NLSC Podcast - Episode #11

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Episode #11

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Episode #11 of the NLSC Podcast is out now!

Episode #11 (December 18th)

Hosts: Leftos, Andrew

The eleventh episode of the NLSC Podcast has been recorded and is now available for your listening enjoyment! Leftos and I are your hosts and this week, we discuss our recent experiences playing NBA 2K13, the latest happenings in our community and for a change of pace, talk about some of the other games that we've been playing this past year. A rundown of this week's topics is as follows:

• What have we been playing in NBA 2K13 in the past week? Association and MyCAREER! We recap our recent experiences.
  • Certain elements of the commentary and presentation continue to impress us, though we talk about some of the improvements that could be made next year.
  • We provide a roundup of some recent happenings in the community and discuss ways that everyone can be a good citizen and get the most out of their time here.
  • Since news is a little slow this time of the year, we turn our attention to some other games that we've been playing, including our picks for Game of the Year.

Click here to listen to the show!

We hope everyone is still enjoying the longer shows, as well as the off-topic discussion in this week's episode. Don't forget to give us your answer for our Question of the Week: What are your top games of the year (or some of your favourites of all-time)?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #11

Postby Kenny on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 am

Hearing you two talk about how much you enjoy 2k13 is really making me consider picking it up in a boxing day sale. While I still love my dynasty, I'd like to check out the My Career. Also, I saw someone do a mode where they controlled Hasheem Thabeet. I'd want to do the same thing with someone else. Probably Kwame Brown if the option was there.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 am

Kwame Brown? Like, seriously?

But yeah, 2K13 is a hell of a game. Best NBA 2K in the series so far for me, great gameplay and the refined experience 2K12 never was. I've been sharing my experiences in detail since Podcast #7, can't put much more into words in a post here.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kenny on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 am

I'd take the Kwame challenge. Try and turn him into a serviceable player and at a stretch, a Magloire-All-Star. I think it'd be fun. If the mode was realistic, the seasons would be quick because of his status as a bench warmer and he really only has 6 or 7 years tops before he considers retirement, since he's already 30. So you could see out the rest of his career pretty easily.

I guess I always lean towards scrubs with that particular mode.

EDIT: With Kwame, you could also aim to pass the Joe Smith/Chucky Brown/Tony Massenburg/Jim Jackson record for most teams played for.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:31 am

Creating a Legend is in the game again this year if you wanted to take up the Kwame Challenge without any editing (which would of course require the PC version, if you were thinking of picking it up on 360).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 pm

benji

Postby Leftos on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh, okay. Wasn't aware of all the limitations. Do we have any idea if that's in the game at all then?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kenny on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:41 am

Andrew wrote:which would of course require the PC version

That's a shame. If I was to get it on any system, it'd be PS3 (I don't have a 360). The last two versions I bought of 2k (10 and 11) were on PC and while I love PC gaming, both those games were challenging my PC's resources as it is.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:01 am

You can still do Creating a Legend, you'll just miss out on a few MyCAREER specific features. Unfortunately, that also includes the Hall of Fame induction.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard