(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Mission Under Control [28-10]

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 am

karlsanada10 wrote:How many minutes does Goran Dragic have? And Nice wins!

Definitely no more than 20. He was excellent. (Y)
mp3 wrote:Two nice wins over two teams that can be tough, any thoughts on bring in Camby?

Probably not. Camby would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure who I'd give away for him.
Thierry • wrote:Nice to see Z-Bo in New Jersey. I'm also on the Dragic bandwagon (Y)

Before the season started, I thought New Jersey would be a monster team with D-Wil, Shannon Brown, Z-Bo, and Brook Lopez. Ever since D-Wil got injured, it's all been down hill for them, and they also desperately need a bench. They could use a Goran Dragic any day of the week. :D
Lamrock wrote:You're rolling. Cool/sad to see Roy and Oden on Portland here.

Despite that they're still underachieving kind of like the RL Blazers. Maybe Portland isn't meant to be good? :|

I should be able to finish Week 12 this weekend and get that posted, that's good news. Bad news is I still don't think I'll have time to update this frequently within the next few weeks.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Massacring Conference Rivals [30-10]

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 am

Part II

[28-10] Houston Rockets 111-92 Denver Nuggets [27-11]

Image Image
Courtney Lee hits the difficult double-clutch layup. | Wilson Chandler playing the go-to-guy role for Denver.

Like the last three games between these teams, this game was highly anticipated around the NBA. With the Denver Nuggets leading the season series 2-1, the pressure was on the Houston Rockets to take this one at home, and more importantly, secure a tighter lead on the first place spot in the Western Conference. If you look at the score, it would probably indicate that there was no pressure at all, and that this was just one game out of 1,230 NBA regular season games.

Denver caught the Rockets off guard, getting off to a fast start, and keeping them down through the first six minutes of the game. Houston scored six unanswered to gain their first lead of the game, and would hold that lead for the rest of the first quarter.

Things weren't going so well for Houston despite the lead; both Yao Ming and Shane Battier got into foul trouble, having to sit out the majority of the period. In addition, Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin scored the first 17 points for Houston amongst themselves, Martin finishing with a game high 39. Denver's high man was Wilson Chandler, who scored 22 points and also grabbed six rebounds.

The Nuggets came to play in the second quarter and ran circles around the Rockets defense, scoring 35 in the quarter to get a one point lead at halftime. In contrast to that run however, Denver managed a miserable 15 points in the third quarter, falling into a cold spell all throughout the second half. Denver would shoot 34% in the second half, compared to 51% in the first. They shot 42% for the game, but they had no answer for Houston's bulldozing offense, which racked up 49% from the field and 34 assists.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 39 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 12/20 FG, 3/5 3P, 12/13 FT
Luis Scola - 16 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 5/12 FG, 6/7 FT
Courtney Lee - 12 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 4/6 FG, 3/3 3P
Kyle Lowry - 11 points, 13 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 5/14 FG

Nuggets:
Wilson Chandler - 22 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 9/16 FG, 3/3 FT
Nene Hilario - 14 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 7/15 FG
Danilo Gallinari - 13 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 6/19 FG
Arron Afflalo - 12 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, 5/14 FG, 2/5 3P
Marco Belinelli - 10 points, 4/4 FG, 2/2 FT

Image29 29 27 26 111
Image24 35 15 18 92

[29-10] Houston Rockets 113-94 New Orleans Hornets [21-18]

Image Image
Shane Battier was one of six double-digit scorers for the Rockets. | Chris Paul knocks down a three to end the first half.

When you factor in that Trevor Ariza was out with a Broken Jaw, David West spent the entire first half in foul trouble, and Chris Paul's limited shot attempts, and you have a New Orleans team with a bunch of no name players, either second round picks or moderately decent players.

And that's how the score came to be. The Rockets destroyed the Hornets in the second and fourth quarters, outscoring them by double digits in both quarters. Kevin Martin remains the high man for Houston as he scored a game high 29, and received help from his fellow starters Yao Ming and Luis Scola who each scored 18. Shane Battier was hot converting on all six of his field goal attempts on route to 15 points.

For New Orleans, West and Paul scored 20 each. Apart from them, rookie Jeremy Tyler had a decent game scoring 13 points on 5/10 shooting, but nobody else from the New Orleans roster stepped up to play.

"You can tell it's (Chris) Paul and (David) West carrying this team. If you take them out, there would be no hope for Hornets fans," Kyle Lowry said.

Houston shot an amazing 55% from the field, compared to New Orleans' 44%. The other story, is Houston destroyed New Orleans on the boards 48-28.

After three games in a row that ended up being complete laughers, two against above-average teams, are the Rockets primed to go on a big win streak? Will anyone be able to stop them?

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 29 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 12/19 FG, 3/3 3P
Yao Ming - 18 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 9/12 FG
Luis Scola - 18 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 3/5 FG, 12/13 FT
Shane Battier - 15 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 6/6 FT
Kyle Lowry - 12 points, 7 assists, 1 rebound, 5/12 FG
Patrick Patterson - 10 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 4/6 FG

Hornets:
David West - 20 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 10/14 FG
Chris Paul - 20 points, 13 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 4/7 FG
Tyler Honeycutt - 16 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 6/17 FG
Jeremy Tyler - 13 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 5/10 FG
Emeka Okafor - 10 points, 12 rebounds, 1 steal, 5/12 FG

Image31 31 22 27 113
Image26 18 23 19 94
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Massacring Conference Rivals [30-10]

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 am

K-MART WON'T STOP! :lol: Yao has a nice dub-dub in Game 2, I miss him IRL :cry:
Mavs4Life

Postby Martti. on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 am

Great wins over two good teams, Martin is still Mr. Efficient.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 am

Yao can still take down defenses on our associations :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby karlsanada10 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:33 am

Almost 40pts. 6 players are on double-digits points. You killed 'em. :))
karlsanada10

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Mavs4Life wrote:K-MART WON'T STOP! :lol: Yao has a nice dub-dub in Game 2, I miss him IRL :cry:

Double-doubles are somewhat rare for Yao, always great to get him one.
Martti. wrote:Great wins over two good teams, Martin is still Mr. Efficient.

It was all K-Mart against the Nuggets. His shooting numbers are just outright unfair. :shock:
Thierry • wrote:Yao can still take down defenses on our associations :wink:

It's all due to his height and skill, two major things that don't regress as a player ages. (Y)
karlsanada10 wrote:Almost 40pts. 6 players are on double-digits points. You killed 'em. :))

It is rather surprising to win blowout teams back-to-back, especially when they're in playoff contention.

It's been about an entire month since my last update. :lame: I really have no idea when the next one is, but I sure don't see it coming in the next four weeks either. No matter what happens though, I have no plans to retire this; I'm sure there will be a point later on down the road where I will have a lot of spare time again, hopefully.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 pm

K-Mart is killing it. :P
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 am

Will be looking forward to your return (Y) You're one of the better members to have in this section
[Hyperize]

Postby Martti. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 am

What's K-Mart's True Shooting Percentage?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 am

WOW, it sure has been a while. I might write a summary later on to refresh everyone's memory (and mine) on what went on in this association before this long leave of absence. Hoping to be able to resume this next week.

Martti. wrote:What's K-Mart's True Shooting Percentage?

I can't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it's in the high 50's, low 60's.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:37 pm

It's already August. Everyone's busy.:/
karlsanada10

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Lol yeah. It's part laziness on me too. Now that the Rockets have completely revamped their roster in real life, I'd like to see how far I can go with this roster. I don't know if I can get motivated to start again though. I start college in less than three weeks. So three weeks is all I have left of freedom. :(
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby rise on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, that's how I am too with my Domination. I know I want to finish the season I'm on though, I'm just feeling too damn lazy.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 am

I have come to a decision to resume this starting late this month/early next month. I hope you guys don't mind that I'm about a year behind today's time with this one, and that the rosters are drastically different compared to RL. Either way, I hope to finish this season and (probably unlikely) do one more to retire this one. I will start a 2K13 association in the future, but not with the Rockets (well, not the current ones anyway). As a sidenote, I am only gonna do game recaps and occasional articles, so the chapters will have to come to a stop. I didn't even know where I was going with the plot anyways. :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Will Resume Soon Enough...

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:16 am

Glad we'll be getting closure on this. I'd recommend simming the season and tying up all the loose plot ends in one final chapter, but that's just me. :P
Lamrock

Postby rise on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 am

Trade for James Harden whose beard just becomes too awesome for everyone else to handle and every other team in the league gives up and you automatically win a championship. Nice easy finish. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm

I miss the NLSC draftees tournament.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Lamrock wrote:Glad we'll be getting closure on this. I'd recommend simming the season and tying up all the loose plot ends in one final chapter, but that's just me. :P

That's not a bad idea. It'll be hard to think of something though; my plot had more of a detective-like atmosphere. Don't know how I'd tie up that loose end. :lol:
rise wrote:Trade for James Harden whose beard just becomes too awesome for everyone else to handle and every other team in the league gives up and you automatically win a championship. Nice easy finish. :lol:

Too easy imo. I am continuing this in order to go my own way and not imitate RL too much.
Stress Fracture wrote:I miss the NLSC draftees tournament.

Yeah, I do as well. It's fun watching the computer play. :lol:

I've gone back and read about three pages back and it brought back good memories, and a bit of motivation to continue. What I am short on is time, but like I said, I should be able to resume this in about three weeks. I will play out the rest of this season and sim about 2-3 more seasons only for NLSC Draftees to know how their players panned out in the league. Soon enough, I will post a decent-length summary of what has happened so far, because this association differs so much from real life at this point.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Before the Action Resumes...

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 am

Before the Action Resumes...

As I said two weeks ago, this will resume sometime in the near future. Before I continue with this however, I'd like to refresh everyone's memories on what has happened so far. This is so the updates don't seem out of context to the regular readers, and so the new readers won't have to go back and see how everything happened. But I don't even know where to begin...

To start off, this is the 2011-12 season, which was last year's season. I am currently 40 games into the season, and stand at 30-10. But first off, let me inform you how the 2010-11 season went for us. We finished 58-24, good for first seed in the Western Conference. We swept the LA Clippers in the first round, after Eric Gordon went down in Game One. We defeated the Spurs in five games in the second round (Tim Duncan was out for the season), but lost to the Dallas Mavericks in the Conference Finals. The Mavs were the eventual champions, edging out the Miami Heat in seven games to win the title. Dirk Nowitzki won the Finals MVP. Playoff tree here. This is the fullest playoff tree I have, I think.

In the offseason, many changes happened. This is where my story began to take a different path to real life. For one, the 2011 Draft went a different way. You can see the full draft list here. Offseason changes are here. Also, all recaps ever done are here, and you can also scroll up to see other non-game related stuff.

To summarize the plot-line (Rocket chapters) of my story, the main character is an older version of myself who was hired as Assistant GM of the Rockets. As a conspiracist, he worked to put David Stern down for rigging the 2002 WCF in favor of the Lakers. It's a cool little twisted plotline, I'd recommend reading it in its entirety to get more juice out of it. The plotline I was currently working on was that Daryl Morey (GM of the Rockets) was deliberately hit by an eighteen-wheeler, and along with his "detective spy" buddies, the main character is trying to track down the culprit. In the meantime, the main character is serving as interim GM of the Rockets, though headquarter employees aren't all too happy with his tyrannical way of running things. As time is short, I will (most likely) not be continuing the Rocket chapters, but if time allows, I will end it all in one mega chapter. You can find all Rocket chapters here (scroll down a little).

Now, on to my current season, the current roster is this:

C - Yao Ming
PF - Luis Scola
SF - Shane Battier
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - Kyle Lowry
-----------------------
PG - Goran Dragic
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Terrence Williams
PF - Patrick Patterson
C - Chuck Hayes
SG - Thabo Sefolosha
C - Brad Miller
----------------------------
PG - Ishmael Smith (D-League)
SF - Brad Halstead (D-League)

As you can see, Patrick Patterson is the only player my team has in common to real life's Rockets team. For the love of Yao, I decided not to retire him in this story, but to develop his career. Kevin Martin is the star of the team, averaging well over 30 points per game this season. At the point in time I'm at right now, most of the other players were still on the real life roster, so it's not like I have outright refused to shake things up (lol).

Also, if you are wondering who Brad Halstead is, he was a generated player in my Rockets Live 10 story. I gave him a personality that everybody loved (arrogant, self-centered prick) and thanks to all the positive feedback, I gave him life in this story. It is unlikely he will be in my next story (2K13), since I plan to use a different team, and he was probably long forgotten until I mentioned him right now.

The current and most recent standings (that I have posted) for the season are here. This is more of an around the league report.

As for trades this season, I've only done a couple. The first, I traded Aaron Brooks and Chase Budinger to Phoenix in exchange for Goran Dragic and a first round pick. The Suns are bottom of the league here, so this first round pick is super valuable for the 2012 draft. The second trade is a little complicated, but I'll list it below:

NYK received: Steve Nash, Sean Williams (both from PHX)
LAC received: Chauncey Billups (from NYK), Marcin Gortat (from PHX)
PHX received: Anthony Randolph (from NYK), Mo Williams (from LAC), Chris Kaman (from LAC), and first round picks from both other teams

And last but not least, the NLSC players. The list of them is here (don't bother filling out the application if you're new), and also what team and their draft order. The NLSC Tournament, which is a competition between the NLSC draftees of the current year, will be continued, but not that this current one will be the last of the story. The full description of it is here.

There you have it. I know this is a little vague and I could have gone into further detail, but it's still quite a bit to take in. If you have any questions about something that is unclear or there's something you'd like to add, let me know. I will be resuming this in about two weeks, but until then, I 've gotta knock out this pile of homework in front of me. :(
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Before the Action Resumes...

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks for the catch-up. If and when you do finish this, I'd recommend using that sim intervention feature while you have it. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Lamrock, thanks for the tip. :) That will definitely make things go faster if my team needs a human boost to win a game.

Two weeks left until the fall semester in college is over. :) I took advantage of this Thanksgiving break to get back into the rhythm of video games. Tried out 2K13 and from the looks of things, it will be difficult to transition in between both 2K13 and 2K11; I just know I'm gonna mess up trying to dribble with just the right stick in 2K11. :lol: Will try to get an update this week.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Glad you could continue this.:D I'll try to follow your next story on NBA 2k13 too.xD
karlsanada10

Back In Action! [32-10]

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 am

[30-10] Houston Rockets 103-101 Orlando Magic [19-22]

Image Image
Lowry played great second fiddle this game. | Kevin Martin shows he's much in the clutch, knocks down the game-winner.

Image Image
Dwight Howard had a strong game, but not strong enough. | Arenas had a sub-par shooting game, which is part of the reason for the loss.

The Orlando Magic started off strong, with JJ Redick getting the first three points of the game. From there, Orlando would chuck up 25 three-point attempts, connecting on nine of them. Threes were a part of the reason Orlando kept themselves alive in this one. Redick shot 3/9 from downtown, Jameer Nelson shot 3/5, and Gilbert Arenas shot 2/6. Arenas was the high point man for Orlando with 22 points, but on a bad 8/22 shooting. Dwight Howard meanwhile notched a double-double of 20 points and 13 boards, accompanied by four blocks as he led the Magic to dominate the inside.

Houston on the other hand, had powerful contributions from Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and Kyle Lowry. Martin had a game high 28 points to go along with four rebounds and assists apiece, and shot 12/20 from the field. Lowry had a huge first half in the assists department with eight for the half, finishing with 19 points and nine dimes. Scola had a near double-double of 15 points, nine boards, shooting 6/10 from the field.

Orlando had to play catch up all game long, and with less than a minute left, they were down 101-95. Two costly turnovers, and two consecutive three-pointers later, the Magic miraculously tied the game at 101 equal with 14 seconds left in the game. The Rockets put the ball in Martin's hands; he drove right but was cut off by Arenas, and then drove across the top of the arc, and pulled up for a 16-foot elbow jumper. He knocked it down with 4.4 seconds remaining to put the Rockets up 103-101.

On the other end, the Orlando Magic did not use their four seconds wisely, and Arenas ended up firing up a long desperation three that was nowhere near making it, as Orlando's catch up effort fell short on their home floor.

Notes: Both teams shot 47% from the field, but Houston won the battle of the boards 48-39.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 28 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 12/20 FG, 2/3 3P
Kyle Lowry - 19 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 5/9 FG, 8/10 FT
Luis Scola - 15 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 6/10 FG
Yao Ming - 10 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 5/9 FG
Goran Dragic - 9 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 4/9 FG

Magic:
Gilbert Arenas - 22 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, 8/22 FG, 2/6 3P, 4/6 FT
Dwight Howard - 20 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 blocks, 1 steal, 7/14 FG, 6/9 FT
JJ Redick - 17 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 7/15 FG, 3/9 3P
Jameer Nelson - 13 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 5/9 FG, 3/5 3P
Brandon Bass - 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 5/8 FG
Hedo Turkoglu - 10 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 5/11 FG

Image32 23 29 19 103
Image22 27 30 22 101

[31-10] Houston Rockets 102-94 Indiana Pacers [18-20]

Image Image
Scola provided a necessary scoring boost to pull off the win. | Martin had a relatively mediocre game.

Image Image
Despite his twisted ankle, Granger scored a game high 30 points. | Hibbert's jumpshot was smooth all game long.

It was Danny Granger's and Roy Hibbert's combination of 55 points that gave the Indiana Pacers the boost they needed. Thanks to this strong scoring duo, the Houston Rockets' biggest lead throughout the night was 10. At one point in the first quarter, Indiana held the lead for a brief few minutes, but from then on they trailed and kept the game very close.

"We were keeping them at bay but they kept snapping at our heels and we had to give it all we could so they wouldn't regain the lead," Kevin Martin, who had a team high 24 points, said.

Granger twisted his ankle on an and-one call that he converted over Martin, but was still able to play and knock down the free throw. He didn't seem very bothered by the injury, as he ended up scoring a game high 30 points on 12/23 shooting. The biggest reason for Indiana's downfall was lack of support to Granger and Hibbert, as the next best player was Patrick Mills with 13 points on a sub-par 4/14 shooting.

The Rockets shot 50% from the field compared to Indiana's 44%. That was the biggest difference, as Luis Scola scored 20 points on an efficient 9/13 shooting, and Kyle Lowry dropped a double-double of 13 points and 10 assists.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 24 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 8/18 FG, 2/4 3P, 6/6 FT
Luis Scola - 20 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block, 9/13 FG, 2/2 FT
Kyle Lowry - 13 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 3/6 FG, 3/3 3P, 4/6 FT
Yao Ming - 11 points, 10 rebounds, 5/13 FG, 1/1 FT
Terrence Williams - 10 points, 1 rebound, 4/5 FT

Pacers:
Danny Granger - 30 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 12/23 FG, 4/10 3P, 2/2 FT
Roy Hibbert - 25 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 1 block, 12/20 FG
Patrick Mills - 13 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 4/14 FG, 4/4 FT
Carl Landry - 6 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 blocks, 3/7 FG

Image29 23 23 27 102
Image28 18 24 24 94
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Back In Action! [32-10]

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

Typical bad late game execution by the CPU - but it has only improved a bit in 2k13. Two good wins - cool to see you back here. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood