Med's Ultimate Roster v1.1b RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's Ultimate Roster v0.6b RELEASED (Bucks, Raptors)

Postby Medevenx on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Man Child, that's an old pic, so it's Mattan's Superglobal Codename Creeds v2.

HoOpJuNkIe, thanks for this! I'll be sure to include them in my v0.7 update that I expect to be out by New Year's :)

Cod, I guess we have different play styles. I just received different feedback about teams getting scores around 120 to 130 and having a high FG% lol. It's ok to add plays I guess but you know, MKG isn't really an offensive minded player. :) Whatever floats your boat :D
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby MrGrizzlie on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Kudos to you, sir. There are many things I like about your roster and gameplay. First of all, thank you for getting rid of ninja interceptions, which have been annoying me to death since day 1 of playing this game. I have the best passing game with your settings. Less crazy out of bound passes, too. I also get the most realistic rebound stats(no more 11 rebounds for Steve Kerr, lol). However, I cannot understand why Jordan missed all his post fadeaways, sometimes even with Steve Nash or Steve Blake guarding him. I don't know what to tweak since his post fade rating is already almost 99. Too many contact shots made(for both user and cpu) is another thing I did not like, please tone it down a bit if you can. It hurts me when I miss open jumper and they hit crazy tough shot at the other end.
Some adjustment needs to be done with added missing legends. Dr.J's dunks are way too flashy. His go to dunks should be athletic one-handers off one. The rest can be basic one-handers off one, clutch reverse off one (he normally jumped off one foot),historic Jordan(closest thing to his dunk on Michael Cooper),historic Drexler,straight arm tomahawks, cradle dunks and under basket athletic flush. Give C-Webb post playmaker and dimer instead of posterizer and lockdown-d. At that point of his career he was known as one of the best bigman passers.

Sorry for a darn long post. And once again. thank you very much.
MrGrizzlie

Postby chuajefry on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:30 pm

your link to your second main file is broken, it says that it's been removed.
chuajefry

Postby agame2323 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Can someone tell me where the Main 2K Directory folder is located? I'm new to this.
Thanks
agame2323

Postby Medevenx on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 am

HoOpJuNkIe wrote:In their most recent game the Knicks wore white headbands and white accesories. I agree that waiting to add place holders is best. But as far as Melo is concerned, the Knicks need a blue/black color scheme for home/away so his calf sleeve can be correct. That way also they can use blue accesories for home games like his rubberbands in the pic below. Also would you consider doin changing the color scheme of the Lakers? They have been using a white/black and purple/black color scheme in home/away games. Dwight wears white leg sleeves home and black away. Kobe, Dwight, and Gasol wear purple sleeves home and black on the road.

Thanks for these! Will implement them in v0.7 :D

MrGrizzlie wrote:Kudos to you, sir. There are many things I like about your roster and gameplay. First of all, thank you for getting rid of ninja interceptions, which have been annoying me to death since day 1 of playing this game. I have the best passing game with your settings. Less crazy out of bound passes, too. I also get the most realistic rebound stats(no more 11 rebounds for Steve Kerr, lol). However, I cannot understand why Jordan missed all his post fadeaways, sometimes even with Steve Nash or Steve Blake guarding him. I don't know what to tweak since his post fade rating is already almost 99. Too many contact shots made(for both user and cpu) is another thing I did not like, please tone it down a bit if you can. It hurts me when I miss open jumper and they hit crazy tough shot at the other end.
Some adjustment needs to be done with added missing legends. Dr.J's dunks are way too flashy. His go to dunks should be athletic one-handers off one. The rest can be basic one-handers off one, clutch reverse off one (he normally jumped off one foot),historic Jordan(closest thing to his dunk on Michael Cooper),historic Drexler,straight arm tomahawks, cradle dunks and under basket athletic flush. Give C-Webb post playmaker and dimer instead of posterizer and lockdown-d. At that point of his career he was known as one of the best bigman passers.

Probably not dimer, maybe something like Bruiser or Break Starter instead. Dimer is more of a PG thing really. Thanks for your feedback! Will do those Erving adjustments :D

Sorry for a darn long post. And once again. thank you very much.

chuajefry wrote:your link to your second main file is broken, it says that it's been removed.

You sure? This is supposed to be the link. Works for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgdcstfk75msz5a

agame2323 wrote:Can someone tell me where the Main 2K Directory folder is located? I'm new to this.
Thanks

Your Main 2K Directory Folder is the folder with the bunch of files.

%Appdata% Folder = Start > Run > type "%appdata%" > 2K Sports > NBA 2K13 > Saves
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby HoopJunkie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:49 am

I was actually gonna try to update the Lakers and Knicks team colors in my game on my own using the Roster Editor but your roster is very confusing in the Jerseys tab because EVERY TEAM is set to the Sixers lol :shock: ! Guess I'll just have to wait for the updated release. In the meantime here are some body edits that I changed that you may want to consider. Dwight Howard: Athletic to Normal-Ripped (Athletic makes his body unproportional), Damian Lillard: Slim to Normal, Jae Crowder: Slim to Normal, Reggie Evans: Normal to Athletic, Nate Robinson: Normal Buff to Normal Ripped, Isaiah Thomas: Slim to Normal, OJ Mayo: Slim to Normal, and James Harden: Normal Buff to Normal Ripped. (Y)

PAID REQUESTS/DONATIONS--->http://bit.ly/1MOahEu

DON'T JUST PLAY VIDEO GAMES. PLAY BASKETBALL!
HoopJunkie

Postby Kyrius on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 am

Set the toggle to Nov 10. That should do it HoOpJuNKIe. ;)
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby HoopJunkie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am

Ok cool that did it! Thanks Kyrius! By the way your global is dope man!

HoopJunkie

Postby Medevenx on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:16 am

HoOpJuNkIe wrote:I was actually gonna try to update the Lakers and Knicks team colors in my game on my own using the Roster Editor but your roster is very confusing in the Jerseys tab because EVERY TEAM is set to the Sixers lol :shock: ! Guess I'll just have to wait for the updated release. In the meantime here are some body edits that I changed that you may want to consider. Dwight Howard: Athletic to Normal-Ripped (Athletic makes his body unproportional), Damian Lillard: Slim to Normal, Jae Crowder: Slim to Normal, Reggie Evans: Normal to Athletic, Nate Robinson: Normal Buff to Normal Ripped, Isaiah Thomas: Slim to Normal, OJ Mayo: Slim to Normal, and James Harden: Normal Buff to Normal Ripped. (Y)

Hi! Best I can do is:

Howard - Athletic, Buff (Howard's shoulders are incredibly large and only the Athletic body type has this)
Jae Crowder - Normal, Buff
Nate Robinson - Normal, Ripped
Isaiah Thomas - Slim, Ripped

I do not think Reggie Evans should deserve Athletic if Howard does not. I also do not think Isaiah Thomas, and Damian Lillard have the arm muscle mass to be considered Normal. James Harden does not have any shoulder cuts and ripped muscles to be considered ripped.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby HoopJunkie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 am

I see where you're coming from with Dwight's shoulders, the reason I changed it was because his legs look like tree trunks in game. Reggie Evans is shorter and stout so the legs dont look bad. I understand you choice either way bro just trying to help out if possible. I also noticed that the socks for the Thunders alternate in your roster is black but they wear white.

HoopJunkie

Postby mtdub on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:58 am

Med as someone else has posted im getting very low fg% also i played like 5 gms on xmas and not one team had a fg%.higher than the 30s There were a lot of shots that were in my opinion should of been made shots. I play in coach mode so i dont know if that has something to do with it. Im not the greatest when it comes to excuting players moves so i enjoy just calling the plays and letting the cpu excute lol. But other than the many missed shots which results in low fg% you in my opinion have the best roster as far as gameplay goes. Slimm44 roster is pure gold also but not very many updates so i give the nod to your roster. when im not spending time playing the game i would just sit back and watch a cpu vs cpu game with your roster and i swear its like watching a real game. I watched all xmas cpu vs cpu games with your roster and the only game that didnt play out was the bulls game. i was like wow! how freaky. I would like to see fg% in the 40s but other than that your pure gold with your roster.
mtdub

Postby Benuydere on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 am

Hey i couldn't download Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 1 wich located in http://www.mediafire.com/?z51bz790ah83q87

First it was "unknown network error" in Chrome and now it's stuck at %87 in IE
Benuydere

Postby mtdub on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 am

Med i put up a post earlier about having problems with low fg% and i take that post back. i guess more games are needed before i give my final opinon. I just played with the lakers vs heat and both teams couldnt miss at times. my girlfriend is a bigtime basketball fan and she couldnt believe how real the game looked. i had 2k13 for about a month and it was collecting dust before using your roster and some others. I made the mistake of giving the official roster a try and gave up on 13. there was just to much bumping and players bulldozing there way to the basket for my liking. i see very little of that with your roster. Shame on 2k for putting out there junk rosters.
mtdub

Postby agame2323 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 am

I'm sorry but I think I may be doing something wrong during the installation of the files. Do I place the files from the "Meds Roster Patch Main Folder Files" in the SAVES folder or the CACHE folder? Also I am suppose to copy the entire folder or just copy the files in the folder? My Cache folder within 2k contains a bunch of iff files. Please help. THANKS
agame2323

Postby DukeW74 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 am

agame2323 Actually neither of those places, The files from "Meds Roster Patch Main Folder Files" go in the same folder as the game is installed to and the files go in there, NOT the folder, the game needs to find and use the files and it will not use files in child folders. The Cache folder is only used by the game, never put anything there, I doubt it will hurt the game but its useless to do it.
Only the rosters and settings files go in the saves folder from "Meds Roster Patch Appdata Files" Again, no folder, only files.

Normal paths where the game is installed are.
XP
Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13

Vista\Win7
Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13 - 64bit
Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13 - 32bit

Hover over the game start icon and your OS should show just where the game exe is located, Put the files mentioned in there.
Or right click the game icon and choose properties, it will show something like this in the "Target" "C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\nba2k13.exe"
DukeW74

Postby agame2323 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am

DukeW74 wrote:agame2323 Actually neither of those places, The files from "Meds Roster Patch Main Folder Files" go in the same folder as the game is installed to and the files go in there, NOT the folder, the game needs to find and use the files and it will not use files in child folders. The Cache folder is only used by the game, never put anything there, I doubt it will hurt the game but its useless to do it.
Only the rosters and settings files go in the saves folder from "Meds Roster Patch Appdata Files" Again, no folder, only files.

Normal paths where the game is installed are.
XP
Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13

Vista\Win7
Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13 - 64bit
Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13 - 32bit

Hover over the game start icon and your OS should show just where the game exe is located, Put the files mentioned in there.
Or right click the game icon and choose properties, it will show something like this in the "Target" "C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K13\nba2k13.exe"

DukeW74: Thank you soooooo much! This has been extremely helpful. ONE LAST Question.

I've just installed the first files (180mb) that Med advised. NOW...do I also install the files that are 8mb?
agame2323

Postby DukeW74 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Do you mean 80MB? If so then yes to the same place.
"Meds Roster Patch Main Folder Files 2" and "Meds Roster Patch Main Folder Files" go in the game folder - both are required
"Meds Roster Patch Appdata Files" goes in the saves folder
3 files total
DukeW74

Postby Medevenx on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 pm

neccasalmor wrote:Hey i couldn't download Med's Roster Patch Main Folder Files 1 wich located in http://www.mediafire.com/?z51bz790ah83q87

First it was "unknown network error" in Chrome and now it's stuck at %87 in IE

Maybe it's your internet connection?

mtdub wrote:Med i put up a post earlier about having problems with low fg% and i take that post back. i guess more games are needed before i give my final opinon. I just played with the lakers vs heat and both teams couldnt miss at times. my girlfriend is a bigtime basketball fan and she couldnt believe how real the game looked. i had 2k13 for about a month and it was collecting dust before using your roster and some others. I made the mistake of giving the official roster a try and gave up on 13. there was just to much bumping and players bulldozing there way to the basket for my liking. i see very little of that with your roster. Shame on 2k for putting out there junk rosters.

Kudos to having a girlfriend, who is also a basketball fan! (not really that rare but hey)

v0.7 (New Year's release) will also have even more improved gameplay. Increased the foul frequency and added more backdoor cuts.

Also, Rashidi (The Real 2K Insider) just released his ratings

http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.tw/

I would borrow some of these ratings but I don't agree with some of them.

Particularly, Kemba Walker is an 83 (they're not really winning) I don't think he's as good as MANU in his roster. Carmelo Anthony is an 89 at SF (C'mon he's playing at an MVP level and has improved defensively)

v0.7 will have a LOT of gameplay improvements while I might also add the '03 Magic & '04 Wolves by request.

DukeW74 Thanks for answering their questions Duke! :)

Anyway I tried to implement Slim44's Player Tendencies but the tendencies conflicted with my gameplay sliders so I won't be implementing them anymore..
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby chuajefry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:51 pm

got your 2nd main file. can you also give me the link for the rest of your main files? thanks...
chuajefry

Postby Medevenx on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 pm

chuajefry wrote:got your 2nd main file. can you also give me the link for the rest of your main files? thanks...

Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/?z51bz790ah83q87

It's in the download links..
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby agame2323 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 am

I'm creating new rookies to be drafted and when I get to the shoes section I can not change the sneakers they are wearing. Anyway to fix this? THANKS
agame2323

Postby Cod on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 pm

By far the best roster mod I've used. Thanks for all the hardwork. I did some tweaking to the sliders based on our conversation a few pages back and it seems to work well now. Good tough games playing as the Bobcats or Wizards. Thanks again for the great work!
Cod

Postby Medevenx on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Cod wrote:By far the best roster mod I've used. Thanks for all the hardwork. I did some tweaking to the sliders based on our conversation a few pages back and it seems to work well now. Good tough games playing as the Bobcats or Wizards. Thanks again for the great work!

Thanks! Wanna tell me what tweaks you did so I can implement them in v0.7 if they work well?

agame2323 wrote:I'm creating new rookies to be drafted and when I get to the shoes section I can not change the sneakers they are wearing. Anyway to fix this? THANKS

Don't know much about this.. You can assign shoes to them using the Roster Editor I think? I don't know.

v0.7 Updates
-Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks Added for Retro Teams ('84-'02) FINALLY
-Accessory Tweaks for Current NBA Teams (credits to Kyrius)
-Accessory Tweaks for Retro NBA Teams ('85-'02, credits to Maximus89)
-Ratings, Tendencies, & Hotspot Updates (according to various sources)
-Updated Transactions
-Updated Salaries for New Transactions
-Body Type & Muscle Tone Updates
-Updated Team Gear Colors
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby xianpauL on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 pm

updates for the new head coach of Nets and assistant coaches of other teams bro? :D
xianpauL

Postby Kyrius on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 pm

PJ Carlesimo (New Nets Coach) will be implemented on V0.7 :)

Updated the accessories of some NBA players :)

and Jay Z will be the assistant coach. LMFAO just kidding. (Y)
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding