OK, this is embarrassing

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

OK, this is embarrassing

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 //

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

// RESERVED //
kibaxx7
炭治郎

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 //

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

// RESERVED //
kibaxx7
炭治郎

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 //

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

// RESERVED //
kibaxx7
炭治郎

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 //

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 pm

// RESERVED //
kibaxx7
炭治郎

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 //

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 pm

// RESERVED //
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // S1: The Beginning

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Grizz are a nice team Looking forward to seeing how you go with them. Will you look to trade Gay or Zbo?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Khanwarrior on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 am

Nice to see a Grizz dynasty, hope you keep the core of Conley, Gay, Zbo and Gasol. I really like Gasol but he never has that breakthrough season. Anyways good luck. :P
Khanwarrior

Postby mp3 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Shame that team just traded away big MO and Ellington but hey they aint stars.

Good luck with the Grizzlies brother!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 pm

mm Memphis huh? Love their big men duo of Gasol and Z-Bo, hope this ones good! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // The Story So Far...

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 am

MEMPHIS, Tennessee // The Memphis Grizzlies announced today that the sale of the team to a group led by Robert J. Pera has been formally completed. Pera, founder and CEO of Ubiquiti Networks -- a publicly-traded next-generation communications technology company -- has officially assumed control of the organization. “The Grizzlies are here to stay in Memphis,” Pera said. “We are thrilled to assume ownership of them. We see enormous potential and understand the role this team plays in bringing the members of this city together. We are committed to building a winning team with a best-in-class organizational culture and making a positive and meaningful difference in the community and our fans.”

“Owning the Grizzlies has been one of the most rewarding business endeavors of my career,” former owner Michael Heisley said. “I am confident that the franchise will continue its development toward being a perennial championship contender and an important part of the community of this state. I am particularly gratified that we have put together a team which is poised to continue its improvement. Although my time as owner has come to a close, I will continue to support this franchise that will always hold a special place in my heart.”

MEMPHIS, Tennessee // The fans of the Memphis Grizzlies have dealt with a lot of different emotions over the past decade. There was optimism when Jerry West was hired as President of Basketball Operations, Hubie Brown turned the franchise around and the team started making the playoffs. Even after Hubie’s departure and the hiring of Mike Fratello, the city was excited that the organization might one day go from playoff seeds to solid contenders. That dream faded however as the team was swept in three playoffs appearances in a row. West retired, Fratello was fired and the team transformed into lottery participants, returning to the bottom of the league just as they had been when the team moved from Vancouver. Then came Zach Randolph and success under Lionel Hollins. The city made national news for their passion. Heisley asked for three years to turn things around -- and turn them around he did; but never has there been more anticipation than this year.

And why shouldn’t there be? The Grizzlies brought back the entire core that finished tied for the 3rd best record on the conference despite losing Randolph for more than half the season and Darrell Arthur for the entire year. Sure -- O.J. Mayo is gone, but Jerryd Bayless, Quincy Pondexter, Marreese Speights and rookie Tony Wroten are expected to do more than just fill that gap. Z-Bo is back in shape, Rudy Gay seems ready to assume the mantle of superstar status and Mike Conley has bulked up. Plus, the team is now owned by locals as much if not more than new owner Robert Pera, along with other Memphians like Justin Timberlake, Penny Hardaway and Duncan Williams, among others. This is for the first time Memphis’s team in a very real sense -- the team is confident and stronger than before, and they want people talking about how far they can go. They can make the league take notice... that is something that will really get the fans fired up.

October 31, 2012 ♦ The L.A. Clippers ended the Grizzlies' 2011-12 season with a gritty win in Game 7 of the Western Conference quarterfinals; they began this season the same way. With another solid defensive performance, and instant offense from their bench, the Clippers converted 21 turnovers into 29 points in a 101-92 win that extended Memphis' NBA-record streak of opening-night losses to 12.
    November 1, 2012 ♦ The Memphis Grizzlies exercised the fourth-year contract option on Quincy Pondexter, Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace announced today. Pondexter now is signed through the 2013-14 season. Selected 26th overall in the 2010 NBA Draft by New Orleans, Pondexter is in his third season out of Washington, holding career averages of 4.1 points and 1.8 rebounds in 15.0 minutes.
    November 5, 2012 ♦ The Grizzlies had their new chairman and boss sitting at midcourt for the home opener; plus a nice big crowd... talking about pressure. The Grizzlies wanted to make a good impression all around, and that's what they did. Zach Randolph finished with 16 points and 18 rebounds and Marc Gasol added 22 points as Memphis capped a day of celebration by beating the Utah Jazz 103-94, for their first winning streak of the season. Coach Lionel Hollins credited the bench for their 26 points and energizing the starters.
    November 15, 2012Rudy Gay scored a season-high 28 points and Randolph added 20 points and 11 rebounds (before getting ejected) as the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Thunder 107-97, continuing the best start in franchise history at 6-1, with solid victories over Golden State, Utah, Milwaukee, Houston and Miami. Where does this leave the Grizzlies? Are we getting ahead of ourselves in saying that they're a title contender with just seven games in? This game was a true look as to what this unit is capable of.
    November 29, 2012 ♦ This term, a lot of people expected big things out of the Grizzlies, but anyone who said they expected to be tied at the top of the West after one month is lying. With an 11-2 record, this team can score and move the basketball better than Grizzlies teams have in years. The whole team seems to be coming together, centering around a bench that actually scores. The fans have stuck with this group through thick and thin, and now they’re being taken seriously, winning five of their last six matchups -- with New York and the L.A. Lakers among their victims.
    December 3, 2012 ♦ The NBA today announced Grizzlies coach Hollins as the Western Conference Coach of the Month for games played in October and November. The Grizzlies finished 12-1 in the month of November alone, marking the highest winning percentage in a calendar month in franchise history (.923) and the club’s most victories ever in the opening month of the season. In the span of a week, Memphis recorded double-digit victories over both teams that made the 2012 NBA Finals, Miami and Oklahoma City, as well as the NBA’s last unbeaten team this season, New York.
    December 13, 2012 ♦ According to The Commercial Appeal, the Grizzlies have hired ESPN analyst John Hollinger as the new vice-president of basketball operations. Hollinger developed the Player Efficiency Rating (PER) stat, which attempts to take all of a player's contributions to a game and boil them down to a single number. Clearly, the new ownership group is taking advanced statistics very seriously -- that can only be a good thing.
    December 21, 2012Tony Allen is solidifying his status as one of the NBA's premier defenders. Former teammate O.J. Mayo already knew that, but got a firsthand look at what Allen can do in Memphis' 92-82 victory over the Dallas Mavericks. Mayo managed only a free throw in the first half, ending the night shooting 3-of-11 from the field and scoring only 10 points. The Grizzlies won their fourth game in a row for a 18-6 record.
    January 7, 2013 ♦ With the trade deadline looming, the rumors start flying around -- the newest being that the Boston Celtics, Washington Wizards and Charlotte Bobcats are highly interested in Gay. Other teams, like Phoenix and Toronto, have been interested for more than a year. No one would be surprised if the Grizzlies, trying to cut their luxury tax, end up dealing him away, but Gay stated that he expects to be with the organization for the remainder of the season.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // The Story So Far...

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 am

Mark. wrote:Grizz are a nice team Looking forward to seeing how you go with them. Will you look to trade Gay or Zbo?

Thanks bro. Not sure yet -- I guess I will wait for a draft day deal.

Khanwarrior wrote:Nice to see a Grizz dynasty, hope you keep the core of Conley, Gay, Zbo and Gasol. I really like Gasol but he never has that breakthrough season. Anyways good luck. :P

Thanks. Hopefully Marc can be considered for the Most Improved Player award.

mp3 wrote:Shame that team just traded away big MO and Ellington but hey they aint stars.

Good luck with the Grizzlies brother!

Thanks man. I really like Speights' play -- I will rework the deal soon and send Ellington, Selby and perhaps a pick for Leuer. In my roster Speights has an expiring deal, so if things won't work out, I'll just let him leave.

Valor wrote:mm Memphis huh? Love their big men duo of Gasol and Z-Bo, hope this ones good! (Y)

Hopefully it will! :cheeky:

As you can guess from the wiretap, I will sim until mid January (just before the Leuer deal) for real life records and start playing from there, so I don't stay behind. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:54 pm

The simulation is usually not kind to the Grizzlies, so good luck with that. :lol:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 pm

following! (Y)
Solaris Phase Two

Postby hova- on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Martti. wrote:The simulation is usually not kind to the Grizzlies, so good luck with that. :lol:

Second that. Marc Gasol is one of my fav big man in the game. You have to boost his passing rating though, he was only somewhere in th 40ie on my roster which is ridiculous. Should be post playmaker and in the 60ies 70ies.

Looking forward!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 am

I like that you are catching up with RL. Kind of wish I had done that with my Magic one. Why don't you just do that? Start form where they are up to IRL and go from there?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // Grizzlies Remix

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:48 pm

MEMPHIS, Tennessee // The Memphis Grizzlies today agreed to trade Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby and a future first-round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Jon Leuer. The trade is the first big move by the Grizzlies' new ownership led by Robert Pera, and helps in claring salary and getting Memphis under the luxury tax threshold -- as well as keeping its starting five together the rest of this season for another playoff run. “It's a trade that had to be made from a business standpoint, so we have a chance to keep our core together and move on,” Memphis coach Lionel Hollins said. “Hate to lose players like Wayne or Josh, but it's part of the business of basketball. You have to make some difficult decisions.” The Grizzlies also get a $6.4 million trade exception good for a year to help sign a free agent or use in a trade. The players were expected to arrive in their new teams on Friday night -- they must first pass physicals.

The deal gives Cleveland, heading into the lottery once again, another first-round pick. Ellington is earning $2.08 million this season, while Selby's salary is $2 million. To get the deal done, the Cavs used salary-cap space to absorb some of the contracts. “We welcome Wayne and Josh to our organization,” said Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant. “We thank Jon for his commitment to our organization over the last three years and wish him the best in the future.” Ellington, acquired from Minnesota last July, is playing a career-low 8.8 minutes this year, behind Allen and Quincy Pondexter, while Selby was the backup to Conley but never got solid playing time. Memphis gets the 6-10 Leuer, who didn't play for the Cavaliers this term but averaged 19.5 points and 12.3 rebounds playing with Cleveland's D-League team, the Canton Charge.

The Grizzlies (28-14) rank third in the West but are 6-4 over their last 10 games; they host the New Orleans Hornets (13-30) this Saturday. The Cavaliers (15-30) are the second-worst team in the East, losing five of their last six matchups; the Golden State Warriors (20-23) will visit them this Tuesday.

MEMPHIS, Tennessee // The Memphis Grizzlies have signed guard-forward Chris Johnson a day after sending two players to the Cleveland Cavaliers to free up salary space; the move gives the Grizzlies the required minimum of 13 players on the roster. The 6-foot-6 Johnson had been posting averages of 12.6 points, 4 rebounds and 1.81 steals in 21 games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA's Development League; he ranked 4th in the D-League with 54 3-pointers made and tied for 6th with 38 steals. He played four years in college at Dayton and was the 2010 National Invitation Tournament MVP in helping the Flyers to the title game. He is the only college basketball player in the last 20 years to accumulate 1,400 points, 800 rebounds, 300 offensive rebounds and 200 three-pointers while shooting at least 80 percent from the free-throw line.

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // Grizzlies Remix

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Martti. wrote:The simulation is usually not kind to the Grizzlies, so good luck with that. :lol:

I simmed until today to a 28-14 record (reloading and saving a lot of times), just like in real life and starting from there. :wink:

Dmastawwe wrote:following! (Y)

Thanks man!

hova- wrote:Marc Gasol is one of my fav big man in the game. You have to boost his passing rating though, he was only somewhere in th 40ie on my roster which is ridiculous. Should be post playmaker and in the 60ies 70ies.

Looking forward!

I checked and he has the "post playmaker" ability but he only has a 39 pass rating. :? As I said before, hopefully I can get him into the MIP award mix.

Mark. wrote:I like that you are catching up with RL. Kind of wish I had done that with my Magic one. Why don't you just do that? Start form where they are up to IRL and go from there?

That's what I'm doing bro (Y)

As you can see with the roster moves, I'm following real life events and records. I tried to have the exact real life records for all 30 teams, but it was a pain in the ass and had to save after every single game. I edited the deal a little, keeping Speights with me. He has an expiring contract, so if he doesn't keep up with his stats, I will not re-sign him. Also, I'm not playing every game. As I've been doing lately, I will try to play, sim and intervene, putting more detail into playing games. Here's to a successful story :beer:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 am

Thierry •, Thierry, I thought there was a function where you choose a start date and then all results as they have happened in real life will automatically be imported up to that date.... that would save you having to try get the correct results.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Mark. wrote:Thierry •, Thierry, I thought there was a function where you choose a start date and then all results as they have happened in real life will automatically be imported up to that date.... that would save you having to try get the correct results.

I've read about this somewhere too, but haven't experimented around with it :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah there is an option to start with current date.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 am

Looking good as usual
albidnis

[31-14] THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // Weekly Rewind (Jan. 27-31)

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Preview // Starting Lineups // Recap // Team Stats // Full Play-by-Play // Boxscores (New Orleans :: Memphis) // (PLAYED)

MEMPHIS, Tennessee // Jerryd Bayless held the ball at the top of the 3-point line for maybe two seconds -- not enough time to think about a pass or a jumper. He then started his engines, took off a few feet before the basket and threw down a ferocious, one-handed dunk over Anthony Davis and Greivis Vasquez, that energized the crowd and startled New Orleans. That was Bayless' only field goal tonight, but turns out, Memphis was full of tricks. Rudy Gay scored 22 points and Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph had 13 apiece to help the Grizzlies beat the Hornets, 106-94 on Sunday night. “I take my hat off to Rudy. He set the tone for us on both ends of the court,” said Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins. “He played good defense and he kept up his aggressiveness. He was very consistent and was really the key.”

Davis had another breakout game for New Orleans with 17 points and 13 rebounds while Vasquez, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon all had 15 points each. Memphis got off to a hot start, leading 25-12, but the Hornets bounced back in the second quarter thanks to Davis and rookie Austin Rivers. In the second half, Gordon crashed against the wall that is Tony Allen, scoring only 4 of his 15 points and Gay took over. “We just ran out of gas,” said Hornets coach Monty Williams. But Gordon went further, stating that “the third period was just bad for us. We didn't play our style of basketball. We took quick shots and we really weren't playing good defense.” Playing his first game since January 9, Al-Farouq Aminu returned from a dislocated finger. “I think the things I did the best don't show up in the boxscore,” said Aminu, “but at the end of the night it's hard to say you play well when you lose.”

The Grizzlies keep adding memorable moments to their season recap -- keeping a enthusiastic crowd in their seats until the end, and sitting second in the West with a 29-14 record, just one game behind Oklahoma City. Michael Conley earned Jordan Player of the Game honors with 13 points, seven assists and four steals; Quincy Pondexter and Marreese Speights showed they can be trusted, with ten and nine points, respectively, off the bench. Bayless shot a dismal 1-of-9 from the field, but made up for it with his versatility, both in defense (three rebounds, one steal) and playmaking (five assists). Memphis had a 20-9 advantage in fast break points and will travel to Philadelphia tomorrow, to play against the 76ers (22-21). Tennessee Titans players, quarterback Jack Locker and wide receiver Nate Washington, sat courtside.

Preview // Starting Lineups // Recap // Team Stats // Full Play-by-Play // Boxscores (Memphis :: Philadelphia) // (PLAYED)

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania // Tony Wroten has only 44 games under his belt, although he's been playing like a veteran since the start of 2013. Wroten scored eight of his new career-high of 12 points in the fourth quarter as the Memphis Grizzlies survived a late scare with a 95-90 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday night. “It's definitely been a grind, but it's been fun, of course,” said Wroten. “It's been a learning experience. I think I've improved a lot since the start of the season, but the most important thing is that we are winning.” Through three quarters, the contest was tied at 78 but Wroten, the 25th overall pick in the draft out of Washington, connected on three consecutive possessions to start the final frame and pad the lead to 88-81 and never look back again. Rudy Gay was Memphis' leading scorer once again, with 19 points. “Our guys did a god job and played hard. I think we took it up a notch defensively in the fourth,” said Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins.

“Tony can play, but it's definitely because of the opportunity he's had to go out there,” said Gay, who is averaging career-highs in points (21.1) and rebounds (6.7). “He came in and has played extremely well. He has confidence every night he steps out on the floor. You never know what you're going to get (laughs), but you know he's going to try to play extremely hard and get the fans involved.” Zach Randolph notched in his 17th double-double of the season, with 15 points and ten rebounds. Michael Conley scored 13 points and Darrell Arthur and Marc Gasol had eight each for the Grizzlies, who won their fourth straight game and sixth of their last seven. Tony Allen shot 1-of-6 for only two points, but it was his defense on Evan Turner (only four points) what shone the brightest.

Philadelphia was paced by Andrew Bynum, who posted his fifth 20-10 game of the season with 22 points and 13 boards. Jrue Holiday, who contributed with 11 and 13 assists, was also surprised by Wroten's game. “He definitely did not look like a rookie at all.” Leading 26-20 to start the second period, Memphis posted a 10-2 run to take a 36-30 advantage, thanks to Jerryd Bayless's play (six points, six assists) when Conley's shot didn't fall (4-of-10 from the field). It was a real battle in the third with 11 points from Nick Young (19 for the night). Addressing speculation that he will test free agency waters, Young said: “I'm planning to be a part of this team next year. Negotiation-wise, as long as everything is fair, I expect to be back here.”

Preview // Starting Lineups // Recap // Team Stats // Full Play-by-Play // Boxscores (Memphis :: Oklahoma City) // (SIMMED)

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma // Rudy Gay and the Memphis Grizzlies have silenced their enemies, at least for a little while. On the other side, Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder are desperate for answers... Gay scored 21 points and eight rebounds as the Grizzlies dominated the slumping Thunder in the first half and mantained the lead in the second, en route to a 95-80 victory. After a sizzling 19-7 start to the campaign, Oklahoma City have dropped four of their last six games, and fell to the second seed of the loaded Western Conference after having a 3-game advantage over the Grizzlies and San Antonio. Memphis had a three-game losing streak from January 12-16 but responded with victories in seven of their last eight contests. With a record of 31-14, they are off to the franchise's best 45-game start in their history.

“We didn't really lose our swagger,” said Zach Randolph, who scored 20 points to go with 10 rebounds, for his 12th 20-10 game of the season. “We are confident coming into every game and we've been playing very well lately.” Michael Conley flirted with a triple-double, posting 12 points, seven rebounds and eight assists; he only had words of praise for Randolph. “He is one of the guys that we lean on to do a little bit of everything. He scores and gets big rebounds. He's like a glue for us.” Coach Lionel Hollins was quick to point out that his team ranks in the best teams of the NBA in several key defensive categories. “We're first in the league in points allowed per game, sixth in rebounding, fourth in steals. That shows you we are much better than last term on the defensive end.” That proved right tonight, limiting OKC to only 42 percent (31-of-73) and outrebounding them, 42-32.

The Durant-Russell Westbrook had another huge effort -- 26 and 16 points, respectively --, and Serge Ibaka and Kevin Martin had 14 each, but the reserves never showed up. Reggie Jackson contributed five of just ten points by Oklahoma City's bench. “We wanted to get off to a good start, come out with some good energy and fire,” said Durant. “But we couldn't do that and we got behind, and they just kept plugging away. It wasn't our night, plain and simple.” Westbrook filled his statsheet with four rebounds, six assists and five steals. The Grizzlies dominated inside, thanks to Randolph and the bench duo of Marreese Speights and newcomer Jon Leuer. Speights had ten points and three rebounds, while Leuer added eight points in just nine minutes, staying perfect from the floor. “They gave us a big lift,” said Gay.

× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [31-14] THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // Weekly Rewind (Jan. 27-31)

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Mark. wrote:I thought there was a function where you choose a start date and then all results as they have happened in real life will automatically be imported up to that date.... that would save you having to try get the correct results.
Valor wrote:I've read about this somewhere too, but haven't experimented around with it :wink:
mp3 wrote:Yeah there is an option to start with current date.

Yep the option is available right after you start a new association, but it's not there for me, I guess that's because my 2k Games account won't work. :|

albidnis wrote:Looking good as usual

Thanks man, I'll try to check your Kings more regularly!

What do you think about the layout, guys? Will keep it until next season.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [31-14] THE BLΛSTOFF • 2.0 // Weekly Rewind (Jan. 27-31)

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 am

I like the layout, but you should add the scores to the games, makes it easier to find out wether you have won or not. Maybe even add headlines. Its like a newspaper. People read the headline, some are satisfied then. Some want more detail and read the teaser. If they want to read even more, than they will do so, but others won't read your text and don't know anything if you have no headlines.

Apart from that, I love the graphics.

Are you going to trade Rudy??
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood