Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:40 pm

For plans that do have a limit, I'm pretty sure most providers here just throttle the speed these days. That's how it is with the plan that I'm on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 am

Pretty stressed on work recently, our team lead (my immediate mentor and a very good friend) has filed her resignation to the company for plentiful reasons I think I now understand. She wants me to take her place as the production team's lead when she formally leaves on January. I felt sad, not because of the workload I'm getting but plainly the idea of her leaving the team and the company altogether.

That plus the usual 5 hours of travel back and forth to work makes up my weekdays.

Also, I will file a vacation leave on December 21.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

Wow. 2 and a half hours each way?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 am

Yeah. :|

I wonder how I endured that since May of last year.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:41 am

So I've been bitchin' about a possible facility change for my work that would move us up 20 minutes of dirt roads away from town (which is 30 minutes away for me as is). I think for now on I'll just complain about the dirt road/emergency response time rather than the 50 minute commute.......
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 am

On the good side of that though: I can sleep during travel time.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

el badman wrote:I upgraded my PC with the new CPU and motherboard that I bought, but now the computer is barely even booting anymore. It starts for a few seconds and then it shuts down by itself. After doing a bunch of testing, it looks like the mainboard may just be defective. I left it at my local pc shop, but i think I'll probably have to RMA this shit... :x

Did you buy an AS...
el badman wrote:Just ordered a CPU/motherboard combo from Newegg, the Intel Core i5 3570K along with the ASUS P8Z77-V. Should hopefully be a nice upgrade.

Oh.

Welcome to the club.

I had three DOA ASUS boards in a row a few years ago.
benji

Postby formx on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm

benji wrote:Oh.

Welcome to the club.

I had 1 last year lol. Exchanged the board on the same week luckily.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Guess I have been lucky with my two boards from Asus.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Lean wrote:On the good side of that though: I can sleep during travel time.

Isn't it much tiring?

And I'm curious, where do you come from and where do you work?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Lean lives in areas far away from the authorities. Can't have them ruining his online 'gentlemen's club'.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Lean lives in areas far away from the authorities.

No one should no. Not a single one.

Stress Fracture wrote:And I'm curious, where do you come from and where do you work?

From Valenzuela to Eastwood five days a week.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:09 am

formyhunny wrote:
benji wrote:Oh.

Welcome to the club.

I had 1 last year lol. Exchanged the board on the same week luckily.

I've bought most of my components from Newegg throughout the years and never had to RMA anything, i guess that was meant to happen at some point. Still pretty fucking annoying, I'm having to use my phone for everything right now... :?
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby benji on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 am

My DOA boards were all coming from Newegg and they were seemingly willing to keep shipping them until one worked. But I was tired of waiting the two months to build the computer so I just got a Gigabyte board instead. (Which was better and cheaper anyhow.)
benji

Postby el badman on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 am

That's the first time i try an ASUS component, but i had heard that they're pretty well-known for sending non-working crap that has to be returned...Fingers crossed for the next board, but I certainly won't go with that brand again if the new one is also fucked.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby formx on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 am

el badman wrote:That's the first time i try an ASUS component, but i had heard that they're pretty well-known for sending non-working crap that has to be returned...Fingers crossed for the next board, but I certainly won't go with that brand again if the new one is also fucked.

I bought Asus again after mine died, but that's because the online store where I bought my parts also had some retail stores too.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Kenny on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm

My application to be an exchange student to Cal State was successful. Where in California I'll end up going is still up in the air though. It'll most likely be Fullerton, San Bernardino, Los Angeles or East Bay. It's great news, especially since I had a disappointing semester by my standards. In any case, unless something really bad happens, I'll be doing a fall semester in California :)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:51 pm

badreligionau wrote:My application to be an exchange student to Cal State was successful. Where in California I'll end up going is still up in the air though. It'll most likely be Fullerton, San Bernardino, Los Angeles or East Bay. It's great news, especially since I had a disappointing semester by my standards. In any case, unless something really bad happens, I'll be doing a fall semester in California :)

nice! it would be cool if you wound up here in orange county at fullerton! honestly i dunno if you would be excited for san bernardino or la, they are pretty ghetto schools. my sister went to east bay, didn't like it up there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Fullerton is actually where I stayed when I went to California in 2010. I really love it there and it's going to be my first preference. But it's also the most expensive one, since they're asking me to prove I have more money for it than the other three. Both San Bernardino and East Bay offer my major and one of my minors, where Fullerton, I'd be doing a minor and a couple of electives. I think Los Angeles is the same deal as Fullerton as well. Anywhere that's a driveable from either Staples or the Honda Center would be cool.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:04 am

when do you find out?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am

I find out in May about which campus it'll be. My application goes in at the end of January.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Awesome! Congrats. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Hope you go to Cal State Fullerton, if for no other reason than the great Cedric Ceballos played there :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 am

I have completed all the work needed for my Bachelor's degree. (Y) (Y)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Fantastic, well done!

Now you can join us on the Podcast. :P
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext