[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:42 am

Scores per quarter can't be calculated, and that's why they haven't been included so far. Even if I included them as part of the box score, you'd still have to manually enter them.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 am

I should have figured that if they weren't in there it's because you can't do it. Everything else is in there...lol
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 am

v1.5.1.3 Beta released!

- Improvement: Tool now supports importing from REDitor after a team's been renamed (e.g. renaming the Kings to Supersonics between imports will not cause any problems anymore)
- Fix: Fixed crash introduced in v1.5.1.2 that would crash the tool when going to Team Overview in a multi-season database and trying to view a team
- Fix: When starting a new season, the name given to the season by the user would be left unused, using just the season number instead
- Fix: Fixed crash when saving a player in Player Overview

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 am

v1.6 Beta released!
- Addition: Added detailed injuries information; you can now set injury type (including custom injury names other than the ones included by default), and an exact or approximate return timeframe

NOTE: Latest version available is v1.6.0.1 that contains a quick bugfix on v1.6

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:03 am

v1.6.1 released!

- Addition: User will be informed of updated injury statuses whenever importing using REDitor

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 pm

As noted in the update notification message, I'm constantly releasing updates as bugs are being discovered and fixed. Big thanks go to everyone that has helped recently, including albidnis and Pitar.

Latest version as of this post is v1.6.2.3. If you want to know what's new and what's fixed in each version, you can always check the "What's New.txt" file in the folder NBA Stats Tracker is installed to.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 am

Can't wait to check these out..
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 am

I was thinking, how much information do you want to be able to export back into your save? Right now, NST only updates Player Stats in the saves, and that's only if you disable "Only Export/Update Team Stats", which is on by default. Would you like to be able to edit, say, injuries, height & weight, contracts, and pretty much everything that's being imported? Or should that be left to manual user edits only via REDitor and the game itself?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 am

Hey Leftos.. I got an error with the new NST:

I went back to the last version so that I can keep playing. On your question I would like to see how easy you can make editing on NST
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce this error? As in, what you were doing when it happened?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 am

- Started my game
- alt-tab to reditor (export CSV)
- Open NST, Open DB
- Error when I hit import
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 am

Can you provide the database and save that are causing the crash?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 am

ok I just finished a game and imported back into my assoc and everything went well with 1.5.1. I will reinstall and see if I get another error then send you the files if I do. (I made backups, just in case...lol)
albidnis

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 am

ok I got the error again with v.1623 here are my DB and Assoc files...

http://www.rnffl.com/alb_db.tst

http://www.rnffl.com/alb_assoc.FXG
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 am

I found the bug. I'll try to fix it ASAP. Try not using your database until then, there's some corruption that I'll make sure is fixed and you'll be able to use it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 am

Take your time man, you are doing this for free. I hope I am not harassing you, just trying to help.
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 am

No, there was actually a big bad bug that saved some Player Box Scores incorrectly, so that's why you were getting those error messages. Download v1.6.2.4 of NST, and a fixed copy of your database from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hlaodc9lnuwsnhj.

I couldn't salvage your own players' stats from 2 of the Box Scores (GameIDs 2 & 6, you can check which these are in League Overview > Box Scores), so some analysis features based on all the player stats being in the box scores might not work right unless you re-enter them by opening them via Team Overview > Kings > Box Scores, going to the Kings tab, and entering the player stats.

Don't worry though, hopefully this corruption will never happen again. Both your database (the one I provided) and your save should be fine with v1.6.2.4, and you will only be missing some of the analysis features if you don't re-enter your players' stats from those 2 games. All Team and Player Stats outside of box scores should be perfect, and you can keep on using NST like you normally do with the fixed database file I provided in this post.

Sorry for the trouble. Hope this doesn't happen again, the latest version of NST should make sure of that, I hope.

Everyone, PLEASE do not use older versions of NBA Stats Tracker. If your database is crashing with any of the latest versions, please tell me first. Continuing on using your database with older versions that lack so many of the bug-fixes that have been done since then may cause corruption to your database that may not be repairable.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 am

So I used a backup of the DB with a previous version of NST and that worked fine. Can't I now just try to install the new NST without the DB
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

I recommend using the DB I provided in my previous post with the latest version of NST. "Working fine" doesn't mean there aren't bugs afflicting your DB without you knowing.

If you progressed that backup of the DB and the one I sent you is now older, give me your most current DB so that I can attempt to do the same fixes, so that you can use the latest version of NST with it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

v1.6.2.5 released, so here's the most recent part of the change-log that I haven't posted here.

v1.6.2.5 Beta
- Fix: Fixed crash related to using team points criteria in the Advanced Stats Calculator
- Fix: Fixed crash in some occurrences when calculating metrics in leagues where the active teams' IDs weren't continuous from 0 to 29

v1.6.2.4 Beta
- Fix: Fixed bug that would cause some of the Player Box Scores to be saved incorrectly in some rare occurrences

v1.6.2.3 Beta
- Fix: Fixed crash when trying to view a metric stats tab in the Box Score window when manually updating the database with a box score
- Fix: Fixed crash when resetting team stats
- Fix: Fixed player stats being reset accidentally because of the DNP flag being selected while the player had played more than 0 minutes when changing tabs in the Box Score window

v1.6.2.2 Beta
- Fix: Fixed recent bug that had broken the manual Add Players feature

v1.6.2.1 Beta
- Improvement: Small update to the approximate injury durations

v1.6.2 Beta
- Improvement: Improved stats filtering for League Leaders (both NBA-based and Custom rules)
- Addition: Player Facts in Player Overview's Scouting Report will now note metric stats' rankings in the "Against Leaders" sections as well

v1.6.1.2 Beta
- Fix: Fixed crash when trying to view a player with past stats added in Player Overview

v1.6.1.1 Beta
- Fix: Fixed another case where the Injured checkbox in Player Overview wouldn't update properly after setting/unsetting an injury

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks to Pitar and his extensive suggestions and reports, I've done quite some work on squashing bugs and improving things around the tool. Latest version now is v1.6.4, which features a much improved Advanced Stats Calculator, and better performance all around the program.

Check out Pitar's Seattle SuperSonics story which uses NBA Stats Tracker!

Here's the full changelog since the last post:
v1.6.4 Beta
- Improvement: Player metrics in Advanced Stats Calculator are no longer calculated based on the team the player is currently in, but rather by the total team performances in the games the player participated
- Fix: Fixed various scenarios that would cause the tool to crash when using Advanced Stats Calculator
- Improvement: Advanced Stats Calculator highlights the players and teams used as part of the filtering
- Addition: Added Show All option in Advanced Stats Calculator, which calculates all the player and team stats based on the available box scores, using the player metrics calculation method implemented in this release
- Improvement: Optimized League Notables calculation speed, which in turn should decrease the delay when opening a database
- Fix: Fixed some cases where a player in League Leaders or Notables would have 0 points per game due to incorrect criteria on the calculation
- Fix: Fixed some stats showing up as NaN in League Notables
- Improvement: Transitioned to an optimized implementation of the code that reads any information from the database, which should improve the performance of the program all around

v1.6.3.3 Beta
- Fix: Recommended 2K Ratings table wouldn't copy its headers
- Fix: Fixed Bench situational showing nothing in cases where the team didn't have enough players available for one or more positions that weren't also in the recommended Starters situational

v1.6.3.2 Beta
- Fix: Minutes was missing as a parameter from the choices available in Advanced Stats Calculator

v1.6.3.1 Beta
- Fix: Fixed Player Stats (Unmet Criteria) tab in Advanced Stats Calculator not having metric stats calculated for it

v1.6.3 Beta
- Addition: Added Player Metric Stats to results of Advanced Stats Calculator
- Improvement: Divided the columns of the search results in Advanced Stats Calculator and Advanced Player Search into categories
- Fix: Fixed Close button in Advanced Stats Calculator doing nothing
- Fix: Fixed another bug which in some occurrences when calculating metrics in leagues where the active teams' IDs weren't continuous from 0 to 29 would cause the application to crash

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 am

v1.7 Beta released!

- Addition: Added "Only show injured players" option in Injuries & Contracts tab of League Overview
- Improvement: Sorting by a column displaying the Team of a player will now place active players above inactive ones (i.e. free agents) when doing an ascending sort, and vice-versa when doing a descending sort
- Addition: Opponent Stats added as parameters when filtering by team in Advanced Stats Calculator
- Addition: Shooting percentages added as parameters in Advanced Stats Calculator
- Addition: Can now save Advanced Stats Calculator filters for later use
- Fix: Teams and Players will be highlighted in the Unmet Criteria tabs of Advanced Stats Calculator as well
- Fix: Fixed using Advanced Stats Calculator causing the tool to crash after closing the window and trying to use most other features
- Addition: Added Team Information tab in League Overview, showing the player count per position and total contracts per year
- Addition: Added team & player split stats against opponents with a record better or equal to .500, and against those with a record worse than .500
- Addition: Added Division & Conference records in the Team Stats tab in League Overview
- Addition: Can now also compare a statistic against another instead of a value in Advanced Stats Calculator
- Addition: Added Opponent Stats & Box Scores tabs to Advanced Stats Calculator

phpBB [video]

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm

v1.7.1 Beta released!

- Addition: Added "Exclude Option Years" option in Advanced Player Search, which makes sure any contract years included in the contract option aren't considered when filtering by contract years remaining
- Improvement: Contract messages after a REDitor import will distinguish between clear contract years and option years
- Fix: Fixed crash when saving a database that couldn't have its player rankings calculated
- Improvement: "League News" window after a REDitor import now has information clearly separated into League Transactions and Injury Updates

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Pitar on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Great work per usual Leftos. I laughed seeing that you used my association database to showcase the advanced stats tool. I hadn't looked that closely at the Pistons yet--even though the team is doing really well Iggy hasn't found his place yet in the teams offence. Curious!

I may add conf/div records to my standings now that you've added them to the team stats tab. I couldn't be bothered typing them out! Have you thought about a separate tab for standings altogether? I wonder if the team stats tab would make a standings tab obsolete, but they're not really the same thing.
Pitar

Postby Leftos on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 am

v1.8 Beta
- Addition: Added Last 10 Games split stats to Team and Player Overview
- Addition: Added Last 10 Games record for teams in League Overview
- Addition: Added current streak for teams in League Overview
- Fix: Fixed crash when sorting teams by name in non-player-related tables
- Fix: Fixed crash when trying to compare two players in the Head-To-Head tab of Player Overview
- Addition: When an update is available, you will be able to download and install it directly from inside NBA Stats Tracker

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding