Pro Wrestling X: Early Access Available Now - $10

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Pro Wrestling X

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 am

16% of $75k with 12? days left

second thought on the CAW if this happens, when we were kids my buddies and I created this evil guy "Fisher" based off this AOL chat kid who theatened to murder us. Black pants/long sleeve shirt, taker gloves, hockey mask, that would be a proud moment. Better than a tall Asian ginger with a top hat and Lincoln beard
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 am

I don't know, that's a tough choice. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 am

some new videos up from them, mods will have a "sgsm" folder for textures and models and such, protecting original files

and the emotional video on the background, about his dad and his motivation for the project....
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:38 am

Gotta give him a lot of credit for posting a video like that, no wonder it took a few attempts for him to record it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am

Just pledged $50, seems comparable to what I'd pay for what is basically a collector's edition of the game and idea of getting a character in the game is pretty cool. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more people digging deep to reach that goal...kind of a shame as it would only need 2500 people contributing $30 to reach the target of $75,000. I'd have thought there'd be at least that many people interested in the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am

well thanks for doing it with me at least. I really hope something amazing happens this week, but it really isn't looking too good
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 am

Indeed. It's strange, it seems like it still has a very enthusiastic following, enough people to chip in what would essentially be RRP to reach the goal. You'd be getting a copy of the game too, so it's not like you have to chip in and then pay more on top of that to get it; that kind of goodwill certainly made me more willing to pledge a little money.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm

I just pledged 50 dollars as well. I used to love the wrestling games on N64. Had lots of fun playing WCW vs NWO world tour. Plus I couldn't resist the idea of myself being in the game.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

thanks guys :mrgreen:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:18 pm

At least we can say we tried to do our part. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 am

footage of the broken game I've conned you into buying
phpBB [video]

Again, not exactly a good promo video for funding and such
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 am

Perhaps not, but I can appreciate the honesty. I think the bottom line is that a bulk of the hard work is done, so it's not like they're requiring funding for a game that's being started from scratch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 pm

and failed. But thank you guys for joining in with me.

Nice update though

Ok...well there you go! Thank you to ALL of you for your support! The crew and I are actually more fired up than ever before. We learned a lot from this Kickstarter. Most importantly we learned what we need to do next. You need to get your hands on something and PLAY IT. We're going to do that. Soon. I'm talking days here. Not weeks. Our lead programmer wants Uprising beta in the wild by Tuesday. I want to make that happen.

We also learned that we have an absolutely beautiful army of supporters out there who genuinely want us to succeed. So we'll keep pushing ahead and we'll keep giving you reasons to believe in us. We can't show you perfection, but we can show you progress. I've been updating you guys every week for over 500 weeks and that will keep on keepin' on. Only soon you'll be updating US with feedback on actual playable builds of a game.

So thank you all. You'd think we'd be tempted to feel like failures for not raising the $75k. Quite the opposite. We feel more pumped and excited than we have in a long long time, thanks to you.

Please stay tuned. We'll be giving you stuff soon. And we'll be accepting you're support again soon. This has been an amazing, educational, and motivating four weeks. We're better than ever. And that's a shoot :)

Now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to walk away from this computer and spend some much needed time with my incredible wife and daughter who haven't seen much of me for the last few weeks.

I'll be talking with you again very very soon.

THANK YOU!!!

-Dave and the Pro Wrestling X crew
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 am

I found that update to be encouraging as well. If there's a silver lining to the first Kickstarter attempt, it's that it was just a few thousand dollars short of a third of what they were asking for. Getting a demo out there so that people can try it out and see that releasing the game is much more than a pipe dream should hopefully encourage more support on their next attempt. As I said before, 2500 people pledging RRP of $30 would make it happen. They almost got a third of the way there with a lot of people probably being sceptical that the game would ever come out and not being keen to pledge without first having a playable demo, so with that added incentive they could very well reach their target next time around.

In any case, I'll probably be inclined to pledge $50 again when the opportunity comes around again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Video on the beta that will be coming out shortly to those that send them some money. It sounds like any money gets you the beta (which will get updates like rope physics, CAW, more moves, different matches, more animations, all free) but I'm wondering if they are going to do more tiers since they won't be redoing the kickstarter.

phpBB [video]

and he just gave me permission to monetize YouTube videos of the game :cool:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Good deal. (Y)

I watched that video a few hours ago when he posted it on the official Facebook page. I was a little surprised and disappointed that the beta is as far behind in certain areas as it is, I could see that perhaps turning a few people off pledging, but at the same time this does seem like it could work out a lot better for the game in terms of beta testing, development and raising the funds. I like the idea of getting the free updates/DLC for pledging, so hopefully people will take to it. I reckon I'll still be pledging, eager for more details.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 am

phpBB [video]

soon, soon

Code: Select all
box controller
standing tap A weak strike tap B strong medium hold A+B strong strike tab B weak grapple attempt hold B strong grapple attempt

Y run towards opponent
Y+direction run towards ropes/turnbuckle

Y+towards turnbuckle: climb turnbuckle
Y+Towards ropes: enter/exit ring

X pick/drop weapon
X Pin

Click Left analogue: taunt

When in grapple state
LB change grapple position
RB break grapple
Y(in grapple) irish whip

in weak front grapple tap A weak grapple move 1 tap B weak grapple move 2 hold A weak grapple move 3 hold B weak grapple move 4

in weak back grapple A weak grapple move 1 B weak grapple move 2 A+B weak grapple move 3

in strong front grapple tap A strong grapple move 1 tap B strong grapple move 2 hold A strong grapple move 3 hold B strong grapple move 4 A+B Special Move

in strong back grapple A strong grapple move 1 B strong grapple move 2 A+B Special move

Turnbuckle front grapple tap A grapple move 1 tap B grapple move 2 hold A grapple move 3 hold B grapple move 4 A+B grapple move 5

Turnbuckle back grapple A grapple move 1 B grapple move 2

when in doubt
a=strike
b=grapple
tap=weak
hold=strong

KEY LEGEND
xbox/keyboard
A/A
B/S
Y/W
X/X

LB/R
RB/E
Click Left analogue/ space bar
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 am

Certainly very No Mercy-like. Nice. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:03 am

Uprising is now available!

http://uprising.prowrestlingx.com/

just did the $50 tier, for the CAW

no support for any resolution, and it stretches on widescreen. Figuring out some stuff asap before I decide to video or move on, lol.

Definitely a game here though,
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 am

Nice (Y). Although I don't have any interest(yet) in the game, I wish the game to be successful.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Re: Pro Wrestling X: Uprising Released!

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 am

Launch Video
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 am

and My Video
phpBB [video]

if you want the ring texture from the preview image, put this png file in your PlayerTextures folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 am

Just went for the $50 package myself...well, discounted to $45, which worked out to be $44.25 AUS with the current exchange rate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 am

Realised that I didn't offer any thoughts before, so here goes.

It's definitely primitive and a lot needs to be done in terms of those free updates, but the framework for the game is definitely there, and then some. It's v0.1 and very much a beta, but it seems like they are going to achieve an enjoyable No Mercy-like experience. Looking forward to the updates.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 am

Leftos and I are looking at the file formats
http://www.twitch.tv/jaosming
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext