Dirk's Final Chapter - Might end this D - opinions!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (3-5)- WAS @ DAL - Fiveliner

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 am

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-10) DAL@BOS - Trade?

Postby Martti. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 am

As long as he Smith doesn't go to LA, I'm fine. You should get him, though I don't think you have anything the Hawks would want.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby deihatein on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 am

I would rather have a defensive C though, if you are still building around Dirk. OJ Mayo is a streaky shooter, if you can have a guy that play a sixth man like JET or a shooter that can compensate whenever Mayo is having a 1-5 performance, I think its good. As good as Kaman is in the offensive end, he has to go.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Martti. wrote:You should get him, though I don't think you have anything the Hawks would want.

That, J-Smoove is interesting but I reckon in this virtual reality Dirk still got a few more good years injury free so I don't see it working out
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Durant35 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

IMO don't let the Lakes get Smith. The Lakers are a beast in my association when they got Smith.
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (1-1)- Clutch rookie-performance @

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Mavericks, Hawks close on Smith deal

ATLANTA-DALLAS (AP) According to insiders close to both front offices, the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are nearing a deal that would send Hawks forward Josh Smith to Dallas in exchange for draft picks and expiring contracts that have not yet been ascertained.

"I really love the idea of bringing Smoove to Dallas", Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said. General Manager Don Nelson as well as Coach Rick Carisle were not open for commenting a deal, that seems to be a one-man-show by Cuban.

"He's a very athletic, gifted player. He could play forward or center and the same goes for Dirk. An athletic defender is what we need", said Cuban.

Hawks GM Denny Ferry stayed put with his statements: "What I told you the last two days is what I still think. We like Josh, he is our number one guy on the team, but it's obvious that you want something in return instead of losing him for nothin next summer."

Smith open for a trade?

The Lakers and Celtics, both named candidates for a potential trade of Smith, seem to be out of the race as the Hawks neither want to take Pau Gasol's big contract nor send Smith to a Eastern Conference foe.

Smith commented the trade rumours for the first time yesterday: "I don't know what is going on behind the curtains right now. Seems like I am attracting attention. We will talk about it soon, but right now we are facing a critical stretch and have to win some games".

Smith is averaging 15.1 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game shooting 51% from the field this season.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-11) Smoove on his way to Texas?

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Josh Smith would be amazing for Dallas !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mpac on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Go for this! Hope dirk wont be included in the trade :)
mpac

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

As I said I don't think it's gonna work out, Josh Smith isn't a good 3, he's obviously not going to start at the 4 over Dirk so either Dirk or him at the 5..? Not liking it :?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Durant35 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Maybe hova's going small ball?
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (1-1)- Clutch rookie-performance @

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:24 am

Rondo's horrific injury stuns Celtics

BOSTON (AP) Rajon Rondo's horrific injury in the first quarter of the Celtics' home win against the Cleveland Cavaliers has shocked fans and organization. Rondo will miss up to eight weeks.

It was the first quarter of a not-so-exciting game as the Celtics were hosting the Cavaliers, two teams who are not in the race for Playoffs at the moment. Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving was pushing the ball upcourt as Rajon Rondo slapped it out of his hands. Rondo, known for hustle plays, followed the ball which was heading into the stands, right next to the scorers table.

"I have not seen something like this before. His face looked like totally shifted", Celtics coach Doc Rivers told media later looking shocked. Rondo's face and quickly also the floor were covered with blood after he hit the rail. Referees stopped play immediately because of the crowd's reaction.

Rondo headed over the table right into the stands, falling with his face into a hand rail injuring his face severly. "He has a fracture of the right eye-socket, a bruised forehead, a broken nose and cheek as well as a big laceration right under his eyebrow", Celtics GM Danny Ainge said in an interview with ESPN magazine today.

Eight weeks pause for Rondo

Ainge added, that Rondo might miss up to eight weeks with his injury with hopes being him returning with a mask on his face after six weeks. "The eye-socket is a sensitive area. We won't risk nothing", Ainge added. Rondo also got a concussion from his fall and has not talked in public since. On his twitteraccount RajonRondo the point guard wrote he is already feeling better.

Rondo is averaging 11.9 points, 6.1 rebounds, 9.2 assists and 2.4 steals per game so far this season.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-11) Rondo falls hard

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 am

Ouch, painfully injury, nice picture though
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-11) Rondo falls hard

Postby mp3 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

He plays for Boston, Enough said.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-11) Rondo's horrific injury

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 am

SuperHueyNewton, thanks. Well Rondo's used to such nasty injuries. Remember that elbow?

mp3, haha. Maybe I should have written that Carmelo punched him in his face in front of the Celtics' team bus?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Wyze on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:52 am

That picture is mint haha.

I'm also a fan of your layouts - they're not the most elaborate - but they're clean and concise, I like that.

As for Josh Smith, I agree that his position and play style isn't ideal for the Mavericks, but I'm interested to see how you will mange that.
Wyze

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:47 am

hova- wrote: mp3, haha. Maybe I should have written that Carmelo punched him in his face in front of the Celtics' team bus?

That, would've been epic :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby deihatein on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am

Durant35 wrote:Maybe hova's going small ball?

Josh Smith at Center shooting three's. A Raef LaFrentz clone!
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Smith, Harris sign extension with Hawks

ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Hawks have signed forward Josh Smith and guard Devin Harris to new contracts the franchise announced in a press conference today.

"I really love the idea of bringing Smoove to Dallas", Mavericks owner Mark Cuban recently said when asked about trading for Josh Smith. The Mavs front man though that the franchise had a good chance of acquiring Smith and resigning him in summer.

Today, Cuban got disappointed. The Atlanta Hawks have signed Smith for five years and $53M. "We are happy to announce that we have come to a deal with two players, who we think can be cornerstones of our future", Hawks General Manager during the press conference. The Hawks also gave out an extension to Devin Harris, who will earn $20M over the next four years.

The extension for Devin Harris is a surprise, since the former Maverick, Net and Jazz has been dealing with knee problems all season long and only averaged 6.2 points and 3.4 assists in 17.2 minutes per game behind starting point guard Jeff Teauge.

Harris a buddy of Smith

League insiders claim that the Hawks resigned Harris because he is close with Smith and the franchise wanted to show it's affection to Smith.

Josh Smith smiled at the press conference when asked about that. "We are buddys, but you guys forget that Devin can play. He's been injured, but will comeback stronger", Smith said and added that "I am glad to stay in ATL. It's my hometown, you know. We have a great future."

Smith is averaging 15.1 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game shooting 51% from the field this season for the 10-14 Hawks.

USER COMMENTS

JSMOOVE95 wrote:YEAHH. J-SMOOOOOOOVE!
21 minutes ago

Smoove4AllStar wrote:Glad to see Smoove resigning. Hawks for Playoff! #onegoal #gohard
20 minutes ago

Nique wrote:OMG - this franchise will never win. Never.
20 minutes ago

ATLien wrote:20 MILLION BUCKS FOR DEVIN HARRIS??? What the fuck is wrong is Ferry smokin' cess?
18 minutes ago

DirksDickler wrote:Was hoping to see Smith in Dallas. Maybe we can go for him later.
17 minutes ago

BigDon wrote:Shit. Wanted to see Smith at the five. I gotta get some booze now.
16 minutes ago
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Dirk's Final Chapter (10-11) Josh Smith!!

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 am

Damn you, all the hype for nothing. :D At least he didn't go to LA.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Oskar on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:16 am

Was hoping for a Smoove-Dirk combination, could've been a nice duo. Nice stuff in general, will try to check in more often. Love the presentation especially.
Oskar

Postby mrmoves20 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 am

Thought you'd be able to get J-Smoove.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:02 pm

At least he has a hope of staying a Hawk here
SuperHueyNewton

Postby The X on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Luvin' the Rondo pic. As always nice work going on in your Associations. Also want to give you props for possibly pre-empting the Kings move from Sacto to Seattle.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 am

Martti., yeah, that was basically why I did not comment the trade recently. In the end, it did not make sense to trade for someone who got resigned.

Oskar, thank you, man. J-Smoove could have helped us, but definitely not the ideal solution for our problems.

mrmoves20, I could maybe still get him, but why get someone who just signed a deal? Right now does not make sense.

SuperHueyNewton, better than the Lakers I guess ;)

The X, it's been a while, havent seen you around here for some time now. Thanks for the kind words. Oh and the SEA SAC move is ridiculous, if it goes through I have to start a D with the Sonics in one of the next 2ks.

Wyze, thanks for your comment ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 am

DeRozan out for season with torn ACL

TORONTO (CP) Demar DeRozan has torn his ACL in the Raptors 84-72 win at Portland last night and will miss the rest of the 2012/2013 season.

Shocking news for the Toronto Raptors. Topscorer and starting shooting guard Demar DeRozan has torn his ACL in a win against the Portland Trail Blazers at Rose Garden yesterday night. DeRozan went down after going for a dunk in traffic.

"I noticed immediately that it was serious. My leg felt shaky. It hurt. But that's how it goes. I will work hard to come back as early as possible", DeRozan said in an interview. The injury occured in the last quarter with the Raptors being down by five. DeRozan came down akward and bent over his knee. Toronto used a late run to beat the Blazers 84-72.

Raptors: No addition intended

According to Bryan Colangelo, GM of the Raptors, the team does not intend to sign a free agent in order to replace DeRozan. The 23-year old guard is averaging 21.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per game for the 8-16 Raptors.

USER COMMENTS

Raptorsfan88 wrote:Shit. I thought we could make the Playoffs!
2 minutes ago

CanadianKiller wrote:Does anyone know the Maple Leafs game result??
10 minutes ago

SignoreAndrea wrote:Good. This will give more balls to Andrea.
14 minutes ago

Lamrock wrote:Why do I not wonder that this all happened at the Rose Garden??
18 minutes ago
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood