Thunder: Team is One | RESTART ON THE WAY

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [14-2] Thunder: Team is One | Every possession counts.

Postby mrmoves20 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

It's like last year, but Game 3 was won by OKC. Nice win.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Phil89 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm

I was almost right with my prediction. Westbrook should have taken 1 more shot. :P Two more wins to go!

It's kind of creepy watching those videos and not hearing the crowd.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 am

Nice. Going to be a cracker finish to this series!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Thunder Up!

Postby Durant35 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Thunder goes 3-1, 141-136

phpBB [video]

GAME RECAP | GAME STORY | TEAM STATS

Player of the Game: Russell Westbrook (48 PTS, 4 REB, 14 AST, 3 STL and 2 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Kevin Durant (42 PTS, 15 REB, 8 AST, 1 STL and 1 BLK)
Thunder Protector: Serge Ibaka (12 PTS, 9 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL and 3 BLK)

And that's about it. No team in NBA history has come back from a 3-1 series. Just one game guys, just one game left and we'll be hosting the trophy. Despite LeBron and Chalmers' triple-double, the Oklahoma City Thunder managed to pull through a 89-95 deficit entering the fourth quarter. They scored a playoff-high 52 points in the quarter en route to an upset.

The Heat are pretty much needing for a defensive presence during the fourth, as their small ball lineup couldn't get any rebounds, despite their 56-49 rebounding lead and were completely outscored by the hungry Oklahoma City Thunder squad. But this win came with a price though, Serge Ibaka fell on his foot with 4 minutes left in the game and went out. He was diagnosed with a Plantar Fasciitis. He claims that he will be back.

Photos:
Image Image Image Image

Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Re: [15-2] Thunder: Team is One | S. Injuredbaka

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 am

Great win, one more game to go! Sucks about Ibaka, but surely he will play, in a potential title winning game he won't take a seat!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Re: [15-2] Thunder: Team is One | S. Injuredbaka

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

One more win and LeBron will once again fail! Anyway, good luck and I hope the guys play the same way they've always have been throughout the playoffs.
mrmoves20

Heat avoids loss.

Postby Durant35 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Thunder run out of gas late in 4th, 109-103

phpBB [video]

GAME RECAP | GAME STORY | TEAM STATS

Player of the Game: LeBron James (24 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST, 4 STL and 1 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Russell Westbrook (37 PTS, 6 REB, 8 AST and 1 STL)
Thunder Killer: Dwyane Wade (21 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL and 2 BLK)

And when we all thought that it was over, the Heat bounce back and force Game 6. But it ain't gonna come easy though, as the Thunder will play home. The Heat quickly punished the Thunder, after trailing by 10 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter, the Heat went on a 10-0 run after the Thunder starters came out and finished the quarter with a 1-point deficit.

It was a tightly contested game with neither team backing down for three quarters. All of those quarters were either outscoring the other team by a point. Wade and Westbrook then got on it when Westbrook fouled Wade, and hit his face accidentally. This gave Heat fans something to make their boos go louder and pressure the Thunder, which was successful.

Photos:
Image Image Image Image

Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [15-3] Thunder: Team is One | I'm home!

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Aargh. It's always nicer to win the trophy at home anyway. :)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 am

Yeah that game was thrown from the start :P
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 am

Tough loss, I agree with Phil though, it's better to win the title at your home turf.
mrmoves20

Game 7?! No freakin' way!

Postby Durant35 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 am

Thunder celebrates title at home, 136-110

phpBB [video]

In excitement, I forgot to capture the stats and summary. Sorry guys. XD)

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (51 PTS, 9 REB, 1 AST and 2 STL)
Thunder Down Under: Russell Westbrook (36 PTS, 6 REB and 15 AST)
Thunder Protector: Serge Ibaka (9 PTS, 10 REB - 3 OFF, 2 AST, 3 STL and 2 BLK)

CHESAPEAKE ENERGY ARENA - We're back to where it all started for the Thunder. The place where they grew as a team, as a community, memories and emotions. And now, a very different emotion was felt after the final buzzer of the final NBA game of the 2012-2013 NBA season. It was a mix of happiness and anger, well, for the Heat, they surely felt it.

The Thunder scored 136 points en route to the franchise's first NBA title in 5 years. Fans were excited and pumped up, as the Oklahoma City Thunder Forward Kevin Durant hoisted up the Larry O'Brien Trophy on the center of the whole stadium. "This is the product of our hard work. Like I said when I came here, hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." he stated.

"Man, I'm givin' y'all Jordans tomorrow!" shouted Westbrook as he was interviewed by the media. There were no traces of hatred or sadness in each players', coaches' or the fans' faces. Again, except the Heat. The entire team hugged the young Oklahoma City Thunder squad much like how the Thunder did it to them last year. Then, they went outta their ways and flew back to South Beach.

Kevin Durant was then called up, and was given the 2012-2013 NBA Finals MVP. KD averaged career playoff-highs 38.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 4.7 APG and 1.3 BPG while still shooting 50-40-90. He had 51.7% FG, 41.7 FG and an astounding 98.2% FTG. "I wanna thank all my fans for your support and it gave us the championship we always wanted." said the Durantula. He then quickly ran to his family, tears in his eyes, and hugged them.

Photos:
Image Image
Image Image

Dethrone the Miami Heat.
✓ Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant should make the All-Star Teams.
✓ Durant should claim his 4th consecutive scoring title and an MVP award.
✓ Westbrook finishes the season better than his stats in the '11-'12 NBA season.
X At the end of the season, the big three should make the All-NBA Teams.
X Ibaka should lead the league in blocks.
X Ibaka should average a double-double.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thunder dominates Game 1 versus Clippers
OKC fights and takes Game 2 over Clips
Thunder overcomes deficit, lead 3-0
Westbrook, Thunder sweeps Clippers

Westbrook provides hot hand in win over Wolves
Durant's triple-double leads Thunder past Minnesota
Thunder powers through Wolves
Thunder, Durant takes out their brooms, sweeps Wolves

Thunder wins thriller versus Lakers
Lakers answer back to Thunder
Westbrooks powers through
Durant fuels Thunder, lead series 3-1
Durant and Westbrook each with 40, finishes Lakers

Thunder dominate Heat in Finals opener
Thunder falter to Heat
Thunder bounce back with KD's 44
A Thunderous fourth leads OKC to W
Heat force Game 6 with W over OKC
Thunder win title, Durant Finals MVP
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [16-3] Thunder: Team is One | GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 am

Congrats man! Those were some killer stats put up by Durant in the playoffs!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mrmoves20 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

That's classic right there. Payback to the Heat, even more bitter I think than last year's OKC loss. BTW, congrats dude! Durant was awesome!
mrmoves20

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

Larry O'Brien Trophy Awarding

Image Image Image

Well, it has really been an entertaining year for the NBA Champion Oklahoma City Thunder. They won the best record with 63-19, KD got the MVP and they won the NBA Finals by dethroning their arch-nemesis Miami Heat. Durant has had stellar seasons, but this was clearly on the top. We also saw Westbrook mature and make the right decisions. The bench also changed during the whole season. Sophomore Guard Reggie Jackson and Eric Maynor were both traded, along with Daniel Orton and DeAndre Liggins.

Kendrick Perkins is also a topic, as we will see him on the trade block during the off-season. The Thunder are clearly ready for an overhaul to improve their game from last year. The rookies were spectacular and boring at the same time, due to the fact that they haven't adjusted to the NBA level yet, but we have seen potential.

Click the pic!

Durant35

2013-2014 NBA Off-season

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 am

2013 Retirees and Inductees

Image Image Image

Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am

NBA Off-Season

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Lottery:

- No Lottery Pick -

Projected Pick (TOR): 15-20
Projected Pick (DAL): 5-10
Projected Pick (OKC): 28-30
Projected Pick (CHA): 42-50

Actual Pick (TOR): 16 (CONDITIONAL)
Actual Pick (DAL): 10 (CONDITIONAL)
Actual Pick (OKC): 30
Actual Pick (CHA): 47

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-2014 NBA Oklahoma City Thunder Transactions:

- Thunder Assistant Coach Maurice Cheeks gets extension for 3yrs/$500k.
- Thunder fire NBA Scout Gary Reed. Replaced by Kurt Stevenson for a 3yr/$2.00M deal.
- Thunder fire Prospect Scout Dean Hamilton, hire Leroy Witt (3yrs/$1.00M) and Frank Fuller (3yrs/$1.00M).

Oklahoma City Thunder Team Options: None

- Cleveland accepts Irving's 2 Years, Team Option
- Andre Iguodala declines Denver in Player Option
- Ellis stays in Utah with Player Option
- Houston ties with Parson, 2 Years, Team Option
- O.J. Mayo locks Dallas in Player Option.
- DeMarcus Cousins in Chi-Town Team Option

Qualifying Offers:

Toney Douglas: 1yr/$3.10M
Nolan Smith: 1yr/$2.02M

Free Agents:

Kevin Martin (Expired, Likely to resign) (Offer: 3yrs/$15.60M, Player Option, "Yes" No trade clause)
Nolan Smith (Expired, Test FA)
Toney Douglas (Expired, 50-50 chance) (Offer: 2yrs/$3.44M)

Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 am

Good job taking that trophy. You going to continue this story? Would be cool to watch how you can defend it or not.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm planning to make this a dynasty. Hopefully it can run for about 4-5 seasons.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [0-0] Thunder: Team is One | Off-Season

Postby Durant35 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Your thoughts?
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Martti. on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Doesn't make sense for the Clippers. Trading two great young guys and a first round pick for two 35-year olds and a nutcase.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Durant35 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Jordan and Bledsoe only play for about 18 mins. per game in my association and somehow inefficient. They're both on the trade block. The Magic on the other hand, can get Hedo's contract off and get two defensive centers in the league. I could also give the Clippers Jameer Nelson instead of Hedo.

The original trade was Jordan and the 18th pick for my three players and 30th pick though, but that would be just absurd. Martin obviously played a vital role for me during the playoffs.

EDIT:
On second thought, Click this.

Anybody have their suggestions? Also, I'm still taking applications for the NLSC 2014 Draft Class!

Form:

Code: Select all
Name:
Birthday:
Position:
Play Style:
College:
Play Types:
Height and Weight:

Deserved Rating: (Explain why you deserve that rating, it will affect your potential and your range in the draft.)

Strengths[3]:
Weaknesses[3]:

Miscellaneous: (Skin Tone, Face Type, Face Base, Shot Base, Form and other necessary things.)
Click the pic!

Durant35

Prospect Impressions Pt.I

Postby Durant35 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Draft Prospects: First Impressions

Archie Goodwin:

NBA Comparison: Poor Man's Dwyane Wade
Times scouted: 4
Impression: Measuring 6' foot 5", don't ever take this college kid small. He has a 6'10" wingspan, and is a good finisher around the rim. He can be used as a scorer off the bench if he gets drafted by the Oklahoma City Thunder. He needs to work on his turnovers though, after averaging 3.2 TOPG during college. The same could be said for his defensive awareness. Consistency is also a problem for this young man.

C.J. Leslie

NBA Comparison: Jeff Green
Times scouted: 2
Impression: A tall, lanky player. Has above average ball handling skills that help him create shots a bit for himself. Needs to work on adding some muscles though. But his height makes up for it, as it leads to rebounds and putbacks. Can become a low-post threat if used right. Overconfidence can get the better of him as he sometimes tries to liven the crowd too much.

Doug McDermott

NBA Comparison: Poor Man's Shorter Dirk Nowitzki
Times scouted: 2
Impression: Probably the most efficient scorer in this draft class, the 6' foot 8" power forward of Creighton has become a nightmare match-up for classic 4 players. He's an inside-outside threat, a great rebounder and is extremely good at shooting the ball. He has shot over 56.3% from the floor and posted up a 51.6% percentage beyond the arc, and has an 86.3% for free-throws. Only question is, can he survive in the NBA?

Isaiah Austin

NBA Comparison: Tiago Splitter
Times scouted: 1
Impression: One of the tallest bigmen in this draft pool. Has the mobility of a forward while rebounding a lot like a center. An inside-threat because he can pretty much shoot from 5-10 feet away from the rim and finish with authority. He also has a reaching vertical of 9'3", that is seen once in a while. But he needs to work on his free throws.

Click the pic!

Durant35

Prospect Impressions Pt.II

Postby Durant35 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:10 am

Draft Prospects: First Impressions

Myck Kabongo:

NBA Comparison: Royal Ivey
Impression: A generic Point Guard.

Rudy Gobert:

NBA Comparison: Hasheem Thabeet
Impression: This tall guy can certainly finish. And the bonus? Oh my, he rarely commits fouls. If he can do that in the NBA, he can potentially become a starter immediately. He is also a fine rebounder but needs to add a bit more strength to his skinny frame.

C.J. McCollum:

NBA Comparison: Brandon Knight
Impression: He can definitely shoot. His polished skills can already contribute to the NBA level. He posted 50% or over during his tenure in college. Approximately 60% of his shots come from the perimeter and he makes it with ease. He can also create a shot for himself and leave the defense scrambling. Definitely the point guard people want.

Patric Young:

NBA Comparison: Paul Millsap
Impression: Defined by his strength, this undersized power forward should not be taken lightly. He believes all misses are his, and grabs 7.3 of them. He also has an above average agility despite his 245 lbs w eight. A defensive presence on the court. Despite all of these, his offense is clearly raw.

Mason Plumlee:

NBA Comparison: Serge Ibaka/Tyson Chandler
Impression: A long, athletic 4. He provides shot blocking and rebounding on the defensive end, whilst explosiveness on the other side. A great passer in the post, and has good fundamental skills. He can play the Pick 'N Roll, or face up in the post. He needs some muscle though, as he can get pushed around if he's facing big men taller and bigger than him.

Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [0-0] Thunder: Team is One | Draft Prospects

Postby Pitar on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

This turned out similar to the 12-13 season I simulated before starting my Seattle story: 7 game Thunder-Heat epic.

Wish you luck with your 13-14 season. Actually, that's not quite right. I hope it's eventful and full of tough stretches! Would be interesting to see Thunder/Heat in the finals again and turn it into a rivalry for the ages, but I'm also hoping for some new contenders to emerge to mix things up a bit!
Pitar

Re: [0-0] Thunder: Team is One | Draft Prospects

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 am

Hmmm I dunno abou the trade. I doubt the Magic would move Vucci for that package especially when Hedo can be brought out this season or left to exprire for the 2014 offseason. Keep in mind Orlando aren't that cheap a team with Rich Devos as owner.

I do like sending Bledsoe to Orlando, but Perk is just a rotten contract that wouldn't fit on their team and Vucci is preferable to the dim witted Jordan. Also I think the Clippers pick would have to be going to Orlando and your pick to the Clippers. You are the clear winner in that trade turning Perk and stuff into a starting Cener for the future that would be perfect next to Ibaka :D
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood