Thunder: Team is One | RESTART ON THE WAY

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Struggling stars switch team

Postby Durant35 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 am

Paul Millsap traded to the Bucks for Monta Ellis

It was inevitable. We all know this would happen. Monta Ellis wouldn't thrive in a team if he's not getting the ball in his hands. Paul Millsap would eventually walk away if they let him go to free agency. So, what would be the best solution? Switch teams. The Jazz would receive a gifted scorer along Mo Williams and Paul Millsap would give the Bucks their needed Low Post Presence since Andrew Bogut, who is now with the Golden State Warriors. Raja Bell would balance out the Bucks' defense, which they have been lacking all season long. Meanwhile, the Jazz can take Doron as a prospect and develop him into the player they want him to be.

Bucks get:
F/C Paul Millsap
SG Raja Bell
2013 NBA Draft Pick

Jazz get:
SG Monta Ellis
G Doron Lamb

Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Re: [45-9] Thunder: Team is One | Thunder breezes through

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Very interesting trade I have to say. Seeing Millsap in the East is cool, whilst Ellis and the Jazz does not really fit at all.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [45-9] Thunder: Team is One | Thunder breezes through

Postby Durant35 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't know what happened to the roster. All I did was modify some players, and now I'm getting these trades. :lol:
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder extinguishes the Heat, 146-143

Postby Durant35 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Thunder survives Heat at home, win 146-143

phpBB [video]

GAME RECAP | GAME STORY | TEAM STATS

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (34 PTS, 13 REB, 9 AST, 1 STL and BLK)
Thunder Down Under Kevin Martin (29 PTS, 2 REB, 1 AST and STL)
Thunder Protector: Russell Westbrook (18 PTS, 4 REB, 9 AST and 4 STL)

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA - It seems the fans were in for a treat as the Thunder hosted the Heat just before the All-Star Game. But this game was much more thrilling than the latter. The Heat gained and early advantage on the boards and in points, resulting in a four-point lead after the first quarter. But that reversed as soon as the bench, including the 3-time scoring champion Durantula started the second quarter with a 13-4 run that sparked even the bench to raise their intensity.

The Heat were soundly beaten. Every player on the Heat were simply negated by the Thunder's defense. Despite trailing the first half, Wade and James were the light for the Heat, who had 48 and 35 respectively. But the balanced offense and defense of the Oklahoma City Thunder were too much, and restricted the other Heat players below 15 points. Wade and James were carrying them all throughout the night.

Came in the second half, where the Thunder collapsed at the third, and the Heat made a 20-8 run that saw the Thunder's lead diminish minute by minute. But Russell Westbrook couldn't back down from the challenge. He immediately put up 8 straight points, giving the Thunder a 9-point lead at the end of the third quarter. The game wasn't done yet though.

In the fourth, everything the Heat shot was on the line, as they outscored the Thunder 43-37. It seems the Thunder reverted back to their Finals form, where the Heat were shooting the lights out of them. Durant started the fourth cold, going for 0-for-4. James then did his damage by scoring 6, plus Wade's relentless dunks to the basket. They could pull out the "W".

5 minutes into the quarter, the Heat already led the game. There was no chance for a comeback it seems. But the Thunder has had enough. Coach Scott Brooks immediately sent in his best players and saw daylight, as the Thunder had it going. After an 10-0 run, the Thunder were back in the ball game. Score tied at 143. 5 seconds left. This is where everything counts. Scott Brooks called for a timeout and the Thunder ran the play they had used to beat the Dallas Mavericks a year ago during the early season.

Durant, catches the ball, LeBron, the King, guarding him. Durant goes for the catch-and-shoot, AND FIRES THE THREE-POINTER!!! DAGGER! WITH 0.7 SECONDS LEFT! THUNDER WINS! THUNDER WINS!

After the game, the media stormed out the players as soon as the Thunder extinguished the Heat by Durant's game-winning dagger. "Please explain the whole play!" said by the reporter. "I did what my instincts told me to." replied Kevin Durant. "What a great shot." said Perry Jones, who didn't play. "That's natural to him. He can make that all day long." stated Russell Westbrook, who finished the game with 18 points on 8-of-19, 4 rebounds, 9 assists and 4 steals.

PHOTOS:

Image Image Image Image

Note: Kevin Durant is the Top Player, not Serge Ibaka. 2K glitched on me dammit. Ibaka and Durant's stat line switched. K-Mart and Sef too.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [45-9] Thunder: Team is One | Thunder beats the Heat

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 pm

That's a pretty crazy scoreline for a non-overtime game. Great finish by Durant and great result too. :P
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Crazy game, but perimetre defense seems non-existent on your highlights. A bit arcadish, but I don't mind, as long as you have fun ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Durant35 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Phil89 wrote:That's a pretty crazy scoreline for a non-overtime game. Great finish by Durant and great result too. :P

Thanks! Liking your dynasty too!

I was like, "Is this the All-Star Game?!"

hova- wrote:Crazy game, but perimetre defense seems non-existent on your highlights. A bit arcadish, but I don't mind, as long as you have fun ;)

Zero and Trey5 is too fast for them you see. :lol:

Just joking. Any idea on how to raise them? I'm still trying to perfect my slider. Hehehe... :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------------------------

All-Star game's next! And yeah, it's my winter vacation (About three weeks), so expect daily updates?
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby mrmoves20 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

Was this game on TNT or ESPN? Didn't see it, must've been a fun game to watch. Nice win, Durant35!
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

mrmoves20 wrote:Was this game on TNT or ESPN? Didn't see it, must've been a fun game to watch. Nice win, Durant35!

Thanks bro!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, All-Star Weekend is coming up next!
Click the pic!

Durant35

All-Star Weekend is here! Day 1 to Day 3 Predictions!

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 pm

ALL-STAR WEEKEND!

DAY 1:

Rising Stars:
ImageImage

DAY 2:

All-Star 3-Point Contest

All-Star Dunk Contest

DAY 3:

All-Star Game
ImageImage

Anybody wanna put their two cents and guess the winners? Just for fun!

-------------------------------------------------------

Another thing. I've decided not to trade K-Mart, but I still don't know if I should give him an extension or not. I won't go over the cap though. (Thinking like Presti.) RL Salary Cap for the Thunder is about $70M, and I've used up $67.02M for 2013-2014. One idea I have in mind is getting rid of Perkins, as he has some big contract for a guy coming off the bench.

I've also updated the first post with my Draft Class Form. Fill it up if you wanna be on my draft class.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [45-9] Thunder: Team is One | All-Star Weekend!

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Durant35's NLSC Draft Class Form

Code: Select all
Name:
Birthday:
Position:
Play Style:
College:
Play Types:
Height and Weight:

Deserved Rating: (Explain why you deserve that rating, it will affect your potential and your range in the draft.)

Strengths[3]:
Weaknesses[3]:

Miscellaneous: (Shot Base and Form, and other necessary things)

If you have a CF, please pass it to me.
Last edited by Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 am

Name: Ray Nambayan
Birthday: November 20th, 1993
Position: SG/PG
Play Style: Scoring
College: Just put any (preferably Duke or Kentucky)
Play Types: P&R Ballhandler, Isolation, Cutter
Height and Weight: 6'6", 205 lbs

Description: (What do I put here???) :)

Deserved Rating: 70-75 (because he could be a young D-Wade or Kobe)

Strengths[3]: Good shot creator, DEFENSE , great clutch player
Weaknesses[3]: Post game, athleticism, rebounding

Miscellaneous: (Shot Base and Form, and other necessary things) Release 42, Jumpshot 26. Black, right shooting sleeve and two black hex pads.
Last edited by mrmoves20 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmoves20

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Sorry 'bout that. I forgot to take that out. :D

Form is updated.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Day 1 and Day 2: Rising Stars and Contests

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Rising Stars Challenge

STARS: 28 | 26 | 16 | 29 | 99
ELITES: 17 | 20 | 14 | 26 | 77

Rising Stars MVP: Damian Lillard (18 PTS, 6 REB, 3 AST, 3 STL and 1 TO)

It seems our rookies and sophomores have a different game in mind. All-Star games were all about offense and probably showing off your most spectacular dunk or move. But our rising stars felt different. Defense was felt throughout the game, and everybody was serious about getting the W. All of the guys had missed shots due to great defensive plays. On the Elites' side, Jonas Valanciunas led the defensive plays with 3 blocks and 11 rebounds, while Dion Waiters scored a game-high 21 points but on 7-of-20 shooting performance.

Kenneth Faried probably had the best field goal percentage throughout the whole game, 8-11 for 20 points. Enes Kanter also didn't disappoint by getting a double-double close to Jonas' stat line, 11 points and 10 rebounds, 4 of those were offensive rebounds. Meanwhile, Klay Thompson filled up the stat sheet by having 11 points, 5 rebounds and assists, 1 steal, block and turnover.

3-Point Contest and Dunk Contest

3-Point Contest Winner: Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson wasn't going to take any jokes and shot the ball precisely, as if he was in clutch time. Not that he was ever known to perform in such situations, but certainly, without a hand in his face, he'll drain those shots. And drain he did. Racks; 3 (w/Money Ball), 4 (w/Money Ball), 4, 5 and 3.

Dunk Contest: James White

James White was clearly the underdog, as he and Wesley Johnson faced the dunk champions of the last two years, namely Blake Griffin and Jeremy Evans. But White came out on top, as he dunked over Carmelo Anthony, while performing a pump in the air. We likely have a new "Highness".
Click the pic!

Durant35

Day 3: ALL-STAR GAME

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm

2013 All-Star Game in Houston

phpBB [video]

All-Star Game MVP: Kevin Durant

GAME RECAP | GAME STORY | TEAM STATS | WEST PERFORMERS | EAST PERFORMERS

HOUSTON, TEXAS – It was definitely a thrilling game. Like the rookies and sophomores, it wasn't all offense. The all-stars strayed from the orthodox All-Star Game where it's purely offense and showing off at the first half, then kicking the gear in the second. No, this All-Star Game could be the best one yet. Kevin Durant led all the stars in terms of scoring, by getting 34 Points on 16-of-27 shooting, not his usual stats, but nevertheless, it was awesome.

Kevin Love nicely contributed to the offense, packing up the whole night making 90% of his 10 shots. Accompanying it is his 6 rebounds (3 offensive) and 2 assists. Dwight Howard had the double-double by scoring 17 points and racking up 11 rebounds (4 offensive). Meanwhile, Kobe was his usual mamba self. 10-of-17, 22 points, 2 boards and 2 assists. Westbrook also achieved his All-Star High in assists by making 18, along with his 10 points and 5 rebounds.

On the other side, the East did not back down. Carmelo scored 23 Points on an efficient 11 shots in 16 attempts. He also had 1 rebound and block, 3 assists and 3 steals. Derrick Rose also had the double-double, 18 points and 10 assists, with 7 rebounds. It looks like he's coming back to his form last year before he was injured. Andrew Bynum had 20 points and 6 rebounds, while Paul Pierce, who came off the bench, scored 15 points, 77.8%, 7-9. LeBron James had 14 points, 3 rebounds and 7 assists.

His presence wasn't felt until the 3rd quarter, where he propelled the team by scoring his first 7 points, and led the team to score 30 points in the quarter. But it wasn't enough, as the West powered through the East behind Durant's 34, and finally ending the game, 125-138.

PHOTOS:
Image ImageImage Image

Up Next: OKC gets a 2-day break in Houston, then takes on the Rockets. Then 3 home games against Minnesota, Chicago and the Hornets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of giving K-Mart what he wants, which is $24.99M/3yrs. It will become Perk's demise though. I also have another idea, which is don't do anything until the off-season, where I can trade Perk and sign K-Mart and other things. Your thoughts?
Click the pic!

Durant35

K-Mart looking for the extension

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Kevin Martin reportedly wants a $25M/3yrs deal

In a league where young bloods conquer, players who are 30 years and above are called "veterans" and "old", and are sometimes ignored. But how about Kevin Martin? Despite turning 30, his motor and his body is still cut out to be great and he contributes to the offense efficiently. It is still unsure whether the Oklahoma City Thunder are to sign him to an extension, or wait for the off-season.

The veteran guard is reportedly asking for a $25 million deal in three years, just about the same as Kendrick Perkins' contract, who is rumored to be traded at the end of the season, during or after the draft. "I love the Oklahoma City fans and I love the Thunder. We're like a family here, and I hope we can propel to success even more." Martin stated after watching his teammates Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook play in the All-Star Game.

Kevin Martin is averaging 28 minutes per game with the Thunder, and scoring 17.5 points in an efficient 42.4% from the field. He also brings out 3.7 rebounds and approximately 2 assists per game.

Up Next: K-Mart and the Thunder go up against the Houston Rockets on the road.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder strikes the Rocket, 121-113

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Lamb and Durant spark Thunder, beats Houston

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (42 PTS, 10 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL and 3 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Jeremy Lamb (17 PTS, 7 REB, 1 AST and 2 STL)
Thunder Protector: Kevin Martin (27 PTS, 5 REB, 1 STL and BLK)

After coming off a thrilling weekend and being crowned All-Star MVP for the second time, Durant took his talents back to the court where everything matters. Despite Harden's double-double of 27 points and 12 rebounds, the Thunder came out on top. Oklahoma City shot 45% from the field and drained 40% of their three-pointers, which is clearly what the Rockets have weakness against.

Everything was close, from rebounds to turnovers, but the final score was the tiebreaker. Durant scored 42 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while dishing out 3 assists. Even when the Rockets got the production they needed from their stars, Durant just shot the lights out of them. Kevin Martin also shot 50% from the field, 10-of-20, that gave way to the early lead.

Jeremy Lamb was also a big help coming off the bench from the Thunder, as he hit 6 of his 11 shots, all of it were timely shots. He became the spark plug as Westbrook had gone cold during the match. Westbrook finished with 18 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists, but had the team-high 5 turnovers.

Photos:
Image ImageImage Image

Up Next: The Thunder play their last 3 games at home versus the T'Wolves, Bulls and the Hornets.
Last edited by Durant35 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder survives thriller at home versus the Wolves

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Durant's first triple-double leads them past Wolves, 129-124

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (29 PTS, 12 REB, 11 AST, 3 STL and 1 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Russell Westbrook (Career-High 48 PTS, 2 REB, 4 AST and 3 STL)
Thunder Protector: Serge Ibaka (7 PTS, 10 REB - 6 OFF, 2 AST, 3 STL and 1 BLK)

Two days after dismantling the Houston Rockets, the Oklahoma City Thunder returns home to OKC, and played the Wolves at Chesapeake Energy Arena. But the win didn't come easy as always. It was like the 2OT game last year, shots were fired everywhere, players going back and forth, but the one who came out on top is the Thunder. Behind Westbrook and Durant, the league's best 1-2 punch combo.

These two kept feeding each other, resulting in great achievements by them both. After spending six seasons, Durant finally got his first triple-double. 29 points, 12 rebounds and a career-high 11 assists. Flirting with 45 points below didn't satisfy Thunder Guard Russell Westbrook, as he scored a career-high 48 points on 29 shots (17-of-29, 58.6%).

Kevin Durant wasn't hitting his usual stats, but filled up the stat sheet differently. It was a different Kevin Durant. He grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out 11 assists. He also hit 4 of his 7 3-pointers. Finally, defense made the day complete, as blocks were seen from OKC throughout the whole game, with the block by Lockdown Specialist Thabo Sefolosha against Ricky Rubio's game-winner attempt as the exclamation point.

Photos:
Image Image

Up Next: Home against the Bulls and the Pelicans. :lol:
Last edited by Durant35 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [45-9] Thunder: Team is One | All-Star Weekend Finished!

Postby Woogie98 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 am

Is it too late to enter the draft????
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Martti. on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:31 am

I'd say extend Martin, perhaps offer him another year or a player option so he'd ask a little less annually. And trade Perkins now to a team with cap space for a decent center who makes less.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:30 am

Woogie98 wrote:Is it too late to enter the draft????

Nope! I'll be using the NLSC Draft Class for Year 2.

Martti. wrote:I'd say extend Martin, perhaps offer him another year or a player option so he'd ask a little less annually. And trade Perkins now to a team with cap space for a decent center who makes less.

Nice offer ya got there! I might trade Perk for draft picks though, I've been eyeing Mason Plumlee. Athletic Bigman. :D
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder wins by a blow-out versus Chicago, 117-99

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Thunder blasts Chicago behind Westbrook's 30

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Russell Westbrook (30 PTS, 2 REB, 6 AST, 4 STL and 2 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Kevin Durant (22 PTS, 5 REB, 9 AST and 1 STL)
Thunder Protector: Nick Collison (8 PTS, 10 REB and 1 AST)

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA - Coming into the game, the Thunder were tired and simply had no energy. The Rose-less Bulls had been keeping up with the whole first quarter. At the start of the second quarter, it sparked. The bench started scoring and swishing almost every shot, but it was still close. It seems the Bulls wouldn't back down and were looking for the win.

But Nick and Serge didn't let the Bulls have their way, as the two scored almost half of the team's 32 points in the third quarter, and held the Bulls to 17 points by contesting every shot. Finally, Russell Westbrook exploded and added his own 12 points to finish the quarter. The Thunder had pulled away from the Bulls and looked to finish the game. And finish they did.

Up Next: Final game for February against the Hornets at home.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Simulated Match(es):

OKC vs NOH: 104-110 - L

Record: 47-10
Click the pic!

Durant35

February Recap

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 pm

February Recap

An exciting month it has been for the Thunder, as they finished 10-1. Despite being given by the Hornets their 10th loss of the season, we can be sure that the Oklahoma City Thunder will be bouncing back on their next games. It has also been decided by the management that they will not extend Kevin Martin until the off-season, as they will look on how he performs during the playoffs.

Thunder All-Stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook participated in the All-Star Game, and Durant took home the MVP trophy for the second time. Former Thunder Sixth Man of the Year James Harden was snubbed and it was Jeremy Lin who participated. Toney Douglas will become a Restricted Free Agent at the end of the season, while Nolan Smith is ineligible for an extension, but we would like him to be resigned at the off-season.

Sources have said that the Thunder will be trading Kendrick Perkins and Kenyon Martin for either draft picks, or rookies, and if possible, a more athletic Bigman who can space the floor, and is a perfect fit for the Thunder.

Click the pic!

Durant35

Denver gets beat at home, 123-115

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Westbrook's big night gets the best of Denver

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Russell Westbrook (31 PTS, 3 REB, 10 AST and 2 STL)
Thunder Down Under: Serge Ibaka (13 PTS, 11 REB, 2 BLK and 1 STL)
Thunder Protector: Kevin Durant (38 PTS, 7 REB, and 3 AST)

PEPSI CENTER - The Thunder came in losing their last game to the New Orleans Pelicans, and we did expect that they will bounce back. And they did, and did it hard. The score wasn't close during the first quarter, but the Thunder bench pulled closer during the second quarter, and eventually tying at the end of the half.

Despite the lack of production from Kevin Durant and Kevin Martin during the first half, it seems that the Thunder breezed by through Serge Ibaka, who also had a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Again, it was close after the third, but Kevin Durant came back, and immediately sparked a 10-2 run at the start of the fourth quarter. Russell Westbrook eventually led the way and torched the Nuggets and pulled way. The game was over. Overall, there was simply no way the Thunder would fall to the Nuggets.

Photos:
Image ImageImage Image

Up Next: Facing the big teams of the East and West. Clips, LakeShow, and the Big Apple and finally... THE BOBCATS.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [47-10] Thunder: Team is One | Feb. Recap! OKC@DEN!

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 am

Are you really going to trade Perk?
mrmoves20

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood