Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Since Gasol and Nash are out at the moment and that obviously doesn't help matters, it'll be interesting to see whether having the team at full strength makes much of a difference. I imagine it'll get them over .500 at the very least, but despite the star power I'm not sure that they're a good enough fit or truly equipped to overcome a team like the Spurs, Thunder, or indeed the Grizzlies if they keep up their strong play. While there's a long way to go yet, their slow start has put them in a hole early as far as getting a higher seed and home court advantage in the Playoffs. Seeing how poorly they've fared on the road so far this year, that doesn't bode well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 pm

So Kobe scored 42 points and Dwight had 19 and 20. But still, the Lakers lost to the Cavaliers. Hmmm.. What the eff is wrong in LA?
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Bruce on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Kevin Love is talking smack about his team right now. Now I know what I want for Christmas. Hahaha

homicide1550 wrote:So Kobe scored 42 points and Dwight had 19 and 20. But still, the Lakers lost to the Cavaliers. Hmmm.. What the eff is wrong in LA?

The story of TO and Shot Efficiency.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby dare on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Our starting point guard is Duhon the backup is Morris... I miss Farmar :cry:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Kobe's 30 points in a game is a jinx right now.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Jackal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 am

Jackal wrote:Moronic and painful to watch. You just know what's coming each and every time. The one night their shooters are on they have success, the nights they aren't they lose. Kobe gets his 30, Howard gets his 20-10 and they lose in both cases. "Ball will find energy."

Magic Johnson wrote:"His system doesn't fit the talent that the Lakers have," Johnson told reporters at Dodger Stadium. "You can't run with this team. Where are the runners? You got one dude who can get up and down the court and that's Kobe (Bryant). Ron (Metta World Peace), love him, but he's slow. Both of our big men, not fast guys. (D'Antoni) has got to say, `Maybe I should scale it back."'

They want to have showtime-esque offense, a fast paced one...but you do that when you have the personnel for it, not just because you want it. These old bastards can't keep that up all season long..

"He is the best passing big man in the game, but you have him at the free-throw line" waiting for the ball, Johnson said. "That makes no sense. That's not his game. His game is catch it on the low block, face his man, one dribble left or right, he's in the cup, nice hook, nice move because he's got great moves."

You preach it Magic!

Really, how did this moron become head coach of such a storied franchise with his gimmick basketball tactics? He has NO clue how to use post players.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 am

With Phil Jackson out of the picture for the baffling and petty reasons discussed before, he was the guy who had Kobe's personal thumbs up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 am

Screw Kobe Bryant and his thumbs up. D'Antoni being his idol and all is great but the moron seriously doesn't know how to utilize post players.

It's a fucking shame watching Gasol being wasted when you know how god damn talented the guy is...then you've got a moron who thinks he's the shit and decides nah, you don't fit so let's just sit you down and play Antawn freaking Jamison. :?

I'm already pissed off the league hardly has any good post players anymore with the small ball & run and gun shit, top it off with them totally doing away with the center position for the All Star ballot and then you've got two awesome bigs & your coach is all like "klol, wtf do I do with you? Can you shoot the three? :mrgreen: "

:x Sorry. Rant over.
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 am

Great coaches adjust their system to fit the talent they have, like Pat Riley did when he came to NY. As we've seen, Pringles can only coach HIS type of players.

Like Jackal said, he's a gimmick coach like Don Nelson.
Jeffx

Postby dare on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 am

Again I blame Jim Buss here and his ego.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

http://www.hoopsworld.com/dwight-howard ... 0-percent/

He never looked really that good this season, maybe things will get better...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 am

Lol. Carmelo 22 points in the first quarter against Kobe and Lakers. Defense hard fail. 41 points first quarter for the Knicks.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby dare on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Having some doubts if this team can beat the Wizards tomorrow :(
dare
True kings have rings

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

dare wrote:Having some doubts if this team can beat the Wizards tomorrow :(

Same as me, I'm just not sure if the Lakers can beat them, they can if they play the same kind of game they had in the 2nd half against the Knicks.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Jackal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Trade Gasol for Channing Frye, Howard for Rasheed Wallace and let these guys stand around the perimeter and hoist shots. No point in wasting two terrific big men in this system. Howard touched the ball twice in the first quarter. Twice.

Then the clown put in d-leaguer Robert motherfucking Sacre ahead of the always hustling Jordan Hill.

Calling it a season now, this guy isn't going to do shit for LA. They might end up with a decent record..but they aren't gonna win a damn thing with this fool at the helm of it all.

What a waste of talent.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Princeston Offense Mike Brown actually wasn't doing too bad considering how the Lakers are right now.

The record reminds me of last season's Knicks before the Linsanity. IIRC, the Knicks were 9-15 before evening things up at 15-15 with surging Lin. Perhaps, the Lakers can do the same with Nash. We'll see.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Nash's return should help out offensively, enough to get them to a respectable record before the regular season is over and secure a Playoff appearance. Of course, it's not going to change the fact that defense is not D'Antoni's strong suit and Nash himself is far from a stellar defender, indeed becoming something of a liability given some of the quick guards in the Western Conference right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Deal is Mike Brown isn't to blame for that unsuitable Princeton offense the Lakers had.
It was management's (Kupchak? Buss?) call to add Eddie Jordan as offensive coordinator.
Mike Brown already had John Kuester as his offensive assistant the way they did in Cleveland then before Kuester became head coach of the Pistons.
So Mike Brown got fired while Eddie Jordan still stays as an assistant coach. Someone is trying to save face with hiring Eddie Jordan in the first place.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 pm

And now he just sits back there staring out into space.

It's more enjoyable than watching this perimeter trigger happy offense. Inside out? There's an inside??
Jackal

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:01 am

D'antoni sucks. When will nash return. I also miss my 3-pt shooter Steve Blake. BTW, we are starting Duhon again. :cheeky:

I'm doubting these Laker team starting right now. I counted off the first 20 games as adjustment period, but the moron D'antoni just fucked us all.
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby koberulz on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am

shadowgrin wrote:Deal is Mike Brown isn't to blame for that unsuitable Princeton offense the Lakers had.
It was management's (Kupchak? Buss?) call to add Eddie Jordan as offensive coordinator.
Mike Brown already had John Kuester as his offensive assistant the way they did in Cleveland then before Kuester became head coach of the Pistons.
So Mike Brown got fired while Eddie Jordan still stays as an assistant coach. Someone is trying to save face with hiring Eddie Jordan in the first place.

Not to mention the fact that under Brown, the Lakers were top-three in the league in offensive efficiency, and last in the league in defensive efficiency (IIRC). Why someone thought bringing in a coach who has no idea what defense even is, much less how it's player, would fix their problems is beyond me.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby rise on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:21 am

Do the Lakers expect Dwight to stay when he gets the same amount of shots in a half as Sacre and Morris, and less than Devin Ebanks and Metta and then gets blamed for their troubles?
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Dc311 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Kobe: It Isn't Fair To Blame D'Antoni For Lakers' Struggles

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... _Struggles

It’s not fair,” said Bryant. “It’s tough. I mean he’s thrown in a situation where it’s just tough.

Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Kobe just wanted him to be out. :cheeky:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby air gordon on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am

so any early guesses where dwight howard plays next year?

Jackal wrote: Really, how did this moron become head coach of such a storied franchise with his gimmick basketball tactics?

Jeffx wrote:he's a gimmick coach like Don Nelson.

you want to kick a man when he's down? or knock him for not installing an offense to fit his guys? ok. Did you guys factor in D'Antoni didn't have a presesaon/offseason with the team? or that he was hired to incorporate his "gimmick" tactics which by the way lead to 5 straight 50+ win seasons.

oh. and don't put him in the same category as Don Nelson.

Don Nelson has coached the Most Wins in NBA History
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball