NBA Live Developers Thread

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

NBA Live Developers Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 pm

This is a replacement thread for OG's original post, to create an open dialogue with the NBA Live Development Team. I expect we'll be getting an opportunity to provide feedback on specific issues as indicated by the devs but for the moment, I'd encourage everyone to check out this thread and compile a list of their top ten wishes in each area of the game.

Also feel free to post miscellaneous suggestions and questions in here. The team is keeping tabs on this section so our suggestions will be heard and hopefully we can get a few answers when their schedule permits and they're allowed to talk about certain things.

Note: The previous thread had to be nixed due to a few issues as we don't want to get anyone into trouble. Unfortunately it only occurred to me to split off some of the recent posts or soft delete the thread so we could copy and paste some of the lengthier posts in here as I'd finished deleting it. That's my screw up, sorry guys. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live Developers Thread

Postby Ermolli on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 am

I've a question to the devs, I don't know if the can answer it but I'll ask anyways. Since you (Scott, Postgame and the rest of the team) are trying to make a basketball simulation and try to strategies, are coached going to have an effect during a game or are they just a person that sits on the bench next to the players? I'm asking because I believe coaches should make an impact in the game and great coaches should be differenciated from mediocre ones, like Gregg Popovich should be more valuable in the game by making adjustments during the game (defensive matchups, abuse offensively certain weakness from the other team, more offensive plays) than Vinny Del Negro. I think coaches should be important in Live which could affect how we play games, even in dynasty mode by selecting coaches with different offensive schemes, philosophy,caracteristics, strengths and weaknesses.
Ermolli

Postby 22cedric on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 am

Will fans be able to send feeback on what they would like to see improved in certain areas in NBA Live such as Online, gameplay, presenation, dynasty, etc ? I have some great ideas that NBA Live devs can implement in terms of the presenation and ESPN.
22cedric

Postby The X on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am

Any chance on getting the Dynasty mode programmers/designers in here? I'm sure a few of us would like to pick their brain :P :wink:

22cedric wrote:Will fans be able to send feeback on what they would like to see improved in certain areas in NBA Live such as Online, gameplay, presenation, dynasty, etc ? I have some great ideas that NBA Live devs can implement in terms of the presenation and ESPN.

Please re-read first post in this thread. Andrew provided a link. If you follow that, you can provide your ideas in that thread. Once it gets more populated, I'm sure they'll find it useful to get a quasi-consensus on what the A-Z/1-10 priorities are from a fan's perspective.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 am

Also, feel free to post suggestions and questions here. The developers are keeping tabs on the Forum and will hopefully be able to have some more interaction with us in the near future.

Unfortunately I had to shut down the other thread as there were some issues and I don't want to get anyone into trouble. I apologise to anyone who posted lengthy feedback in there, it was only as I was finished deleting the thread that I realised I should've split off some of the recent posts or at least soft deleted it so we could copy and paste some of the feedback in the new thread. That's my screw up, sorry guys. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Did the other 2 threads the devs were posting in get deleted? I can't see them anymore.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby benji on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Nick wrote:Did the other 2 threads the devs were posting in get deleted? I can't see them anymore.

No, just the one. The one I posted in is still up: viewtopic.php?f=131&t=87880
benji

Postby HoosierDaddy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 am

Nice job, Andrew. Ruined all my good posts.

LOL, jk

I will be keeping up with this thread and will provide some input at a later date.
HoosierDaddy

Postby Nick on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 am

Dammit, that thread was gold.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Ermolli on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:34 pm

It's been a while since any of the two devs appeared int these forums, I guess the interaction between us and them is dead again.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:05 am

For now, but they are still keeping tabs on us and we'll hopefully be able to resume those conversations a little down the road.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby OGSPORTS on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am

Ermolli wrote:It's been a while since any of the two devs appeared int these forums, I guess the interaction between us and them is dead again.

We're still here buddy. Always checking in :)
OG
@ScottOGallagher
OGSPORTS
NBA 2K Developer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 am

I know we have a couple wishlist threads going, but if there anything else you want input on, we are willing and waiting to help (Y) (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 am

Indeed. I'm guessing most of our Wishes still stand for the most part, but some of us are definitely up for providing specifics and/or clarification on previous feedback.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am

Is there a way in the future for EA(or the Live developers) to release a beta for select members of NLSC(the admins specifically)?

I know that some review sites gets some early development code or beta to test and give some feedback to the game via a preview article or something. That might be a good way to get feedback with the community.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Ermolli on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm

JaoSming wrote:I know we have a couple wishlist threads going, but if there anything else you want input on, we are willing and waiting to help (Y) (Y)

That's what I was thinking, maybe the developers could bring a topic for us to give our input or that the developers ask for clarification or thoughts about certain post or idea someone gave on the wishlists or another topic.
Ermolli

Postby Ermolli on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 pm

dei. wrote:Is there a way in the future for EA(or the Live developers) to release a beta for select members of NLSC(the admins specifically)?

I know that some review sites gets some early development code or beta to test and give some feedback to the game via a preview article or something. That might be a good way to get feedback with the community.

I don't know if they'll do it (I'm doubting it) but it's the easiest way to help and make the product better, the problem is that some would use the beta just to bash or not give specific opinions about what's good and bad.
Konami releases two demos for their PES games, first an early demo (I guess in beta state) which they use to recieve feedback and then they release the final demo with the fixes that were most asked by the people who downloaded the demo. The input given has helped Konami a lot because luckily the franchise could make a comeback and now it's head to head with FIFA.
Open or closed betas are very rare in sports games but I feel it's a great oportunity for EA to benefit from direct feedback to turn around things and once again become a good product.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Well, I'm certainly up for that, but I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I don't know if I should put it here or in a new topicbut maybe here's the best option. I was thinking about players, their tendencies and a system. For example in a dynasty (talking about the mode) if two players (A and B) that require having the ball are in the same team will this affect the way the team performs? Let's say the system that the team has requires player B to play off the ball, will his tendecies adapt to the team needs? If player B have a low offensive awareness rating will he have trouble adapting to his new role? Let's say now that player A is the one who has to play more off the ball but has a good offensive awareness rating, would he be more effective in the game than player B? If A and B share the ball handling in turns or equaly, will this affect the way both perform? I'm asking all this because those type of things could make an impact or at least affect when we play Dynasty Mode or when people who play the game try to do things that certain players than aren't capable of doing well. Perhaps the coaching staff in that team could make this work when other coaching staff couldn't, that would make the mode interesting, don't you think?
Ermolli

Postby benji on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 pm

In the banished thread we started to consider that type of thing. I think it's fundamentally important to the design of the games but I don't know if really has ever been explored at the necessary theoretical level.

It certainly hasn't been discussed publicly.

EDIT: Never mind, if I had read my own posts in this thread I would see it's still up: viewtopic.php?p=1549061#p1549061
benji

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm

I wouldn't expect to get a beta version. I wouldn't mind going to florida to get an early look like some journalists do, though.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm

OGSPORTS wrote:We're still here buddy. Always checking in :)

Nice write up about you in the Orlando Sentinel. :)

So how's the mo-cap session? You guys gonna use all new mo-cap or just the old stuff or a mix of both? Any chance of seeing a brief footage of the mo-cap, just even a video of stick figures moving in the monitor?

You guys must be planning/doing something BIG to blackout any news about a mo-cap session. 2K better watch their back Live is going to be back!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JBulls on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 pm

If you're not doing this already, I would like the jump shot animations to be fixed. I hope I'm not the only one who's noticed how static the animations look. Sometimes it appears they're jumping straight up with no visible force underneath them, and when they get up in the air, they're frozen until the shot release animation is initiated. Not very fluid in my opinion.
JBulls

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm

shadowgrin wrote:

So how's the mo-cap session? You guys gonna use all new mo-cap or just the old stuff or a mix of both? Any chance of seeing a brief footage of the mo-cap, just even a video of stick figures moving in the monitor?

You guys must be planning/doing something BIG to blackout any news about a mo-cap session. 2K better watch their back Live is going to be back!

I think you logged in to the wrong account, cedric.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 am

Pdub wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:

I think you logged in to the wrong account, cedric.

What do you mean that I logged into the wrong account ?
22cedric

Next

Return to NBA Live 14