2013 All-Stars Reserves Announced

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

2013 All-Stars Reserves Announced

Postby daninoz on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 am

WEST

Tim Duncan - Spurs
Tony Parker - Spurs
Russell Westbrook - Thunder
James Harden - Rockets
Zach Randolph - Grizzlies
Lamarcus Aldridge - Trail Blazers
David Lee - Warriors

EAST

Chris Bosh - Heat
Tyson Chandler - Knicks
Jrue Holiday - 76ers
Luol Deng - Bulls
Paul George - Pacers
Joakim Noah - Bulls
Kyrie Irving - Cavaliers
daninoz

Re: 2013 All-Stars Reserves Announced

Postby benji on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am

Andre Drummond snubbed again.
benji

Postby graybakflip on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 am

WOW just WOW..

Lopez is not even playing 30 mins a game still 4th(now just behind LBJ,Kobe,CP3) in PER this season, c'mon!
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm not too sure about the Jrue Holiday pick. He's having a career year for the struggling Sixers so it's not completely unwarranted, but I'm surprised by that selection. Glad to see Noah and Deng in the game, I figured only one Bull would make it so that was unexpected. Stephen Curry's a notable snub for the West, though they already have two worthy point guards selected in Parker and Westbrook.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Andrew wrote:Stephen Curry's a notable snub for the West, though they already have two worthy point guards selected in Parker and Westbrook.

Plus the starter in Chris Paul, they don't exactly need any more point guards.

Curry though is the type who can have big All-Star games with his three point bombing.
benji

Postby Alpha_ on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Wow, no Stephen Curry.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Reserves are pretty reasonable for the most part. Stephen Curry should have made it into the game over Aldridge or David Lee since positions don't matter and he can play the 2 but somebody will probably get injured. Would have taken Jennings over Holiday and Lopez over Deng or George, but I'm looking forward to the game.
Lamrock

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Nice to see Harden get the nod. Not surprising given he's the second best two guard in the West right now. Hopefully he has a good game off the bench.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby NovU on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Very nice picks.

I'd rather have Lopez over Bosh and Noah but not over Chandler. And I don't mind not seeing Curry. He's gotta rest his ankle and knee. Will be a motivation not being selected going forward. I expect a better second half from Curry. Let's go, pedo!
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

How about Horford and Josh Smith? I don't know ... the Hawks are sixth in the East and those two are having good all-around stats. ASG picks are based on league politics. I don't like it.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 pm

hova- wrote:How about Horford and Josh Smith? I don't know ... the Hawks are sixth in the East and those two are having good all-around stats. ASG picks are based on league politics. I don't like it.

Go through this every year man. Last year Josh Smith had the best season of his career but still didn't make it. Kind of disappointing to see Paul George or Jrue Holiday on there before him. And Deng has been having good season but Boozer should be on instead of him. Some of these picks don't make sense. It 's even debatable whether or not Bosh should've made it. No Brooklyn Net players on the roster either.
atlwarrior

Postby NovU on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 pm

What the hell is wrong with Josh Smith this season anyways? Absolutely horrendous.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 pm

hova- wrote:ASG picks are based on league politics. I don't like it.

Are you suggesting that none of the Eastern reserves deserve to be there at all and are only there due to behind the scenes politics?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 pm

benji wrote:Andre Drummond snubbed again.

Tell me about it. How many years do we have to go through without Andre in the lineup? It's been too many already.

I'm laughing at the face of the criticism Kyrie Irving is getting on Twitter for being picked. It's ridiculous.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RedPhazon8 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:59 am

West wise it's too bad Curry didn't make it. East wise I think Bosh shouldn't of made it, the Heat aren't playing well enough record wise to give them 3 all stars, I think Lopez should of made it over him. I think Boozer should of made it over Deng, but overall I can't really support the idea of them getting two all-stars in the first place. In terms of Holiday and Irving being picked, I would of only picked one of them, mainly because I don't see a reason to pick two players from losing teams when you have Atlanta and Milwaukee who managed positive records to this point.
RedPhazon8

Postby Martti. on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 am

Pretty good selections, though Jennings>Holiday. And Curry should have made it over one of the 4 PF's on the West bench. (Except Duncan)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Spree#8 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:26 pm

The Sixers are overachieving as it is (yeah, I know how it sounds given their record) and it's mainly because of Holiday. This pitiful team has nothing else to offer on offense, needing Jrue to play big if they're gonna have any chance to win. Philly is a bad offensive team, but with Holiday off the court they're probably historically bad, haven't checked the stats but it looks horribly stagnant without him. Not to mention he's missed 4 games in December due to a foot sprain and the Sixers lost all those games by an average of 12 points, I think. You can't overrate his importance for the Sixers and that's why he deserves to be there - you have to look beyond the team record sometimes and it's not like he's on the Wizards or something anyway.

I agree with Curry being a big snub for the West.
Spree#8

Postby bowdown on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Jennings over Holiday?

Jennings is a chuck happy PG who isnt very efficient and his assists arent stellar either.

Holiday is an efficient scorer and distributer and his team is in the playoff hunt without their best player.
bowdown

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:23 pm

NovU wrote:What the hell is wrong with Josh Smith this season anyways? Absolutely horrendous.

Simple Horford's back which means Josh Smith doesn't have to touch the ball as much.

His numbers aren't that much down from last year. He's not getting those 9-10 rebs a game anymore because Horford does now.
atlwarrior

Postby NovU on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Ok. So his numbers aren't really all-star numbers because of Horford. That's one strike. But his efficiency is god awful. That's enough strikes for me.

Ortg: 94
TS%: .480
eFG%: .469
TRB%: 13.8
OWS: -0.7
WS/48: 0.63
PER 17.4 on 27.1 USG%

If Josh had a fringe all star season previously, he doesn't have much case at all this season. It's not a surprise.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Return to NBA & Basketball