(21-15) The Big Easy | TRIVA QUESTION (need more answers)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

(21-15) The Big Easy | TRIVA QUESTION (need more answers)

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Platform: XBox 360
Season Length: 82 Games
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Roster: Default
Sliders: Custom
Team: New Orleans Hornets

Last edited by mrmoves20 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am, edited 39 times in total.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Re: Who Said That Youth Can't Compete? (2K13 Association)

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 am

*****PROLOGUE*****

Image Image Image Image

Four teams. Four teams with young stars, four teams that are rising. Four teams have the 22-year old, half-Canadian, half-Filipino Ray Nambayan on their radar as their potential General Manager. The NBA have decided to not take control over the Hornets and look for someone else and their top candidate is the 22-year old. The three other teams; Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings are also interested in him, although they are only willing to give him the Assistant GM Position and let him earn experience in managing teams and if they see he's ready, he'll offer him a higher position.
He will start talking to the four teams and make his decision by at least Friday afternoon. But for now, he will stay in Miami for the night and start talking to teams tomorrow, early in the morning Friday.

"So we are here, eh? Miami, Florida... I'd love to stay here. Nice, cozy weather." said the 22-year old to his bodyguard as they were picked up their limousine. "It definitely is, sir." replied the bodyguard. Ray then opened the car and there he saw our very own NBA Commissioner, David Stern. "Good evening, Mr. Nance. Is it Mr. Nance?" he then proceeded to shake hands with him. "Good evening, Mr. Stern. It's Mr. Nambayan, not Nance." "Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Nambayan. My bad. Anyways, let's go the hotel of your choice and we can talk business there" "Alright, then let's go to Ritz Carlton hotel."

A few minutes later, they have arrived to Ritz Carlton and they had dinner together with the Deputy Commissioner, Adam Silver.

"It's very pleasant to meet you, Mr. Nambayan. As you can see, we are looking for a new GM in New Orleans and we are looking at you as our top candidate. And you do realize, being a GM is a tough job so our question is, can handle this job we are offering you?" Stern asked Nambayan.

"I am very grateful to be your top candidate for the job and I can sure see you need a new GM for the Hornets. And, yes, to answer your question. Yes, I can handle the job. It is a big task, yes, but I wanted to be in the NBA Family for a long time already. I failed to accomplish my dreams to be a player, and this is a way to enter your family," he said, "if I am to be honest with you, I am certainly determined to take control of the Hornets. Especially with Anthony and Eric looking to lead this team."

"I can see your desire and determination, which really is awesome. We would definitely love to hire you. Would you like to accept our job offering and sign as early as tomorrow?" David Stern suggested joyfully.

"I'd love to! But, you see, there are three other teams that likes me to be a part of their organization and they are still going to interview me tomorrow. Although I really like being the GM and not the assistant, I'd still try to hear what they have to say about the job they are offering me. But I will contact you as soon as I've made my decision to accept your offer."

"Okay, I understand. And I hope you take our very generous offer and wish you good luck." Stern replied hopefully.

"Alright, good talk, Mr. Stern and Mr. Silver. And, uh, see you later."
mrmoves20

Re: The BROW and the Stingy Hornets!!! (2K13 Association)

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

I vote Hornets man.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: The BROW and the Sting Hornets!!! (2K13 Association)

Postby mrmoves20 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 am

Stern, Nambayan, agree to terms in General Managing position
Image Image

New Orleans, Louisiana --- The New Orleans Hornets will have a new leader leading them, and it's not Dell Demps anymore but the 22-year old millionare from Canada, Ray Nambayan. Three other teams have eyed Ray, but Ray said they weren't as enticing team as the Hornets. The organization and Ray agreed to a 3-year contract, worth $2.1M. Sources say he (Ray) was close to signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, he heard everything he wanted to, he was very enticed with the organization and he is friends personally with their star point guard, Kyrie Irving.

Here are some quotes from the introductory press.
"I signed with the Hornets because...hehe, because of The Almighty Brow! Just kidding, I signed with them because I wanted to, I wanted to become a part of this young, great team. I mean, you got two future stars of the league in Davis and Gordon plus a solid forward in Aminu, you can't ask for anything more than that. Well, I guess other than handling a super team like the Heat or the Lakers but I'm not really in to it." Nambayan said when asked why he decided to be with the Hornets.

" I thank Mr. Demps for his outstanding effort and dedication to this team and I wish him the best for the future. But that is already the past and I want to welcome the newest member of the Hornets Organization, Mr. Nambayan." NBA Commissioner David Stern says, "We, not only me, including Adam (Silver) and the rest of Hornets crew see tons and tons of potential with this young guy. And that was the major contribution we saw on him for this job. We will guide him and support him in every decision he makes and I hope our fans do too."

But before the conference ended, our new GM has a very important promise and note to all the fans; "To all you guys, Hornets fans. I promise you this: We are going to make the playoffs this year, I'm telling you that. You guys were itching to make the playoffs again, well, here it is. I'm going to make this team BETTER.
mrmoves20

Postby mrmoves20 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Sit wrote:I vote Hornets man.

Thanks man, I already started the Association and hope you like my first move. Hope you keep following. :)
mrmoves20

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 pm

mrmoves20 wrote:
Sit wrote:I vote Hornets man.

Thanks man, I already started the Association and hope you like my first move. Hope you keep following. :)

I would give you 2 seasons before you make the playoffs. :) Anthony Davis is a franchise cornerstone though. He is a gun. Let's see what you can do with these guys!
Fresh8

Postby mrmoves20 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 am

--------CHAPTER ONE--------

"Okay now. Jonny, we are offering you a three-year deal worth $16M, with the fourth year your option." Nambayan was talking to Flynn negotiating the contract. Flynn sighed, his eyes gone wide and sighed again. "Man, you sure ya ain't gonna waive me? I'd love to accept the offer, but...."he paused. "But?" Nambayan replied, cocking one eyebrow, his tone was kind of excited. "Oh, well. Just, just don't mind about that, okay? I'll accept if you do me a favor, instead of offering just $5.10M annually, why don't increase it by a little. Whad'ya think?" Flynn suggested, biting his lip. "Alright, How about $5.20 M, take it or leave it, dude." Nambayan answered back. Flynn stood up, he seemed satisfied, "Yeah, only 10K?" he chuckled, then he reached his arm out, asking for shaking hands.

"Yeah, only 10K." Nambayan shook hands with and they said at the same time, "This is a done deal" and both laughed.
"Welcome to New Orleans my man. You would totally be a great fit for the team. Just be a 'Run N' Gun' team alright?"
"Sure"
Flynn left the office with the contract in his hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 HOURS LATER

"Miss Secretary, please call Coach Williams and tell him to come to the office. Thank you." Nambayan ordered.
Few Moments Later

"You were asking for me, Mr. Nambayan?" Coach Williams asked.
"Yes, Coach. Take a seat please."
"I like what you did. I mean, the Flynn signing. He is gonna be a big part of this team, a future star point guard indeed."
"Thank you very much. I actually signed him because I knew he was a great fit for us. And the reason I called you up here is I'd like you to make this team play fast. Run N' Gun team."
"Yeah, that was exactly what I had in mind. I could use Flynn run PnR with Davis and PnP with Anderson. But before all those passing stuff, I need to improve his passing skills, and I'm gonna need some help."
"And what kind of help is that?"
"I need a good passing PG."
"Well, you have Vasquez, he can easily give 6-8 assists a night. I suggest you put him on the floor the same time as Jonny, and make him run those picks for the first lateral parts of the game. And practice both of them too."
"Yeah, well, pretty good. But I'd like you to make a run for this player: Raymond Felton."
"Okay, just let's see how the offense work out for the first few games. But still, I'll try to make some proposals to the Knicks."
"Okay, thank you for granting my request and I'll do my best for this team."
"Yeah, sure, you are very much welcome and I'll do the same here."
mrmoves20

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 am

With the way Felton is playing in real life, I'm sure he will make a great impact here. Not sure about Flynn. :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: The BROW and the Stingy Hornets!!! (Hornets sign Flynn)

Postby mrmoves20 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 am

Duncan, Spurs dominate Hornets in opener

New Orleans --- Louisiana

Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs looked young and fresh on their first season win against the young, less-experienced Hornets, 125-114. Duncan, the Spurs' top performer didn't look 35 but instead played like he was 25 after scoring a game-high 34 points and grabbing a tremendous 19 boards, including 12 offensive boards in those. Duncan lead the Spurs to dominate the Hornets in their rebounding as they out-rebounded them by 14, 66-52. And on the offensive glass, they won the battle 25-10. For most NBA Analysts, they said that this was the major factor of their win as it allowed them to score many more second chance points. Ginobili and Parker played like their usual selves. Ginobili had 24 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists and Parker had 20 points and 13 dimes.

For the Hornets, their first official game on their new GM, tried to make a late-game comeback as they trimmed the lead to at least seven points early in the 4th. Star rookie Anthony "The Brow" Davis had 17 points, 14 rebounds and 2 assists. Eric Gordon looked to lead them back but choked in the last 4 minutes of the game, he had 29 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Flynn, the newest member of the team had 18 points and 6 assists. Also, Celtics coach Doc Rivers' son, Austin Rivers had 11 points in his NBA Debut.

Spurs 27 31 40 27 | 125
Hornets 21 30 29 34 | 114

Top Performers

Spurs
Duncan 34 pts, 19 reb, 2 stl
Ginobili 24 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast
Parker 20 pts 13 ast

Hornets
Gordon 29 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast
Flynn 18 pts, 4 reb, 6 ast
Davis 17 pts, 14 reb, 2 ast

*OFF REB
Spurs 25 > 10 Hornets
*REB
Spurs 66 > 52 Hornets
mrmoves20

Re: (0-1)*Hornets Association* Duncan, Spurs dominate Hornet

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 am

Wow. Vintage Duncan.
Fresh8

Re: (1-2)*Hornets Association* Davis' heroics

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:23 am

Chapter 2

"And the Hornets, now, have lost two straight games, Ending their homestand winning nothing but losing two to San Antonio and Utah. A very devastating 35-point loss today, folks. The team will now head to Chicago and face D-Rose and the Bulls tomorrow night." said the commentator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Hornets squad were changing in the locker room, their GM walks in. Who looks very obvious, that he isn't satisfied and happy about the team's performance. "I know, I know now. You are gonna sermon us about the loss." Gordon guessed. "Yeah, you are right, Eric. But not just about this loss, though. Our two losses." Nambayan replied.
The room was silent, no one wanted to speak but Ray.
"Alright, as you can see, I'm not satisfied the past couple games. I want you to strive HARDER. I want you to crash the boards HARDER. I want you to play HARDER. You hear me? I might sound like a coach, but I'm just sharing you guys what I know. To be able to win, you got to trust your teammates and work with them." Then right across the room, Davis was snarling, breathing hard, and clenching his fist. Then, he suddenly stood up, still snarling with his fists clenched.
"This has to stop. Guys, we have to stop this tomorrow night. Let us play hard out there and get that W. Coach Monty, I will be the player guys have expected me to be. I will be the leader guys wanted me to be. I will prove that tomorrow night, and not just tomorrow, but for the rest of my long career."
Coach Williams, trying to hide his smile said; "I admire your determination and passion for the game, Anthony, I really do. And I hope all you said will be done tomorrow. But I not only expect you to step up. I expect every single player in this room to give their best tomorrow and try and beat Chicago, 'aight?" Coach raised his right hand clenching his fists and all huddled up and all said: "We can do this, we are a team. ONE, TWO, THREE... HORNETS!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameday in Chicago

"And the timeout called by the Bulls. It's amazing for this Hornets squad coming back after trailing by 13, almost the whole game now leads by 2 with a minute and a half remain in the game . What do you think is the key factor for their comeback, Steve?" asked Harlan.
'What I think the key factor was Anthony Davis, plus the Hornets' effort on boxing out the Bulls and their rebounding too. See, Davis really stepped up on both end of the floor. He now has 28 points and 12 boards plus he's defended Boozer well here in the second half. Remember, Boozer scored 12 points on 5-6 shooting in the first half and here in the second, he scored 8 points on 2-7 shooting."

(Anthony Davis' Perspective)

Okay, so there is only a minute and a half left in the game. I gotta continue this good game I have if I wanna win.
"Keep fighting for the board!" Coach said, that will stay in my mind, I know. I know because I already did that and I will continue. Now to lead this team... We're now back in the game. It's the Bulls' ball so we gotta play D. Rose gets the rock and Noah sets a pick for him. I cover the paint as he crosses over Flynn, Derrick was way too fast and aggressive. He shot a floater and he misses in and out! But I heard a whistle, the ref was signaling a foul... on ME. It's my 5th already so I gotta be careful. Well, at least he missed both free throws, 108-106.

Half a minute left and Flynn passes the ball to me in the post. I'm not that good in the post, but I'll try even if Joakim is defending me. I back down to the basket, pushing real hard until I can't. 15 seconds left, gosh, time's fast! I try for a shot when I see Eric cutting to the rim so I feed him the rock. He faked, and shot the ball, it hit the back iron, I was suspended in suspense, fortunately the ball hit the bottom of the net to give us a nice, four point lead. After the shot, Chicago called their last timeout.

Back to the game, I was guarding Joakim as usual. He set a baseline pick, for Hamilton. I shouted, "Watch Rip! Watch Rip!' Good thing was, Eric did and so did Aminu. They doubled him as I was covering the paint, 10 seconds. Rip drove to the basket, I almost fouled him, good thing was Ryan fouled him instead of me or else I was out. Rip will now shoot free throws, hoping he misses both. And what do you know, he did miss both. I grabbed the board for my 14th rebound and I threw the pass to Flynn back to our court, we just played passes to milk the clock. Chicago couldn't foul, we were too fast, so we won. My first win in the NBA feels real good. After the game, Coach loved our play, he told me, "You keep playing like that, we win more games. And you'd be a better player and we'd be a better team." It felt real good, man, real good.

Last edited by mrmoves20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmoves20

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 am

Blank
Last edited by mrmoves20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmoves20

Postby Woogie98 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Good read. following (Y)
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Woogie98 wrote:Good read. following (Y)

Thanks a lot man, hope you like it. :)
mrmoves20

Re: (2-2)*Hornets Association* Holy!!! Holiday Poster!!

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hornets notches second straight win, first one at home

New Orleans, Louisiana --- The Sixers are having the start they were expecting for the season winning 2 of their first three but comes up just short to win against the Hornets, and it wasn't just Philly coming up short as Holiday was just too late to step out of the way for Davis' monstrous slam late in the nail-biting 4th period.
"It was embarrassing, really. I was too late to move out of the way and now I will be included in a highlight film and possibly on the Dunk of the Year video. It was a great dunk, though." Holiday said after being asked what he thought of Davis' dunk.
"I really didn't expect to see it coming. I just received the ball and I was on the break, and I had to score and when I was to throw it down, I just felt him (Holiday) in front of me while I'm up in the air." Davis said during the press conference.

And now, to recap the game. The game was real close the entire night, only the Hornets was to build a double digit margin of 11 points late in the 3rd and up to early in the final period. The Sixers kept fighting back until they managed to trim the lead to just a point, 108-107 with at least two minutes remain in the 4th. The Hornets kept their cool and didn't get pressured despite the anxious crowd and their collapse. Eric Gordon once again steps up in the clutch to help his team hold their lead as they win 114-110.

This one was a heart-breaker for the Sixers and a great win on the other hand, for the Hornets. Anthony Davis, the rookie, was held to only 19 minutes due to foul trouble, but he was still able to produce 21 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks and managed to hold Bynum to just 4 rebounds the whole game.
"I was feeling hyped today, I don't know why, ever since last game, I feel like I'm on fire. Probably because my rookie jitters are gone. Next game I might drop 50 on the Bobcats." he tried to amuse the press and they all laughed.

Eric Gordon had 29 points, 9 rebounds and 2 assists, Flynn, had his best Hornet game so far scoring 11 and dishing 13 dimes. And for the Sixers, new-comer Terrence Williams scored 20 points, grabbed 10 boards and had 5 assists. Thaddeus Young had 19 points and 6 rebounds, and the former Laker Andrew Bynum had 14 points and only had 4 rebounds.

During the press conference, Coach Monty had something to tell the fans and the league; "We are winning right now and we are going to roll. We are on a roll right now and this will continue. Jonny, he has a potential to be a great facilitator and right now, he's my Rondo. Davis is my defensive anchor, he's my Garnett and Gordon is our main scoring option, he's our Pierce."

Box Score

76ers 27 29 23 31 | 110
Hornets 28 29 31 26 | 114

Sixers Top Performers
T. Williams 20 pts 10 reb 5 ast
T. Young 19 pts 6 reb 2 stl 2 blk
A. Bynum 14 pts 4 reb

Hornets Top Performers
E. Gordon 29 pts 9 reb 2 ast
A. Davis 21 pts 7 reb 3 blk 19 min
J. Flynn 11 pts 13 ast
R. Lopez 10 pts 1 reb
mrmoves20

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Three NBA Superstars hurt

New Orleans, Louisiana --- In other news, 3 NBA Superstars go down with unfortunate injuries. G Dwyane Wade and F/C Chris Bosh are both injured for the Miami Heat. D-Wade is out for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks due to a Torn Meniscus. And his teammate, F/C Chris Bosh, is hurt due to a Sore Knee and is listed as day-to-day. This leaves LeBron carrying the load for the team with Ray Allen, the only All-Star to help him win for this team. The loss of Wade and Bosh will impact this team deeply early in the young season.

Out West, LA Clippers Star PG Chris Paul is also sidelined due to a strained abdomen for approximately 1-2 weeks. This one, is a problem for the Clippers although not really a big one since they have Billups to play the point and Crawford at the 2. The only downside of this lineup is the lack of scoring coming off the bench.

Let us hope for their speedy recovery in turn to help their respective teams.
mrmoves20

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 am

NLSC Draftees

Anyone interested being part of the story and participate in the next year's 2013 NBA Draft? Then just PM me of the following information in the box below. Just be sure to be detailed on yourself like how you'd like to appear, strengths and weaknesses and stuff like that. Remember, the more you reply and post on my story, the higher the chance of you getting drafted in the lottery, top 10 or first overall and by the start of the Playoffs (my Association time) I will count the number of posts you've made. Good luck! :)

NOTE: First come, first serve thingy...
Only 10 NLSCers per year

Code: Select all
NLSC Draftees Application

NAME:
COLLEGE/FROM:
BIRTHDAY:
4 PLAY STYLES:
DOMINANT HAND:
HEIGHT:
WEIGHT:
SKIN TONE: (1 IS DARKEST AND 6 IS LIGHTEST)
ACCESSORIES: (IF ANY)
TATTOOS:
5 STRENGTHS:
5 WEAKNESSES:
JERSEY NUMBER:
TENDENCIES:
SIGNATURE SKILLS: (MAXIMUM OF 2 SKILLS FOR THE HIGHEST PROJECTED DRAFTEE)
mrmoves20

Re: (3-2)*Hornets Association* Unibrow's Career Night

Postby mrmoves20 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am

Davis' Career Night leads Hornets past lowly Bobcats

In just five short games, five early games in Davis' young career he had his best and biggest game. He wasn't kidding when he said he probably was gonna drop 50 this game, PROBABLY. Well, he actually dropped 51 against the lowly Bobcats, slumping in to four straight losses in to the season. Biyombo, Diop, Thomas and Haywood couldn't defend the paint, as that was where Davis kept on attacking during the game.

"He was close to unstoppable. I couldn't defend him and neither of my other teammates. You'd think he'd post up, but actually he's gonna drive to your weak side. He's got a quick first step." Haywood, the Bobcats' starting center said, " He is definitely the next BIG thing in the league." The last rookie to ever score at least 50 points was Milwaukee Bucks star PG Brandon Jennings, posting 55 against the Warriors seven games in to the season during the 2009-10 season.

Anthony Davis notched his career-high 51 points on 21-27 shooting and grabbing 12 boards. Another spectacular performance from today's game was from star shooting guard, Eric Gordon putting up a triple-double performance, his first of his career, with 16 points, with 10 rebounds and 10 assists each. For the 'Cats, their backcourt gave all they have to keep the team in the game, which just didn't happen. Kemba Walker lead all Bobcats scorers with 19 and Sessions and Henderson contributed 17 and 16 points.

"I was locked in and ready these past three games and I hope my performance continues the rest of the season, and continue until the playoffs if we ever make it. But so far, we are lookin' good." Davis said, "I actually couldn't believe I had 51 by the end of the game. I thought I had like 35 or 40 then I saw up on the big board I had 50. Thank Eric and Jonny who kept giving me fine looks down the paint."

Bobcats 28 21 25 17 | 91
Hornets 23 36 24 30 | 113

Bobcats
Walker 19 pts 8 reb 11 ast 4 stl
Sessions 17 pts 5 reb 10 ast
Henderson 16 pts 5 reb

Hornets
Davis 51 pts 12 reb 21-27 FG
Gordon 16 pts 10 reb 10 ast
Flynn 11 pts 3 reb 12 ast
mrmoves20

Re: (4-2)*Hornets Association* Anderson to Cavs?

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am

RUMOR: Cavaliers and Hornets looking to swap Forwards

ImageImage

Rumors started to surface the basketball world about the Hornets and Cavaliers discussing a potential trade that would send forward Ryan Anderson and possibly Austin Rivers or Greivis Vasquez and a 2nd round pick for 2011 Draft 4th pick Tristan Thompson and forward CJ Miles. This would give the Hornets more cap flexibility for future free agencies and a potential star forward in Thompson. Also, this would help the Hornets run much faster, as they prefer a Run 'N Gun team. This trade would benefit the Cavaliers, too as Kyrie Irving would be able to work well with Pick 'n Pops with Anderson. The transaction, however, is not yet confirmed but it has a high possibility that it will occur in the following days.

Just as the rumor started surfacing, Yahoo! Sports asked Hornets GM, Ray Nambayan about if this rumor is true. " I can't tell you right now, but if this will ever happen, it's because I'm just doing what suits this team the best. I just noticed that Ryan have been exhausted the past couple games due to our offense. And he is also, no offense to him, he's also a bit slow running with Jonny. That is all I can give you for now."

The Hornets next game will be against Kevin Durant and the Thunder.
mrmoves20

Re: (4-2)*Hornets Association* Anderson to Cavs? + Season Go

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Hornets' Season Goals released by Coach Monty and GM on Team Website

The season's goals for the Hornets have been released earlier on hornets.com by Coach Monty and their GM. The goals are listed below. ( They added realism to their goals so that it may be achieved in the season )

Eric Gordon play at least 65 games
    Make Eric Gordon an All-Star
    Finish the season with at least a total of 42 wins
    Make the Playoffs (8th seed or better)
    Anthony Davis earn All-Star appearance; win RoTY award
    Finish the season ranked at least 5th in rebounding, scoring, and opponent points
mrmoves20

Postby Martti. on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 am

Not sure Tristan Thompson is worth it, especially if you have to give up Vasquez or Rivers.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 am

Martti. wrote:Not sure Tristan Thompson is worth it, especially if you have to give up Vasquez or Rivers.

If I make the trade happen, it's more likely to be Vasquez since I don't use him much. But for now, I don't know.
mrmoves20

Re: (4-2)*Hornets Association* Anderson Traded to Cavs

Postby mrmoves20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 am

-----------CHAPTER 3-----------

It was late at night, and Nambayan was sitting in front of his desk putting his legs on the table. Waiting for him to fall asleep and also waiting for a call from Chris Grant, the Cavs' GM.
"Hmmm, it's been a long day," he said to himself, "I better go home and rest." He stood up, walking sideways as he was too drowsy to even walk straight, so he first went to the washroom and splashed water on his face to at least wake himself up before driving home. Just as he was about to leave his office, his phone rang, who would call me this late at night, he thought. So he walked back in to his desk to pick-up the phone.
"Hello?" Nambayan answered.
"Yes, Ray? You still in the office? It's me, Chris..." Grant, the Cavs GM said in reply.
He went on to sit down on his seat and started talking.
"So, uhh, what made you call this late at night, Mr. Grant?" Nambayan asked as he was covering his eyes in tiredness.
"Sorry if I had to call this late. I know it probably had been a very long day for you with all this hype from the media about stuff," Grant apologized, "See, about our discussion two-three days ago about the trade, I was wondering if WE could make it happen."
"The trade... the trade..." Nambayan said trying to remember, "Oh, yeah, the trade that would bring me Tristan Thompson and for you, Ryan Anderson in return. Yeah, we definitely could make it happen. So, what's your say?"
"I was thinking about it. I would send you Tristan and CJ Miles and in return, you gotta give me Ryan and Rivers." Grant proposed the trade, hoping that the proposal would work.
Nambayan stood up, sighed and sat down again.
"I won't give Austin up! I just won't as he'd be part of this team in a while. Could you please propose a deal that would actually work? How about I just send you Ryan, Roger Mason and this year's 2nd round pick for Miles and Tristan?" Nambayan counter-offered.
"Wait a minute, I'll think about it." Grant said, Nambayan waited for at least half a minute or so and Grant spoke again, "Hey, Ray, I'm back. Y'know what? It's a pretty fair deal, only if you aren't to send me crappy Mason." Grant said in disgust. "How about you replace Roger with Austin, then it's a deal." he then suggested.
"Like I said, I'm not trading Rivers! Understood?" Nambayan repeated himself once again.
"Understood. Don't trade him, no deal, no Thompson for you." Grant said with a little laugh in his voice.
Nambayan, hearing this, punched the desk beside him in frustration.
"Alright, then. I'll remove him from the deal. I guess I'll just find another deal for Mason then." he paused after this, thinking of a better deal. " I'll replace Rivers with Vasquez. You better take it, or leave it." Nambayan warned.
"Woah, chill out rookie. This is just the first trade of your career. Trading for someone is hard especially if the player you are trying to acquire is a talent. Anyway, I'll take this deal. But first, I gotta talk to coach and you better do to."
"Alright, I'll call you when I'm done." Nambayan then buried his face in his hands after.
SOMETIME LATER

Nambayan picked up the phone again and contacted Coach Monty. His hands were wet for no apparent reason.
Coach Monty picked up, pretty angry..
"Hello, Ray. What made you call in 3 in the morning?"
"Sorry, Coach for calling you this late or early, whatever. Anyway, I've agreed to trade Ryan, Greivis and a 2nd round pick for Tristan Thompson and CJ Miles. Now, I called you to ask for your approval of this trade. If you or Mr. Byron Scott doesn't approve, we will forfeit this deal."
"You're telling me you traded Ryan, Greivis and a 2nd round pick? I'm not totally in to this deal, I actually don't like it. If it's because of Ryan's ineffectiveness due to his speed and stamina on this offense. You could have come to me and at least asked to reduce his minutes or put him on the bench. But you're the GM and a deal's a deal. So go ahead and make this happen. I support you in everything you do."
"I'm sorry, Coach about not going to you first. And thank you, sorry again for bothering you at 3 AM."
"Alright, now go ahead and get some sleep, son. You need it."
"Thanks, uh, and I think you need more sleep for tonight's game against the Thunder."
4 AM

Nambayan fell asleep on his desk, drooling too. When the phone rang, he immediately put his head and said "Wha--- Where?!!!" Then he got his consciousness back and picked up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, there Ray. I just talked to Byron and he approved this trade, saying he really didn't care for acquiring Anderson, what he cared about is getting a decent backup for Kyrie. What about Monty?"
"He didn't like the deal, but he still approved. So yeah, by tomorrow both will be on their respective teams and this will be in the news by morning."
"Yeah, great deal! Thank you for your cooperation, Ray." Grant said in gratitude.
"Yeah, no problem."
mrmoves20

Re: (4-2)*Hornets Association* Chapter 3 Anderson Traded to

Postby mrmoves20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 am

Just had a 4OT game against the Thunder earlier, Durant was the game-high points, a career night actually. The challenge is guess how many points he scored, the person who guessed it right or at least close gets in the lottery in the Draft. Update coming soon.
mrmoves20

Re: (5-2)The Big Easy| Durant goes off for 75 in 4OT!

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Durant scores career-high 75 points; Gordon nets triple-double, game-winner in 4OT

Both sides have been on a winning streak, the Hornets with four and the Thunder with six but on this game, on a very thrilling night the uprising Hornets prevailed over the Thunder on 4OTs 167-165 ending the Thunder's six-game stretch, also, the Thunder missed Westbrook due to a knee tenditis and is out for a week or two. This game also marks the debut of Tristan Thompson for the Hornets since being traded by Cleveland last night for forward Ryan Anderson, Thompson scored 29 points for the Hornets on 11-30 shooting.

Now, on the game's recap, on the early part of the game, it was lopsided as early as the opening quarter as the Hornets had a 24-14 run at the end of the quarter. But then they [Hornets] kind of slumped shooting just 35% on the second period compared to the Thunder's 52% outscoring the Hornets 33-18 on that period and led by 9 by halftime up to the end of 3. The Thunder's biggest lead was 19 points and that was early in the second. And on the closing quarter, the Hornets just wouldn't give up ending the regulation on a 16-4 run tying the game at 109 apiece lead by a powerful two-handed jam by Tristan Thompson. By this time, Durant had 42 points. Harden was shooting bricks, who was 2-13 from the field in 4 quarters.

Heading on to overtime, the Hornets were leading by 3 with 11 seconds left, 124-121 and off the inbound Durant came off the pick from Perkins and shot a three over Aminu and it wasn't surprising that he tied the game. His shot sent the game to another overtime. Now, on to the second overtime, once again, the Thunder are down, this time only by two. Here, the silent player of the night comes through when needed most - James Harden delivered for the Thunder as grabbed an offensive rebound and laid the ball in with a minute and twenty left. No other teams scored the rest of the way. On the third OT, Thunder with a small lead with only two points. Everybody was exhausted but Thompson once again saves the uprising Hornets by cutting to the rim and slams the ball 154 all.

And now, for the final OT, the fourth one, this game went back and forth between Kid Clutch and Eric Gordon. Both hitting jumpshots after jumpshots, the Hornets were leading by two, 165-163 when Durant hit an 18-foot jumper from the right elbow with 11.3 seconds left. No timeouts were left for both teams, now with the ball in Gordon's hands, he dribbles to the top of the key with the best perimeter defender, Sefolosha, on him. He drove to the right, stepped back, Sefolosha was raising his hands giving Gordon no space with at least a second left. Gordon had no choice but to fade away and at the buzzer, he made the shot that ended the game!

Kevin Durant shook his head after the game and sat on the bench. He had a career-high 75 points, making him the fourth highest scoring player in a game behind Wilt who had 78. Durant also had 19 rebounds. Ibaka had 18 points and 15 rebounds. Both Maynor and Gordon finsihed with triple-doubles, second for Gordon this season. Maynor had 18 points, 10 rebounds and 18 assists while Gordon had 47, 11, and 17. Although he didn't shoot very impressive, 3-24, Harden had a career-high 16 assists.

Thunder 25 33 29 22 *56 | 165
Hornets 31 18 29 31 *58 | 167
* - denotes overtime

Top Performers

Thunder
Durant 75 pts 19 reb
Ibaka 18 pts 15 reb
Maynor 18 pts 10 reb 18 ast

Hornets
Gordon 47 pts 11 reb 17 ast
Davis 32 pts 16 reb
Thompson 29 pts 18 reb
Flynn 21 pts 10 ast

mrmoves20

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood