[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

Postby Eirsej on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm assuming this already works for 2k13. When I'm using the Old Season 1 workaround, when I import the association files, the program asks me how many games the association has. There are only three options. 82, 58 and 29. After that, it asks me what mode I use. The options are Mode 0, Mode 1, etc. I don't really know what those modes mean so I choose mode 0. Then the program crashes.
Eirsej

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 pm

No no no. You're assuming wrong. This does NOT work with 2K13 yet, or I would have mentioned so. And even so, the Old Season 1 Workaround for 2K12 has been completely unsupported since the full 2K12 + NST compatibility via REDitor. I could explain what the modes do, but again, there's no point, since it was a buggy workaround that required a lot of manual labor to work, while REDitor made everything easy.

So wait for REDitor for 2K13 to come, and NST should be working with 2K13 Associations again really close to its release. And once REDitor comes, like 2K12, NST will be compatible with Associations no matter the amount of games.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Eirsej on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:38 pm

I see. I'm sorry I thought this program already works for 2k13 since the guy from the association section who uses this program indicated that he is playing with nba 2k13. Guess he had a typo. Thanks for the clarification though. (Y)
Eirsej

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:26 pm

v1.4.2 released!

- Addition: Added Recommended 2K Ratings to Advanced Player Search
- Addition: Added settings to limit for which players the Recommended 2K Ratings will be calculated
* Percentage of team's games played
* Minutes per game
- Fix: Any ratings that can't be calculated and shown as -1 won't be exported
- Fix: When exporting ratings, players would be matched using case-sensitive comparison of their names; now using case-insensitive comparison

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 am

This looks incredible! I am actually a bit embarrassed I didn't know of its existence!

So as far as I understand, once this has been released for 2k13 I will be able to use it with a dynasty that is already running?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby albidnis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 am

Ok so I went to play my 4th game of my assoc and all the teams are screwed up. My Kings have old-timers on them, some player names are just asteriks. Could this be due to the import back into reditor and save of assoc file. Has anyone seen this before.

Thanks in advance
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:15 pm

albidnis, I hope you were keeping backups of your Association. I really don't know what could've went wrong there, I seriously don't. In the over 100 games I've imported/exported, never had something like this happen. I'll need to take a look at your database and 2K save.

Do you remember what you did last before this happened? Did you do anything differently than other times? Had you just updated NST to a newer version than one that worked?

Sounds really strange, since NST only edits the Team Stats and Player Stats table on Export. Not the team rosters (Teams tab) or players themselves (Players tab). Think that you could've accidentally imported the wrong folder back into REDitor?

Please, do send me your files so that I can take a look.

Mark., yeah, absolutely you will. Only thing you'll be missing out is having the box scores for any games up to that point in your Association, but all the other features will be working, and as long as you follow the instructions, you'll have as many box scores as possible from that point on. So for example, if you don't restart your Association, the Split Stats tabs will be incomplete (since they require box scores) and will only reflect games that happened after you started using NST. Using NST with a new, clean Association will give you the fullest experience, but if you don't care that much about that, you can still use it with an ongoing Association once REDitor for 2K13 is out.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am

It's weird man...

I have been following the same process for all the games. I did a import with reditor and it got all screwed up. I did not do a backup :twisted: but that's my bad. Here are the files:

Association:
http://www.rnffl.com/alb_assoc.FXG

Database:
http://www.rnffl.com/alb_db.tst
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 am

I really have no idea how something like this would happen. I just checked NST's Export function for REDitor, and it only affects the Team_Stats.csv and Player_Stats.csv files, it doesn't mess with anything else. So I have no idea how your Teams.csv got edited. Are you sure you didn't use the "Old Season 1 Workaround" method by mistake (Options > NBA 2K12 Options > Import/Export Method)? I have no idea what could mess your save up so bad.

EDIT: Actually I do. REDitor's Import code has a bug. It imports any tables in the order the entries are when exported, NOT by matching the IDs. Take a look at your Players table. All the players are sorted by First_Name, so when you exported they were sorted that way, and when they got imported, they overwrote the previous order.

So the order of the Player IDs has been changed, and that's what messed up your Association.

I'll let Vlad know that this bug exists, but other than that, only thing that would save you here would be a backup, so that you could copy the Players table over via REDitor and overwrite the reordered one.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am

I figured as much. I will restart and just continue my blog with a disclaimer. Do you know if their is a way to avoid this happening again other than just having a backup?
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah. When in REDitor and exporting to CSV, make sure your Players table is sorted by ID in ascending order (click on the ID column to sort by it if needed). I've informed Vlad of this bug and hopefully he'll fix it in either REDitor for 2K12 or have it in mind for the new REDitor.

If you notice any CSV not being properly sorted, you can open it in Excel, sort it properly there, and then save it as CSV again.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 am

ok thanks, again
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 pm

v1.4.3 released!

- Addition: Added exporting Recommended 2K Ratings to REDitor's exported CSV files
- Addition: Added My League Leaders in League Overview, allowing user to set custom criteria for Leaders calculation
* Percentage of team's games played
* Minutes per game
- Addition: Added Preferred League Leaders to Tools menu in Main Window, allowing user to use either NBA-based or Custom League Leaders rules in features that use Leaders stats (e.g. the League Notables marquee)
- Improvement: Updated System.Data.SQLite library to v1.0.84.0, included performance improvements and bug-fixes

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DonHarmider on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:29 pm

hello Leftos.great tool you have made.
i was looking for something like this and roster editor for quite some time.I was using Vlads REDitor a lil bit but i would like to know if any combination of tools can make what i would like to.
Is it possible to start association in NBA 2K13 and simulate the original BOXscores from real world NBA?so i have real stats and player stats and team standings ,accurate as of today for example?nd i mean use or implement them into my association.If this is possible,could someone explain to me how or where i find a tutorial and all the tools i need for this.maybe this has been answerde somewhere but i am still confused a bit.please help and thank you for great tools and your help to everyone.
greetz
DonHarmider

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am

If you're just looking to start from today and then play the rest of the season as usual, NBA 2K13 has that option when you start the Association.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DonHarmider on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am

Leftos wrote:If you're just looking to start from today and then play the rest of the season as usual, NBA 2K13 has that option when you start the Association.

thank you for answering this fast.
didnt know that was possible but i dont seem to find the option anywhere when i start association mode.you mean i can start association with real live nba stats and than just go on and play?
but i was also looking for tool that i could use in already started association to change stats,boxscores and avareges,league eladers etc.is this possible?
sorry i am stealing your time.and thanks
DonHarmider

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 am

Nope. Not possible. Editing the box scores already in the save isn't possible. Changing the player and team totals is, but then you'd have mixed stats depending on whether they're calculated by the totals or the box scores.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 pm

v1.5 released!

- Addition: Added Height, Weight and Contract criteria to Advanced Player Search
- Improvement: Recommended Starters in Team Overview is now Recommended Situationals, allowing you to pick whether to calculate the recommended starting 5, bench 5, or the best 5 based on any metric, average or total stat
- Fix: Fixed team matching when importing using REDitor to a database that wasn't populated from the same 2K12 save
- Improvement: Ultimate Team in League Overview now offers multiple choices
* All-League 1st Team
* All-League 2nd Team
* All-League 3rd Team
* All-Rookies 1st Team
* All-Rookies 2nd Team
- Improvement: Ultimate Team and Best Performers in League Overview can now be filtered to:
* All players
* League Leaders (NBA-based criteria)
* My League Leaders
- Addition: Added Matchup Preview tab to Team Overview, allowing you to compare two teams and their most important stats and players at-a-glance
- Addition: Added Copy To Clipboard functionality in the Best Performers tab in the Box Score window
- Removal: Old Season 1 Workaround for importing/exporting from/to an NBA 2K12 save has been removed and is no longer supported; you'll need to use REDitor with the proper license for this functionality from this version on

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

v1.5.1 released!

- Addition: Added importing player career stats from NBA 2K saves (Tools > NBA 2K Tools > Import Previous Years' Player Stats)
- Addition: Past Team & Player Stats (entered manually in Yearly Report or by importing player career stats) can now be quickly erased (Tools > Fix/Reset Stats)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

Man I can't wait for this on 2k13. What is the REDitor release looking like?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Leftos on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, supposedly the roster decoding is done and all that's left to create is the actual program, which shouldn't take that long. No ETA that I know of though. Trust me, we're on the same boat. I can't wait for REDitor, want to do an Association Story with NST so bad.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello! Thanks again for the great tool. I like the new features plenty and if you don't mind I'll let you know how my experience goes using it for my association story.

Unfortunately, I'm having a little trouble with NST and my SuperSonics save. I expected as much considering the amount of editing I've done to the save, but the changes I made to roster regarding the Kings->Sonics move were, I hoped, entirely superficial in order for 2k12 to cope with something it's not made to do. The SuperSonics were just the Kings renamed with the textures replaced. Turns out I had to be even more careful (the game didn't like changing the GID of a team mid-association, so I had to actually replace the kings texture files themselves; not sure if changing the AudioID will cause problems just yet).

I expected NST to have problems as well, and wasn't surprised when it crashed upon importing the first save for the new season into my existing database. Fair enough.

Here's the crash log in case it is useful:
Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception Error Report for NBA Stats Tracker
Version 1.5.1.0

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Interop.REDitor.REDitor.ImportAll(Dictionary`2& tst, Dictionary`2& tstopp, SortedDictionary`2& TeamOrder, Dictionary`2& pst, String folder, Boolean teamsOnly) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Interop\REDitor\REDitor.cs:line 593
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.btnImport2K12_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 396
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

It also crashes when trying to save a player's stats and re-calculate, which makes me wonder if my database is the screwy part. Do I need box scores for this to work? Just wanted to rename a player.
*edit: had the wrong crash log
Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception Error Report for NBA Stats Tracker
Version 1.5.1.0

System.ArgumentException: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.
   at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument)
   at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
   at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow.CreatePlayerStatsFromCurrent() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\PlayerOverviewWindow.xaml.cs:line 1405
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.PlayerOverviewWindow.btnSavePlayer_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\PlayerOverviewWindow.xaml.cs:line 1355
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

Starting a new database also has some quirks. It doesn't seem to put the players into the right teams. The SuperSonics have both the Knicks and Sonics' players, the Knicks contain all the Lakers players, and so on for several teams. The Suns only have one player for some reason. Looking at the rosters in Reditor or in-game everything seems to be in order, so I'm at a bit of a lost.

Here is the current save:
http://www.mediafire.com/?45t8ofcljlf4ca6

And the database I was working with:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnq7866n9lloipx
Pitar

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm

It's going to take some work for me to make sure that when you rename a team and try to import, everything matches up. It's going to be hard, but I'll try to do it. That's why you couldn't import, it couldn't match up the Supersonics to the Kings, it had no idea those two teams were the same, but just renamed. And when I was creating the importing code I wasn't expecting team renames in the middle of the Association. Granted, there's a feature to rename a team inside NST, but that's just for NST's own use, it doesn't work with REDitor.

As for the players getting all mixed up, again, not enough testing with saves that have changed names or other teams. I think I've fixed that in v1.5.1.1 that I've just released. I imported your save just fine in a new database, and players all went to the correct teams. I'm hoping you'll be able to do everything right, but if something breaks, tell me and I'll do my best to fix it.

If you're looking to keep the player stats from the previous seasons, you can always go to Tools > NBA 2K Tools > Import Previous Years' Player Stats. Team Stats of previous seasons you'd have to enter yourself by going to Team Overview > Yearly Report > Add Past Stats.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Pitar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks Leftos! I'll give 1.5.1.1 a go as soon as I have a chance.

I wouldn't worry about trying to support teams changing between seasons as it isn't something really supported by the game itself.

I'm more than happy to be able to start a new database. Fingers crossed it works.
Pitar

Postby albidnis on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 am

Hey Leftos I hope all is well,

What do you think af adding the ability to see the scores per quarter. I don't that is available now. Usually when I finish my game and start to setup for my blog I do all the exporting and importing then I start working on the blog. If I forget to write down the per quarter scores I have to go back into the game. Not a big issue at all, just makes it easier on me..lol

Let me know what you think...
albidnis

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding