Thunder: Team is One | RESTART ON THE WAY

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

[13-0] Talkin' Thunder (Dec. Recap)

Postby Durant35 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 pm

December Recap:

It is far by the best month throughout the 5 years the Thunder has been in Oklahoma City. They finished the month with an astounding 13-0 record, where most of their games were won by blowouts. They also beat the defending champs-Miami Heat, as if they were making a statement. A statement that says, "We will be back, and we'll be hungrier than ever." This month also marks that Durant had several 40-plus points performances WITH a double-double. in just a month, Durant scored 434 points, averaging 33.4 PPG.

Westbrook and Martin also benefited from the month, as they both had scoring or efficiency outbursts. Ibaka has not been himself, defensively speaking, as his blocking numbers are down. We can expect it to go up sooner.

It was also rumored that Kevin Martin is already anticipating an extension. Sources have said that he wants a 4yr/$36.00M deal, which would put the Thunder over the salary cap. It's again the situation the Thunder have been with James Harden. "I just wanna win, win with the team of course." stated Martin, who has not been consistent with his scoring over the last 5 games of December.

Sources also say that the Thunder have been placing Kendrick Perkins, Festus Ezeli, Daniel Orton and DeAndre Liggins on the trading block, as they have been struggling to find their place with the team. On the other hand, Perk, a defensive anchor and has a mean look was acquired by the Thunder during the 2010-2011 season, wants to be on the team. If he doesn't get traded however, he will continue his contract with the team. A 3yr/$25.43M contract signed two years ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simulated Matches (January):

OKC vs BKN: 111-95 - W
OKC vs PHI: 93-85 - W
OKC @ TOR: 101-102 - L
OKC @ WAS: 111-83 - W
OKC vs MIN: 117-82 - W

Up Next: Rematch with the Lakers, Friday, Jan. 11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need your opinion guys! Who should I get? Shall I trade Perk or just the others? It seems I have made a mistake in getting Ezeli, as he has not been meshing well with the team. I wanna try getting Toney Douglas and Royce White, but T.D.'s still injured. I'm in dire need of a Center and a Point Guard. I traded Reggie cause he's not been consistent in my free-styles, and often jacks up shots.
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Practice Report: Thunder turns focus to Lakers

Postby Durant35 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 pm

OKALHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA - After bangin' and crashin' for two hours, the Thunder came out of the Integris Facility ready for the show in the Staples Center against the 2-seeded Lakers. Their rival in the tough Western Conference.

"We all know the win ain't gonna come easy." stated Kendrick Perkins, who is probably the most experienced when it comes to batting it out with the Lakers and their Defensive Stalwart Dwight Howard. He isn't called the Dwight-Stopper because of nothing. He worked on his strength and post moves, in order to outplay Howard on the next match.

"We're gonna try and take it out when the ball first touches the ground." said K-Mart, who is having a good month. "We're not hoping to win, cause we're gonna win." said Kevin Durant. He seems a little bit more aggressive. He added, "I'm really pumped up for this match. This will prove that we're still contenders and won't disappear."

The Thunder will be facing the Lakers in Staples Center on January 11.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder Big 3 comes up with the W

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 am

K-Mart spoils Lakers with 34 points, Durant flirting with the double-double

ImageImageImageImage

GAME RECAP

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (33 PTS, 9 REB, 6 AST and 4 BLK)

FRIDAY - After a day of rigorous practice, the Thunder planned to steamroll the Lakers as if they were the Bobcats. Unfortunately, as Perk said, nothing comes easy. The Thunder started out strong as they had the lead, 31-24 during the first quarter. But it seems that these young people lit up some fire underneath these veterans. Kobe scored 25 and Dwight had 22.

Good thing the Thunder's Big 3 was in the game. Kevin Martin scored a season-high 34 points while grabbing 6 rebounds. Kevin Durant once again saved the team after scoring 10 straight for the team during clutch time, saving them from a bad loss. He finished with 33 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks. A season-high.

Russell Westbrook finished with 18 points and dished out 10 assists. Serge Ibaka was a non-factor in scoring, only scoring 2 points, and those came from the free-throw line, but had 10 rebounds, 4 of those were offensive rebounds. Nick Collison, a guy who is extremely underrated, also had a good game. He had a double-double, 11 points and 11 rebounds.

With the win, the Thunder turn their focus on the Trailblazers, who lost to the Warriors the same day this match happened.

Sorry, forgot to capture the team stats. :D
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [30-6] Team is One | K-Mart lights up Lakers

Postby rise on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 am

Nice presentation. I like it so far. :)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: [30-6] Team is One | K-Mart lights up Lakers

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 am

Thanks, planning to post the Nuggets next. :cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simulated Games:

OKC @ POR: W - 121-78
OKC @ PHX: W - 101-84

Up Next: Home game against the Denver Nuggets.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Durant's double-double dismembers Nuggets, 131-117

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 am

Durant comes up big and flirts with a triple double

ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME STORY | GAME RECAP | TEAM STATS

OKLAHOMA CITY - Just as the ball got tipped from the referee's hands, it was an all-out war. Durant immediately clicked and took over the game. Had he had that one assist, it would give him his first ever triple-double, and his best game ever. He was also one offensive rebound away from equaling his career-high. He finished with 46 points (18-25), 11 rebounds and 9 assists.

Jeremy Lamb also filled in while Durant and the others were resting, scoring 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting. Westbrook also came up with 18 points after a shaky first half. He grabbed 6 rebounds and dished out 9 assists too. Kevin Martin added 10, and Serge Ibaka with 12. Most of the Thunder Players scored double-digits, as the Thunder again surpassed their 109.3 PPG average.

Despite having a good night, the Nuggets could watch as Durant extend the lead and take away all of their chances of winning.

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (46 PTS, 11 REB, 9 AST and 1 STL)
Surprise Thunderbolt: Jeremy Lamb (16 PTS, 6-8 FG)
Thunder Downer: Festus Ezeli (2 PTS, 1 AST and 1 TO)

Up Next: Road games in Dallas(Sim), Denver (Unsure), Clippers (Will be played), Oakland(Sim) and in Sacramento(Sim).

Click the pic!

Durant35

Talkin' Durant: Will Durant claim his first?

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Talkin' Durant: Will Durant claim his first?

It seems that Durant's quite ready to take the throne from LeBron, the aging-Kobe Bryant and become the NBA's next superstar. He's currently leading as the most efficient player and the scoring leader. With this stat line, I guess it's pretty safe to say that Durant is entering his prime, despite just turning 24 last September.

If you feel like LeBron and his mightiness can't be stopped, just imagine Durant in his prime, where he could be a double-double guy, grabbing 10+ rebounds while scoring 30+ a night. Remember, just three seasons ago, he finished with 30.1 points. Jordan's lowest scoring title is 30.0. It's just a 0.1 difference. If LeBron did it while he was 24, why can't KD do it too? Fellow players also feel that Durant is this year's MVP. Even the three-time MVP and defending Finals MVP LeBron James made his statement. "If he get's it, congratulations. If not, get hungrier." Chicago Bulls All-Star Derrick Rose told the media [when asked about Durant] "KD is playing great man, I'm hearing about what he did during the lockout, and how it helped him today."

During the press conference on the last game, Durant was asked by the media, "You're currently leading the league in scoring, and the race to MVP. What can you say about this?" and Durant replied "Really? Man, I dunno how to answer that. I just wanna give my thanks to my fans, their the best." Another question was then thrown out at him, this one concerning his scoring ability. "You have repeatedly put on shows by scoring 40+ in 39 games. Will we be seeing more?" Durant then followed back by stating, "Scoring comes naturally to me, so If I'm clicking, then I'll score." He would probably be the greatest scorer of all time.

----------------------------------------
Simulated Games:

OKC @ DAL: 99-71 - W
Last edited by Durant35 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [34-6] Thunder: Team is One | Nuggets dismembered

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

You were wondering why no one is following in the D/A thread, well actually, I have no idea. I like the presentation and the style/recaps and facts between the games. Maybe the only thing is that it seems to be too easy at 34-6, but then you are the Thunder, definitely a powerhouse in the West.

Just keep it up, replies will come, I'm following. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [34-6] Thunder: Team is One | Nuggets dismembered

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks! Also following yours! It's kind disappointing that OJ went 6-of-16.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Lakers and Hawks complete Multi-Player Deal

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 am

Mitch Kupchak pulls the trigger, trades Pau Gasol

Pau Gasol, a member of the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 Lakers Championship Team

LOS ANGELES - It was decided. The Hawks let go of Josh Smith, Kyle Korver and their 2013 NBA 2nd Round Draft Pick. The Lakers, in exchange, severed ties with Pau Gasol and Robert Sacre, as well as it's First Round 2013 NBA Draft Pick. Pau Gasol goes bye-bye on the dream land. Lakers bring in Smith. Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak stated that [Pau] Gasol was no longer contributing and making it to the expectations the team had been wanting. Hence, he was traded to the Hawks where his post-up game can strive.

Last edited by Durant35 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Durant, Thunder no match for Clippers, 127-135

Postby Durant35 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Thunder fall to Clippers

phpBB [video]

GAME RECAP | GAME STORY | TEAM STATS

Player of the Game: Blake Griffin (22 PTS, 13 REB and 3 AST)
Thunder Player: Serge Ibaka (20 PTS, 14 REB and 6 AST)
Thunder Down Under: Thabo Sefolosha (17 PTS, 10 REB, 1 STL and BLK)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Bad loss, its as if the Thunder had regressed back to their early-season form, where they could win the game, but didn't execute. It was one of those nights where the opponent simply locked the Thunder. Durant took 27 shots and made 12, en route to a game-high 27 points. Russell, with his usual self, wreaked havoc. Wreaked havoc for the Thunder despite posting up 10 dimes.

Kevin Durant was locked out of heaven, as he couldn't get anything going. The bench got owned. There was no answer for the Clippers' bombardment. Despite putting Sefolosha on Paul, assists to Griffin couldn't be stopped. Lob City simply dismantled the Western Powerhouse as if they were toys. And hear this out, the Clippers are the most worst team in the West.

Foul calls also made an impact, as Russell Westbrook was fouled out in the 4th, forcing the Thunder to let Durant to lead the Point. A bad decision by Scott Brooks, who should have used Eric Maynor.

Up Next: Road games at Golden State(SIM), Sacramento(SIM) and the Lakers(WBP).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simulated Matches:

OKC @ GSW: 87-96 - L
OKC @ SAC: 109-103 - W

Up Next: The Thunder concludes road games against new-look KobeandNashInjured Lakers.
Last edited by Durant35 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Heat takeover Thunder on Power Rankings after abysmal week

Postby Durant35 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Heat, No.1 in Power Rankings, Thunder No. 2

After the week that the Thunder had multiple abysmal matches, it ends. But after going 1-3 that week, they saw their position in the rankings fall one place. Who did overtake them though? Yes, it's as you thought. Their arch-nemesis, the Miami Heat, who had a 2 game win-streak. "It feels good to be up there, but I don't really look at the rankings though." stated Miami Heat Guard Dwyane Wade. It seems the Thunder had become their early-season counter part, the one with the losses on San Antonio and Atlanta.

"We're gonna bounce back. Bounce back hard, harder than before." stated Russell Westbrook.

Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [35-9] Thunder: Team is One | Heat takeover Thunder on P

Postby mpac on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:31 am

Nice presentation! I have a challenge for you. Make durant score 60 or more pls in a game please! Hehe
mpac

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 am

Wow, big Pau trade. Might see that IRL. Good to see you just behind the Heat. Looking for that revenge.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Durant35 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 pm

mpac wrote:Nice presentation! I have a challenge for you. Make durant score 60 or more pls in a game please! Hehe

I'll try to. KD Unlimited sirrrr! Hahaha :D

hova- wrote:Wow, big Pau trade. Might see that IRL. Good to see you just behind the Heat. Looking for that revenge.

Man, I'm having a tough one against the Lakers, tried to simulate it two times just for fun, and both came out with the "L" on me. Heat has a pretty good record. If they had played 44 games like my Thunder, they prolly already beat us. They standin' at 31-9.

------------------------
Since the deadlines are coming up, I'm having a dilemma on whether I should sign K-Mart to an extension, trade him or let him walk in free agency and Lamb will take over his role. When I'm playing, Lamb consistently drops treys on spot-ups like Harden, he needs to be a shot creator though. I also want Royce White but do you have any other suggestions on forwards who can do anything like Royce? Maynor's pretty unstable, so I'll be trading him, but for who?
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm

You mean like all-around forwards or point forwards? Tough to say - with guys like Diaw, Turkoglu and Stephen Jackson vanishing, there is not a whole lot talent left. Royce though is not the player for a championship team - too much risk. Maybe you can somehow get Odom, but he loves LA - also not realistic. Look at the post playmaker signature skill. Some players have it although they are not that much known for it.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Durant, Thunder find redemption in 4th, defeat Lakers

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 am

Durant lifts Thunder in the 4th, upsets Lakers on home floor

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (38 PTS, 9 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL and 2 BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Russell Westbrook (17 PTS, 11 REB, 12 AST, 3 STL and 1 BLK)
Thunder Protector: Serge Ibaka (4 PTS, 12 REB, 4 BLK, 1 STL and 4 AST)

STAPLES CENTER - Coming in, the Thunder was equal to the Lakers, despite being Kobe and Nash-less. The Lakers boasted a frontcourt of offense and defense with Dwight Howard, arguably the best center in the league, and the massive all-around player Josh Smith. Meanwhile, the Thunder had Jet Zero and the Durantula. Early in the first quarter, Westbrook could not find his rhythm and Durant easily scored 11. Even though the two had posted up numbers, the Lakers did not back down easily and led at halftime.

The Thunder would then be left in the third, with the rookie Jeremy Lamb keeping them alive. Eric Maynor again had another night where being inefficient is normal. Came in the fourth, where the Thunder was still behind by 12. Came in Kevin Durant who made 6 of his 15 shots. With a flick, the tables have turned. World Peace's defense was negated by Durant's scoring abilities, they couldn't do anything to stop the man. Minute by minute, the Thunder closed in.

With 3 minutes left in the fourth, Howard put up a shot, which was contested by Ibaka, resulting in a miss grabbed by Russell Westbrook. He immediately brought the ball up court, found the open Kevin Martin, passed and, yeah. Kevin Martin, three. Thunder lead by 2, 99-97. Then, with a Serge Protecting block to Chris Duhon, the Thunder got out in transition, with Kevin Durant icing the game with a jam.

"We're not gonna back down. Come what may." stated Kevin Durant, who scored 38 points in the win. "They was good, but we're better." said Westbrook who had done so many things during the fourth. "This is probably our best game of the season YET." said Coach Scott Brooks, with the emphasized tone on the word 'yet'. It seems the Thunder have more in store for us.

Up Next: 3-day rest, home game against Memphis (SIM).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna risk father time for a good PG on my radar, hoping I can get Toney Douglas! He's a 'lil Russ for me! Still can't find another PF to back up Serge since I have moved Nick to the starting lineup, which did a lot of help. I got more rebounds and a got a faster pace.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Practice Report: Defense wins it all

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 am

Practice Report: De-fense!

INTEGRIS PRACTICE FACILITY - What had been keeping the Thunder on prevailing in the 2nd and 3rd quarter? Statistics show that when the Thunder is behind a team during half-time, their record is 5-4, and when they're behind during the third, the Thunder has a hideous 5-8 record. What's the reason that they have gotten that kind of record? Lack of Defense.

"The guys know that we're a good defensive team. So, we're practicing it again." said Oklahoma City Thunder Coach Scott Brooks. "I'm a defensive player myself, so I'll just try to encourage and give a few tips to the guys." said Lockdown specialist Thabo Sefolosha. The Thunder are good when they're playing defense like they did with the Lakers, whom they limited the stars and the other players below 20 points. The highest scoring player of the Lakers during that game was Josh Smith, who finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simulated Matches:

OKC vs. MEM: 94-79 - W
Click the pic!

Durant35

Jan. Recap | All-Star Teams | 3-team trade

Postby Durant35 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 pm

January Recap:

A quiet month it has been for the Thunder. But, they have been consistently putting players on the trading block. These players are Eric Maynor, Festus Ezeli, DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton. Rumors say that the Thunder have been trying to acquire Royce White and Toney Douglas, who were reportedly involved in the James Harden trade, but was pulled out in the final minutes before the blockbuster trade.

The Thunder finished the month going 12-4, much like their November record. This one didn't come pretty too, as they had a 3-game losing streak on the late-January matches against Denver, Clippers and the Warriors. Immediately, they bounced back by winning games versus the Kings, Lakers and Memphis at home. "We're trying very hard, and we will succeed." stated Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star Kevin Durant.

"We're not yet finished. There are a lot of games yet to be played." said Sixth Man Kevin Martin, who's currently leading the votes for Sixth Man of the Year. Then, Serge Ibaka seemingly made a bold statement by saying, "We're gonna be champs. We won't back down."

All-Star Players announced

ImageImage

Thunder, Rockets and Blazers shake up their roster

MONDAY - Just before their game against Dallas, the Thunder decide to pull the strings. They traded their bench players in exchange for some expiring players who are expected to go to free agency. "We are in dire need of point guards behind Russell, and Toney and Nolan are a good pickup. We're looking forward into working with him and hopefully signing him to an extension." said Interim General Manager Hans Antonio, who made the move. GM Sam Presti however, wasn't present. It was reported that he is in the hospital although sources can't really figure out why. "I'm leaving this team to Hans Antonio." was his final words before making the 22-year old assistant the interim.

The Thunder let go some of their players who really weren't performing down the stretch, in exchange for rookies and sophomores whom already had good experience during college. The Rockets were in dire need of another point guard who are to slow down stretches where the pace is too high. Eric Maynor came in and has a pretty good experience playing alongside James Harden, Thunder's former Sixth Man. They also got a legit Center from the Thunder in Festus Ezeli, as well as hustle from Liggins.

Meanwhile, the Blazers added an athletic growing center in Daniel Orton, who can clog up the paint like a "Little Perk". Despite his lack of "meanie points", Blazers GM stated that he would mesh with their roster very well. The Blazers and the Rockets also traded both of their 2013 NBA Draft Picks.

Thunder get:
PG Toney Douglas (14.3 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.8 AST in 23.2 MPG)
PG Nolan Smith (6.3 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.5 AST in 17.5 MPG)
F Royce White (5.4 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 3.4 AST in 17.5 MPG)

Rockets get:
PG Eric Maynor (3.7 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 3.3 AST in 12.0 MPG)
SG DeAndre Liggins (0.7 PPG, 0.6 RPG, 0.6 AST in 3.4 MPG)
C Festus Ezeli (0.7 PPG, 1.7 RPG, 0.7 BPG in 8.3 MPG)
2013 1st Round NBA Draft Pick via Blazers (Top 15 Protected)
2013 2nd Round NBA Draft Pick via Blazers
2014 2nd Round NBA Draft Pick via Oklahoma City Thunder (If and only if TOR pick is Top 4-14)

Blazers get:
C Daniel Orton (0.9 PPG, 1.2 RPG, 0.2 BPG in 4.8 MPG)
2013 1st Round NBA Draft Pick via Rockets (Top 15 Protected)
2013 2nd Round NBA Draft Pick via Rockets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Thunder would be having a match without the three new players as they are still packing their way to Oklahoma City. We can expect Russell Westbrook to step it up against the Dallas at home.
Last edited by Durant35 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Re: [37-9] Thunder: Team is One | Thunder involved in a trad

Postby rise on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Good thing video game players can't be complete nutcases off the court. :D Royce White would've been a top 8 player in this draft sans the mental issues.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 am

Why is it that every game your presentations get better and better?! I'm lovin' it dude!
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Durant35 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey guys! I lost my internet connection and will probably be reconnected on Monday. I'm just using my cousin's internet connection just for the day. Anyways, I'm done playing all the games till the All-Star Game. Hope I can post it soon.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder shakes Dallas, 116-124

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Thunder Young Bloods destroys the Mavs

ImageImageImageImage

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (34 PTS, 10 REB, 8 AST, 1 STL and BLK)
Thunder Down Under: Kevin Martin (34 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST and 5 STL), Russell Westbrook (26 PTS, 10 REB, 7 AST and 3 STL)
Thunder Protector: Serge Ibaka (16 PTS, 13 REB and 2 BLK)

FEBRUARY 4 - After grabbing the first win in Cleveland this February, the Thunder simply wouldn't back down on their home court. Entering the second half, the Thunder played badly and were on the verge of losing one at home. Dallas was leading, 68-57. But the resiliency from the team's best four ignited and immediately held the Mavericks to 23 points compared to their 33 points on the third quarter.

The Thunder finally caught fire just after Serge Ibaka's dunk on the start of the fourth quarter, which gave them the lead and never looked back. They again held the Mavericks scoring below 30 points during the fourth, and scored ten more of what the opposing team gave. In the final minute of the game, despite hoisting 29 shots and making 14 of them, Kevin Durant once again brought the team back and closed the doors on Dallas after icing the game with a three that extended their lead to 6.

The Mavs had no choice but to foul and think of a play that will get them back into the game but to no avail. Kevin Martin made both of his free throws, and the Thunder beat Dallas 124-116.

Up Next: Home Games vs GSW and PHX, then a quick road stop at Phoenix and Utah, then going back to fight the Miami Heat.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Durant's double-double leads Thunder past Warriors

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Durant and Ibaka's double-double, key to "W" vs. GSW

phpBB [video]

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (32 PTS, 15 REB and 7 AST)
Thunder Down Under: Serge Ibaka (12 PTS, 15 REB and 4 STL)
Thunder Plunderer: Toney Douglas (5 PTS, 1 REB, 3 AST and 3 TOS)

After snatching the win against Dallas, the Oklahoma City Thunder focused on the game versus the Warriors. It's as if nothing happened. But coming into the game, the Thunder was as hungry as before. They wanted that win, that revenge win. Just before January ended, the Thunder had a 3-game losing streak, with one in Oracle Arena against the same Warriors.

And they succeeded. Serge and Durant both grabbed 15 rebounds, a season-high for Kevin Durant, and scored 12 and 32 respectively. Russell "Jet Zero" Westbrook also took it into him and finished the night with 28 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists, which is clearly becoming normal for him to do that in matches. The new guys also came in and had a hard time fitting in with the current roster. Chemistry will also be a factor.

"They're welcome here," said Kevin Durant. "Hope we all get along and mesh well." added Russell Westbrook. Only Toney Douglas and Royce White played today as the new guys. We'll definitely see more of them.

Photos:
Image ImageImage Image

Up Next: Home and Road Match against PHX. (Sim)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simulated Matches:

OKC vs. PHX: 104-88 - W
OKC @ PHX: 80-78 - W

Up Next: The Thunder faces the Jazz at Utah and then the arch-nemesis, Miami Heat.
Click the pic!

Durant35

Thunder with the easy "W" against Jazz

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Thunder slams door against Jazz, 129-109

ImageImageImage

Player of the Game: Kevin Durant (44 PTS, 5 REB and 3 AST)
Thunder Down Under: Russell Westbrook (20 PTS, 4 REB and 10 AST)
Thunder Protector: Jeremy Lamb (18 PTS, 2 REB and 2 BLK)

Another remarkable effort from the Thunder, who nearly scored 30 points for every quarter. Kevin Durant led the way with 44 points, but only hitting 16 of his 33 shots. Westbrook moved the ball like there was no tomorrow, as his passes were clear and accurate. When the starters came out of the game, Jeremy Lamb led the way and showed off his scoring abilities. Smoothly and precisely.

The Thunder defense also held the Jazz to 11% from beyond the arc, which was surprisingly excellent. Although they were out-rebounded, Oklahoma City bounced back by hitting 38% of their three-pointers, killing the Jazz defense in the process. But again, the team fouls are a problem. The team had committed 19 fouls. The Thunder erased it though with the power of the bench, who finished the night with 48 points compared to the Jazz's 38.

Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison also did a good job of clogging up the paint. They couldn't stop Al Jefferson from scoring 32 points, but they had him miss 9 shots and held him to 8 rebounds, something average for a forward/center who's in his prime.

Up Next: Home game versus the MIAMI HEAT.
Click the pic!

Durant35

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood