how to bypass the cheating ai

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

how to bypass the cheating ai

Postby diamenz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 am

sup folks. a lot of us have been frustrated with 2k's cheating/bs/artificial ai with 2k12 and 13k, and i've discovered a way to disable it. now, keep in mind i've only tested this with 2k12, but i can only imagine it works with 13 because it is the same engine and all.

the solution is simple - don't play vs. the cpu, play vs a human with coach mode on. the different is huge guys - you can actually FEEL the ratings. THEY MATTER! for example, i have mj and pippen's steal attribute both set at 97. when playing normally against the ai, the ai (game ai) pretty much decides when your steal is successful. for the last few days playing vs a human on coach mode, i get so many steals it's ridiculous - lebron and wade have even been stripped on drives. it's something iv'e never seen happen before. NO MORE BULLSHIT REBOUNDING. NO MORE BS SPEED BOOSTS, NO MORE BS ANYTHING. player movement is also much more natural and fluid.

i've gone from playing very frustrated on all star to smooth sailing on superstar with default sliders. the game is so fluid guys, please give it a shot. it's the way it was meant to be played.

this, along with van's playbooks, slimm44's tendency alterations for those of you with pc (for those on consoles, i highly recommend setting all penetration tendencies to 50 with the exception of half spin and in & out, and a few other common sense tendency changes), the game is damn near perfect.

please give this a shot and let me know how it plays out. the affect is not placebo.

ah, also be sure to set coach settings accordingly, such as auto playcalling, auto late game fouling, so on and so forth.
Last edited by diamenz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
diamenz

Re: how to bypass the cheating ai

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am

Interesting discovery, thanks for posting. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diamenz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

as frustrated as i've been playing this game over the past couple of years, i'm more than happy to make people's experience more enjoyable.

just had a game on hall of fame and there was a point in the third quarter where there were consecutive posessions bouncing back and forth between me and the other team and no one was scoring. that RARELY happens on user vs cpu games. super awesome.

also, i apologize for that last bit of my op, i removed it. pared @ os is a little bitch tho.
diamenz

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

It's probably better because the CPU just gets ratings boosts on higher difficulties that human players don't.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby diamenz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Pdub wrote:It's probably better because the CPU just gets ratings boosts on higher difficulties that human players don't.

and you still get to take advantage of the smaller timing windows on the higher difficulties without the added stress.
diamenz

Postby Medevenx on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Try playing with my sliders where I tweaked the sliders to make the attributes between the User and CPU fair.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby diamenz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Medevenx wrote:Try playing with my sliders where I tweaked the sliders to make the attributes between the User and CPU fair.

why go through the trouble when you can just play as mentioned above?

i'm guessing you got your formulas from jasonwilliams over at os?
diamenz

Postby youngduck on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 am

oops

thanks for the tip. I don't like the AI cheat. they get so many blocks and steals and they move so fast to protect fast break.

I'm gonna try this out right now.
youngduck

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:53 am

good research... I'm going to try this out!!!!
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K13