Larvae's Portraits V4 (for NBA365)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Larvae's Portraits | 0.1D RELEASED

Postby iamLillard on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Nice Updates man just keep it up we support u (Y) :applaud:
iamLillard

Postby Wolverine on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 am

Very great work, but i would like it even more if players wear neutral jerseys.
Wolverine

Postby anastasis16 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 am

This would be the best portraits patch in 2K13 if you set the aspect ratio of the photos right. Some of the player photos seem to be a bit stretched, vertically-horizontally; for instance, Nick Young, Nate Robinson etc. Please fix this. But still, I have to appreciate the time you sacrificed for the community here. Thank you. (Y)
anastasis16

Postby Wolverine on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 am

Also some players of san antonio are streched in horizontal, please fix this.
Wolverine

Postby Albys on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 am

s.tambo wrote:bro with slimm roster, with face of Larry Drew i have Pat Riley...change please (Y)

Also with my roster (RR 2.1) i have coach Atlanta Larry Drew with Pat Riley Faces...
Please fix... :wink:
if you want to support my works (Realistic Roster and gameplay):
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby Wolverine on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 am

Ive got a weird guy portrait on Teletovic, anybody else too?
Wolverine

Postby Larvae on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

anastasis16 wrote:This would be the best portraits patch in 2K13 if you set the aspect ratio of the photos right. Some of the player photos seem to be a bit stretched, vertically-horizontally; for instance, Nick Young, Nate Robinson etc. Please fix this. But still, I have to appreciate the time you sacrificed for the community here. Thank you. (Y)

Alright, i will get that up in while. Thank you very much. :D

Wolverine wrote:Ive got a weird guy portrait on Teletovic, anybody else too?

Mine looks just fine, what roster are you using?

Albys wrote:
s.tambo wrote:bro with slimm roster, with face of Larry Drew i have Pat Riley...change please (Y)

Also with my roster (RR 2.1) i have coach Atlanta Larry Drew with Pat Riley Faces...
Please fix... :wink:

Oops, not my fault anymore.. But sure, i'll go fix it. (Y)

Wolverine wrote:Very great work, but i would like it even more if players wear neutral jerseys.

Well, if i wear them neutral jerseys... I'll have the same portraits as Daninoz's. I just left them as is for some originality or something.

SonicBOOM aka iamLillard wrote:Nice Updates man just keep it up we support u (Y) :applaud:

Thank you dude. :bowdown2:

cyclopsdels wrote:sir nice update of the portrait but any body knows what is the id # & png number of patrick beverly & jarvis varnado? because they have portrait but no head? pls... help....

1650 = Beverley... 1841 = Varnado.

I'll be uploading the request and fixes later guys. :cheeky:
Thanks for your support! I appreciate it very much. :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Wolverine on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Im using Albys 2.0, maybe Teletovic will be fixed in his RR 2.1 ?
Wolverine

Postby Larvae on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Wolverine, Yeah! Exactly, his 2.0 weren't compatible.
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Re: Larvae's Portraits | 0.1D FIX RELEASED

Postby Larvae on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm

VERSION 0.1d FIX RELEASED!

:idea: I fixed all the portraits that were over stretched horizontally or vertically as per request by many users. I also fixed Coach Larry Drew's portraits because his portraits was the face of Pat Riley... But not anymore.

Link is in the first post :cheeky:
Hope you'll like it, enjoy using it. (Y)
If there are anymore bugs or whatever just tell me. :mrgreen:
Thank you! :cool:

EDIT: Mickael Gelabale is included in the previous pack and in this pack too. ONLY if you have Gelabale in your roster and has a CFID/PORTRAITID of 1390. :cheeky: :cheeky:
Although i haven't tried him yet. I don't have any roster that has Gelabale, i just accidentally added him in the update without me knowing that he is still isn't in my game. :lol:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby rookieboy2012 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

your portrait size is DXT 5 512,512 !!!can it change to 256,256 ??????
rookieboy2012

Postby Larvae on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm

rookieboy2012 wrote:your portrait size is DXT 5 512,512 !!!can it change to 256,256 ??????

I can change it, but the tool im using won't be able to import the images.
If i change it to 256x256 i'll have to do the manual portrait patching by ModTool which would take me alot of time since i do bulk (in my first release) patching.
Why do you want it changed to 256x256 anyway? :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby rookieboy2012 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

thanks !! actually i try to make portrait by my self ,according to U put link !!!use MLB TIT tool ~~
But i do the same step by the video ~~it doesn't work !!! i tried to add some player without photo ~
when i finish it ~the photo didn't show in the portrait ~I have no idea which step is wrong ~
could U pionting some way??? :bowdown: :bowdown2:
rookieboy2012

Postby Larvae on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 am

rookieboy2012, Are the png images 512x512? Did you decompress the portrait.ff first using ModTool? Have you changed the directory of the inside of mlb-thingy to where your png files are? You could also ask Daninoz about these stuffs. (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby ryie on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 am

THX FOR SHARING
ryie

Postby Larvae on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Youre welcome. ;)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby TorianKel on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 pm

thanks for uploading in moddingway :applaud:
TorianKel

Postby MiamiThrice on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 am

Hey Larvae,

Great work on the portraits. Just had a few requests if you have time to update your ESPN smiling portraits.

Shelvin Mack - 76ers
Mike James - Mavericks
Aron Baynes - Spurs (Heard there may be a portrait for him somewhere in the iff file but don't think it is ESPN smiling portrait for the Spurs)
Mickael Gelabale - Timberwolves (I know you said you added him already but I haven't had time to check whether or not it was an ESPN smiling portrait for the Wolves)
Chris Johnson - Timberwolves
Chris Andersen - Heat
Jannero Pargo - Hawks
Chris Johnson - Grizzlies
Sam Young - Pacers (Not sure if his ESPN smiling portrait is already included or not from his previous time on the Pacers)

As well as the Cavaliers/Grizzlies trade (4 players):

Jon Leuer - Grizzlies
Josh Selby - Cavaliers
Wayne Ellington - Cavaliers
Marreese Speights - Cavaliers

Lastly, I was just wondering if you and Daninoz could possibly work together to create a master portrait file. I have downloaded your 0.1d fix and his 2.7 portrait files and compared them in the 3DM Mod Tool. You have all of the ESPN smiling portraits for current players, meanwhile he has portraits for all of the players on historic teams as well as for the ten extra teams on Med's Ultimate Roster (The roster which I currently use). Granted, the quality of some of Daninoz's portraits is not very good, but I imagine it is fairly difficult to find decent pictures for the players on some of the older historic teams. With that said, I also still find I enjoy seeing any type of picture of the player rather than just their cyberface. Even though they are not ESPN smiling portraits, I still prefer them over nothing.

Therefore, I was hoping that if you and him worked together, you could come up with a portrait file in which everyone has a portrait. Also, not sure if there is much out there, but if you could find better pictures for some of the historic players (maybe even smiling portraits for every historic player someday), that would really be great and would complement Med's Roster even better than any previous portrait file ever has!

Anyways, these changes would really enhance the NBA 2K13 experience for me and I would really appreciate it if you and Daninoz came up with a master portrait file as I have suggested. If not, then that's fine, but it gets tedious for me when I copy his historic portraits to your portrait file or your ESPN smiling portraits to his portrait file so I thought I would ask you guys and see if you had time to combine your files into one.

Looking forward to the next realease!!!
MiamiThrice

Postby Larvae on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:18 pm

MiamiThrice wrote:Hey Larvae,

Great work on the portraits. Just had a few requests if you have time to update your ESPN smiling portraits.

Shelvin Mack - 76ers
Mike James - Mavericks
Aron Baynes - Spurs (Heard there may be a portrait for him somewhere in the iff file but don't think it is ESPN smiling portrait for the Spurs)
Mickael Gelabale - Timberwolves (I know you said you added him already but I haven't had time to check whether or not it was an ESPN smiling portrait for the Wolves)
Chris Johnson - Timberwolves
Chris Andersen - Heat
Jannero Pargo - Hawks
Chris Johnson - Grizzlies
Sam Young - Pacers (Not sure if his ESPN smiling portrait is already included or not from his previous time on the Pacers)

As well as the Cavaliers/Grizzlies trade (4 players):

Jon Leuer - Grizzlies
Josh Selby - Cavaliers
Wayne Ellington - Cavaliers
Marreese Speights - Cavaliers

Lastly, I was just wondering if you and Daninoz could possibly work together to create a master portrait file. I have downloaded your 0.1d fix and his 2.7 portrait files and compared them in the 3DM Mod Tool. You have all of the ESPN smiling portraits for current players, meanwhile he has portraits for all of the players on historic teams as well as for the ten extra teams on Med's Ultimate Roster (The roster which I currently use). Granted, the quality of some of Daninoz's portraits is not very good, but I imagine it is fairly difficult to find decent pictures for the players on some of the older historic teams. With that said, I also still find I enjoy seeing any type of picture of the player rather than just their cyberface. Even though they are not ESPN smiling portraits, I still prefer them over nothing.

Therefore, I was hoping that if you and him worked together, you could come up with a portrait file in which everyone has a portrait. Also, not sure if there is much out there, but if you could find better pictures for some of the historic players (maybe even smiling portraits for every historic player someday), that would really be great and would complement Med's Roster even better than any previous portrait file ever has!

Anyways, these changes would really enhance the NBA 2K13 experience for me and I would really appreciate it if you and Daninoz came up with a master portrait file as I have suggested. If not, then that's fine, but it gets tedious for me when I copy his historic portraits to your portrait file or your ESPN smiling portraits to his portrait file so I thought I would ask you guys and see if you had time to combine your files into one.

Looking forward to the next realease!!!

Thanks fo the heads up bro. My laptop has just been fixed thats why i wasnt able to make updates, but ill make em probably by the weekend.
About daninoz, im not so sure about that. It'll be nice but we have different styles, like i do ESPN kinda portraits and he does 2k style.
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Larvae on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:37 am

Here's a preview of V2 of my Portrait Pack.

:idea: Includes:
Updated transactions (Rudy Gay Trade etc.)
Added Chris Johnson (Both from Wolves and Grizzlies)
Added Aron Baynes (Spurs)
Fixed colors for Sacramento, Atlanta, Detroit
Added some celebrities.
Fixed the sizes.

I still can't make it into a portrait.iff and .cdf because i couldn't open ModTool. Maybe because i don't a video card.
I couldn't install my video card. I dunno why. That's why i made this kind of preview.
Thoughts? :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Re: Larvae's Portraits | 0.1D FIX RELEASED | V2 PREVIEW!

Postby lethal on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 am

Waiting for this.
Thanks for lettting me use ur portraits in my roster.
Lets Go GSW!

You better Visit and Give my Roster A Try
Just click the Orange Text Lethal Roster
lethal

Postby Larvae on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 am

lethal wrote:Waiting for this.
Thanks for lettting me use ur portraits in my roster.

Alright, no problem. (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby pistonnation on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:25 pm

release v2? :cheeky:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby Larvae on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 pm

pistonnation wrote:release v2? :cheeky:

Maybe later or tomorrow. :wink:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

V2 RELEASED

Postby Larvae on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 pm

V2 RELEASED!

:idea: Take Note of these changes in Version 2

- I fixed all the portraits that were over stretched horizontally or vertically as per request by many users.
- Fixed portrait colors for Pistons, Kings, Hawks etc.
- Updated the portraits of the players who were included in the Rudy Gay trade, and the Cavs-Grizz Trade
- Mike James Added (Mavs)
- Chis Andersen (Heat)
- Mickael Gelabale (Wolves) (Don't know if it works, i just placed his portrait. We'll know via Med's Roster 0.9)
Same with players like Chris Johnson (Grizz and Wolves) and Aron Baynes (Spurs)
- Still no Greg Smith :cry:

NLSC Mirror is in the First Page :cheeky:
:new: Moddingway Mirror, First page (Y)

Enjoy using them. :D
Feedbacks would be much appreciated :bowdown2:

I can't make a in-game preview because my Fraps isn't working. It doesn't take screenshots.
Larvae
The Other Guy.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding