SCOREBOARD- TWC version 2a. FOX, NBA, ESPN made.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: SCOREBOARD- first release 30.12.2012

Postby StormsWarning on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 am

this is what i get using ur tnt scoreboard, it overlaps alot of side stuff, team foulls etc

Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby haaaaanis on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am

StormsWarning wrote:this is what i get using ur tnt scoreboard, it overlaps alot of side stuff, team foulls etc

this is the overlay I ment exrxixxx!
Is it possible that you release a version without that overlay...that u remove this?
haaaaanis

Postby Rangez on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 am

Are we suppose to use KeepMyMod Tool thing?
°°°°°Rangez°°°°°
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Michael Jordan
NBA 2k Montage/Mix Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr2KImpossible
NBA Real Life Mixes: http://www.youtube.com/user/TdotPrid3
Comment, Rate and Subscribe! :)
Rangez

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 am

haaaaanis wrote:
StormsWarning wrote:this is what i get using ur tnt scoreboard, it overlaps alot of side stuff, team foulls etc

this is the overlay I ment exrxixxx!
Is it possible that you release a version without that overlay...that u remove this?

TNT and ESPN scoreboards was not created by me, I just removed "Sample text". These are old files from NBA 2k12,
But actually I think it's fixable. I will check this after some sleep, then Redskins-Cowboys, and again some sleep.
exrxixxx
Please do not write me PM if you can ask the same in Soreboards thread

Postby Ice21Mandels on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
ap18 wrote:i have a problam
no matter what scoreboard i put it stays on te defult scoreboard of2k
what to do?

Delete newscorebug.iff at C:/Users/Your User name/AppData/Roaming/2K sports/NBA 2K13/Online Date/
...by doing this only the file with the same name will work from C:/Program Files/2k sports/NBA2K13.

C:/Users/Your User name/AppData/Roaming/2K sports/NBA 2K13/Online Date/
has priority over C:/Program Files/....

...or overwrite the first priority file...

... or use KeepMyModTool or whatever. I really did not tested all the methods, I use the first one and not connecting online because I have nothing to do online (i am not interested in default rosters, official updates, etc.)

sir can you help me remove the sample text in this NBC scoreboard.iff, coz i want to use this nbc... thnx.. for your project... and scoreboard... here's the link... http://www.mediafire.com/?7wyhvd01h8fo8fv...
Ice21Mandels

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Sure, gather it from the first post.
exrxixxx

Re: SCOREBOARD- NBC, ESPM, TNT

Postby Wolverine on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I imported ESPN Scoreboard (normal version), but ingame there still is the defaul scoreboard of 2k, why?
Wolverine

Postby Kyrius on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:40 pm

I want to edit out the ESPN scoreboard and remove the timeout bars that doesn't even work. How should I save the scoreboard template dds as? DXT 1 or PNG or something? Need help! :)
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Wolverine wrote:I imported ESPN Scoreboard (normal version), but ingame there still is the defaul scoreboard of 2k, why?

1) read previous messages on this forum, or

2) read this thred
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88654
exrxixxx

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Kyrius wrote:I want to edit out the ESPN scoreboard and remove the timeout bars that doesn't even work. How should I save the scoreboard template dds as? DXT 1 or PNG or something? Need help! :)

I am not sure this is worth to try to remove the yellow bars, but if you insist on it...

...Open the file with Nba2KX_ModTool 2k12 or 3DM Tool.
Find the texture you would like to edit and export as DDS.

Modify with GIMP or any other DDS supported software. The you must save the texture by "Save As" functiion and maintain the the compression requirements that was on original DDS (DXT1, DXT2, RGBA, BMP, resolutions, mipmaps and whatever).
If you want to have other resolution or compression, then you must HEX edit newscorebug.iff before importing the texture

Later import it back with Nba2KX_ModTool 2k12 or 3DM Tool.
Last edited by exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exrxixxx

Postby Ice21Mandels on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm

exrxixxx wrote:Sure, gather it from the first post.

tnx man you remove the sample txt in my nbc scoreboard...great..
Ice21Mandels

Postby Marek on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 pm

I wonder why some people got SAMPLE inscription, and others don't? I tried ESPN scoreboard, but still that SAMPLE in the middle of the bar...
Marek

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm

exrxixxx, Nice work! :bowdown2: How do you manage to hide the sample text? I'd try the NBC scoreboard same problem above post overlapping violations.
see preview:

By the way, i'm the one who made that NBA on NBC Scoreboard for NBA2K12 97-98 Mods. :mrgreen:
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Marek wrote:I wonder why some people got SAMPLE inscription, and others don't? I tried ESPN scoreboard, but still that SAMPLE in the middle of the bar...

Could you please post the screenshot, I will try to help. I wonder how it could be in the middle of the screen. What game resolution do you use. 640x480? :)
exrxixxx

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Mr.Xcitement96 wrote:exrxixxx, Nice work! :bowdown2: How do you manage to hide the sample text? I'd try the NBC scoreboard same problem above post overlapping violations.
see preview:

By the way, i'm the one who made that NBA on NBC Scoreboard for NBA2K12 97-98 Mods. :mrgreen:

Great, old good times NBA on NBC.:)

BTW, I just removed remaining "Sample" text on VIOLATION PANEL, so in few minutes will be release ESPN, TNT and NBC Scoreboards, Version 1.1 (Sure with indication about NBC author) :)

BTW2. I also like FIBA scoreboard very much for international playing, but EDA is creating his own FIBA mod where he use it, and without his permission I will not release it as I don't want to spoil his intentions
exrxixxx

Postby san on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Again detailed istructions of my tip, 'cause lot of people send me email requesting help. These are the minimal steps:

Substitute the newscorebug.iff

at C:/Users/Your User name/AppData/Roaming/2K sports/NBA 2K13/Online Data/downloads/
and
at C:/Program Files/2k sports/NBA2K13.

then in
C:/Users/Your User name/AppData/Roaming/2K sports/NBA 2K13/Online Data/downloads/

right click on newscoreboard.iff file and select 'read only'

to restore the original simply de select 'readonly' properties, at the next start of the game the original scoreboard will downloaded automaticaly from the server

PS: this mode will deny the online playng features

Hope it helps
San
Last edited by san on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
san

Re: SCOREBOARD- NBC, ESPN, TNT v1.1

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks SAN for helping people with running an overlay.
Last edited by exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exrxixxx

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 pm

VERSION 1.1 on the first page.

- Fixed Violation Panel

exrxixxx

Postby Kyrius on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 pm

Hmmm i tried what you did and the modtool cant apparently overwrite it. I don't know the properties of the scoreboard image..
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 pm

Kyrius wrote:Hmmm i tried what you did and the modtool cant apparently overwrite it. I don't know the properties of the scoreboard image..

Appearently you are trying to overwrite an image with different attributes than original.
Before exporting/importing an image you must know what kind of compression was used for the texture (Read modtools tutorials for how to find this info). Actually it's not hidden, it's on the 3DM or NBA..MODTool screens, check top, bottom corners).

The problem with ESPN is that texture is saved (if I remember well) in RGBA 1 layer. It will be much harder for you comparing to standard DXT. Probably you have to find out is it 8, 16 or 32 bits or whatever) also.
I am not working with past year's ESPN texture, therefore I don't have many more information for this particular texture. My advise would be to take more standard texture first - let's say TNT, which is 512x512 DXT5 I believe (check it). Try to edit this one first. If you'll succeed, moved further to ESPN.
exrxixxx

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 pm

exrxixxx wrote:Great, old good times NBA on NBC.:)

BTW, I just removed remaining "Sample" text on VIOLATION PANEL, so in few minutes will be release ESPN, TNT and NBC Scoreboards, Version 1.1 (Sure with indication about NBC author) :)

BTW2. I also like FIBA scoreboard very much for international playing, but EDA is creating his own FIBA mod where he use it, and without his permission I will not release it as I don't want to spoil his intentions

Great fix! Yup, permission first cause some total conversion modder wants to released it together with their mods. Just like that NBC scoreboard they didn't know it was mine because it's released together with the mods. Ok keep it up bro! If i do some scoreboard, i PM you for some help... :oops: (Y)
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 pm

But it was not as in your case. I included NBC overlay to the pack as you published it freely here :)
GL GL
exrxixxx

Postby Marek on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 pm

exrxixxx wrote:
Marek wrote:I wonder why some people got SAMPLE inscription, and others don't? I tried ESPN scoreboard, but still that SAMPLE in the middle of the bar...

Could you please post the screenshot, I will try to help. I wonder how it could be in the middle of the screen. What game resolution do you use. 640x480? :)

No no, you got me wrong, not in the middle of the screen, in the middle of the scoreboard, just like on the screenshot posted by StormsWarning :) I use 1080p resolution.

I see you took care of this SAMPLE inscription once and for all I hope :)
Marek

Postby exrxixxx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:36 pm

Marek wrote:
exrxixxx wrote:

No no, you got me wrong, not in the middle of the screen, in the middle of the scoreboard, just like on the screenshot posted by StormsWarning :) I use 1080p resolution.

I see you took care of this SAMPLE inscription once and for all I hope :)

Yes, check it please. To be honest, I even did not tested ESPN scroreboard, I just HEX edited and released it here. Somehow I was sure it have to work.

BTW, 1080p is related more to TV than to PC. You might still be transfering 640x480 resolution to TV from your pc, while TV just only shows that it is capable to show image up to 1080p quality
exrxixxx

Postby Sixers85 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

exrxixxx wrote:VERSION 1.1 on the first page.

- Fixed Violation Panel

bro, but is possible to move this violation box whre you want?..because in TNT playoff edition this bar need to move more hight
Sixers85
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding