NLSC Podcast - Episode #15

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #15

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 am

New week, new podcast. Episode #15 is out now.

Episode #15 (January 28th, 2013)

Hosts: Leftos, Andrew, Arcane

It's that time of the week again: a new NLSC Podcast is coming your way, hosted by Leftos, Ben and myself. As always, we talk about the latest basketball video game and NBA news, before moving on to some other areas of interest and even getting a little nostalgic. If you're looking for a quick overview of this week's episode, here you go:

• We open with some chatter that includes the weather and in the process, get a great idea for a new theme park...patent pending.
  • The conversation turns a little dark, so we move on to a recap of the week in news.
  • NBA 2K13 and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition received roster updates last week, the latter prompting a little more discussion than the former.
  • A couple of potentially interesting notes about NBA Live are touched upon very briefly.
  • The Hornets will officially become the Pelicans effective as of next season and we know what their logo will look like. Has it changed our minds about the new name?
  • The reserves for the 2013 All-Star game have been announced. We react and talk about a couple of noteworthy snubs.
  • Leftos has no interest in discussing the Bulls/Pistons game, but I do get to express some enthusiasm for Jimmy Butler's recent play.
  • Changing things up, we talk about some of our favourite web series, including the returning Nostalgia Critic.
  • Mention of the Critic leads us to reminisce about a few things we're nostalgic for.

Click here to listen to the show!

A fair warning, at times the language in this week's podcast is coarser than usual and not what you'll see in news posts and feature articles here on the NLSC. It's something we can tone down (or simply bleep) if it becomes a problem for you, our listeners, so let us know your feelings on that as well as your thoughts on this week's topics and the show overall.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #15

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

This is probably my favourite podcast of the lot. I like the idea of not toning down the language and maybe just adding a disclaimer at the start.

As for the All-Star reserves, I was happy for the most part with the East selections, although, it's not really my conference. It was nice to see Joakim Noah get selected. He's probably my favourite player on the East team at the moment (yes, even ahead of Carmelo Anthony). For the West, I was disappointed not to see a player from Denver get selected (AGAIN!), but looking at the players selected, there probably wasn't room. Still, I think Faried or Lawson wouldn't have looked out of place in a West jersey. Andre Miller got my vote as well; imagine the alley oops he could throw up.

Since you guys mentioned nostalgia, did any of you ever see Biker Mice From Mars? I still think it has the most badass intro ever:

phpBB [video]
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm

We felt it was one of the best we've done so far, so glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm guessing we won't get as profane or adult as, say, one of Kevin Smith's podcasts, but if we do swear a bit more than usual and don't end up bleeping, we definitely might start putting a disclaimer at the start.

I do remember Biker Mice from Mars, though to be honest I'm not sure I ever watched it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:52 pm

I felt it was one of the most fun podcasts to make, if not the most fun, so I'm glad this comes out to the listener as well.

Don't think we ever had Biker Mice from Mars in Greece, but we did have this (the intro doesn't do it justice):

phpBB [video]

I remember enjoying it so much, especially the over-the-top completely ridiculous cliff-hanger that every episode had.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am

I remember that one. I believe one or two generations before us grew up with it as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard