Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 am

Brooke Hogan?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 am

Brooke Hogan's tits
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am

JaoSming wrote:Brooke Hogan's tits

(Y) (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

Andrew wrote:Brooke Hogan?

More Hulk, really. Inserting himself into angles for no reason, including some stupid angle with Bully Ray dating Brooke and Hogan refusing to let him (because, as one of the Impact recaps said, how dare adults date?), then Aces & 8s breaking up the wedding being led by young up-and-comer Taz, but having no heat because they've all been squashed by young up-and-comer Sting. And Abyss is now a lawyer, or something, except that he's not Abyss, he's Abyss's brother, and may or may not actually be Abyss but suffer from some sort of personality disorder, but the angle's gone absolutely nowhere in over a year, over which time "Joseph" Park has become a permanent character, and by the time any reveal is done, nobody will even remember who the fuck Abyss even was. And AJ Styles has announced that as a result of sucking constantly he's sick of doing the 'right' thing and is going to do his own thing, but we have no idea what that is because he hasn't been on TV since.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

Plus side being Daniels doing anything, Aries and Roode sorta working together, X-Division that isn't RVD (who is the champ of course), and of course the in-ring action.

There is a lot of :facepalm2: going on though.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow....Cena's promo at the end raw..... :turrible:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Read the recap, sounded like it was pretty lame and poorly received, especially in comparison to the stuff with Rock and Punk.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 am

Raw as a whole was terrible. Cena's promo was just awful, and most of the show had the Beat the Clock challenge that ended up meaning precisely nothing.
koberulz

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 pm

So, Rematchmania?

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm

koberulz wrote:
Andrew wrote:I think you have to have Rock go over at the Rumble then "pass the torch" at Wrestlemania.

That's what I figured they'd do the second they announced he'd be at the Rumble. My guess would be Cena going over in a rematch from last year, rather than Punk. Taking the belt off Punk and then putting it back on him makes no sense.

Well then.
koberulz

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

I feel bad for Punk. Certainly there's no rematch clause one-on-one vs. Rock since the next PPV will be the Elimination Chamber and there's no way he'll win it back immediately. The way he lost it felt lame too, as I was expecting more like a wrestling match (it was OK, IMO).

I was also hoping for Ziggler to win the Rumble. Y2J's appearance was great and the pop was huge. Cena winning seals the deal that it's "Twice in a Lifetime."

Okay, I'm not seeing any WWE show again until something interesting comes up. This is shit.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm

One of the biggest stars of all-time coming back for an extended run rather than some once-off appearances isn't interesting? Personally, I'm glad to see that happening with The Rock and I'm glad to see him win the WWE Championship. It doesn't undermine Punk's long reign and I doubt he's going to fall off the map.

However, with that in mind, The Rock needs to wrestle some matches on TV. He'll be making consistent appearances so I'm guessing it'll happen, even if some of them are tags or end in no-contests. That's fine, so long as the in-ring work is fine and it advances the storylines.

As far as the result of the Rumble itself...fair enough I guess. Ziggler winning the Rumble wouldn't have made any sense and would've been a waste, as he's already got a title shot by way of Money in the Bank. I think it sets up a moneymaking match and there's really only a few people you'd want to put over as the Rumble winner at the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 pm

That's what I fear to happen: Rock carrying the belt and not actually wrestle. He can appear on a weekly basis, hell even the taped segments may come back and its appreciated. However, my points from the previous pages that Rock not actually doing kayfabe shit to earn the shot at the title.

I also have to take back what I said about the Punk-Rock match being OK. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Rock's mic work last year was woeful; I'm not looking forward to having to put up with that again. Neither he nor Cena particularly need the rub at this point.
koberulz

Postby formx on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Although I didn't mind Punk losing the title to The Rock , if the rumors are true that CM Punk would face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, because a title match between those 2 would make less sense than Cena vs The Rock II in my opinion.

BTW, does anyone watch the wrestling in Japan? They got some pretty good stuff. The IWGP title match between Tanahashi and Okada from the NJPW Tokyo Dome show was one good match in my opinion.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

we really shouldn't be spoilering any of this, but cena winning the rumble was not a surprise to set up the rematch at wrestlemania. i kind of rolled my eyes once they got to the end and had all 3 babyface supermen in the ring at the same time.

honestly, i hate it when matches end up in a draw or get changed into a tag match midway or get restarted.... what a waste of my time. i'd much rather have rock kick out of a GTS or kick out after that powerbomb through the table and have him come back from a false finish.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 am

yea, but it puts over the moves by them not kicking out. something WWE was screwing with in years past.

Ziggler unifying the titles at WM would have been an amazing storyline that could have put him over....build a new star instead of sticking with the same ol....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 am

hopefully its with more shows
WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal. Lesnar will be locked in to the company through Wrestlemania 31.
Lesnar's current existing deal was set to expire at Wrestlemania 29.

as for Jericho
Chris Jericho has signed a new short-term deal with WWE and will be working for the company full-time through Wrestlemania 29, according to multiple sources. The two sides quietly came to a deal a few weeks ago I am told.
WWE has put a video online with Jericho and Dolph Ziggler going back and forth, so that appears to be the direction they are going in with him.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buzzy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 am

what a terribly predictable show. just missed a stare down between cena and rock at the end. we're gonna get that tonight i presume.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

JaoSming wrote:yea, but it puts over the moves by them not kicking out. something WWE was screwing with in years past.

Ziggler unifying the titles at WM would have been an amazing storyline that could have put him over....build a new star instead of sticking with the same ol....

Not to mention they really do need to unify them now that the brand extension is dead. The WHC is completely meaningless these days.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

It does allow them to push two workers atop the card in an effort to build more stars but yeah, with the brand extension basically over it's a good time to unify them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 pm

JaoSming wrote:Ziggler unifying the titles at WM would have been an amazing storyline that could have put him over...

I had that in mind during Ziggler's promo just before the Rumble match began. Unifying the belts then have a feud with Jericho since it's about being the Undisputed Champion.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Speaking of Jericho, word has it he's signed through Wrestlemania.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 am

ya don't say, lol
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33327&start=6700#p1591506
JaoSming wrote:hopefully its with more shows
WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal. Lesnar will be locked in to the company through Wrestlemania 31.
Lesnar's current existing deal was set to expire at Wrestlemania 29.

as for Jericho
Chris Jericho has signed a new short-term deal with WWE and will be working for the company full-time through Wrestlemania 29, according to multiple sources. The two sides quietly came to a deal a few weeks ago I am told.
WWE has put a video online with Jericho and Dolph Ziggler going back and forth, so that appears to be the direction they are going in with him.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 am

Cena winning the Rumble? The rumble is my favorite PPV to watch so fuck Cena I ain't gonna watch that shit anymore.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic