Hov's Mavs (21-27): All-Star starters / Around the league

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Hov's Mavs: Season Opener vs Lakers

Postby deihatein on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 am

How did you managed to pursue Najera to leave his coaching job in the D-League?

Sucks that you have to play it real with Dirk on the sideline. Moar playing time for Brandon Wright then!
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 am

Mark., well, I could just slice them together via photoshop from the game, but I dont like that style at all. But maybe thats better than nothing.

dei., haha, I just thought it would be cool to get back a former Mav and since I needed someone for my frontcourt, I decided to sign him. He's got the scrapper signature skill in the game. Not too bad.

Brandon gets a lot of playing time as the backup center. I usually bring in Carter and move Marion to the PF spot, Wright at the C. He's athletic, but apart from that does not have a lot to offer.

I wanted to play it real with Dirk sidelined. I have all those injuries in my season, i.e.: Bynum, Rose, Granger, Shumpert, Billups, Bogut and all the others. Makes it more realistic to begin with.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 am

hova-, Yeah I am not a fan of doing that either, you miss out a lot of stats and it is time consuming. I will be using the NST for 2k13 when that comes out so might just wait on that.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Kaman looks like he's doing a dance on that pic :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 am

Tough loss man -- in 2K, the Lakers are completely different. :x

About the boxscores, in the last four or five threads I've been posting pics of the best performers only...
:lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: Hov's Mavs: 2nd game vs Utah

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 am

Dallas News wrote:
Mavs lose to Utah, drop second consecutive game to start off season

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Just one night after their 73-100 loss in Los Angeles, the Mavericks fell short against the Utah Jazz

The Dallas Mavericks are struggling to start the 2012/2013 NBA seaso. One night after a devastating performance agains the Los Angeles Lakers @ Staples Center (73-100 loss), the Mavericks could not turn things around and lost their second straight game of the season against Utah, 75-77.

In what turned out to be the worst game of the young regular season so far, the Jazz used 15 points from Derrick Favors, Jamaal Tinsley and Al Jefferson apiece to sneak past the Mavs despite shooting only 42% from the field. For Dallas, O.J. Mayo had 24 points and 8 rebounds, shooting 10-17 from the field, but it wasn't enough. The Mavs shot 40% from the field and only scored 34 points in the first half.

"We have to take those two games as warning signals. Things won't come easy for us this season", veteran Shawn Marion said. The 34-year old forward had a decent all-around game with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Five Mavericks were in double-figures at the end of the game. O.J. Mayo had a chance to tie the game on a last second shot.

The Mavs will now head back home to Dallas where they will host the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday. The Bobcats have yet to play a game this season.

Blazers beat Lakers, Hornets kick Spurs

In a South-West battle, the Hornets beat the Spurs 110-95 in what looked like a big upset. The Portland Trail Blazers were able to beat the Los Angeles Lakers without their star player LaMarcus Aldridge. Damian Lillard was their top scorer with 25.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-1): Dallas @ Utah

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 am

Valor, he just got pretty much dunked on. Kaman is so weak 1on1 - had a tough time vs Howard.

Thierry •, maybe when the NST comes out we can all go with boxscores.

I use this template for shorter recaps of not so cool games. I like to use different templates, adds some different view on the season.

I will also try to catch up with the RL season quickly, it's more fun to write future than being behind. The Gay trade will be done, but on February in the game.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Leftos on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 am

Trust me guys, I want NST to be 2K13 compatible as much as you. I'm just waiting for Vlad to complete REDitor, and I'll update NST the moment I have my full REDitor license.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am

Bad start, but how did you sign Najara if he is retired and is a coach for D-league team?
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Losing a second straight game sucks. You gotta bounce back man. (Y)
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Nice to see the Lakers kick your asses in first game of the season. :P

Good luck with this one my friend.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-1): Charlotte @ Dallas

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 pm

Charlotte Bobcats (1-0) at Dallas Mavericks (0-2) 86-84

Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

Walker, Warrick lead Bobcats past Mavericks

Hakim Warrick with the putback against the Mavericks.

DALLAS, NOVEMBER 3rd (AP) - Kemba Walker records 16 points and 13 assists and Ben Gordon adds 16 as the Bobcats handle Dallas their third straight loss to open the season.

The Charlotte Bobcats are showing their claws to kick off the 2012/13 campaign. After beating Indiana 82-101 on Friday night, Charlotte repeated a strong defensive effort as they beat the Mavericks 82-94 @American Airlines Arena.

For the second consecutive game the Bobcats had five players in double digits in scoring led by Kemba Walker and Ben Gordon with 16 points each. Walker added 13 assists and walked away as the Player of the game. "He has worked hard on his game this offseason and was so eager to start the season and it shows", Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap said. Walker had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists and 6 steals against the Pacers the night before.

For Dallas on the opposite, the new season could not have started worse. Losing three in a row and only averaging 77.3 points per game on 42% shooting in these games, the Mavericks are looking sloppy.
"I think on defense, we did a good job", Rick Carisle said looking at the stat sheet after the game. "We forced 10 turnovers, only gave up 8 offensive rebounds. But on offense, we are still work in progress."

The Mavericks had four players in double figures in scoring but only shot 43% from the field. O.J. Mayo led all scorers with 18 points on 7-22 shooting.

Dallas started well, leading 2-12 but the Bobcats fought their way back in the game with a decent defensive effort. Hakim Warrick had a decent outing off the bench, scoring 12 points on 5-6 shooting. The Bobcats got 27 points from their bench whilst the Mavericks' bench only scored 23.

Darren Collison helped the Mavs to get their lead back in the 3rd, where he scored 8 of his 14 points. Down by four with 40 seconds left, the Mavericks forced a backourt violation as they trapped Kemba Walkers. Vince Carter who had 17 points in the game hit a go-ahead bucket to bring the Mavs within two. Charlotte failed to score on the upcoming possession giving the Mavs a chance to tie the game with 8 seconds left on the clock.

After O.J. Mayo missing the last second shot in Utah, Dallas decided to get the ball to Collison on a drive but the point guard could not hit a heavily contested lay-up. Dallas will host the Portland Trail Blazers (1-2) on Monday in another attempt to get the first win of the season.

Player Stats -- Team Stats
Image (18|29|18|21|86)

Kemba Walker: 16 points - 13 assists - 4 rebounds - 6/15 FG - 1/6 3PT
Ben Gordon: 16 points - 6/15 FG - 2/5 3PT
Hakim Warrick: 12 points - 4 rebounds - 5/6 FG
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: 12 points - 9 rebounds - 2 steals - 5/5 FG

Image (23|15|26|20|84)
O.J. Mayo: 18 points - 4 rebounds - 7/22 FG
Chris Kaman: 14 points - 6 rebounds - 7/13 FG
Vince Carter: 17 points - 8/16 FG - 1/4 3PT
Darren Collison: 14 points - 4 rebounds - 5 assists - 1 turnover - 4/9 FG

Quotable: "This young kid has got a lot of talent. He's a fierce defender and his shot selection is great. Our late game execution was bad tonight" (Dallas Mavericks forward Shawn Marion on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist)
Game Notes: The Bobcatshad 7 dunks in the game ... Dallas only recorded 12 assists ... the last time Dallas started the season 0-3 was in 2007 when the team finished 67-15 ... this is the first season the Bobcats win their first two games ...
Looking forward: CHA @ PHX (11/07) - POR @ DAL (11/05)

Nuggets Chandler out for six weeks with calf injury read more
James Harden scores 39 in win over Blazers read more
Thunder add Chris Douglas-Roberts to their roster read more
Blake Griffin averages 31.3 points after three games read more
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Mavs (0-2): Home Opener against Charlotte

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm

SuperHueyNewton, he is in the hidden player pool. You just have to assign him to the FA pool with the editor.

Durant35, didnt happen, shit.

Sit, thanks, hope to see you around more often!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Durant35 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 am

Damn, that's the third straight. BLOW UP THE ROSTER! :lol:

Your Mavs are certainly getting better though. I like the sweat and the lights, mind telling me what mods you use?
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:28 am

TRADE OJ!! TRADE OJ!! 7 for 22 is unacceptable right now, especially since your trying to find and heir for Dirk
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:03 pm

dangggg you lost to the Bobcats?!?! :o :o :o
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Durant35, haha, after three games played there is no reason to blow up the roster. I will look for potential trades every now and then, but don't see anything coming right now.

SuperHueyNewton, he had a solid outing against Utah. It depends on the shots I can get for him, but I like his potential. Definitely no reason to involve him in trading rumours.

Valor, I did, but actually it was well deserved cause of late game errors that must not happen. I have to say that I am still struggling on PC with the new roster, slider set etc, but as the losses are really close (two point losses in back to back games), I think the difficutly is alright.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 pm

hova- wrote: Valor, I did, but actually it was well deserved cause of late game errors that must not happen. I have to say that I am still struggling on PC with the new roster, slider set etc, but as the losses are really close (two point losses in back to back games), I think the difficutly is alright.

Yeah I guess once you get used to it then the wins will come back again :wink: (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 am

Vince Carter soaring past Chris Duhon and over Jordan Hill in the Mavs season opener against the Lakers.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 am

Durant35, I forgot about the lighting. I use the Superglobal Creeds v2 - with SJ AC3 Shadow Mod 2.0, because after trying out almost everything, it is still the best. I also have the improved crowd ligthin by Jao, it's great. But I use photoshop on a lot of these graphics, so this also has to do with the look.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Martti. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:52 am

Damn, that pic looks dope. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am

Pic looks really nice mate. Lets see more of that hopefully converting into wins!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:09 pm

He's not going to be JET, but just give O.J. some time. I think he can make an impact more sooner than later. Sweet VC pic (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Red Rocket on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Tough luck after the two losses, especially to the Bobcats. Your pictures look real good though! (Y)
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Valor on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Vince!!!! That dunk's sick! :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood