Capital Punishment DEAD, Guess that was punishment enough!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Capital Punishment DEAD, Guess that was punishment enough!

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 am

Settings
Game - nba 2k13 ps3
Level - Superstar
Quarters - 12 min
Team Chemistry - On
Player Roles - On
Cpu Trades - On
Playoffs - 7-7-7-7

Capital Punishment

Hi Guys! Thought id have another stab at posting an association story on here as well... its the best damm place to read them imo lol.
Iam usually a sucker for using my Knicks and as i do have a season rolling with them and i mean STEAM ROLLING i was crying out to use a really bad team a really really bad team (Sorry Wizards fans)

My goal is to get this team to the playoffs and i think its very do-able with the roster i have, but the BIG QUESTION i have is SHOULD I TRADE JOHN WALL ???

Ive being using this team online and iam getting a feel for Beal, Crawford and Nene and i wonder how Wall is gonna fit in with this but il start the season with him and see where this takes me! One trade i did think about was Wall and Oakfor for a DEMARCUS COUSINS PACKAGE??? Idk.

Oh well il get this one rolling and see how we do, iam gonna update weekly so week 1 will be @ Cavs then HOME to the Celtics with that being the Game of the Week.

Last edited by mp3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Re: Capital Punishment [0-0]

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 am

Will certainly be an interesting season for you! That trade you have potentially lined up is actually pretty good for both teams.... I like Wall quite a lot, but Beal is probably a more rounded scorer for you to leave the keys to the team in.
I think if you did make that trade you should try bring back one of Thomas or Brooks in the deal as you will still need a good starting PG in the future.
The other thing to consider, is do you think Cousins would get his act together in Wash, it is a common opinion that he needs a strong disciplined vet presence and culture to sort it all out.... but the game doesn't recognize that so you should be alright! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what you do anyway!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 am

This is just me, but I really love Wall's play. If Lillard had not been drafted by the Blazers, I would have tried to trade for him. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 am

As of now, Wall is staying.

I found it really hard to use him first game (4-20) but il push on, ive being watching a few Wizards games on LP so iam big on playing Beal and Crawford a lot but i know neither is pg so il work out my differences with Wall lol.
mp3

Postby Martti. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

Personally I would only keep Wall and Beal, the rest of the squad can go. Wall can be a beast.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 am

I bringing Nene back like its... well iam just bringing him into the fold lol

The rest of the team does stink but thats my challenge and i really want to bring on players like Trevor Brooker.

One other player i like the look of is Greg Monroe.
mp3

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am

Yeah if you can find a way to use Wall then I would deffo do so. I do like the Cousins idea though, especially if things aren't working out. Seems relatively likely too, where as I don't know if the Pistons would do a Wall for Monroe trade..
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Well ive given up on Wall in just game 2 lol, i spend my time trying to drive on 3 guys because he cant shoot which is just losing me the game (again!) another 4-20 game while Beal was red hot early on but i tried to involve Wall !!!!!!!!!!
mp3

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah if it is making the game too frustrating then you should move him. Sometimes your playing style just won't suit certain players. I have never been that good at using players that excel in Iso situations, especially if they can't shoot from deep that well.

The more I think on it the more I like the Cousins idea, providing that you bring back a PG as well IMO. Thomas would be fair, although ideally you get a bigger PG to play beside Beal, guard the bigger twos where required.

That being said I am sure you would get plenty of nice offers for Wall.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 am

Game 1:

[0-0]Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavs [0-0]
Brad Beal struggled early but hot in the 2nd half.

Image 20|21|22|24 [87]
Image 25|24|30|28 [107]

Recap

After many losing seasons the Wizards lead by Wall flew into Cleveland with high hopes, a Rookie stud in Bradley Beal and pretty much a whole new team. Facing off with the reining rookie of the year Kyrie Irving many thought it would be a battle of two point guards but it was all one sided in Clevelands favor as John Wall was bad.. Michael Jackson Bad.

Irving got in early and shut down Wall forcing him into a 12 point 4-20 4 turnover night but the only thing people will remember was how good Dion Waiters is as he lit up the 2nd half with 22 points 31 in total, Jordan Crawford and Nene tried to keep the game close with 20 each.

Image Top Performers
Jordan Crawford 20 points 5 rebounds 4 assists
Nene 20 points 12 rebounds
Bradley Beal 16 points 4 rebounds 3 steals
John Wall 12 points 2 rebounds 2 assists

Image Top Performers
Dion Waiters 31 points 5 rebounds 5 assists *POG*
Kyrie Irving 21 points 6 rebounds 3 assists
Anderson Varejao 8 points 16 rebounds
Tristan Thompson 12 points 10 rebounds
Last edited by mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mp3

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 am

Tough loss there. Yeah Wall getting dominate by Irving, gotta make you wonder.

Got any more ideas on trades?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Ive already pulled the trigger on the Cousins deal, i left the cpu to make up its mind on allowing the trade instead of forcing it so it took a while ,included a 3rd team and i didnt manage to get the pg i wanted but i got Cousins and offloaded Emeka Oakfor.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Game2:

[1-1] Boston Celtics @ Washington Wizards [0-1]

Nene is looking to jump start his career in Washington.

Image 26|31|23|26 [106]
Image 29|17|22|21 [89]

Recap

Coming home for there first home game of the season the wizards thought they may have some home cooking on there side but they didnt expect that John Wall would have yet another bad game like this which really dragged down the whole team vs a very solid looking Boston team lead by Paul Pierce's 26 points and a monster game from Brandon Bass (20 & 14) the C's pulled away in the 2nd quarter and didnt look back!

Washington got off to a great start behind rookie Bradley Beal with 8 first quarter points but finished with 13 points for the game and Nene was just shut down by KG the entire game. Jordan Crawford scored the bulk of the points in the 2nd half but with Wall forcing his offence there would be only one winner.

Image Top Performers
Paul pierce 26 points 7 rebounds 4 assists
Brandon Bass 20 points 14 rebounds 2 blocks
Rajon Rondo 12 points 13 assists 2 steals
Kevin Garnett 14 points 9 rebounds
Jason Terry 13 points 6 assists

Image Top Performers
Jordan Crawford 20 points 6 rebounds 4 assists
Bradley Beal 13 points 4 rebounds 5 assists
Trevor Booker 10 points 7 rebounds
Nene 6 points 10 rebounds
John Wall 13 points (4-22 FG) 0 assists
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Wall traded in 3 team trade for Demarcus Cousins.

We have just learnt that the Washington Wizards have parted ways former number 1 pick John Wall after just seasons at the helm, Washington felt the need to move in a different direction with a big scoring center being the offensive focal point. They send Wall in a 3 team trade with the Kings and Raptors.

Both Sacramento and Toronto had wished to trade there big men, Cousins was in trouble with coaches, the League and his teammates and clearly needed a change while up in Toronto they wanted some more post defence and rebounding so were happy to offload Andrea Bargani and take on Emeke Oakfor.

Trade Breakdown..

Image Cousins, Pietrus and F.Garcia 1st round pick 2014 (Rap)

Image John Wall , S.Mack, A.Bargnani, Kleiza 1st round pick 2014 (Wiz)

Image E.Oakfor, J.Salmoms, 1st round pick 2014 (kings)

Washington has released both Pietrus and Garcia from there contracts as they wish to play for a contender,The Wizards has now signed power forward Samardo Samuels and guard Armon Jonson both to one year deals.

In other news the nba announced its first players of the week of teh 12/13 season.

Image Carmelo Anthony : 34ppg 8.5rpg 3.5apg

Image Jeremy Lin : 31ppg 6.7rpg 6.3apg
mp3

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 am

Game 3:

[0-2] Washington Wizards @ Boston Celtics [2-1]

Cousins struggled in his debut after some tough play from KG.

Image 21|25|18|26 [90]
Image 35|18|20|25 [98]

Recap

After facing Boston on Saturday night at home in Washington the Wizards had a 3 day lay off in which we saw them trade away "franchise" player John Wall for Demarcus Cousins a bold move to how the Wizards wanted to move forward and he got off to a rough start in the rematch in Boston picking up a quick 2 fouls in just 6 minutes, he would find his feet in the 2nd half after managing just 10 1st half minutes due to foul trouble.

Through the 1st half the game was neck and neck with neither team being able to pull away from each other as KG again showed us his lock down defence and ability to alter shots in the lane, despite this Nene was still able to put up a team high 17 points on just 8-11 shooting.

Paul Pierce again was clutch and used teammate Brandon Bass on a few pick and rolls to show off his passing skills, Bass again with a very nice game. The Wizards picked up free agent Armon Johnson this week to run the point but midway through the 2nd quarter he sprained his left ankle left the game and would not return, he managed just 1 rebound and 2 TO's in his 12 minutes of play. Team doctors have told us he will miss upto a month of action.

Image Top Performers
Nene 17 points 13 rebounds 2 assists
Jordan Crawford 15 points 4 rebounds 9 assists
Bradley Beal 15 points 7 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals
Demarcus Cousins 14 points 9 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals
Kevin Seraphin 12 points 4 rebounds

Image Top Performers
Paul Pierce 22 points 9 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals *POG*
Kevin Garnett 19 points 3 rebounds 4 steals 3 blocks
Brandon Bass 18 points 10 rebounds
Avery Bradley 9 points 4 assists 5 steals
Rajon Rondo 8 points 8 rebounds 12 assists

Image Image
Image Image
mp3

Re: Capital Punishment [0-3] Wall traded for Cousins !

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

Game 4:

[1-2] Milwaukee Bucks @ Washington Wizards [0-3]

The Wizards got there first win behind strong plays like this from Ariza.

Image 33|23|20|23 [99]
Image 26|24|30|28 [108]

Recap

The Wizards got there first victory.Enough said.

But really, The Wizards came out blazing after what most people thought would be another loss with the star big man picking up another 2 silly fouls in the Wizards looked to the bench and they found Martell Webster who scored 8 in the quarter along with 8 from rookie Bradley Beal and 6 assists from Garrett Temple who was just placed into the starting lineup as the teams new starting point guard which worked really well with his size and quickness.

The Bucks only had one weapon and that was Monta Ellis early on well shall we said for most of 3 quarters until Brendon Jennings got hot scoring 12 points in the final 15 minutes of play but other than that the next highest Buck would score was just 6 points and that was by Mike Dunleavy, Ellis was on a tear all game finishing with a game high 35 points.

Wizards shot 50% in the 2nd half and shared the ball for 22 team assists 12 by Temple and most of them were to the hot hands of Beal and Jordan Crawford but it was the solid play from the combo of Ariza and Webster that sealed the deal, Cousins did his thing but really needs to stay out of foul trouble.

Image Top Performers
Monta Ellis 35 points 4 rebounds 6 steals
Brandon Jennings 14 points 3 rebounds 8 assists
Mike Dunleavy 12 points 9 rebounds 2 asissts
Ersan Ilyasova 8 points 15 rebounds
Larry Sanders 8 points 9 rebounds 4 blocks

Image Top Performers
Bradley Beal 22 points 7 rebounds 3 assists *POG*
Jordan Crawford 17 points 5 rebounds 4 assists
Trevor Ariza 14 points 4 rebounds 3 assists
DeMarcus Cousins 13 points 11 rebounds 3 assists
Nene 8 points 10 rebounds
Garrett Temple 4 points 4 rebounds 12 assists

Image Image
Image Image
mp3

Re: Capital Punishment [1-3] Wizards pick up 1st W

Postby mp3 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 am

Game 5:

[1-3] Washington Wizards @ Indiana Pacers [6-0]

Jordan Crawford has being solid early this season and continues to get better.

Image 17|20|27|19 [83]
Image 23|27|23|27 [100]

Recap

Coming into Indiana to face the leagues best team so far with a record of 6-0 they remain the only unbeaten team and the Wizards knew that coming away with victory would be tough and that message was sent early in the form of a 12-0 lead the Pacers took to open the game while Paul George played lock down defence on Beal.

Gerald Green came off bench to show why hes one of the best 6th men in the league chipping in 29 points in a frenzy playing just 20 minutes scoring the bulk of the points in the 3rd quarter he sat most of the first quarter and didnt play at all in the 4th, DJ Augustin stepped into the starting roll as starter is coming back from back from a rolled ankle, DJ chipped in 10 points 10 assists. George Hill played just 14 minutes in his return after missing 4 games.

Jordan Crawford is the only Wizard this far to never take his foot off the gas leading the young Washington team with 22 points 6 rebounds 6 assists 3 steals playing mostly at point guard and looking to set other people up he still managed to find his own shot which also included two clutch buzzer beaters to end the 1st and 3rd quarters. Bradley Beal was locked down defensively and struggled shooting 4-15 from the field but the shock was 6-12 at the line, Nene was also garbage just 5 points and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes.

Cousins powered the Wizards back into it in the 3rd trimming the lead to 7 behind his 17 points and 15 rebounds, 6 of the coming on the offensive glass and the bench chipped in, Trevor Booker 8 points 8 rebounds but it was player of the game Paul George who sealed the game scoring 10 4th quarter points.

Image Top Performers
Jordan Crawford 22 points 6 rebounds 6 assists
DeMarcus Cousins 17 points 15 rebounds 4 assists
Bradley Beal 14 points 2 steals
Kevin Seraphin 9 points 4 rebounds 2 blocks
Trevor Booker 8 points 8 rebounds

Image Top Performers
Gerald Green 29 points 4 rebounds
Danny Granger 19 points 9 rebounds
Paul George 19 points 13 rebounds
DJ Augustin 10 points 10 assists 3 steals
Roy Hibbert 8 points 4 rebounds 4 steals 2 blocks

Image Image
Image Image

Next ...
@ Image

Wizards trade Singleton to OKC for Maynor

After struggling to replace John Wall in the point guard roll the Wizards turned to Eric Maynor trading 2nd year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder, Washington had tried Armon Johnson and Garrett Temple as starter but were not happy with the out come.

Maynor had slipped into the 3rd string pg in okc and was happy for the chance to show that he can lead a team and dish the rock to the right guys at the right time, "We wish Chris well with the Thunder but this is a business" - Wizards front office
mp3

Re: Capital Punishment [1-4] Singleton traded to OKC

Postby mp3 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Game 6:

[1-4] Washington Wizards @ Charlotte Bobcats [1-4]

A pat on the back for a well deserved Ariza.

Image 29|21|24|31 [105]
Image 22|23|23|26 [94]

Recap

The Wizards rolled into town to face the Bobcats who had the same 1-4 record and were trying to improve there record, Washington had just lost there last game while the Bobcats beat the Mavs in a stunning game from Kemba Walker with 37 points and 8 assists so they were feeling pretty good about facing the Wizards on there home court but Cousins, Nene and Beal had a new point guard who promised to get them the rock in the right places and he delivered.

Eric Maynor dished 13 assists on the night although he didnt shoot well (4-12) he night stay true to his word, the men of the hour were the Wizards front court of Cousins, Ariza and Nene grabbing a total of 37 rebounds as the Bobcats shot 37% for the game. Nene was the player of the game with 20 points 15 rebounds. Jordan Crawford was in foul trouble the whole game fouling out in just 13 minutes scoring 9 points.

The Bobcats got balanced scoring 4 players in double fingers but lots of turnovers and bad shots took them out the game early, Kidd-Gilchrist looked nice with 17 & 9 but other than him and Kemba (16/8/9) the Cats never lead.

Image Top Performers
DeMarcus Cousins 23 points 10 rebounds 3 steals
Nene 20 points 15 rebounds 2 steals
Trevor Ariza 18 points 12 rebounds
Bradley Beal 15 points 7 rebounds 5 assists
Eric Maynor 9 points 3 rebounds 13 assists

Image Top Performers
Ben Gordon 18 points 5 rebounds 3 steals
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 17 points 9 rebounds
Kemba Walker 16 points 8 rebounds 9 assists
Ramon Sessions 11 points 5 rebounds 4 assists
Gerald Henderson 9 points 4 rebounds 3 assists

Image Image

Next up ...

@ Image
mp3

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 am

A couple of great transactions right there IMO, really liked the three team trade (although the 3 way pick swap seems a little funny) although by then I expect the Raps to still suck :P So works good for you.

What is your rotation like now? In terms of who is playing where and getting big minutes?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Eric Maynor - 20-25 mins
Brad Beal - 30-35 mins
Jordan Crawford - 25-30 mins
Nene - 25-30 mins
Cousins - 30-35 mins if he can keep out of foul trouble !!

Webster - 15-20 minutes
Ariza - 15-20 minutes
Serphin - 15-20 minutes
Booker - 10-15 minutes
Temple - 10 minutes

Thats pretty much my rotation but Crawford comes off the bench while Ariza starts.
mp3

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am

Nice, that is what I would probably have gone with too. So do you use Beal or Crawford in those extra PG minutes?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

Crawford, well both actually both can pass and handle the ball but i use Crawford more as hes better off the dribble and can shoot off it better too.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 am

Next game ...
Image @ Image
mp3

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am

Tough loss man. How are you enjoying Cousins? Must provide some decent offensive options down low.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 am

I would have never traded Wall :(
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood