload anything. You only have to download the newest Main Folder Files.

When you paste the files OVERWRITE all the files that need to be overwritten. It will not harm your game in anyway and is required to have the roster function perfectly.

Comprehensive Changelog

v0.8 to v0.9 (2/4/13)
_Visuals_
Updated Accessories, Shoes, Team Colors
Added Nike Hyperchaos (thanks Kyrius!)
Corrected '99 Knicks' jersey

_Gameplay_
Tweaked Gameplay Sliders

_Roster_
Updated Transactions as of 2/4/13
VERY ACCURATE Ratings & Tendencies with use of Formulas from Player Data this season (thanks bigh0rt!)
Updated All-Star Teams (just in case someone creates a program that can unlock them)
Updated Coaches (not names)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby DW0911 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 am

Yes, I can have my Chinese New Year after getting this...... thank you. :D
DW0911

Postby Medevenx on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:01 am

DW0911 wrote:Yes, I can have my Chinese New Year after getting this...... thank you. :D

Happy Chinese New Year from the Philippines! ;)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby xerion on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 am

Grizzlies' Chris Johnson is left handed.
xerion

Postby Onisak on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 am

Great! Thanks :).
Onisak

Postby wikisaiyan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 am

are their any new cf's in the .9 update?

I still cant get reggie miller to work.
great work as always.
wikisaiyan

Postby prefontaine on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 am

why you think that real % is better than shot stick timing. isn't real % easy to score because there no impact on your release. for free throw too. if you use player who have very high %, there is small possibility that he not score (setting on real %), but if you use shot stick you must have great release to score
prefontaine

Postby daninoz on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am

Med's Roster v0.9 compatible with my portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5k5511888jb8kjm
daninoz

Postby SunnyDove on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 am

prefontaine wrote:why you think that real % is better than shot stick timing. isn't real % easy to score because there no impact on your release. for free throw too. if you use player who have very high %, there is small possibility that he not score (setting on real %), but if you use shot stick you must have great release to score

No, it's pretty well the exact opposite of what you just said. It's too easy to score with perfect releases. If you want simulated style of play, you generally go with real player %.

Edit: Also, Melo's shoes are purple and black when away. It's not really a huge deal for the base roster but I was wondering how I could work on that shoe's colors for my Knicks Assoc since it's not in the list of Jordans in-game (or is it? I haven't connected to 2K servers in months... I just don't sign into my 2K account so they don't overwrite any of my mods). I want Melo's shoes to look like this when away:

Oh, and one more thing: I already started my association with your 0.8 roster, is there any easy way that I can implement your rating and tendency changes to my knickerbockers.fxg? If not, I guess I'll just simulate the games that I already played and pick up where I left off.
SunnyDove

Postby xianpauL on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

daninoz wrote:Med's Roster v0.9 compatible with my portraits

why are the files older?
xianpauL

Postby daninoz on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am

xianpauL wrote:

why are the files older?

Hour difference.
daninoz

Postby Phreezy P on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

I love you man! Thanks for the release! Favourite roster maker right here!

Don't get why you removed acrobat though. It's not like were going online with the roster to cheese.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby SunnyDove on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Is acrobat overpowered? I have no idea. I just play offline association.
SunnyDove

Postby Medevenx on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 pm

xerion wrote:Grizzlies' Chris Johnson is left handed.

Sorry I didn't know this. Never saw him shoot the ball I just saw him dunk it lol. Will fix it in a v0.9b

wikisaiyan wrote:are their any new cf's in the .9 update?

I still cant get reggie miller to work.
great work as always.

I think it's in the Main Folder Files 3 or 4.

prefontaine wrote:why you think that real % is better than shot stick timing. isn't real % easy to score because there no impact on your release. for free throw too. if you use player who have very high %, there is small possibility that he not score (setting on real %), but if you use shot stick you must have great release to score

Shot Stick Timing = If you memorize the release, you can cheese with any player. Also, shot releases change among rosters and to shoot with an unfamiliar jumpshot is just unfair.

Thanks daninoz! I might have a v0.9b up though so be ready lol :)

SunnyDove wrote:

No, it's pretty well the exact opposite of what you just said. It's too easy to score with perfect releases. If you want simulated style of play, you generally go with real player %.

Edit: Also, Melo's shoes are purple and black when away. It's not really a huge deal for the base roster but I was wondering how I could work on that shoe's colors for my Knicks Assoc since it's not in the list of Jordans in-game (or is it? I haven't connected to 2K servers in months... I just don't sign into my 2K account so they don't overwrite any of my mods). I want Melo's shoes to look like this when away:

Oh, and one more thing: I already started my association with your 0.8 roster, is there any easy way that I can implement your rating and tendency changes to my knickerbockers.fxg? If not, I guess I'll just simulate the games that I already played and pick up where I left off.

Damn it! I'm pretty sure I fixed Melo's shoe already. I'll fix that in v0.9b. If you want the ratings and tendencies, use the Roster Editor and copy all the RColumns and TColumns of players 1 to 40X (until the last Wizard) with the IDs from the new roster and paste it in your assoc.

AirAaron32 wrote:I love you man! Thanks for the release! Favourite roster maker right here!

Don't get why you removed acrobat though. It's not like were going online with the roster to cheese.

What about cheesing in Assoc or other game modes? lol My brother did that to me.

SunnyDove wrote:Is acrobat overpowered? I have no idea. I just play offline association.

phpBB [video]

Euro Step 3 Pointer Cheese. Even 2K themselves removed it.
Last edited by Medevenx on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby xianpauL on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm

nice! what would be the changes in V0.9B bro? :)
xianpauL

Postby eastcoastbias on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Thank you, Great roster as usual! However, I do wanna point out that a few players have the wrong numbers.

Luke Walton #32 -> #4
Josh Selby #5 -> #32
Lance Stephenson #6 -> #1
Garrett Temple #41 -> #17
eastcoastbias

Postby spanky8305 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Best roster out there man... Amazing, just one quick question if anyone can help me, how come a few players like Durant and Kendrick Perkins have generic shoes?? Great roster man only one I use
spanky8305

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding