::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Trimester + NLSCe

Postby The X on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Yep, that's why I always have the two saves. I never trust that nasty auto-save.

Anyways, some picks.

All-Stars are Jennings, Lopez & Smith. All Eastern Conference.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 am

You could switch autosave off in 2k9... That is why I forgot to save. Damn 2K going backwards!!!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Damn man that really sucks, I'll go with option 2, no point restarting everything again :wink:

Kyrie Irving
DeMarcus Cousins
Brook Lopez
Josh Smith
Monta Ellis
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Indiana Pacers Chase Pistons Veteran Prince
14 January 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Image Image

The Indiana Pacers have offered Terrence Williams to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for veteran small forward Tayshaun Prince. The Pacers have asked that the teams also swap first round draft picks for the 2013 NBA Draft.

Sources have indicated that the Pistons may be looking to the trade market to improve their team. The Pacers are currently trying to bring some more experience and leadership to their side. It is unclear whether the Pistons are willing to part with Prince who has played for the club during his entire NBA career.

Both parties could not be contacted for comment.

Pistons Make It Three On The Trot
23 January 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Image Image

The Chicago Bulls must be pretty annoyed about losing to fellow Central Division team; the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons (18-24) must be really happy about themselves after they notched their third win in a row behind a 20 point, 11 rebound effort from Greg Monroe. Corey Maggette scored 19 points while Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight had 18 apiece.

Rip Hamilton tried his best against his former team as he collected 23 points on 8 for 17 shooting. Derrick Rose was solid with 22 points, 7 rebounds and 9 assists. The Bulls did not threaten the Pistons at all during the 118-104 drubbing on their home court.

The Pistons were coming off wins against Boston and Orlando before arriving in Chicago to take on the Bulls. “It’s another high point in an up and down season,” Coach Lawrence Frank stated.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: News! Valor mad??

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:50 am

You should pick up Indiana's proposal of Williams. He's younger than Prince since he's 25, he's more athletic and he can hit those jumpshots too. The downsides are Prince's experience in the league and your 2013 Draft pick which is pretty valuable from where your team stands now.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

Valor will be for sure mad. don#t take Williams, he's a real pain character-wise. Prince is the exact opposite + gives your team some Pistons identity. He's also the better defender.

I'd rather try to get rid of Maggette or Villanueva as they are good trade chips.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Martti. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 am

T-Will is crazy over-rated in 2K, I'd take it, especially if he's an expiring. Though I'd try to get the picks out of the deal.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Eh...thanks for the shoutout? You should stop playing on rookie though :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Like A Boss on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm

John Wall, Josh Smith, Brook Lopez, Monta Ellis & Kyrie made it I guess?
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby newc on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm guessing these guys made the all-stars:

Brendon Jennings
John Wall
Brook Lopez
Al Jefferson
Monta Ellis
newc

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 am

Not long now till the asw participants are announced. Keep the guesses coming in and a chance to join the dynasty story!
Fresh8

Postby Woogie98 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 am

Yes:
Jennings
Irving
Ellis
Cousins
Smith

No:
Evans
Lopez
Wall
Jefferson
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby megarover on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 am

These 4 all made it
Jennings
Wall
Jefferson
Smith
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

CHAPTER 5

Greg Oden was the first to get injured in the new year. Oden even joked about it as he was taken off in a wheelchair.
“At least I got a rebound!” Oden was strangely jovial , “I didn’t play for two years in Portland. At least I got a rebound before I got hurt for Detroit.”
Bobby didn’t understand the joke but just laughed along. He accompanied Oden to hospital and reported back to Dumars afterwards.
“Bad news,” Bobby said over the phone, “He’s out for a month. Broken toe.”
“Not to worry. The other Greg is back soon,” Dumars quipped.
Monroe came back indeed and so did the team’s winning ways. Detroit improved slowly over January thanks to their best big man being back on the basketball court. Lawrence Frank was waiting patiently so that he could test out a little dream of his since the team signed Oden – to start both Greg’s at the same time.

Bobby and Dumars had a meeting scheduled with Mr Groves the Pistons owner. Groves had asked that they present to him the direction of the club, the progress that had been made, and the plan from here. Bobby and Dumars had to confirm with certain players about their plans. The first was Corey Maggette.
“So we just want to know about how you’re going?” Bobby first asked Maggette.
“Everything is going fine,” Maggette replied – there really wasn’t anything else that he could say.
“Do you have any thoughts on what you will do at the end of the season with your contract expiring?” Dumars asked him quite frankly.
Maggette answered, “I will be testing the market. I want to see what else is out there. I want to play for a contender.”
“That’s fair enough,” Dumars conceded.
In actual fact, the Pistons had no intention in chasing after Maggette after this season. He was seen by many as a distraction and was only on the books to give the team salary cap relief. The next player was Charlie Villanueva whom Bobby headed straight to the point with.
“Charlie,” Bobby informed him, “I am very sorry but we will not be likely to resign you at the end of the season. We thought it would be best to tell you now so that you will be ready for this. I’m afraid we just have not worked out. If you do prove to us that you can be a valuable piece then we will reconsider our position but at this stage, we are looking to move in a different direction.”
Giving Villanueva the harsh news was tough for Bobby as Dumars sat next to him and stared blankly ahead. Dumars was the one who foolishly overpaid Villanueva many years prior. He was relieved that he could have Bobby to act as the mouthpiece in this situation.
Austin Daye came into to the office next and stated, “I want to see what else is out there for me at the end of the season.”
Bobby took note of that and crossed Daye off his list. He didn’t think he was worth keeping anyway. The phone and Dumars’ secretary said that it was Larry Bird. Dumars took the call.
“I don’t know how many times I need to tell you Larry,” Dumars shouted, “We don’t want Terrence Williams!”
Larry was pushing the issue, “Come on Joe. He’s younger, more athletic. He’s a good player.”
Dumars laughed, “I’m not taking that bullshit. He’s an idiot. We don’t want trouble makers here in Detroit.”
After Dumars had hung up, long-time Piston Jason Maxiell came into the office. It was his lucky day.
“We want you to stay. It’s all about how much and how long,” explained Dumars.
“I’m happy to stay,” Maxiell exclaimed, “Actually, I want to stay in Detroit.”
“That’s good,” Dumars nodded, “We would be pleased if you could play your whole career here. There are a lot of guys here who respect you a lot.”
“Talk to my agent about the specifics but I just want you to know that I really want to stay here,” reiterated Maxiell, “And I want to win so I am willing to take a pay cut.”
Dumars and Bobby both smiled about how selfless Maxiell was. Maxiell was signed to a new contract days later and he was due to make half of what he was currently making. The Pistons were quite pleased that he was willing to resign for less.

Mr Groves came into the Pistons training facility to see how the team was going. He was happy with the progress of the squad but wanted to know about what to expect. Dumars was prepared to tell him all about it while Bobby had a proposal to him. Groves met with both of them in one of the conference rooms.
“What do you have for me Joe?” Groves asked him.
Dumars started talking, “We’ve decided that we need to get our old identity back, which is defence. We can be a strong defensive team and all we need is a bigger and stronger squad. The offence will come after we bring in more defensive minded players. We need to stay young and athletic. We have a lot of pieces and we’ve decided on two ways to achieve our goal.”
Groves was listening intently as Dumars continued, “Firstly, we can try to trade for talent. Secondly, we can rebuild through the draft and free agency.”
Groves butted in, “Which method will you focus on? Can’t you do both?”
Dumars replied, “Yes, we could do both but we need to focus more on one. So we have decided that we are going to try and trade for talent. We have one guy that we are focussing on and we wish to enquire about him soon.”
Groves nodded, “Interesting.”
Dumars stated, “We are confident that within a few years, we can be contending. We have a lot of young talent and if we keep some of them around and hopefully bring in an All-Star calibre player then we will be a tough team to beat.”
“Look – I am sure you guys have a good plan but I want to see these guys in the playoffs again this season and if not, next season,” Groves demanded, “And I just want to say I am not happy with the Greg Oden signing. No one wanted him except for us.”
Dumars defended Oden, “Just give him some time. He’s doing fine.”
Groves conceded, “Well, I wouldn’t know better but from my point of view, he hasn’t been anything special.”
Dumars shrugged and carried on, “We need a superstar to survive in this league. This is the direction we are going. We don’t think that we can attract anyone substantial through free agency but maybe with the new CBA, we might be able to. I would definitely offer money to the right player.”
Groves nodded, “You need to do what you can to make this roster a winner. I am tired of our performance over the last few years. If you don’t mind me asking, which players do you see likely to lead us in the future?”
Dumars was quick to answer that one, “Three. Stuckey, Knight, Monroe.”
“Very well,” Groves nodded again.
Bobby then took over, “Sir, my name is Bobby Jones.”
Groves had heard a little bit about Bobby already, “Yes, it’s good to have you on board. How’s life over here? I heard it’s your first visit.”
Bobby answered, “It’s going fine sir.”
Bobby then pitched an idea to Groves that had him thinking. Bobby wanted the team to be even more interactive with the fans. He wanted Groves to allow seats that could not be sold to be allocated to the poor.
“And what’s in it for me?” Groves asked Bobby.
Bobby replied, “I think that as a franchise that is recognised nationally, it is our duty to help the people of this city where possible. I think that our business vision should include helping the disadvantaged. Not only do we help our city and lift the spirits of those in need but we will also be recognised for it in the media. This is good publicity for us and something that could repair our image.”
Groves thought about it for a bit. The Pistons had never really had great public relations and especially since the Malice at the Place, which was so long ago. Groves had heard people refer to his franchise in all different terms. Perhaps Bobby had a point and as Bobby said, he would be allowing his ownership to play a helping hand in the lives of many people in Detroit.
“I think it’s a great idea,” Groves acknowledged Bobby, “The two of you should get me a proposal of what you want to do so that I can sign it off.”
Dumars high fived Bobby after Groves left.
“I respect that you are trying to give back to our fans,” Dumars admitted, “You are a good man.”
Now it was time to crunch the numbers to make sure the idea was sustainable.

Oden was not the only player out of action by the end of January. Rudy and Tayshaun were both hurt by the middle of the month. Despite this, the play of Monroe, Knight and Stuckey kept the Pistons going. They even had a four game winning streak towards the end of the month. Maggette was somehow playing a decent stretch of basketball. Changes were coming though as Dumars and Bobby stepped up their efforts in pursuing their targeted player.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Chapter 5

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Good chapter. I like Bobby's social side - get the people back in the Palace so you have some crowd to cheer for the new bad boys in the 2014 playoffs.

Apart from that, I understand all of your signings/not-signings. Bad to see Daye never living up to his expectations though. Maxiell's the perfect bench player. I'm interested in which All-Star calibre player you think could help you right now and is available on the market.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 am

Tough luck with the injuries, but the Maxiell extension is very reasonable and ultimately it should be good for you long-term. Good work, Bobby. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 pm

hova- wrote:Good chapter. I like Bobby's social side - get the people back in the Palace so you have some crowd to cheer for the new bad boys in the 2014 playoffs.

Apart from that, I understand all of your signings/not-signings. Bad to see Daye never living up to his expectations though. Maxiell's the perfect bench player. I'm interested in which All-Star calibre player you think could help you right now and is available on the market.

Thanks man. Trying to show what kind of man Bobby Jones is. He is one of the main characters after all.

Lamrock wrote:Tough luck with the injuries, but the Maxiell extension is very reasonable and ultimately it should be good for you long-term. Good work, Bobby. (Y)

Yes - Maxiell's contract is a fair one for both parties.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 am

In my (biased) opinion, the Pistons doesn't have anybody that can be traded for stars even if they pair 100 mill with it :P :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 am

Even with the injuries, you still had a 4-game winning stretch which is pretty good. How much is Maxiell's contract, anyway?
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Khanwarrior on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Brendon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
DeMarcus Cousins
Josh Smith
5 all-stars and I am exited to know wich player you are targeting, Gerrald Wallace? :?
Khanwarrior

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

mrmoves20 wrote:Even with the injuries, you still had a 4-game winning stretch which is pretty good. How much is Maxiell's contract, anyway?

Update coming soon about that.

Khanwarrior wrote:5 all-stars and I am exited to know wich player you are targeting, Gerrald Wallace? :?

Definitely not Wallace as he just signed with the Nets.

Valor wrote:In my (biased) opinion, the Pistons doesn't have anybody that can be traded for stars even if they pair 100 mill with it :P :lol:

Thanks. :)

Also - I went bowling last night and hurt my knee. It is really really sore. Now I know how Bynum feels...
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Sit wrote:Also - I went bowling last night and hurt my knee. It is really really sore. Now I know how Bynum feels...

I thought you were trolling me with the text LOL...but damn you got some weak Bynum knees too :shock: How do you injure your knee bowling....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: Sit went bowling...

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Also - I went bowling last night and hurt my knee. It is really really sore. Now I know how Bynum feels...

I thought you were trolling me with the text LOL...but damn you got some weak Bynum knees too :shock: How do you injure your knee bowling....

Well.... I am not sure if this is how Bynum did it but.....

I was doing a lot of stupid shit... behind the back, between the legs and backwards bowling. And then I was jumping over anything that was anything off the ground (eg. tables and the thing where the bowling balls come back up) to celebrate whenever I hit pins. :lol:

I banged my knee a few times. Oh boy how I regret it. Can't even bend down and couldn't sleep last night haha
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

Sit wrote:I was doing a lot of stupid shit... behind the back, between the legs and backwards bowling. And then I was jumping over anything that was anything off the ground (eg. tables and the thing where the bowling balls come back up) to celebrate whenever I hit pins. :lol:

I banged my knee a few times. Oh boy how I regret it. Can't even bend down and couldn't sleep last night haha

Eh...that's not bowling, that's trying to get yourself injured :lol: :facepalm2: Geez, ice it and stuff n if its still sore go see a doctor lol
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 am

Like a Bynum! :lol: :applaud:
Khanwarrior

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood