WWE 2K

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: WWE '13 - Focus on Attitude Era

Postby JaoSming on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 am

good to know (Y) (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Finished playing through the main Attitude Era storyline, though I haven't fully completed all of the matches to get all of the unlockables, nor have I started on the "Off Script" matches. Still a lot of fun, I'll definitely be going back and trying to complete the matches with all the bonus objectives, though I have a feeling I might end up leaving a couple to the Unlock Everything function.

I experienced another weird glitch in the I Quit match between The Rock and Mankind at the 1999 Royal Rumble. After making it through the first few objectives, I began on the final stage of the match only to have the action freeze. I could still pause the game and quit, it hadn't locked up, and both wrestlers were in their idle animations, but I couldn't move The Rock and Mankind just stood there in place as well. It was very similar to the issue I experienced with Undertaker and HHH when I first got the game, but especially frustrating in this instance since as I said, the match has a few different stages to get through before you can complete it properly. As much as I'm enjoying the game and think it's a great effort on the whole, I'd say it's the buggiest game in the series. I don't recall ever experiencing this many issues before; graphical and animation glitches, yes, but not random gamebreaking stuff.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby formx on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 am

Andrew wrote:I experienced another weird glitch in the I Quit match between The Rock and Mankind at the 1999 Royal Rumble. After making it through the first few objectives, I began on the final stage of the match only to have the action freeze. I could still pause the game and quit, it hadn't locked up, and both wrestlers were in their idle animations, but I couldn't move The Rock and Mankind just stood there in place as well. It was very similar to the issue I experienced with Undertaker and HHH when I first got the game, but especially frustrating in this instance since as I said, the match has a few different stages to get through before you can complete it properly. As much as I'm enjoying the game and think it's a great effort on the whole, I'd say it's the buggiest game in the series. I don't recall ever experiencing this many issues before; graphical and animation glitches, yes, but not random gamebreaking stuff.

Wow. I haven't experienced my fair share of glitches for this game, but I did experience 1 glitch while playing the Attitude Era mode. I was playing as Austin against Kane. I hit the Stunner on Kane and the camera later glitched and had a close up on Kane's face. But it was pretty easy to fix when you turn off Camera Cuts.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby JaoSming on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:09 am

I had a similar camera glitch with rybacks finisher
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Haven't experienced either of those yet, but probably just a matter of time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby formx on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:39 am

Just found out the Undertaker Ministry of Darkness DLC was free! :D

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby formx on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 pm

GLITCHFEST!
phpBB [video]

formx

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:20 am

Kane's character has had supernatural elements over the years, but that's taking it a little too far.

I've properly completed all but two of the matches in the main Attitude Era storyline, so I've unlocked a decent amount of content at this point. I've said it before but it's worth saying again, this is probably the best handling of unlockable content so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:27 am

Got a copy for Christmas, complete with Mike Tyson unlock code.

Not impressed with Match Creator so far. No more elimination triple threats or pin/submission cage matches.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby koberulz on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 am

Love the Match Experience settings. I've had a couple of matches go 15 minutes so far. It breaks in more one-sided matches, because you get a finisher too quickly and they end up kicking out, but it works really well in a more even contest.
koberulz

Postby koberulz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 am

Anyone else finding the CPU takes forever to build up any momentum? I can usually hit three finishers before they even get a signature move. Adjusted the difficulty all the way up to Legend and fiddled with the sliders, and there's still quite a gap. I'm getting matches I still have to work to win, since I'm playing on Epic, but there's never any real risk of losing. I'm averaging out about 15 minutes per singles match, hitting a couple of finishers and not having my opponent hit anything.

I've got all matches set up to a 30-minute time limit, and had a triple threat go 29:13. I followed it the next show with a triple threat that went 27:13. This Match Experience thing is awesome.

The biggest negative for me so far is the pin HUD. It'd be better if instead of the kickout area turning green, the bar turned green, so you could see how far along the kickout area it was. It's not too much of an issue usually--you just release when the kickout area turns green--but if you're trying to reverse a leverage pin you have no idea when the bar is going to exit the kickout area.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 am

koberulz wrote:The biggest negative for me so far is the pin HUD. It'd be better if instead of the kickout area turning green, the bar turned green, so you could see how far along the kickout area it was. It's not too much of an issue usually--you just release when the kickout area turns green--but if you're trying to reverse a leverage pin you have no idea when the bar is going to exit the kickout area.

Yeah, I think I'd find that preferable too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

WWE 2K14 - MyWRASSLER

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

WWE, Take-Two agree to deal on 'WWE 2K'

After months of speculation, rumors and fierce negotiations, Take-Two Interactive has officially acquired the exclusive rights to the WWE video game license for the next five years and will publish the popular wrestling franchise as part of its 2K Sports brand.

Video game publisher THQ, which has held the exclusive WWE gaming rights since 1999, was forced to sell its assets after the U.S. Bankruptcy Court struck down its potential sale to Clearlake Capital Group in January.

Prior to the court’s ruling, however, THQ and WWE held a private bid for the wrestling franchise, and according to Casey Collins, WWE’s executive vice president of consumer products, the bidding process was more about finding the right partner than grabbing the most cash.

WWE have also posted an article on the announcement here. It still refers to the game as WWE '14 while the ESPN article uses WWE 2K14, the latter of which seems more likely given it will be published under the 2K Sports banner and the logo that has been unveiled.

Yukes is also still going to be involved, so it would appear that we're not going to see a complete re-boot of the series, at least not straight away. I'd say that's for the best.

As part of the five-year deal (financial terms were not disclosed), Take-Two has not only hired some of the key designers behind the WWE gaming franchise from THQ to work hand in hand with 2K Sports’ game design team at Visual Concepts, but has also agreed to bring back longtime WWE games developer Yukes from Japan to continue pushing ahead with the development of “WWE 14,” ensuring the new game will hit its fall 2013 release window.

“With Yukes, we have a lot of history, and we’ve been very happy with what Yukes has done in the past,” said Collins. “What we’re going to do moving forward is meld Yukes with the team at Visual Concepts, so we can have the best of both worlds. Having Yukes’ experience and then getting the Visual Concepts guys on board with them, we think this is going to be a dynamic duo.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: 2K and WWE officially announce video game deal

Postby The Great White on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

I hope they will make PC version of the game.
The Great White

Postby bowdown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

yeah PC version would be awesome
bowdown

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Why bother with a PC version when the PC has PRO WRESTLING X!...oh wait...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm

It'd be interesting to see if they'd finally release a PC version as they did with NBA 2K beginning with 2K9. I'd certainly be all for it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 pm

And mod it as well.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 am

That is the main appeal, sure, as well as possibly having a lower price. Of course, one wonders what they might strip out of a PC version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby melomanu20 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 am

Hey guys.. Im wondering since 2k has now officially taken over of WWE gaming rights, do you guys believe (or has there been any news) of 2k releasing of copy for PC?

Obviously we all know 2k likes to expand on all platforms (as they have continued to make their other sports games for the PC till now)

Im hoping to have a WWE game on PC (dont think one is out there yet) so we can mod it the way we do with the NBA2k series. Imagine modding CFs for attitude

legends, attires, arenas, etc.. Im keeping my fingers crossed for this. Does anyone think this is possible?
melomanu20

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am

There's been no news and I'm not holding my breath for a PC version of WWE '14 (or WWE 2K14, since it'll probably adopt that naming convention), but it's probably at least a possibility. Right now, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 am

The Rock will be on the cover of WWE(2K)14.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 am

Should sell a few copies.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

Really hoping that they'll release a PC version.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Would be nice, but I'm still not counting on it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic