Developing Mid-range Game / Fast Break Defense

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Developing Mid-range Game / Fast Break Defense

Postby Cod on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 pm

I started a new association with the Bobcats tonight and I'm having some issues (yes, I know, worst team in the NBA). I can't develop a mid-range game. Everything is either a 3-pointer or in the paint. Every time I try to run a play for a mid range shot, the defense closes very quickly and I'm taking an off-balance / well defended shot. I've tried isomotion, leading the receiver, etc. and can't get anything to work other than the occasional play. Is there a trick to getting open shots that I'm missing?

Also, on the defensive side, I can't defend against the fast break. I'm getting outrun on most rebounds, which leads to 2v1 against me. Is there a coach setting I should be tinkering with the try and mitigate this problem while maintaining some board crashing?

Last, on a different topic, what's this site's policy on sharing download links with non-members? I know you can find this place via Google and don't have to be a member to download, but I don't want to get in trouble for sharing links with people on the interwebz. Of course, I will give credit to the creator while linking people to the NLSC download page.

Thanks.
Cod

Re: Developing Mid-range Game / Fast Break Defense

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Moved to main 2k13 section.

For me, mid range comes naturally. If I look for midrange shots, they are usually bad or well contested. What I do is try to get a lane on my defender to the hoop and get him to run into another player then step back to the side away from the defense and shoot it. Some of them come out of quick cuts on the perimeter while the ball is in the post. All you need is a step to get space. There are two modifiers as far as being contested. Whether you are being guarded when you are starting your shot, and whether your release is contested. If you can get open for one of those with a good release, you should ne able to knock it down. Don't hesitate to try fall aways and drifters and step backs, either. Learn your personnel and know who your go to guys for midrange shots are.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Medevenx on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Try a roster or a slider that plays much better and more suitable for you..

Try this :)

Med's Ultimate Roster

It has Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks and adjusted sliders
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Cod on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Pdub, sorry for posting in the wrong section. I had two tabs open and I guess I started the thread in the wrong one. I recently finished another game and found that Kemba Walker has a great floater and Ben Gordon has such a high-arc'd shot, that I'm able to create a little more separation.

Medevenx, I actually downloaded your set earlier today. Just haven't transferred it to my gaming rig. I'll give a shot in the next few days.

Thanks for the tips!
Cod

Postby Medevenx on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 pm

You could also change the Shooting Forms & Bases (like that high arcing shot that allows Gordon to shoot over defenders) that can help. I used the Bobcats in my Association for 2K12 too lol. Love using weak teams and developing them to good ones. :)

Anyway try out the roster and sliders soon! Especially since Vannwolfhawk's Playbooks don't have any broken plays like Default 2K does and all the plays have many options in them and are really effective. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K13