::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Free Agents

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Just announcing that this is on a break until after the New Year break. Thanks for all of your continued support!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: On Break!

Postby hova- on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 am

Merry Christmas, Bro. Hope you can continue this one strong in 2013 ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Ho Ho Ho. Look forward to this coming back :)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Have a good holiday, man. I'll try to hold down the fort while you're gone. :P
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 pm

hova- wrote:Merry Christmas, Bro. Hope you can continue this one strong in 2013 ;)

Mark. wrote:Ho Ho Ho. Look forward to this coming back :)

Lamrock wrote:Have a good holiday, man. I'll try to hold down the fort while you're gone. :P

Thanks guys.

I am back now from holiday. Will start this again in a few days. A few things still to sort out but will be back in basketball mode in no time!

Will check out everyone else's stories asap :) Hope I have not missed too much!
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Belated Happy Holidays mate, hope you had fun in Syd! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 pm

This will hopefully be to Hova's delight.

I not only am playing a new NBA 2K but I also have got a new TV. :)

I can certainly tell a big difference whilst playing but the detail does not quite show up on my photos captured by my trusty phone camera. (Y)

Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART :::

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 am

Still looks pretty good! Can you not connect your console to the Net to upload?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 am

I tried to upload photos. It worked for me on 360 but when I switched to PS3, that fucked my 2K account up and I never bothered to hassle with it. I noticed a massive difference for me going from a CRT to a Plasma, and a shitty phone to a nice one, but I've never managed a screen of that caliber.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Updated: February 12, 2013
Trying To End The Motown Blues
Pistons duo Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight are an odd couple working hard to save a suffering Pistons franchise and fan base
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Woody Hannes
ESPN.com Writer

The Pistons have struggled this season with injuries and the only constant has been their starting backcourt. The strong play of the Stuckey-Knight partnership has kept the Pistons in play for a playoff seed in the Eastern Conference. Will the production of the pair continue and help the team make the playoffs and inspire an ailing fan base?

Rodney Stuckey has spent his entire NBA career with the Detroit Pistons. He was drafted in 2007 as the number 15 overall draft pick. He then stuck with the franchise through thick and thin; subsequently being rewarded with quite a lucrative new contract in 2011. Brandon Knight was drafted in 2011 as the number 8 overall draft pick. He drew the faith of Coach Lawrence Frank and started 60 of 66 games in the lockout shortened season - averaging a shade less than 13 points and 4 assists per contest in his rookie season.

The question at the start of this season was whether the two combo-guards could coexist in the same backcourt with Coach Frank giving more freedom to Knight with the ball in his hands. With the Pistons just 6 games below .500 at 24-30 and both players playing great basketball; the answer so far would seem to be yes.

Stuckey has emerged this season as a dependable catch and shoot scorer whilst Knight has shown immense improvement in the playmaking category. The pair have inspired their injury-riddled team to a respectable record and begun to really make their fans believe in their playoff potential. “Stuckey and Knight are playing like they have played together for years,” Coach Frank recently said after an impressive and surprising win against the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat. He added, “Both of them have become more mature, accepted their roles, and played their asses off.”

Stuckey, a fan favourite, has attributed his consistent performances to the fact that he is more focussed this season. He stated that he wants to win games because of the loyalty that the franchise and fans have shown him. He also stated that he has been inspired by the leadership that the franchise’s executive team has provided. The franchise recently slashed prices of admission to Pistons games to encourage the community to attend games again.

“The people and this city have been struggling for a while and when the bosses don’t worry about profits and let everyone into the Palace – well, that’s a really nice thing,” Stuckey said. He stated that it made him want to work harder to make his paycheque worth its tag.

Knight, the tweener told he was neither an NBA 2-guard nor a 1-guard, spent the Summer working on his point guard skills and memorising the Pistons playbook. The hard work has paid off with more confident leadership and a team-first mindset arising in the young one-time Kentucky Wildcat. Knight has impressed everyone in the league with his new-found ability to find his teammates good looks at the rim. The second year player has used his shooting ability and athleticism to give him room to create opportunities for others.

Greg Monroe has been one of the beneficiaries of Knight’s improved play, “Brandon’s work ethic is amazing. Last season, I think he was just trying to get used to the pace of the NBA. And all he worried about was doing one thing at a time. Now he is the one controlling the pace of the game and he is able to make split second decisions. The difference between him now and his rookie season is like night and day.”

The fans have begun to embrace Knight even more this season. His popularity has been rising as he has turned in some big performances over the season. Knight stated that he has feels most comfortable in Detroit mainly thanks to the fans.

Brandon Knight does admit though that he didn’t think that he and Rodney Stuckey could coexist in Detroit. “He (Stuckey) always had the ball in his hands before I came. When I came in and Coach (Frank) moved him in an off-guard role, I didn’t know what to expect,” he frankly discusses with me, “I’m actually happy with our progress. We’ve figured how to play with each other.”

When Coach Frank decided to go with the Stuckey-Knight combo, he envisioned two capable ball handlers terrorising defences with their all-around abilities. The duo has evolved slowly and become an effective tag team. The question now is whether they are enough to propel the Pistons back to the NBA playoffs.

Both players have made sacrifices to their games and that is due to the one shared goal: to help the Pistons return to a winning state and to reward their fans for their continued loyalty and support. As Knight told me at the end of our interview, “We want to win for this city to show everyone that there is always hope. The Pistons have been through good times and tough times.”

Stuckey added, “It’s the least that we can do.”
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:41 am

Nice Woody Hannes to get back things rolling. 24-30 is not too shabby for this team and could be enough to make the postseason in the East. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:02 am

Nice article man. Great writing. I have always been dubious about how Stuckey fits on that team, but they seem to be firing nicely as you have it set up!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 am

Glad to see you back, Sit. Nice article on Stuckey BTW.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

hova- wrote:Nice Woody Hannes to get back things rolling. 24-30 is not too shabby for this team and could be enough to make the postseason in the East. (Y)

Yeah man. Going to make a strong push for playoffs.

Mark. wrote:Nice article man. Great writing. I have always been dubious about how Stuckey fits on that team, but they seem to be firing nicely as you have it set up!

Cheers and thanks for your first post in my thread from a few weeks ago. :) (If I have not thanked you yet)

I am still trying to fit Stuckey in but he has been a great shooter for me so it has worked for now. Still figuring out my team and really started to enjoy using Corey Maggette recently.

mrmoves20 wrote:Glad to see you back, Sit. Nice article on Stuckey BTW.

Thanks mrmoves! It's good to be back.

I am going to be trying to get to the end of the season as quick as possible. :D
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Woody Hannes Article

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 am

Sit, All good man, I think you might have already. Yeah when I played the Pistons Maggette was tough to stop. Think i defended him poorly though.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Mark. wrote:Sit, All good man, I think you might have already. Yeah when I played the Pistons Maggette was tough to stop. Think i defended him poorly though.

I am still going to let him test free agency. :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm

A writer as reputable as Woody Hannes has no business analyzing the Pistons, it undermines his credibility :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Valor wrote:A writer as reputable as Woody Hannes has no business analyzing the Pistons, it undermines his credibility :lol: :lol:

True that. Then again, that's why Woody is elite. No job too big or small for the Wood.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

The X wrote:
Valor wrote:A writer as reputable as Woody Hannes has no business analyzing the Pistons, it undermines his credibility :lol: :lol:

True that. Then again, that's why Woody is elite. No job too big or small for the Wood.

Point conceded (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Sorry everyone for the stop, start, stop, start. Got a new job in real life and a lot happening so.... have not had time to update. Updates are coming soon though and hopefully more regularly. This story is NOT DEAD.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Story not dead...

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:24 pm

CHAPTER 6

“Is Royce White available?” Joe Dumars asked Daryl Morey.
Dumars had already inquired on the rookie two weeks prior and the Rockets were firm on their position that they would not let their first rounder go, despite all of the drama he was creating for them. White ‘s anxiety disorder was making it difficult for the Rockets . Rumours had spread around the league about the Rockets’ handling of White and that both sides were not happy with eachother. It got to the stage where White even threatened to refuse to play in ball games.
“You don’t want him,” Morey was being frank with Dumars.
“He must have talent if you are going to put up with his bullshit,” Dumars replied.
“We’re not interested in a deal,” Morey said.
“Why?”
“What is your offer then?”
Dumars didn’t have much, “Shelden Williams and our first round pick for next season.”
Morey laughed, “Come on, you need to do better than that!”
Dumars knew it was a long shot, “White is pissed off with you guys over there. You’re not going to get much out of him. At least you are getting a pick off us.”
“It’s a crap pool of prospects for this next draft,” Morey stated.
“It will be better than letting this guy ruin your chemistry,” Dumars said; not that the Rockets had too much going for them.
“I can’t do that deal,” Morey had paused for a little while and pondered the offer, “We’re not getting anything.”
“White has little value.”
“He does,” Morey quipped, “He does.”
Dumars wasn’t sure if Morey was bluffing, “I will call you back.”
“We don’t want to trade him away,” Morey explained, “But if the right offer comes along, I would think about it.”
Dumars sure had a bit to think about. He saw the perfect opportunity to pick up a young player in White for cheap. He didn’t care how White would be in the locker room. He just wanted to build his roster first.

Corey Maggette was on fire against the Spurs as the Pistons were making their way towards a surprising win.
“Why can’t he play like this every game?” Bobby asked Dumars.
It was a rhetorical question.
Bobby then enquired, “So how are we looking at getting our top target?”
“I will need to get in contact with the other side soon.”
“How long is the process usually?” asked Bobby.
“The trade process?” clarified Dumars.
Bobby nodded and Dumars proceeded, “Fans probably think that it takes a few hours but in reality, it can range from a few days to a few weeks or maybe even months. There’s a lot of legwork to be done.”
“Have we left this one too late?”
Dumars shook his head, “I have a feeling everything is going to be just right.”
A few days later, Dumars was on the phone again and this time to the Atlanta Hawks’ GM Danny Ferry. It had been well publicised that Josh Smith had recently told Ferry that he was open to staying in Atlanta but also wanting to test free agency.
“You know who I’m calling about,” Dumars said to Ferry.
“I’m listening.”
“Would you trade him?”
“Depends on the offer.”
“Well then – I was thinking of a package involving Andre Drummond and Rodney Stuckey,” Dumars proposed.
“Interesting. What about a few picks as well?”
“If you are serious about talking,” Dumars didn’t want his time wasted, “Then we can sit down and iron it all out.”
“We can talk during All-Star Weekend,” Ferry noted.
“No possibility to do this earlier?” Dumars asked.
“Sorry – no.”

The media clambered around Josh Smith after the Eastern Conference All-Stars had finished training. Smith was in a foul mood after a week of speculation that his team was shopping him around.
“Josh, how do you feel about sources indicating that the Hawks are trying to trade you away?”
Smith replied, “I am very disappointed. I was thinking about staying but now I am going to test free agency.”
“If you are traded, would you stay with that team?”
Smith was firm, “No, I am testing free agency. Period. No team is going to get me and think they going to lock me up. Atlanta don’t want to look out for me and I ain’t looking out for nobody anymore.”
“So Atlanta is out of the question even if you stay?”
“No one screws over Josh Smith. I ain’t sticking around. I’m an All-Star and they don’t appreciate what I bring to this franchise,” Smith turned around and threw his towel into the stands and picked up his bag to leave.
Smith was flanked by some of his East All-Star teammates and refused to answer any more questions. Bobby was nearby and watched the fiasco. He texted to Dumars: I think we need to strike a deal with Atlanta.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 6

Postby Valor on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Good stuff but I don't think you have anything that could get you Josh Smith...not even if you throw the next 3 first rounders in lol

Happy losing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Durant35 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 pm

I think ATL's only gonna trade Josh if you put in Greg. Anyways, I'm really pumped up on what's gonna happen next!
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Martti. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 pm

With the way Drummond plays IRL, Hawks would probably like to get him, though I don't think they'd want Stuckey, they already have Teague, Harris and Lou Williams at the position.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Smith would be a decent addition, but somehow I doubt you can get him without giving away too much. At least to make it realistic you cannot screw them with Maggettes contract and a first rounder - wouldn't work.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood