Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 am

air gordon wrote:if George HIll doesn't make that game winner, is there this outcry?

Possibly. They did still only manage to score 77 points in the game, a total they almost matched in the first half against the Nuggets yesterday.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rise on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 am

The Lakers really need to look into trading for Ryan Anderson if Pau continues to struggle. You saw what he was capable of next to Dwight last time. Now he'd be even more open with Kobe, Nash, and Dwight gaining special attention.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby benji on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Pretty sure the Hornets will hang up the phone laughing at any offer from the Lakers.

Especially considering Anderson is still doing what he is capable of.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... y-together

"All my looks are jumpshots," Gasol explains. "I would like to see something closer to the basket and not just rolling, especially when Dwight is there. … We have to find our best formula of how we maximize our personnel with the system that the coach wants us to play."

Snap.

The G.O.A.T. being the true leader that he is...
"If [Gasol] feels like he needs to get more touches down there, then we'll get him some more," Bryant says when told of Gasol's comments. "This isn't going to be a team where you sit here and feel like you're not getting the most out of yourself, where we're not getting the most out of you.

"Where you say something about it and we just ignore it. That's not what teammates are for."
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 am

Every team circles Lakers game on their calendar. The Lakers are challenged constantly with the other teams' A-games, which is something the Heat had to deal with last two season. So much pressure from all the attention on Lakers' stars these days. I think the Lakers will figure it out eventually but I'd be happy to turn out to be wrong.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby S_Brat on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

feels good to see what has plagued us all those years plague the lakers :D dwight howards missed free throws..... good game though!!!
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:17 pm

No. What plagued the Magic all those years were crappy management moves that made a bloated overpaid roster where it can't contend for a championship and pushed away that indecisive bitch center to the Lakers.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby homicide1550 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:12 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Lakers gave up 40 points in the fourth quarter. Probably not something they want to make a habit of.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 am

“Jimmy Buss strikes again. … (Mike) Brown was horribly inept. He was terrible in timeouts. His practices were long and useless. He made bad adjustments. His players ridiculed him behind his back. But Jimmy Buss didn’t want Phil Jackson back, and one of the reasons is the competition that exists among the siblings, meaning Jeannie Buss. So if Phil is back, then Jeannie has more influence probably than Jimmy does. So I think he was looking for a way to not hire Phil despite the clamor from the local media and the fans, so he made up a whole bunch of stuff — Phil wanted $18 (million), Phil didn’t want to go to road games, blah blah blah, which was all total nonsense. Lies. So he goes for the gold, the glitter, by bringing Mike D’Antoni is, which is a bad fit. D’Antoni doesn’t know what to do with post-up players.
Jackal

Postby S_Brat on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

shadowgrin wrote:No. What plagued the Magic all those years were crappy management moves that made a bloated overpaid roster where it can't contend for a championship and pushed away that indecisive bitch center to the Lakers.

you make a very good point but teams like to do to us what the magic did to the lakers and that was hack a howard lol.... thats what helped the lakers stay out of it late.....
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby dare on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:29 am

Funny note that we our up by 1 point then Gasol sits down and we finished the game down by 11 points. Also stats doesn't show it but Vucevic did a good job on Howard.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Bruce on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:53 pm

I just saw the recap, I am not sure if they just spliced the video, but they caught Pau shaking his head on the bench in the 4th qtr. He was probably saying to himself, I could have done better. Hopefully, it is just D' antoni looking for the right mix.

And yet, now there are talks of trading away Gasol. Which gets hairy because of the ridiculous amount Gasol is still owed. But, there have been talks about Gasol for Bargnani and Calderon. I kind of like this trade, in that the Lakers gets a bit younger and gets some salary relief when Calderon's contract ends. And maybe trade away Duhon and Earl Clark as well. This could be good for the Raptors, in that they can anchor building their team with seasoned veteran and legitimate star Gasol. like he was for the Grizzlies. It should also not hamper Toronto's future to resign Derozan, Lowry and Valanciunas anayway. Bargnani's inability to grab many rebounds should also not be a problem in LA as they have Hill and Sacre anyway.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby NovU on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

I doubt the Lakers are dumb enough to take on Baryawni's contract that runs through 14/15. But if the Lakers are willing, then I say the Raptors should accept the trade in a heartbeat. Bryan Colangelo and Bargnani will miss each other though especially after Colangelo feeding and protecting Bargnani with all the tender love in the world like a son of his own.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:25 pm

I'd take Gasol at 75% (or whatever we care to estimate he is right now) over Bargnani. Maybe he's a better fit for D'Antoni's offense because he's a big that's willing and able to shoot from the outside, but you're giving up a lot in terms of rebounding and defense. Calderon could be a solid pickup but his contract is pretty big for a backup, which is obviously what he's going to be when Nash is back in the lineup.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

That's what I meant by this isn't the right personnel for this coach, these guys are way too skilled and he has no clue how to best use them. What a shame if Jackson was really willing to come back, what a shame. :facepalm2:
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 pm

For what it's worth, the Lakers are now 1-7 this season when Kobe scores 30 or more, 0-3 when he attempts over 25 field goals.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... gasol-loss

Kobe The G.O.A.T. Bryant, he mad...
"Put your big-boy pants on (Pau Gasol)," Bryant said after the Lakers' 113-103 loss to the Orlando Magic on Sunday that dropped the team's record to 8-9. "Just adjust. Just adjust. You can't whine about it. You can't complain about it."

"We're not going to lose him," Bryant said. "That's just not going to happen. I've been around him long enough. I know how to deal with him."

"Pau has got to make some adjustments, obviously, to his game," Bryant said. "He might not be posting up as much as he likes, but he just has to adjust.

"The reality is, I've adjusted, I've never run this many screen-rolls in my entire career. But I've worked on it. I've worked on handling the ball. I've worked on coming off of screens and making plays. I'm used to being in the post much, much more but you have to adjust.

"You have to master what it is that we're trying to do here and Pau is talented enough and he's good enough to be able to do that."

"There's no excuses to be made, there's no whining," he said. "No putting your head down. We're here, we have the talent to make adjustments, we have to make them. Period. ...

"I'll kick everybody's ass in this locker room if that doesn't happen. That's the attitude that you have to have. Metta (World Peace) is the same way. Dwight (Howard) has that in him as well. Even though he smiles a lot, he still cares a lot about this thing. Like I said, come hell or high water, it has to get done."

Kobe doing work, the rest must do the same!

This might also mean it's only a matter of time before Pau is traded.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby rise on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Kobe (along with the Lakers in general) has been playing like ass this season, particularly on defense. Kobe's defense the most overrated of all time, and at this point, anybody even trying to call it decent this season is delusional.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby dare on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 am

Kobe has been coasting on defense, well you can't expect him to run through all screens and stick it to a much athletic and faster wing players. But he is Kobe so there are no excuses for him.

The whole team sucks at defense and plays with no energy at all especially in the 4th quarter. Maybe because of all the running and the fast pace offense in the first three quarters?

At this rate we might not even make the playoffs.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby NovU on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am

Lol. Kobe adjusted so he can shine even more, score more and efficiently. In return, it became a two man game while the rest of the team sits and watch. You know when Kobe is holding the ball, players movements are minimal compared to likes of LeBron and Paul. Because the teammates know they ain't getting the ball where they want to. For him to request Gasol to adjust to whatever they need is retarded as it's clearly not to Pau's strength. Put your big boys' pants on? Lol. Fuck, that's just embarrassing.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jackal on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 am

This is the offense their coach is running for them. Pick & roll. That's it.

Moronic and painful to watch. You just know what's coming each and every time. The one night their shooters are on they have success, the nights they aren't they lose. Kobe gets his 30, Howard gets his 20-10 and they lose in both cases. "Ball will find energy."

Go fuck yourself D'Antoni. :?

Bryant changed his tune real fast too:

"I love Pau like a brother," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Tuesday. "I really do. I want him to dominate like I know he can." "I want him to dig in and be determined, not discouraged," Bryant continued. "We should go to him more on the post because he can dominate from there as he has to the tune of two rings. I'm sure we will adjust and figure out a balance when he comes back healthy."

Howard is great & all but he's no post play maker. With Nash out, why wouldn't you want Gasol operating from downlow to get easy shots for his teammates? I've probably seen like 4-5 post passes from Gasol to Howard this season. It's hard to create from the post when you aren't there in the first place.
Jackal

Postby dare on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 am

Because it's because of the offense system, the coach is too stubborn to change his system and adjust to the team's strength which is inside the paint.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 am

I don't know that I'd call it stubbornness, D'Antoni just doesn't seem to know any other way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 am

dare wrote:Because it's because of the offense system, the coach is too stubborn to change his system and adjust to the team's strength which is inside the paint.

Where have I heard that before, lol? :D
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball