NCAA 2K13 v2.0! Names, Finally!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NCAA 2K13 v1.0! Ratings & Tendencies by johnbuckeyefan!

Postby iamLillard on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 am

JaoSming wrote:I dont understand you guys at all. The mod is released. Mostly accurate uniforms, appearances, and courts, with ratings and tendencies. Missing names because it is too big of a pain than to simply wait out the REDitor, AND it doesn't overwrite anything.

If you are unhappy, wait for BehindShadows' version that is being based off this with his gang of CF makers and such who didn't want to send me stuff leading to the no-CF release. But seriously, all the time and effort put into this so we could play with NCAA teams just weeks after release, nevermind a classifiable accurate release to the best of our current abilities, and to say that the mod isn't released? :shake: for shame.

Ok thats enogh for me, I decided to help with... what i can do... I tryd to do a better arena for Oregon ... I seen in many youtube videos there is a floor but far away from the real.. I know even this is far away from real and a litle bug on it, this is a litle still better...so here are the previews (what do u think?) If someone can improve i share the floor with him before release PM me :
iamLillard

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 am

i love it
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby iamLillard on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am

JaoSming wrote:i love it

Yeah Thank U buddy, baseline wordmark still needs to be improved. Also want to resolve that bug over the "wood" word.
iamLillard

Postby Behindshadows on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 am

Isn't that the same court Mythbuster did for me......how and what did you do from scratch.....

Also JaoSming a few of the guys that have been working on files, are thinking about quitting and waiting on 2k14....Reditor still isn't out and they don't want to release stuff just for it to get overlooked or released time 2k14 comes out....Like the 2k12 mod was..............we might just cancel the full override mod....

Still waiting on the guys to confirm they are just waiting until next years game.
Live Life Don't Let Life Live You!
Behindshadows

Postby iamLillard on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:29 am

Behindshadows wrote:Isn't that the same court Mythbuster did for me......how and what did you do from scratch.....

Also JaoSming a few of the guys that have been working on files, are thinking about quitting and waiting on 2k14....Reditor still isn't out and they don't want to release stuff just for it to get overlooked or released time 2k14 comes out....Like the 2k12 mod was..............we might just cancel the full override mod....

Still waiting on the guys to confirm they are just waiting until next years game.

this in not Mythbusters floor. The floor what i used as base is Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum (1978-1992) form Franci27nba (2k12!). Hex edited the outof bound colour to match the inbound parquet colour, hexedited the free throw area and the lines, changed the floor, and the center design of the court + the baseline wordmarks.
Here is the original floor pic, and ofcours he let me to work with floors & re-release all his floor files:
iamLillard

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

Behindshadows wrote:Also JaoSming a few of the guys that have been working on files, are thinking about quitting and waiting on 2k14....Reditor still isn't out and they don't want to release stuff just for it to get overlooked or released time 2k14 comes out....Like the 2k12 mod was..............we might just cancel the full override mod....

why.

They don't need the REDitor to work on CFs, jerseys, or courts, and tbh, you shouldn't need the REDitor for more than a quick copy paste into a roster file if you work on a database now. but you guys do whatever you guys do. I did my part and johnbuckeyefan and basketball110 did a LOT of work to get this mod to the point where it is now.

Behindshadows wrote:Isn't that the same court Mythbuster did for me......how and what did you do from scratch.....

Why does this matter? Converting from the 2K12 and previous mods is what got this version done. Anything converted from previous versions, as long as it is released with the 2K13 version, shouldn't matter.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Fifedawg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 am

Somebody needs to step up and get the mod done. When REditor comes out it will be alot better but for now I still think it's very playable. I'm ready to do my part contributing to the mod. I think we can do this mod like the UBR was done and make it epic. Since johnbuckyefan has been doing the ratings & tendencies for current players i want to make my contribution by adding some old great College Teams. I have the data to do teams from last year back to the 78-79 season so let's not let this go!
Fifedawg

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 am

then do it, lol. I am all for all the help, and would have no problem compiling the mod if behindshadows and the others are bowing out.

but guys, seriously, what else needs to be "done". I mean, its names, but what about this is not v1.0?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Ballaboi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Fifedawg wrote:Somebody needs to step up and get the mod done. When REditor comes out it will be alot better but for now I still think it's very playable. I'm ready to do my part contributing to the mod. I think we can do this mod like the UBR was done and make it epic. Since johnbuckyefan has been doing the ratings & tendencies for current players i want to make my contribution by adding some old great College Teams. I have the data to do teams from last year back to the 78-79 season so let's not let this go!

I think that's a great idea!! Bring on the retro teams :D
Ballaboi

Postby BEAST10 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I agree, what's there really needed to be out into he database ??
Only thing is the names, team names, and that department. So why have we just sank the project and put it on super hold? I'm not to experienced with PC version but can't you basically do the majority of REDitor work with Leftos editor? CF's and all?
Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard!
BEAST10

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Player Names and Team Names are the two big things that need to wait, but yes, we can assign CFs and a lot of other information through Leftos' amazing Roster Editor.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby johnbuckeyefan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 am

Why do we completely restart every year? I know that modding is half the fun for a lot of guys, but why don't we just update the 2K12 game? We should just pick a game that has good gameplay/graphics and continue to update that game until it is completely outdated, then start over again. Since there isn't really much I can do other than roster editing, I'm going to work on an updated 2k12 roster if anyone is interested while we're waiting on 2k13
johnbuckeyefan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 am

stahp......seriously.

Just as much work goes into updating 2K12 as it does making 2K13. All ratings need to be redone because previous year players aren't the same players, and more times than not, players who get CFs done end up getting drafted. 2K has not drastically updated the art templates each year, so uniforms are a simple process of export/import into 2K13 files, and LITERALLY, we took 2K12 stadiums and floors and put them in 2K13 directly.

but you know what, I am done with defending a mod that I didn't even want to work on this year. If you guys are so unhappy with all this, then FIX IT or go away. If you want to play 2K12, go play 2K12, if you want to help, HELP. But all this "waiting on 2K13" "Somebody needs to step up and get the mod done" "thinking about quitting and waiting on 2k14" just blows my mind. Help, play and enjoy what is released, or just wait for Behindshadows and his group of people to decide what they want to do.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby johnbuckeyefan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:29 am

sorry Jao, I was just frustrated that we may not have the full version of the mod this year. I really appreciate what you did to convert everything over to '13. I think that the problem is most people want the players to have names - something that we can't do until the reditor comes out. The reason I suggested updating the 2K12 roster is because it has more teams (60+) and a good number of CF's that can be used for 13. Basically, if nothing else is going to be done to the "College Hoops 2k13" mod and the main patchers are going to wait for 2k14, I think more of the big college basketball fans would rather play a game with player names and twice as many teams - ie 2k12. Sorry things don't seem to be working out with this years game, I don't want to take anything away from the hard work you put in to have a playable 2k13 mod.

Also, do you have any idea when the reditor will be out? as this seems like it will determine how extensive the '13 mod will be. Thanks for your time

I would really love to help expand upon the current 2k13 mod, I have just never done CFs, courts, arenas, etc. before and I'm not really sure what everyone else is working on anyway. I'm good with rosters and excel, just not with photoshop
johnbuckeyefan
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 am

then do rosters & excel stuff for those other 30 teams (please in the format of the Leftos roster editor columns, not your own this time :wink: ) and we can get them added literally the day the REDitor releases. Again, courts are nothing, uniforms just take time to convert. CFs are a whole different beast, but there is no reason people can't work on them now (except Behindshadows telling people stop for his crew was going to work on them....or not, we dont know).

If you guys want to see something in this mod, just work on it. Do it, and I will include it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby kevpg1998 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 am

Why do the players have no /names? Just dots?
kevpg1998

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 am

we need the REDitor to properly replace all the names
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Behindshadows on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 am

We aren't canceling...talking to the guys now and we have so many faces done and we got more courts finished...so we are good....No cancellation...
Behindshadows

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am

good
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby .aristotle on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 am

not sure which courts are done right now, would like to help and create some courts and maybe more jersey's like my Michigan State ones.
.aristotle

Postby Pep on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 am

SonicBOOM aka iamLillard, o kurwa, that is sheedtastic. Good job.

Who wanna new Kansas "bleed out" jersey?

By the way why you Behindtheshadows and Jao not gonna to collaboration?
Last edited by Pep on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:30 am

.aristotle wrote:not sure which courts are done right now, would like to help and create some courts and maybe more jersey's like my Michigan State ones.

the first post has a list that needed to be done before I did quick jobs and the last 2K12 mod update, but if you load up the mod and compare to youtube/espn I think every court could use an update.

Pepis21 wrote:By the way why you Behindtheshadows and Jao not gonna to collaboration?

Differences in final visions mainly. He likes to change everything possible to the NCAA mod, I don't like overwriting original files that conflict with the normal NBA game or other mods. So, I won't do a global with NCAA accessories, crowd members, or logo files that overwrite NBA logos.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Behindshadows on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Pepis21 wrote:SonicBOOM aka iamLillard, o kurwa, that is sheedtastic. Good job.

Who wanna new Kansas "bleed out" jersey?

By the way why you Behindtheshadows and Jao not gonna to collaboration?

Yes what he said!!!lol

I like to have a completely different game with complete art overwrite....so that is one reason. I would love to collaborate, but again different visions but same objectives....

Pepis21 I hope you got my email a few months back about starting this project....Your Jersey work was the best ever, I hope we can continue that this season.
Behindshadows

Postby .aristotle on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 pm

JaoSming wrote:
.aristotle wrote:not sure which courts are done right now, would like to help and create some courts and maybe more jersey's like my Michigan State ones.

the first post has a list that needed to be done before I did quick jobs and the last 2K12 mod update, but if you load up the mod and compare to youtube/espn I think every court could use an update.

Yea I saw that, but behindshadows was saying how him and his people had already done a bunch. I didnt want to create anything if it's been made already, just trying to save time.
.aristotle

Postby Phreezy P on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm

How did the UNC court get a closer 3pt line, is is an optical illusion?

And is there any chance someone could add UConn as a legend team and UCLA?
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding