How do I log back on to myplayer account?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: How do I log back on to myplayer account?

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 am

That's pretty inconvenient, but good to hear that you got it sorted eventually.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am

Yeah, good to know you got it fixed finally.

I think we'll both have a much much harder time getting a 3rd CD key if something goes wrong again so I'm not touching anything anymore.

Seriously, this copy protection racket needs to end somehow. It started with GTA IV with having to install Rockstar Social network, Windows Gaming experience, and something else just to play. BF3 needs Origin, logging you onto a web browser before even starting the game (and if you keep Origin open during the game, it lags like crazy). When will it end? Back 10 years ago,you installed a game and that was it. Didn't even need to keep the CD in there.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

It's certainly fair for them to want to have some kind of copy protection in place, but ideally it should be unobtrusive and not cause legitimate users problems if they need to reinstall.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Well to be honest this isn't really about copy protection (that all still works seeing as you can still play the game), this is about 2k having a clear server account code/database issue at the server side for PC myplayer accounts. Because this shows that A: changing a password causes myplayer account to corrupt and become "not found" and B: the same applies when you re-install the game.

A not found account = no way to reset it to lock back to it again from the game = loss of the key attached to the myplayer account.

2K obviously admit to this being the case becuase surely by now they should have got the message by so many asking for new keys, its as if they know whats coming so they already have the process to get a new key. What they should be doing is investigating all these dormant accounts with these lost keys and work out why they wont sync back to user again, especially under the most normal of circumstances which is reinstalling and changing a password which is an option THEY give in THEIR game.

If everyone changed their password or reinstalled, there system would break down with the thousands of key requests .... its nuts.
DondiWhite

Postby kendz4494 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 am

Hello guys. Having this issue. After I installed some mods via keep my mods, something odd happened. But not really sure what caused the problem, if it keep my mod or other mods i installed. Because I also overclocked my video card and thought it was the problem making my NBA 2K13 crash. So i tried everything to avoid the "reinstall" method but to no avail i really had to do it. Another reason that I opted on re-installing is because my new SSD just arrived and thought of a new clean install on everything including win 7. So now I reinstalled and trying to login back to my account and boom! I was pissed cause i know i am typing in my password correctly but cannot login. So i tried to reset password. But still cannot login. Just like your issue. It is really annoying and pain in the a#s. How long did it take for you guys to get a new key?

It is just annoying cause you bought the game to play online but now it is useless. Just like a pirated game.

Any help would be appreciated guys.
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: msi GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB SATA 6Gbps Barracuda Green
RAM: Kingston 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M
DVD: Liteon 24x Dvd/CD Writer
kendz4494

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am

Judging by previous posts, it took a couple of days for the new key to arrive. 2K Support is likely to still be a little slow coming out of the holiday season, but definitely hit them up and they should hopefully be able to help you out as soon as possible.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kendz4494 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 am

Nah, its just a matter of hours. I received a new key without going through the hassle of these guys. Just an email and didn't need to send some proof of purchase.
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: msi GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB SATA 6Gbps Barracuda Green
RAM: Kingston 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M
DVD: Liteon 24x Dvd/CD Writer
kendz4494

Postby JWL3 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 am

Depends on the 2k service rep, I guess. If you're his 50th request for a CD key that day, he may just send it to you to make you go away. Most everyone who went through this problem had to wait at least 5 days. I got mine 7 days later. I think DondiWhite waited over 2 weeks.
JWL3

Postby justinpot on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 am

where can i contact them?
justinpot

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 am

support.2k.com
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Previous

Return to NBA 2K13