Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm

So long as he can return at full strength at some point, even if that's next season. Can't be too careful after an injury like that, after all.

Deng's too valuable to just let walk, so if he's not going to be in the long term plans - which is definitely going to require a paycut - then hopefully they can move him before that happens and get something decent in return. A promising young player, a handful of Draft picks, something like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

is it me or are the bulls players more valuable to this team then another? perhaps this is a domino effect from Rose. For a team that is offense starved- a has been like Hamilton or the well traveled Robinson play big minutes. An above average player like Luol Deng is vital to this team
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby benji on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 pm

air gordon wrote:still riding that horse, eh?

Sorry to disappoint.

Then the Bulls have a fucked up way of not doing it. They should have amnestied Boozer, offered Deng for any peanuts they could get*, not touched or looked in the direction of Kirk Hinrich and definitely not have splurged on Gibson.

If you weren't going to hope Rose would be back to make a run at it this season, why would you pay the luxury tax in order to miss the lottery? Why would you extend Gibson? Why would you also keep Boozer around?

* http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at934qs
benji

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I agree mostly on what benji said. I'm just not sure whether Lamar Odom would be a good fit for the Bulls.
Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favourite player in this league but I think his Kartrashian wife fucked him/ his career up. Even now with the Clippers he plays horrible...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Nah it's just the trade away from the Lakers. He was voted Sixth Man in his last season with the Lakers and he was already married to his wife then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:I'm just not sure whether Lamar Odom would be a good fit for the Bulls.
Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favourite player in this league but I think his Kartrashian wife fucked him/ his career up. Even now with the Clippers he plays horrible...

I don't care if he doesn't even fly into town to take a physical, he's got an expiring contract. He can be waived the instant the deal is consummated.
benji

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 am

benji wrote:Then the Bulls have a fucked up way of not doing it. They should have amnestied Boozer, offered Deng for any peanuts they could get*, not touched or looked in the direction of Kirk Hinrich and definitely not have splurged on Gibson.

If you weren't going to hope Rose would be back to make a run at it this season, why would you pay the luxury tax in order to miss the lottery? Why would you extend Gibson? Why would you also keep Boozer around?

* http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at934qs

i don't agree mostly with what benji said. you are drinking the bulls management cool aid. this team is just good enough to make the playoffs. the UC will be filled. Rose may come back for the playoffs. it's just enough to keep the fans coming back. most of the signings this offeason will have minimal impact on the salary cap. Rein$dorf and the investment group he heads continues to laugh their way to the bank.

if this was a title run- management would have went all out and not care about the luxury tax and huge penalty for the next few years. Asik would have been matched, Korver resigned, etc

If they did a complete dump and you bring in garbage to make a starting 5- empty UC. investors mad. even lame ass Cubs fans were selling their tickets for 5 cents on stubhub when they knew the season was in the dumps.

as mentioned many times already- the Bulls management has a history of protecting their investments. i can't see how it's going to be any different with Rose
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby benji on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

air gordon wrote:you are drinking the bulls management cool aid.

How so?
most of the signings this offeason will have minimal impact on the salary cap.

Except for the $12 million they'll give Hinrich and Gibson next year.
if this was a title run- management would have went all out and not care about the luxury tax and huge penalty for the next few years. Asik would have been matched, Korver resigned, etc

They will be paying the luxury tax this season. They didn't significantly downgrade the bench, but did save a little in trading Korver and waiving Brewer/Watson. (All of whom were done after this season anyhow.) All the other deals are still in place, and they added Gibson's to it.

Asik wasn't worth matching title chasing, fan scamming or rebuilding.
benji

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Should've won that one against the Rockets. Tough loss.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 am

if the bulls were "all in", the bulls would not purposely weaken themselves and let Asik walk. The Bulls are making a run with Nazr Mohammed and RIP hamilton? Seriously? i hear the bulls may consider DARKO.

Gibson was given the extension this season. not this past offseason ;)

let's not digress. the bulls aren't "going for it". these penny pinching moves made this team competitive enough to make the playoffs. we've seen management''s stance on limiting playing time on players returning from injury. this does not add up to a title run.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Definitely should've won that one against the Bucks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 am

They won the next game vs. dallas so we can worry about Thibbs overplaying the starters/having no faith in the bench after the next loss ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 pm

They managed to eke out the win against the Sixers, which was good to see. However...

Bulls say Hamilton has torn tissue in left foot

The team says an MRI on Sunday confirmed he tore the plantar fascia tissue and will return ''as his symptoms permit.'' Hamilton left Saturday's game against Philadelphia in the third quarter and returned to hit three of four free throws in the final 20 seconds, clinching a 93-88 win.

Can't catch a break.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Ouch...tough home loss to the Granger-less Pacers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 pm

It's not like the Bulls have their star player either. Good job good effort for them.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Like A Boss on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:04 pm

There we go Bulls win over the Pistons with Noah scoring 30 POINTS and grabbing 23 REBOUNDS!!! Looks like Noah joins Dwight and Zach with a double-double of 20+ Rebounds and 10+ Points
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 pm

A simply beastly performance by Noah, the first Bulls player to have 30+ points, 20+ rebounds and at least six assists since Charles Oakley in 1986. Not much help from the bench in that one, but solid performances by the starters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 am

Belinelli has really stepped up after being injected into the line-up, averaging 20 points over the last three games, also the Bulls have won all three. He's also getting Deng minutes, as is Noah. If he's able to continue in a similar vein, I'd be excited to see how he plays alongside Rose.

Noah following his monster game with an almost triple-double (10 points, 11 boards..... 9 turnovers)
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 am

I'm not sure how long that will continue, but it's been great to see. I don't see him starting ahead of Rip when he gets back, but if he can continue having solid games while coming off the bench, then that signing is going to be a lot better than it was shaping up to be. In any case, it's nice to see him performing above expectations, which had been set fairly low after the preseason.

Fine win over the Knicks regardless of Melo being out, especially since they just toppled the Heat despite being without him. Should've seen it coming given the fact that I picked the Knicks to win in our predictions thread, but in my defense the Bulls have lost some very winnable games at home so far this season while the Knicks have been pretty good. Still, the enjoyment of a Bulls win outweighs the loss of a point in the predictions game. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 am

Andrew wrote:I'm not sure how long that will continue, but it's been great to see. I don't see him starting ahead of Rip when he gets back, but if he can continue having solid games while coming off the bench, then that signing is going to be a lot better than it was shaping up to be. In any case, it's nice to see him performing above expectations, which had been set fairly low after the preseason.

Why should RIP start over him when he comes back?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm

That was just an assumption, though if Belinelli keeps up his strong play maybe he will keep the job when Hamilton returns. So long as it works, fine by me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 pm

if Belinelli can continue to play well- do you think he should be starting over RIP when he comes back?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dan's Brain on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm

I think he should. Neither is the long-term option at two-guard, so there should be no concern for damaged egos. Belinelli hasn't been good when playing with the reserves and his presence (if he can be consistent) creates opportunities and space for Deng and Noah. In any case, it shouldn't automatically be Rip's spot. Also, a bit more of a veteran presence off the bench couldn't hurt. The bench "gathering" (I hasten to call them a mob these days) is still incredibly lacking, when they were one of the team's biggest strengths the last two years.

Valiant effort to stay with the Clippers today. I picked the Bulls in the prediction thread but it was more out of hope and loyalty than anything else, but I thought the result would be far, far worse. Bad shooting night for Beli, but he made some other good contributions and Boozer looked terrific out there.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, I think he does earn the spot if he keeps playing like he has been. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Thibbs did decide to start Hamilton again once he gets back but if Belinelli keeps up the good play, there's no reason that absolutely has to happen. Hopefully they can both be reasonably consistent and dependable as the season goes on, no matter which role they end up with.

Dan's Brain wrote:I picked the Bulls in the prediction thread but it was more out of hope and loyalty than anything else, but I thought the result would be far, far worse. Bad shooting night for Beli, but he made some other good contributions and Boozer looked terrific out there.

Same here. It worked out a little better against the Sixers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 am

Dan's Brain wrote: his presence (if he can be consistent) creates opportunities and space for Deng and Noah.

bingo

Also, a bit more of a veteran presence off the bench couldn't hurt. The bench "gathering" (I hasten to call them a mob these days) is still incredibly lacking, when they were one of the team's biggest strengths the last two years.

i think RIP is betting coming off the bench anyway. Having him and Deng togehter on the floor on offense is somewhat redundent. RIP would excel in a role that allows him free reign on posting up reserve guards and/or running them off of screens..."gathering"... haha

The Love to the bulls consiprancy has a breath. Earlier this week Love publicly lambasted Wolves management. He later apologized for making the comments public but still held strong on how he felt :twisted:
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball