Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 am

:lol: Awesome.

KOBE4COTY
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Bruce on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

shadowgrin wrote::lol: Awesome.

KOBE4COTY

why not MIP as well for his improvement in passing.

Andrew wrote:Westbrook's poor night from the field certainly helped out a little, but a great win for the Lakers. Still a long road ahead of them, though.

agreed, the Thunder had a tough road schedule. But of course before the game, I was preparing myself for the possibility that they get demolished by the Thunder after what was a good win in utah.

Hope this great passing run continues for Kobe, something in the back of my mind tells me this new found love for passing lasts only until the next game where he can't connect on a few passes and gets frustrated or until the all-star game where he tries to 1-up every other player and try to dump a ton of pts just to prove himself.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm

His first three passes were turnovers, he seemed frustrated but kept looking for others. I hope he keeps it up.
Jackal

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

We lost to the SUns. We are now a dismal 5-16 in the road. This is team's playoffs chances are diminishing right now. I hope they can bounce back next time.
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 am

Even though it gets more precarious with each loss, making the Playoffs is still feasible. There are a few teams immediately ahead of the Lakers in the West who could fade down the stretch, leaving the door open for them to make a solid run and get into the postseason. However, even if they get there, I would suggest that their run ends in the first round.

As a low seed they won't have home court advantage, certainly an issue given their record on the road this year. They'll obviously also be facing one of the top teams in the West, all of whom have point guards that present a big problem for Steve Nash. I don't know how long you can have Kobe guard them either, since he'll be expending a lot of energy chasing them around, which is going to start affecting his performance at the offensive end. I think they're good enough and have enough talent to avoid being swept, taking a win at home, but they're probably out in five in the first round if they do rally to make the Playoffs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 pm

We'll take care of that later. The goal right now is to rack up some wins. :crazyeyes:
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Bruce on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

1-pt win over the pistons.I was thinking before the game that stuckey would try to take many bad shots and cost them the game, but instead the two teams matched up well. So has it come to this? The Lakers are about as good as the pistons team trying to rebuild? haha.I was expecting Drummond to be unstoppable from off the bench since the Lakers doesn't have much to throw against him, but instead it was Will Bynum who bolstered the bench. And we see again that 3rd qtr collapse.

With how thin the Lakers front court has gotten as of late, I am glad that they could still win this one.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 am

Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 am

He does good work. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bruce on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

wow, the Lakers sweeps the regular series against the nets, AKA one of Dwight's target destination last off season.

And... back again is Kobe the volume shooter, will this change again when Dwight plays again?

Pau might have been hurt though, whether it's serious is still unknown.

and so the Lakers' drama continues...
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby graybakflip on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm

wow, maybe the basketball gods decided that they had too much success(and Celts).

pau might be out at least 6 weeks
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/06/gasol-injury-latest-setback-to-lakers/?ls=iref:nbahpt6f
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Jackal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah, tough seeing the shorthanded (Dwight, Ron, in the closing minutes Gasol) Lakers beat the fully healthy Nets team without Avery Johnson.
Jackal

Postby graybakflip on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:03 pm

yep, no doubt that was a good win for your team, but too bad pau might not even help the "8th-seed-playoff-run", sad to hear that tho. But hey, look at the bright side, this might open-up the rooster, and "inspire" them, you just don't know, hoping to see them play in the post season.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm

From Woj: Partners in time? Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard were both right to be skeptical of their union

When Bryant and Howard hung up on a pre-trade deadline call a year ago, the suspicions of a toxic mix were confirmed with a most uncomfortable conversation. They had different visions on the way Howard would fit into the Lakers, which promised to compound the gulf between them as people. They were going to win with the Lakers and tolerate each other; or lose and develop a deep disdain.

On his way out of the Garden, out of a humiliating 116-95 loss to the Boston Celtics, Bryant returned a clichéd question – "Are Dwight and you on the same page?" – without a clichéd response.
With a bemused face and a shrug, Bryant told Yahoo! Sports: "What page is there to be on? Defend. Rebound…"

He shrugged again.

"I mean, what else is on the page?"

Truth be told, the Lakers are in deep, deep trouble – 3½ games back of the eighth spot in the Western Conference. They've lost Pau Gasol for several weeks and could be completely out of the playoff chase once he returns to the floor. Howard was out of synch in his return, fouling out in 28 minutes with little, if no, impact on the game.

More and more, it's become clear that Howard won't be his dominant self this season. The torn labrum could need surgery this summer, a league source said, and Howard couldn't even guarantee he'd feel strong enough to play in Charlotte on Friday night. From a herniated disk in his back to the torn labrum, from the pressures inside and outside the organization to get back on the floor, Howard has been reduced to a shell of himself.

Summing it up in a paragraph:

Part of the problem of Howard's clowning act is that people don't take him seriously in times of crisis. It's easier to doubt his toughness, tenacity, when they're watching him grab the microphone to do impressions on team charters or booming farts in the locker room. Bryant never wanted Howard's disposition to rule the day in the Lakers' locker room, never wanted his own culture of seriousness and duty to be undermined with the frivolity that comes with Howard.

A quick Google search reveals that yes, that is a thing with Dwight Howard.

phpBB [video]

Alrighty then.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 am

That's a thing with a lot of clowns.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 am

Jackal

Postby dare on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 am

He keeps whining on his injuries while Kobe Bryant has played two years full of injuries and even won a championship.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 am

No, I believe him about his injuries, it's just that on the offensive end he's such a clutz. He has no back to the basket or face up game, he just sort of bang-bang flips it up there hoping to be bailed out by a ref or goes bang-bang-stripped and then looks at the ref. He's not very good at catching passes from P&R's and can't pass that well either.

Dick move by the assclown to make it a point to say "he's been cleared for a while now", if the guy says he can't play, he can't play. That's the problem with D'Antoni, he does nothing to want you to respect him. He's a prick and a dumb ass.
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:54 am

I like how people think it's easy to recover from a back injury just because Bruce Wayne did it within 6 months in Rises.
See Bird and T-Mac.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

I admire how fast he came back, the bulging disc thing sounds like it's scary as hell, maybe he would have been better off taking his time like Bynum did. Then again it's LA, good luck with that one.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm

dare wrote:He keeps whining on his injuries while Kobe Bryant has played two years full of injuries and even won a championship.

Lol. Full of injuries. Wade went through more and yet cried less than Kobe.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby stereoxide on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 pm

NovU wrote:
dare wrote:He keeps whining on his injuries while Kobe Bryant has played two years full of injuries and even won a championship.

Lol. Full of injuries. Wade went through more and yet cried less than Kobe.

phpBB [video]

Show me that Kobe has two instances of crying through an injury. :lol:
stereoxide

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:51 am

stereoxide wrote:Show me that Kobe has two instances of crying through an injury. :lol:

:shake: that's not the point. Those so called injury that Kobe suffered were minors. All those Kobe bandage on arms, pinkie news, getting massage during half time, having a cold are playing through full of injuries? Gimme a break. Howard having those injuries wouldn't even make news. Howard and Gasol has more severe injury that they're dealing with.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Bruce on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 am

NovU wrote:
stereoxide wrote:Show me that Kobe has two instances of crying through an injury. :lol:

:shake: that's not the point. Those so called injury that Kobe suffered were minors. All those Kobe bandage on arms, pinkie news, getting massage during half time, having a cold are playing through full of injuries? Gimme a break. Howard having those injuries wouldn't even make news. Howard and Gasol has more severe injury that they're dealing with.

i think though that the only reason that people are saying that howard is crying through this one is because of the criticality of having howard play already when he has been cleared to play. how hurt was kobe with his injuries is anybody's guess, but i have never heard of kobe not playing when he is cleared to play. rather we have seen kobe play even when the conditioning staff is practically going on record begging him to rest.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby NovU on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 am

I like how you guys are making a Kobe myth once again. Kobe scored 81 with torn ACL. Kobe won a championship with flu and HIV. Beats Jordumb and Magic.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball