All-Star Weekend to be offered as DLC after all

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

All-Star Weekend to be offered as DLC after all

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Well, that was unexpected.

No, not really.

2K, in a big [sic] announcement for NBA 2K13, announced that the All-Star Weekend pre-order bonus that was available for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game, will be available to download as DLC tomorrow. Or is it today? Anyway, the critically acclaimed content that includes such features as the Guitar Hero-esque Dunk Contest which will get your little cousin off your back while you enjoy a beer, or the 3-Point Shootout which nobody ever really enjoyed because it was a buggy bug-fest, will come with a price tag of $5.

Correction: Price tag is actually $4.99. Rejoice!

So, if you really can't find any better use for your $4.99...

...don't get the ASW DLC. Just grab a whole game out of the oldies bin, or keep looking out here for any great deals that will be a better use of your money.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: All-Star Weekend to be offered as DLC after all

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Good news for console gamers who want to give it a shot and have a few bucks to spare, I suppose. Hard for those of us on PC to get too excited about it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Marek on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Damn 2k...Money, money, money :roll:
Marek

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Not uncommon these days. I don't have anything against DLC in general, when it's done well it can be worth dropping a few bucks to extend a game's experience. Likewise, pre-order bonuses aren't a terrible thing, it's fair enough they want to get as many sales as possible, before the game is even available. However, given the All-Star Weekend's prominence in the NBA schedule, it should be a base feature so from the perspective of offering all customers a full product and goodwill, it was a poor choice for a pre-order bonus/DLC.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13