NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Postby NovU on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm

That one offensive board stopped your boy reaching 30. Bosh raped him. Hard.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:12 am

bowdown wrote:From what I have observed from Royce White so far, he seems to be a sociopath. I posted this on RealGM and going to share it here as well

Here is my reasoning...I saw this post by HurricaneKid in the Royce White thread and damn Royce is fitting the characteristics too damn well..

HurricaneKid said:

Does anyone know his history? He was suspended from the HS team, then later expelled from HS. But he continued enormous basketball success and got a full ride to Minnesota. When at Minnesota he was suspended for a year when he stole a bunch of clothes from the Mall of America. When he was caught he pushed the security guard to the ground twice, pleading down to theft and disorderly conduct rather than face assault charges. The next year he was caught stealing a laptop from a student and charged with theft and trespassing. When he was charged he dropped out of school.

Thats how he ended up at Iowa St.

I know he has some serious issues but he has not exactly earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Have you seen his documentary on Youtube where he tries to look like such an innocent young man crying over his "anxiety" problem? I saw the Blazers-Houston summer league game and this guy came off as the biggest douche/jerk/inconsiderate piece of **** Ive seen in a while.

Sociopaths love to make a big deal of any discomfort going on in their lives because they only care about themselves. They dont give two **** about their obligation towards other people or how their constant bitching and moaning is causing discomfort to others. White is fitting the characteristics perfectly.

He first tries to gain peoples' pity by looking like someone in serious distress?---Check.

Treating the Rockets like they owe him for problems caused by and related to only him?-------Check

History of being in trouble with the law, and even after being caught he refuses to admit or feel guilt (pushing the security guard down twice)----------Check.

This guy is a sociopath. Dont be fooled by his "serious anxiety problem". Sociopaths love to make people feel sorry for them because it makes it easier for them to manipulate and take advantage of people. This guy has enjoyed a nice paycheck, good medical attention, and still refuses to see how he is at fault for taking all the Rockets money and not playing basketball.....

Nothing in his life history gives us any reason to sympathize with him. Dont give him the benefit of the doubt, he doesnt deserve it. He is using other people to enjoy a good life. This is how sociopaths thrive.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Kenny on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 am

phpBB [video]

Love the way the commentator says "Timmy!" :lol:
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 am

badreligionau wrote:Love the way the commentator says "Timmy!" :lol:

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby bowdown on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 am

shadowgrin wrote:
bowdown wrote:From what I have observed from Royce White so far, he seems to be a sociopath. I posted this on RealGM and going to share it here as well

Here is my reasoning...I saw this post by HurricaneKid in the Royce White thread and damn Royce is fitting the characteristics too damn well..

HurricaneKid said:

Does anyone know his history? He was suspended from the HS team, then later expelled from HS. But he continued enormous basketball success and got a full ride to Minnesota. When at Minnesota he was suspended for a year when he stole a bunch of clothes from the Mall of America. When he was caught he pushed the security guard to the ground twice, pleading down to theft and disorderly conduct rather than face assault charges. The next year he was caught stealing a laptop from a student and charged with theft and trespassing. When he was charged he dropped out of school.

Thats how he ended up at Iowa St.

I know he has some serious issues but he has not exactly earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Have you seen his documentary on Youtube where he tries to look like such an innocent young man crying over his "anxiety" problem? I saw the Blazers-Houston summer league game and this guy came off as the biggest douche/jerk/inconsiderate piece of **** Ive seen in a while.

Sociopaths love to make a big deal of any discomfort going on in their lives because they only care about themselves. They dont give two **** about their obligation towards other people or how their constant bitching and moaning is causing discomfort to others. White is fitting the characteristics perfectly.

He first tries to gain peoples' pity by looking like someone in serious distress?---Check.

Treating the Rockets like they owe him for problems caused by and related to only him?-------Check

History of being in trouble with the law, and even after being caught he refuses to admit or feel guilt (pushing the security guard down twice)----------Check.

This guy is a sociopath. Dont be fooled by his "serious anxiety problem". Sociopaths love to make people feel sorry for them because it makes it easier for them to manipulate and take advantage of people. This guy has enjoyed a nice paycheck, good medical attention, and still refuses to see how he is at fault for taking all the Rockets money and not playing basketball.....

Nothing in his life history gives us any reason to sympathize with him. Dont give him the benefit of the doubt, he doesnt deserve it. He is using other people to enjoy a good life. This is how sociopaths thrive.

Aw, thats so nice that you think its a cool story but you made the mistake of thinking I give a shit about what you had to say about it.

Shadowgrin, sounds like some creeper hiding in the bushes peeping through a bedroom window with a grin on his face.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:35 am

I wouldn't dismiss Royce White's documented mental problems completely out of hand, but when I read that he'd refused his assignment to the D-League, I did start to wonder what kind of issues he had beyond a fear of flying and OCD. Maybe he is a sociopath, maybe he's just getting some really bad advice on how to carry himself in these dealings, but mental problems or not the situation is being handled poorly at his end.

The Rockets did admittedly get themselves into the situation, seeing as how they drafted him with the knowledge he had these issues. However, they seem to have gone above and beyond in trying to accommodate him while he refuses to meet them halfway. Even if he's to be given a pass because of his mental problems, the people looking out for him should be doing a much better job of mediating and handling the situation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 am

lol Charlie V ejected for flagrant two
Andrew wrote:I did start to wonder what kind of issues he had beyond a fear of flying and OCD

It's long been known he has an anxiety disorder. Those are just symptoms of it.

Same with this whole disagreement on whether the Rockets are following whatever thing the doctors have suggested. The team probably is doing the right thing by trying to get him to head down to Rio Grande and play for them.

White says he's fine with being sent down but neither he nor the Rockets will say whatever this condition they aren't meeting is. It's probably minor but White is using it as a way to avoid something else. Or, perhaps more likely, someone in his camp is using it and taking advantage of White.

The fact that the Rockets aren't having leaks badmouthing him and saying he's faking means the medical diagnosis is probably pretty sound from what they can tell. (Plus they aren't even considering trading or waiving him.) And it's all consistent with an anxiety disorder. He's missing large components of a sociopath diagnosis no matter how much someone reading fourth hand stories might despise him.
benji

Postby NovU on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Amount of favorable calls the Knicks get somewhat irritates me. They makin Carmelo pretty much untouchable.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Kenny on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:41 pm

The Nuggets continue to be unpredictable by beating the hottest team in the league. We also saw this from JaVale McGee

phpBB [video]

I actually think his jumpshot looked pretty good on that one. A lot better than Bynum's sorry looking three last season.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm

bowdown wrote:Shadowgrin, sounds like some creeper hiding in the bushes peeping through a bedroom window with a grin on his face.

If that's what you want me to be, sure why not.
I believe that the same way I believe your qualified professional assessment of a person's psychological problem.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby bowdown on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
bowdown wrote:Shadowgrin, sounds like some creeper hiding in the bushes peeping through a bedroom window with a grin on his face.

If that's what you want me to be, sure why not.
I believe that the same way I believe your qualified professional assessment of a person's psychological problem.

Well, I certainly dont believe I cant be wrong, but given what I have seen from him so far, I would take precaution if I had to deal with him in real life.
bowdown

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm

badreligionau wrote:
phpBB [video]

Pretty awesome celebration if you ask me. Kinda glad to see the Clippers' streak snap; for some time today I pondered whether they would build up to a 22-game win streak.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 pm

I think the Nuggets and Javale were the last choice in anyone's mind when one would think of the Clippers streak ending :P
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Axel. wrote:Kinda glad to see the Clippers' streak snap; for some time today I pondered whether they would build up to a 22-game win streak.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Kind of a shame the Clippers didn't at least get to 20 straight wins, which would've equaled their all-time worst losing streak and placed them in the top ten for both winning and losing streaks in league history.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 pm

It was bound to happen the way it did. Everyone had an off night at the same time, but now they can get back to winning.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
Axel. wrote:Kinda glad to see the Clippers' streak snap; for some time today I pondered whether they would build up to a 22-game win streak.

I'm also nervous about the Clippers tying the Rockets (or surpass them). But Yao proved me wrong. :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby deihatein on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Mavs finally win via a Vince Carter vintage performance and will probably lose against the Heat the next night.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Leftos on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am

Most lovable person on the Pistons? Trainer Mike Abdenour. Helps the referee in last night's game vs the Kings, then gets a technical called on him for helping Brandon Knight while a play was still going.

No good deed goes unpunished, just like the Recap commentator noted.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130101/SACDET/gameinfo.html
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Cartar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:13 am

Leftos wrote:Most lovable person on the Pistons? Trainer Mike Abdenour. Helps the referee in last night's game vs the Kings, then gets a technical called on him for helping Brandon Knight while a play was still going.

No good deed goes unpunished, just like the Recap commentator noted.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130101/SACDET/gameinfo.html

You got the wrong link, fixed it for you.
Cartar

Postby NovU on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 am

Meanwhile OKC took over the top spot in the league. Seems like Harden's not really being missed at all as other players are stepping up big time. Worked out pretty good for both the Thunder and Rockets.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Phil89 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Thunder were down by 23 in the second quarter, now they've cut it to 4 at the end of the third. Hope they can continue it into the fourth and steal this win.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby deihatein on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Dirk seems to finally have his rhythm back. 19 points against the heat :applaud:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby NovU on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Very nice. Against the Heat frontcourt that limited VUCEVIC to 20pts 30rebs the other day.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby deihatein on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball