[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 am

Can you send me your save and database so that I can try it in my development environment and see what's failing?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 am

Here are the links to the DB and Assoc file:

http://www.rnffl.com/sgw.FXG

http://www.rnffl.com/sgwdb.tst
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:19 am

You should have imported once before the first game, because the database you sent me, although created, never had a REDitor import done to it, so it wouldn't be able to detect the box score on the next import.

But in any case, I found the bug you reported.

v1.3.2.3 Beta
- Fix: Tool should now import BirthYear and YearsPro during REDitor imports
- Fix: Fixed features remaining grayed out after creating a new database

v1.3.2.2 Beta
- Fix: Fixed crash introduced in v1.3.2.1 when importing using REDitor

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 am

Availability of NBA Stats Tracker is temporarily halted until I get a response from Basketball-Reference.com on whether I can keep on providing the "Download NBA Stats" feature. I should've asked for permission before mining their resources, so this could get ugly. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 am

HEY LEFTOS I HAVE A QUESTION. IS THE TRACKER SUPPOSE TO ASK FOR GAMES I DIDNT PLAY? FOR INSTANCE. I PLAY A GAME IMPORT INTO STATS TRACKER IT ASKS ME ABOUT GAME I PLAYED I SAVE AND INJECT BACK TO REDITOR SAVE THEN GO IN GAME. THEN I SIMULATE IN ASSOCIATION TO GET TO NEXT GAME. I SAVE MY ASSOCIATION EXPORT FROM REDITOR THEN IMPORT INTO TRACKER TO UPDATE MY SEASON STATS AND THEN TRACKER ASKS ABOUT GAMES PLAYED THAT DAY WHEN I DIDNT PLAY ANY I SIMULATED. IS THAT NORMAL FOR THIS NEW VERSION
suirad

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah. Whenever you import, it will detect all teams that had exactly 1 more game played since the last time you saved and ask you for the game that happened with that team.

I'm already thinking of an issue with this. If you simulate more than a day at a time (like only caring about your own team's games), then you're going to have issues at that screen, because some teams will have played more than 1 game and thus will not be selectable, and you won't be able to progress. I'll work on that issue and fix it, and release a new version soon. You may want to use the latest stable version instead of the Beta ones until then, but I should have this done tomorrow. Else, you'll have to go through the trouble of simulating one day at a time, saving, opening your save in REditor and exporting, then importing into the database, matching all games, and then saving, and repeating for each day in the schedule. It's a grind, I know, but it's meant to be an optional way of having all the box scores in NST as well. I'll make sure to fix this functionality by tomorrow.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

cool. also how would i go about importing the sample schedule u made in the schedule randomizer thread. for some reason creating a 82 game schedule takes more than 1 day for me now with no more than 3 back to back games. its been running for the past 3 days and this is my 4th time trying to make a new schedule
suirad

Postby jellyno1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Master~the download link has some issue~
thanks~
jellyno1

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:30 pm

As noted:

Leftos wrote:Availability of NBA Stats Tracker is temporarily halted until I get a response from Basketball-Reference.com on whether I can keep on providing the "Download NBA Stats" feature. I should've asked for permission before mining their resources, so this could get ugly. Fingers crossed it doesn't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Leftos wrote:so this could get ugly. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

I'm going to assume Justin won't really mind.
benji

Postby jellyno1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Andrew wrote:As noted:

Leftos wrote:Availability of NBA Stats Tracker is temporarily halted until I get a response from Basketball-Reference.com on whether I can keep on providing the "Download NBA Stats" feature. I should've asked for permission before mining their resources, so this could get ugly. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

ohoh
sorry :oops:
jellyno1

Postby Leftos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

benji wrote:
Leftos wrote:so this could get ugly. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

I'm going to assume Justin won't really mind.

Here's hoping you're right.

I am going to keep releasing NST until I get an answer, but without that feature for now. The archived downloads of NST will also remain unavailable until then.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 am

v1.3.3 Beta released!

Note that although a beta, it is currently the only available and supported version, pending a response from Basketball-Reference.com regarding use of its data. I will not offer support for any earlier version. You should stop using them immediately and upgrade to the latest version.

- Addition: Added pasting to players' Playoff Stats in Team Overview, Team & Player Stats in League Overview
- Improvement: Players in pasted data will try to be determined by their name, if there's no matching ID
- Fix: Saving a team will now save its players' playoff stats as well
- Fix: Fixed behavior of Pick Games window during REDitor imports
- Fix: Fixed crash on some occurrences when switching to date timeframe
- Removal: Downloading real NBA stats has been temporarily disabled, pending response from Basketball-Reference.com on whether the tool can use its data

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 am

v1.3.4 Beta released!
- Addition: Added Opponent Basic & Metric Stats tabs to League Overview
- Fix: Fixed calculated box-scores not updating the teams' opponent stats during REDitor import (v1.3.3 Beta bug)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:23 am

v1.3.5 released!

- Addition: Added Scouting Report tab in Team and Player Overview, providing scouting reports for each team and player for both their season and playoffs performances, as well as significant facts about them (i.e. in which stats they're rated at the top of the league)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am

v1.4 Beta released!

One of the biggest releases in a while, so I hope you enjoy all the work I did today!

- Addition: Added career and season highs for Players (season highs are calculated from box-scores, career highs can be edited via Team/Player Overview or calculated from the season highs)
- Addition: Added player contracts
- Addition: Added importing previous season's stats from NBA 2K12 using REDitor
- Addition: User will now be informed of league transactions whenever you import using REDitor
- Addition: Added player height & weight, along with option to use metric or imperial measurements
- Addition: Added League Leaders rankings as separate factoids in Player Overview's Scouting Reports
- Fix: Fixed some bugs with the League Notables messages
- Improvement: League Notables will always show PPG; also never show DRPG as significant stat
- Improvement: When matching players during an import, the Birth Year will also be used if all other criteria fail to limit the matches to one
- Fix: Fixed various bugs with starting a new season in an existing database
- Fix: Fixed crash when clicking the left arrow buttons to select the last team/player when none were selected before
- Improvement: Minor improvements and bug fixes

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm

This is just awesome man. Thank you so much.

One question I have for you. On your initial instructions you show how to use reditor for the 1st game. Do I have to do those steps before and after every single game. Or is the reditor portion just at the beginning. Thanks again
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Depending on whether you want to use NST to also correct your stats. If you do, you'll have to go through the import before, import after, export procedure for every game (at least every game that you play/watch/enter). It is what it is unfortunately with the Team Stats bug of 2K12. Keep in mind though, going through the REDitor procedure will allow you to keep the box-scores as well, which can also help you do even more advanced analysis (split stats, date timeframes, season highs, player graphs, etc.)

If you're just simulating games though and not playing any of them, the Team Stats bug won't occur, so you can just import into NST whenever you want.

On another note, really can't wait for 2K13's REDitor. :P No Team Stats bug, so you can just import whenever, not having to worry about all this.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Not an issue at all to me having to do it every game as it makes my association blogging so much easier. I just wanted to make sure I had to do it every time. Thanks man...
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Yeah, it does. It really fucking does. I showed how good association blogging can be with NST here, and I've been improving its features in preparation for an association story with 2K13 when REDitor comes out.

Give me a link to your Association blog when you have something for me to read, I'd love to see how you use NST.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:00 am

So I restarted my assoc. I am seeing another error with 1.4 These are the steps I took:

1. Finished game let it autosave then quit
2. Opened Reditor, opened assoc file, exported everything
3. Opened NST, opened DB, imported save, loaded active teams list
4. Then I see this:

5. Selected Rockets @ Kings:

6. I get this eror:

Code: Select all
Unhandled Exception Error Report for NBA Stats Tracker
Version 1.4.0.0

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`3 func)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Interop.REDitor.REDitor.ImportAll(Dictionary`2& tst, Dictionary`2& tstopp, SortedDictionary`2& TeamOrder, Dictionary`2& pst, String folder, Boolean teamsOnly) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Interop\REDitor\REDitor.cs:line 639
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.btnImport2K12_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 438
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 am

Yeeeeah... Sorry for that. Try v1.4.1, think I fixed it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 am

Leftos wrote:Yeeeeah... Sorry for that. Try v1.4.1, think I fixed it.

No worries, that did it...time to start blogging. I usually post my blogs on digitalsportscene but I will do it here also
albidnis

Postby Eirsej on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi, please do an update for 14-game associations. I'd love to use this for my assoc. Thank you very much! :D
Eirsej

Postby Leftos on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

What's missing for it to be compatible with 14-game Associations?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding