[5-5] Fear the Brow | Chapter 2: Time for change.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

[5-5] Fear the Brow | Chapter 2: Time for change.

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 am

Decided to make this dynasty completely out of the blue, to be honest. I haven't been to this page in ages and even though I did make a few attempts at dynasty stories years ago, I am really not familiar with all that nowadays. Despite that, I thought that writing down all the stuff that goes on will make the game a lot more interesting for me, as will giving the players some actual characters and stories that they can be built around.

Considering the fact that I've been away from all the NBA kind of stuff for quite some time now, I won't really make any promises or big goals for myself or anyone else who decides to follow this story. The main goal for me will be to spark up some of the NBA 2K13 association experience, seeing how I enjoy some sort of fictional character development. To create this certain type of character development, I will probably bring in the legendary "behind the scenes" kind of posts, something along the lines of what Sit, Chaser7 and many others have done in the past.

I'll be using NBA 2K13 with completely random settings and sliders, something that will make the game enjoyable and realistic. I'll use the default rosters (which means no Harden to Houston trade etc). Other than that, just enjoy what happens and I am absolutely hoping to receive any kind of feedback - comments and constructive criticism.

Here goes!
Last edited by Oskar on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
Oskar

Re: [0-0] Fear the Brow. | 2012-2013 New Orleans Hornets.

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:15 am

STARTING FIVE:

Image Image Image Image Image

PG: Gilbert Arenas
      SG: Eric Gordon
      SF: Terrence Williams
      PF: Ryan Anderson
      C: Anthony Davis

ROLE PLAYERS:

Image Image Image Image Image

PF: Darrell Arthur
      F: Al Farouq Aminu
      G: Austin Rivers
      C: Robin Lopez
      PF: Jason Smith

DEEP BENCH:

Image Image Image Image

PG: Greivis Vasquez
      G: Roger Mason Jr.
      F: Hakim Warrick
      G: Wayne Ellington
Last edited by Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oskar

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 am

to be updated.
Oskar

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 am

27th October, 2012 - Hornets sign Gilbert Arenas to 1yr/$6.60M deal.

Earlier today, the New Orleans Hornets announced the signing of free agent, NBA veteran Gilbert Arenas.

Read more...

28th October, 2012 - Arthur, Ellington to New Orleans; Henry to Memphis.

Image Image Image
      The New Orleans Hornets have announced a trade with their conference rivals, the Memphis Grizzlies. The trade will send Xavier Henry to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Darrell Arthur and Wayne Ellington.

Read more...

30th October, 2012 - New Orleans snatches Terrence Williams with a 1yr/$5M contract.

The wingman free agent Terrence Williams has signed a 1-year, $5-million deal with the New Orleans Hornets.

Read more...
Oskar

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 am

A new idendity.
    It was just the morning, 7 AM to be exact. There was another hour until the morning workout session. Anthony Davis arrived an hour early to the practice facility, clearly hyped up about the upcoming season, and the start of his NBA career in general. He entered the dressing room with a stunned facial expression, sparkling like a little star despite the spectacularly crooked teeth. The actual NBA vibe kicked in at last, he felt ready. Ready to take on the league, ready to lead the Hornets.

He sat down on the wooden bench between the rows of wardrobes, glaring around the room from underneath his Charlotte Hornets snapback. He removed the massive Dre headphones from around his head, allowing for them to fall down to his neck level. Only then did he hear the repeated bounces from the gym, echoing through the empty hallways of the practice facility in this quiet morning. As there was still plenty of time until the start of the actual practice, he slowly raised up, kicking his feet into action to give the gym a quick look. Having made his way to the dark gym, he quickly noticed the source of the bouncing sound - it was coach Monty Williams, bouncing a basketball through his legs as he sat down on a metal chair, curiously staring at the MacBook placed on his lap. He never tracked his attention over to Anthony, which in a way set a little more inspiration to the lanky Davis.

After curiously looking around in the facility, Anthony returned to the dressing room. By that time, a few others had made it: Wayne, Al Farouq, Robin, Gilbert, and to the surprise for the rest of the crowd - Terrance Williams. Apparently, the signing of Williams had recieved very little attention from the present individuals. However, apart from AD, Farouq and Robin, all of Wayne, Gilbert and Terrence were new to the team, having missed out on training camp along with the rest of the team.

After the somewhat tired, yet partially anxious and impatient dressing room talk among the youngsters, the practice time finally arrived, as did the rest of the team. Majority of the players quickly rushed over to the cart of basketballs, ready to throw up shots non-stop, unable to hide their enormous anticipation for the upcoming season. It had been a long offseason, and it was clear judging by the faces of the players. After approximately five minutes of unsettled shootaround, coach Monty blew his sparkingly yellow whistle in attempt to catch the attention of the players. Long story short, the players quickly gathered around coach Monty Williams, assistant coach Zach Brewer and trainer Corie Love.

"Morning. First of all, some of you might be somewhat surprised to see a new face in here - Terrence. He's signed a full year contract with the team, so he's apart of it now, full time." said coach Monty, shifting his gaze from one face to another, examining the players as some of them curiously observe, yet others stroll around rather carelessly. "We've made some new additions in the past few days, with Gilbert, Darrell, Wayne, and now Terrence. It's a new team with no real idendity as of yet, we lack experience or veteran presence. For that, Derek Fisher has also signed with us, however, as you can see, he is not present right now. Derek will make it to New Orleans in the upcoming days, so it won't be a problem. Anyway, as I was saying - we, the Hornets, are still a team with no certain idendity, no certain reputation. Last season is behind us and hopefully we won't have to carry anything bad from the past with us. To start off the year, we're going to work extremely hard on defense and rebounding. On offense, we'll make sure that the inside-outside game is working on all cylinders, as we clearly do have great presence in each, the frontcourt and the backcourt. We have plenty of capable shooters on our team who shouldn't hesitate to let it fly from behind the line - Ryan, Eric, Gilbert, Austin and many others among you. A lot of the offense will be ran through the two and five positions - Eric and AD. Anyhow, to start off, get ready to embrace defense, hitting the boards, working the inside-outside game and so on. The upcoming months will be difficult, a young team as we are, don't expect anything to be a piece of cake. This is a long project over here, but we've got one single goal - to bring the championship to New Orleans, be it in a year or longer, we'll stay focused on that certain goal."

The crowd around Monty stood still all the time, paying a lot of attention to what the coach was saying. The focused and hungry gaze on each players face appeared frightening even to the coach himself, but he knew that it was all for the good. Only ten minutes of the practice had gone by, yet they appeared eager. Only ten minutes...

... An hour later.

"Good god, how long this nigga finna' keep us running!?" muttered Austin to himself as he leaned on the construction of the basketball hoop, wiping sweat off his forehead in an exhausted manner.
Oskar

Re: [0-0] Fear the Brow. | Chapter 1: A new idendity.

Postby Woogie98 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am

Looking to be a classic!! (Y)
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Wyze on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Quite the first read (Y)

I'm not sure I like the signing of Arenas as you already have two up-and-coming point guards on the roster, however, I'm sure Arenas will make for some great story lines down the road.
Wyze

Postby Oskar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Woogie98 wrote:Looking to be a classic!! (Y)

Thanks pal, stay tuned for more!

Wyze wrote:Quite the first read (Y)

I'm not sure I like the signing of Arenas as you already have two up-and-coming point guards on the roster, however, I'm sure Arenas will make for some great story lines down the road.

Glad you enjoyed it. And yes, the main intention of signing Arenas was for the sake of the story - he's definitely known to be a colorful character, so I'll make sure to spice up some of the story around him. I also found the roster somewhat lackluster on the offensive end, seeing how Austin Rivers is really nothing in real life, and Vasquez is just.. Vasquez. We'll see how it pans out.

On another note, could anybody tell me how to take screenshots of 2K13? I'm in quite some trouble figuring out that part, and it's quite an essential part of the presentation of the story.
Oskar

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Great story and nice presentation! Following this! (Y)
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Oskar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 am

Durant35 wrote:Great story and nice presentation! Following this! (Y)

Thanks for the support!
Oskar

Postby Oskar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:16 am

Spurs rally in 4th, down Hornets 106-101
    106 - San Antonio @ New Orleans - 101

Tony Parker going for 2 of his team-high 19 points.

New Orleans, 31st October, 2012 - The New Orleans Hornets were ready to kick off the season making use of the home court advantage, but the experienced conference rivals San Antonio Spurs had other plans. They kicked the Hornets off with a balanced team effort and a late game spurt to close out the game.

With five players scoring in double-figures, the Spurs capped off the game with an extremely balanced offense. Tony Parker chipped in with 19 points and 11 assists. Tim Duncan, Kahwi Leonard and Manu Ginobili each had 16 points. Ginobili stood out on the defensive end, finishing the game with an impressive 5 steals and 4 blocks.

Amongst the Hornets, the most outstanding performers for the night were Eric Gordon, debutant Anthony Davis and most surprisingly the Venezuelan guard, Greivis Vasquez. Gordon finished with game-high 23 points. Anthony Davis debuted with 22 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks, clearly playing well enough on the defensive end to live up to his reputation as an "once in a lifetime defender". The Hornets received brief support from their bench guard, Greivis Vasquez, who managed to fill the boxscore with a 11 point, 3 rebound, 3 assist and 2 steal game despite playing only 8 minutes. Austin Rivers started his career with 9 points along with 3 rebounds and 3 assists, similarly to Vasquez.

SAS: 26 27 24 29 - 106
      NOH: 20 33 26 22 - 101

Player of the Game
      Tony Parker - 19 points, 11 assists

Outstanding players:
      Tim Duncan - 16 points, 10 rebounds
      Manu Ginobili - 16 points, 5 steals, 4 blocks
      Kahwi Leonard - 16 points, 8 rebounds

Eric Gordon - 23 points, 5 assists
      Anthony Davis - 22 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals
      Greivis Vasquez - 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, 8 minutes

Photos:

Anthony Davis slams it in Diaws face.

Two likely all-star candidates meeting off.

Austin Rivers displaying his quick handles as he drops Parker on his butt.

Parker on yet another highlight as he gets one stuffed in his face by Vasquez.

Other notable performances:

Kobe Bryant (LAL) vs DAL - 37 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals
      Dwight Howard (LAL) vs DAL - 29 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks
      Chris Paul (LAC) vs MEM - 33 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists, 6-9 3PT
      Dwight Howard (LAL) vs POR - 36 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals
Oskar

Re: [0-1] Fear the Brow | Spurs rally in 4th, beat the Horne

Postby Woogie98 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 am

VASQUEZ!!!!!! He needs to start :mrgreen:
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 am

Tough, Spurs may be old. But they know how to handle themselves against some youngsters.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 am

Nice to see you back man. I remember a Bulls story from you (if my memory is right, you acquired Iggy there) :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Oskar on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:16 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Tough, Spurs may be old. But they know how to handle themselves against some youngsters.

Indeed, even though Kahwi Leonard was the one seriously beasting at first.

Thierry • wrote:Nice to see you back man. I remember a Bulls story from you (if my memory is right, you acquired Iggy there) :wink:

Yep, you're right pal. Glad to see you around again, stay tuned for more.

A little teaser, someone will flat out explode next game.
Oskar

Postby Oskar on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 am

Gordon explodes in a 109-101 win against the Jazz
    101 - Utah Jazz @ New Orleans Hornets - 109

Gordon finishing a tough layup with 3 defenders on him.

New Orleans, 2nd November, 2012 - The game in New Orleans kicked off in a stunning manner, as in the first quarter, Eric Gordon matched the amount of points scored by the Utah team as a whole. Gordon and the opponents each scored 23 points in the first quarter. The team show was clearly stolen by Eric Gordon, who set a new franchise record in points scored with 52 and field goals made with 21.

Besides scoring, Gordon carried his team in other elements of the game. He chipped in with 52 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals, shooting a spectacular 21-33 from the field, including 8-12 from downtown. What made the scoring outburst even more impressive was the fact that Gordon only got to the free throw line once, connecting on each shot.

Looking past the spotlight which is clearly on Gordon, the 1st draft pick Anthony Davis and 10th overall pick, Austin Rivers, each played extremely efficiently. Anthony Davis finished the game with 14 points on 7-8 shooting. He also had 9 rebounds and 2 blocks. Austin Rivers tallied 18 points in 18 minutes, hitting 8 of his 9 shots from the field, including one three pointer.

Despite the fact that the Hornets appeared unstoppable that game, some of the Jazz players looked really good in the game as well. Utah's center Al Jefferson scored 24 points, but struggled to grab too many rebounds against the phenomenal rookie, Anthony Davis, grabbing only 3 rebounds for the night. Paul Millsap on the other hand finished with 19 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Mo Williams scored 16 points and also had 7 assists for the night. Randy Foye brought instant offense off the bench, scoring 11 points in only 10 minutes. He shot an impressive 60% from the three point line, connecting on 3 of his 5 attempts.
      UTA: 23 29 21 28 - 101
      NOH: 33 26 24 27 - 109

Player of the Game
      Eric Gordon - 52 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals, 21-33 FG, 8-12 3PT

Outstanding players:
      Austin Rivers - 18 points, 8-9 FG
      Anthony Davis - 14 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 7-8 FG

Al Jefferson - 24 points, 3 rebounds
      Paul Millsap - 19 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists
      Mo Williams - 16 points, 7 assists

Photos of the game:
    Darrell Arthur flushes down a big one.

The bench reaction after Gordon hit 40 points.

Anthony Davis with a big put-back slam.

From left to right: Offense and Defense.

Other notable performances:
      Russell Westbrook (OKC) vs POR - 42 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 12-22 FG, 3-5 3PT, 15-16 FT
      Jeremy Lin (HOU) vs ATL - 25 points, 3 rebounds, 13 assists, 5 steals
      Rajon Rondo (BOS) vs MIL - 13 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals
      LeBron James (MIA) vs NYK - 39 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 14-21 FG, 3-3 3PT
      Dwyane Wade (MIA) vs NYK - 38 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 15-23 FG, 7-7 FT
      Derrick Rose (CHI) vs CLE - 25 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, 5-7 3PT
Oskar

Re: [1-1] Fear the Brow | Somebody literally explodes vs Jaz

Postby Durant35 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:59 am

Woah woah woah! It's still the early season! Don't get so hot! Hahahaha! Gordon 52 points! :D
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Woogie98 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 am

:shock: did he really drop 52
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Awesome, simply awesome for Gordon. And what's perfect, LSU just scored a TD on Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Oskar on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 am

Durant35 wrote:Woah woah woah! It's still the early season! Don't get so hot! Hahahaha! Gordon 52 points! :D

Gordon was really a beast that game, at one point in the first half, I found it difficult to miss from anywhere. Went 5-5 from the three point line in the first half, so I just decided to stick to it and keep firing away from back there. Thanks for following, stay tuned!

Woogie98 wrote::shock: did he really drop 52

Nah, I made that up.

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Awesome, simply awesome for Gordon. And what's perfect, LSU just scored a TD on Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl

Ha-ha, glad to know that, lol. I really don't follow all that, but I'm glad you like what Gordon pulled off!
Oskar

Postby Kenny on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

I hate to knitpick, but if someone literally explodes, they die :P

Anyway, that was a huge game by Eric Gordon. Good to see you getting some production out of Austin Rivers as well.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Oskar on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:39 pm

badreligionau wrote:I hate to knitpick, but if someone literally explodes, they die :P

Anyway, that was a huge game by Eric Gordon. Good to see you getting some production out of Austin Rivers as well.

I'm aware of what you pointed out, but thanks for the reminder, lol. A little bit of exaggerating can only spark more interest to this brand new story. But that aside, it was indeed a huge game by him as I said earlier, it was really just unreal how he was lighting it up, especially from downtown. And yes, Austin Rivers has been surprisingly good, even though I decreased a lot of his skills seeing how he fails to produce in real life. We'll see where it all goes though, thanks for following. :)
Oskar

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Neat layout - I like. Great performance by Gordon. Although literally exploding would mean like what badrel already pointed out ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Oskar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 am

hova- wrote:Neat layout - I like. Great performance by Gordon. Although literally exploding would mean like what badrel already pointed out ;)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. And like I told him, it was merely to attract people with a stupid headline - that's how advertising goes nowadays, hehe. Anyway, stay tuned for more coming!
Oskar

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood