Menu Lag?

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Menu Lag?

Postby christophlin on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Just got into this game, and love it -- but am running into a huge nuisance. The menus lag when I'm simply navigating around (i.e. Settings, Rosters, etc.). My computer is pretty powerful, and everything runs picture perfect when I actually play the games (at the highest quality levels).

Has anybody run into this problem, or know of a solution? It's really starting to ruin the experience for me.

Thanks!
christophlin

Re: Menu Lag?

Postby christophlin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Actually, it's not even just the menus -- it's also the post-game highlights (i.e. Game Reel, Signature Highlights, etc.). All of these lag/stutter, despite the game running flawlessly.

I have a freshly formatted system with the following specs:

i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 w/ 1GB

I've tried setting everything to their lowest settings, but this stutter still occurs. Spent the whole day researching, so any help would be great.

Thanks!
christophlin

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Does the lag disappear when you disconnect from the Internet and try to play the game?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby christophlin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes, it still occurs even when all Internet has been disconnected. I've tried everything I could think of -- messing with Catalyst Control, setting everything to low, windowed mode, etc. I just tried a fresh reinstallation, and the issue remains. I'm pretty sure it's the same issue that was documented here (notice the stutter in the background movement):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-cKq7nsX4
christophlin

Return to NBA 2K12