Golden State Warriors Thread (2012-13 Season)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Golden State Warriors Thread (2012-13 Season)

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:07 am

WARRIORS.....COME OUT TO PLAY.....

for the first time in a long time i'm excited for this year's Golden State Warriors (the last time was in 2007 when we got Stephen Jack, Al Harrington and Sarunas for trade). I love how the new management is building the roster this year. the signing of Carl Landry is finally official. Brandon Rush is next! :) sources: http://sulia.com/channel/golden-state-w ... ce=twitter

here is how the roster looks like at the moment..

2012-13 Roster:
PG Stephen Curry
SG Klay Thompson
SF Harrison Barnes
PF David Lee
C Andrew Bogut
-------------------------------
6 Jarrett Jack
7 Brand Rush
8 Carl Landry
9 Kent Bazemore
10 Richard Jefferson
11 Andris Biedrens
12 Festus Ezeli
13 Draymond Green
14 Charles Jenkins
15 Jeremy Tyler

i love all four new rookies. i love the starting bigs in both David Lee and Andrew Bogut. both can rebound the ball and are good passers. we have a lot of shooters and slashers on the roster. i also love the players coming of the bench first...and back up for players if someone gets injured (looking at Curry/Bogut :mrgreen: ). the Warriors have a deep potential roster for the 2013 Season. if everything goes well, i hope in the end of the season they'll be battling for the 7th or 8th spot of the playoffs. The new released schedule seems doable.

any Warriors fans in here?
Last edited by sevin0seven on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Re: Golden State Warriors Thread (2012-13 Season)

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 am

I'm not a Warriors fan, but they are putting together a decent looking lineup, if everyone remains healthy. Good move getting Landry.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

I've been a big fan of Landry, so hope he shines in GS. How's David Lee doing the past couple of years?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not a Warriors fan, but they are putting together a decent looking lineup, if everyone remains healthy. Good move getting Landry.

yep, the Warriors did an excellent job in the off-season this year. the only thing they need to do in the near future is to get Biedrens and Jefferson off the books.

dei. wrote:I've been a big fan of Landry, so hope he shines in GS. How's David Lee doing the past couple of years?

David Lee has been the only consistent Warrior player for the past couple of years. I'm a big fan of Landry as well ever since he was in Houston. I always thought he was a beast, and now his with the Warriors squad, man I am excited. :)
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby rise on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 am

Possible playoff team next year? They're probably better than the Jazz.

The bench sucks, but that's a very solid starting 5 when healthy. Unfortunately, Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut could hold them back if they get hurt again.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby sevin0seven on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 am

z02 wrote:Possible playoff team next year? They're probably better than the Jazz.

The bench sucks, but that's a very solid starting 5 when healthy. Unfortunately, Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut could hold them back if they get hurt again.

i think the Warriors bench this year is more deeper compared to the last 4 years or so.
sevin0seven

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 am

I am very upset that Golden State got the coin flip over the Raptors which allowed them to draft Barnes one slot ahead of them. The Raptors can't even tank right god damn......
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby sevin0seven on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Its_asdf wrote:I am very upset that Golden State got the coin flip over the Raptors which allowed them to draft Barnes one slot ahead of them. The Raptors can't even tank right god damn......

:mrgreen:
sevin0seven

Postby sevin0seven on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 am

12 - 7 as of last night. Stephen Curry is on fire, David "WCW" Lee is a beast and all three rookies has been a factor in the run. :)
sevin0seven

Postby rise on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 am

sevin0seven wrote:David "WCW" Lee
White Chris Webber, that's hilarious. :lol:

GS has played some really nice ball, all without Andrew Bogut. As long as everyone stays healthy, this is a force to be reckoned with once Bogut returns. Sucks about Rush though.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Doesn't sound like Bogut's returning anytime soon, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Klay Thompson's been a disappointment though. Seems to me the Warriors had more stocks invested in him than in Curry which I found annoying. Earlier this season, he was the leading man on offense and still somewhat is, having a green light to shoot at his will. Otherwise, Curry should be averaging better numbers. Overall I think this team can do better and has a promising future but they will need defensive stoppers both for the paint and perimeter.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 am

NovU wrote:Klay Thompson's been a disappointment though. Seems to me the Warriors had more stocks invested in him than in Curry which I found annoying. Earlier this season, he was the leading man on offense and still somewhat is, having a green light to shoot at his will. Otherwise, Curry should be averaging better numbers. Overall I think this team can do better and has a promising future but they will need defensive stoppers both for the paint and perimeter.

I think Klay is doing fine. It was annoying when he was on his shooting slump but players in the NBA does go through with it from time to time and since his a shooter, everyone expects him to make his shots (he will get better as the season progress more, the young gun is still learning). Shooters will keep shooting. But if you look at the guy he replaced on SG, Monta Ellis is also having his shooting slump as well and to be honest i rather have Klay on this team. The chemistry is much better.

Andrew wrote:Doesn't sound like Bogut's returning anytime soon, though.

which is a blessing because Festus Ezeli is getting the experience he needs. when Bogut returns (whenever that will be) the Warriors will be a better deeper team.
sevin0seven

Postby sevin0seven on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Warriors beats the HEAT in Miami! in a very exciting close 97-95 game. Goes 5-0 on the road, and 15 - 7 for the season. :D

sevin0seven

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 am

Huge win for them. They've very quietly had quite a good season so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 am

Dear Wade:

Stop embarrassing me like this and I will stop cheating on you.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jeffx on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

I have to admit, my eyes bugged out when I saw the Warriors record in today's paper. I'm happy for Mark Jackson and especially David Lee, one of my favorite players when he was a Knick. Dude's a work-horse. From everything I've read, he's stepped up his game big-time. Much better from his days in NYC.
Jeffx

Postby airBerlin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:57 pm

david lee's always been super underrated imo, never understood why either.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby sevin0seven on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 am

David Lee messed around and got a triple double. 18-9 Warriors.
sevin0seven

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 am

David Lee certainly is playing best basketball of his life. I am guessing part of it could be due to emergence of Stephen Curry as a capable PG. Unlike Monta Ellis, Stephen has adjusted nicely, nearly looking like a traditional type of PG.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:22 am

NovU wrote:David Lee certainly is playing best basketball of his life. I am guessing part of it could be due to emergence of Stephen Curry as a capable PG. Unlike Monta Ellis, Stephen has adjusted nicely, nearly looking like a traditional type of PG.

Or it's because you've never looked at David Lee before.
benji

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 am

Maybe. General perception about him was that he is capable of scoring and rebounding(just in 2 categories) but pretty much non-existent on everything else including defense where he'd sit and watch. But he was Mr. Wonderful when I won it all last season in fantasy league with him as pretty much a starter all season long. This season, I changed my allegiance to Curry as I have been riding him nicely for my undefeated fantasy team. And evidently, Curry has stepped up and so has David Lee this season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:04 am

The team as a whole is certainly hustling more on defense, but it's not like Curry and Lee are playing differently in every other aspect of the game. (Or have become all-defense players.) The team is just playing well (as was expected) and have been lucky to inflate the record even more so of course everything must be connected to the two best players who MUST have improved then. It's not like the team has had their three all-star level players for every single game (along with Jarret Jack fighting the fluke rule) unlike normal.
benji

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 am

True that. But there were a lot of doubts on Curry with health and a new role as a PG before the season began. He's keeping himself pretty healthy and upped production all around. Not only David Lee has stepped up but healthy Curry is also contributing more now that they're without Monta Ellis hurting the team and using up all the balls.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 am

NovU wrote:True that. But there were a lot of doubts on Curry with health and a new role as a PG before the season began.

What new role? He's been playing the point for four years now.
upped production all around.

He's down in almost every category.
benji

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball